Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E31: Unseen Moments

bref
  • Start Topic

I think Kail had a fit about the cameras to prevent MTV from showing the scene. Similar to singing a song that's under copyright protection. She shrieked about the cameras hoping the word "camera" would keep it off tv. She was almost right.

Wow that never even occurred to me, but makes total sense. I bet the reality 'stars' figure this out pretty early. I guess she didn't count on the fact that they're starting to allow glimpses of more of the "fourth wall" on a lot of these shows.

Funny thing is I bet if she'd left out the waterworks they probably wouldn't have even showed the clip because it wouldn't have been dramatic enough. She probably should've left out the part about wanting to smack Javi too. Dr. Drew could've run with that if he wanted to revisit the spousal abuse topic. I was really surprised he didn't use that to launch the question "when was the last time you smacked Javi?"  I think there was just too much good stuff in there for MTV to work with.

I think Kail had a fit about the cameras to prevent MTV from showing the scene. Similar to singing a song that's under copyright protection. She shrieked about the cameras hoping the word "camera" would keep it off tv. She was almost right.

I mentioned something similar in my post.  I had the feeling Kail figured if she mentioned how disgusted she is with the cameras and how much she hates when they show certain scenes, they might not air this footage and hold back from showing other scenes. I don't remember the exact words she said, but she did say something about MTV always showing her bad side or always showing her in a bad light. Whatever the words were, it is painfully obvious she has no clue that she is at fault and what a big idiot she is, especially since she had mentioned to Dr. Drew she wishes the footage that is shown on the Unseen Moments show would be shown on the show itself. Of course, I am sure she means as long as it is the good moments or it shows Javi in a bad light. She sure as heck didn't mind the nose-picking being pointed out, but dare to mention a pile of clothes in a room, suddenly the Hulk comes out.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 2

At Jace's lunch after his pre school graduation Barbara is all happy telling Jace how proud she is and how cute he looked, then Jenelle with her dead voice says "I took pitchers".

I hate when people don't pronounce pictures properly.

OMG.  Don't go to Texas!  For a long time, I've thought the state motto should be:

Texas:  Land o' Homophones.

I used to have a list of about 30 or 40 of them.  I wish I could find it now.

Off the top of my head...

Picture -> pitcher.  Pen -> pin  (also including ten, men, ken, etc.) 

[Not a homophone, but illustrative of the problem is guy from up north I knew, whose was introduced to a group of us as Denny.  We called him Dinny.  He finally corrected us and said, "It's Denny." Oh.  So we started saying, "Danny."  He tried one more time, and finally said, "Never mind."  There was literally nothing between Dinny and Danny for us.]

Then you have the interesting hill <-> heel phenomenon.  A rise in the landscape is pronounced "heel" ("The heels are alive, with the sound of music), but the bottom of your foot is pronounced "hill" (The jazzercise instructor told us to be sure our hills are on the floor"). 

Terrorist -> terrace.  Terrorists -> terrace.  Singular, plural--doesn't matter.

Film -> femme.  Both are pronounced "fimm."

One of my favorites is hundred -> hunter, both of which are pronounced "hunner" ("On his way to the deer lease, the hunner found a hunner-dollar bill on the ground in the Walmart parking lot").

And yet I still have the balls to made fun of Leah's accent.  Because everybody has to feel superior to somebody else.

• Love 3

I figured this trick out on one of the Housewives shows.

The teenage daughter of one of them was being filmed and she didn't have makeup on so she held her middle finger up in front of her face so they'd have to blur it out.

My favorite thing MTV captured was Janelle freaking out about Miley being pulled over and pulling off her mic. Than the other girls admitted that they've done that as well. I personally think that's rude to get mad at the camera people and take off your mics, I get that the cameras can be there when you don't want them to be, but hitting/pushing a camera out of the way and taking off your mic is rude.

Although I don't think it would ever be all right to physically push the cameramen/camera out of the way I don't think there are never any times when taking off a mic or asking them to stop filming would be acceptable.  If I had been Kail in the scene where Isaac had an accident I would have taken my mic off when I was handing off Lincoln and asked the cameramen for some privacy for Isaac.  I feel he's too old to be filmed having an accident.  Especially when they were listening in with the mic on the conversation between Kail and Isaac in the bathroom. 

• Love 1

OMG.  Don't go to Texas!  For a long time, I've thought the state motto should be:

Texas:  Land o' Homophones.

I used to have a list of about 30 or 40 of them.  I wish I could find it now.

Off the top of my head...

Picture -> pitcher.  Pen -> pin  (also including ten, men, ken, etc.) 

[Not a homophone, but illustrative of the problem is guy from up north I knew, whose was introduced to a group of us as Denny.  We called him Dinny.  He finally corrected us and said, "It's Denny." Oh.  So we started saying, "Danny."  He tried one more time, and finally said, "Never mind."  There was literally nothing between Dinny and Danny for us.]

Then you have the interesting hill <-> heel phenomenon.  A rise in the landscape is pronounced "heel" ("The heels are alive, with the sound of music), but the bottom of your foot is pronounced "hill" (The jazzercise instructor told us to be sure our hills are on the floor"). 

Terrorist -> terrace.  Terrorists -> terrace.  Singular, plural--doesn't matter.

Film -> femme.  Both are pronounced "fimm."

One of my favorites is hundred -> hunter, both of which are pronounced "hunner" ("On his way to the deer lease, the hunner found a hunner-dollar bill on the ground in the Walmart parking lot").

And yet I still have the balls to made fun of Leah's accent.  Because everybody has to feel superior to somebody else.

Not all of us Texans pronounce things that way. I am aware of how I could say things and when i'm at work I tend to enunciate better than when I'm just being lazy at home.  I've never said any of those things that way.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 3
Not all of us Texans pronounce things that way. I am aware of how I could say things and when i'm at work I tend to enunciate better than when I'm just being lazy at home.  I've never said any of those things that way.

Thank you. I have a neighbor who is from Texas and I have not heard her enunciate words that way. I am just scratching my head at this whole thing and what it has to do with the show. None of the girls on this show are from Texas.

• Love 1

GreatKazu, great post! I thought it was very sad of your perfect assessment of Janelle's excitement over everything besides her own dear little boy. What really bothers me is how she's sitting on this show bringing up how us viewers are such haters for such trivial things, and that piece of shit for a Dr. sides with her while all the other loser moms sitting there. shake their heads agreeing. So pathetic! MTV needs to be done with these girls! Especially Janelle, she's no way near Teen Mom! She never has been! Her and that psycho boyfriend are just getting more obnoxious and rich as long as this goes on. They need to go away and not get ONE BIT of recognition, good or bad!

• Love 2

I'd love to see what Jenelle's life will look like without TM2, MTV, her legions of fans, and only Nipples' disability check to support the 3 of them. I hardly believe she's wisely invested her money even if she actually is sober. Which I hesitate to believe. Maybe it's not heroin anymore....but she's got too flat of an affect to be 100% chemical free. People can argue it's just her anti-depressants all they want, but if that's how she is on them they are not being used right. If my docs saw me looking/acting like that on tv we'd be having a sit down.

• Love 1

I guarantee you that once the MTV money stops rolling in, Jenelle will move back in with Barb. And, predictably, they'll have a gigantic blowup within a few weeks. She'll move out, to crash on whichever random friend is putting up with her at that time, and Kaiser will be left with Barb. She'll promise to get a job and a place of her own, so she can get him back. But she never will. 

• Love 5

Ghoulina I mostly agree with you, except I'm curious how Nathan's family may end up figuring into this. They seem to have his other child as far as we know, right?  Or is it the child's mother's parents who have Nathan's first one?  I've never been quite clear who's raising her.

If Nathan's parents have his daughter, I wonder if they have an interest in having Kaiser too, or an expectation that they may. Will Barb end up "co-parenting" with Jenelle's future-ex-boyfriend's parents?  It's enough to make my head spin!

I guarantee you that once the MTV money stops rolling in, Jenelle will move back in with Barb. And, predictably, they'll have a gigantic blowup within a few weeks. She'll move out, to crash on whichever random friend is putting up with her at that time, and Kaiser will be left with Barb. She'll promise to get a job and a place of her own, so she can get him back. But she never will. 

Because it's free on Amazon Prime, and I just finished Carnivale, I'm re-watching the first season of Teen Mom 2. It's interesting, since I know what's going to happen...

Sounds EXACTLY like the episode I watched last night on Teen Mom 2, the first season. When she and Keiffer were going to get jobs and move to Wilmington...then she'd get Jace back. It's five years later, never happened.

• Love 1

Nathan's daughter is in the care of her maternal grandparents.

Ah thank you! So I guess she probably won't even really know Kaiser growing up unless things change dramatically, although I bet Barb and the grandparents raising Nathan's daughter would have a lot to talk about.

GreatKazu, great post! I thought it was very sad of your perfect assessment of Janelle's excitement over everything besides her own dear little boy

Thank you.

A few other things I forgot to post about,  Jenelle's lack of emotion when she gave birth to both her children and any interaction she has when she is in their presence. Jenelle showed more emotion over possibly missing two concerts, but giving birth is void of any emotion. None was shown because none existed. The few moments we watch her holding Kaiser, she shows nothing. She is dead behind the eyes. No emotions of any kind when she has had Jace in her presence. When Jace leaves, I don't see her running after him, begging Barb to let him stay longer. How many times have we watched this bitch run after all the losers in her life? Jenelle has stated "I love you" to all of these losers, but rarely has she said those same words to Jace. I know she said "I love you" to Jace a few episodes back, but she was void of any emotion. Jenelle was quick to filing for a divorce in order to please Nipples, but no effort into getting her son back into her life. This bitch is insane and MTV should stop this show.

To the poster who mentioned Jenelle must not have maternal instincts. The problem I have with that assessment is, Jenelle went and had another baby - Kaiser. If Jenelle had mentioned not having any sort of feelings towards her child and just doesn't have it in her to be a mother, fine. So be it. But, the bitch went and purposely became pregnant again. Two months after meeting Nipples!! Who the hell does that if they are not about wanting to be a mother?  Jenelle is spontaneous and is all about the moment. She said, on camera, "We are in a good place right now" as a justification for bringing another baby into the world. No thoughts as to the future. No thoughts about Jace. No thoughts about what will happen if she doesn't get a job. No thoughts as to what will she do when the cash from MTV is long gone. Just look at how she lives. She has two brand new cars in her driveway, one of which is a fucking Hummer!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

I hope not. I hope Barb means it when she says no more kids for her to raise. And I hope she uses tough love on Jenelle.

Nathan's daughter is in the care of her maternal grandparents.

Where's the mother

Darknight, I recall seeing somewhere that Nathan's daughter's mother has - shocker! - drug problems and does not have custody for that reason.

My gosh what a coincidence? Just like his currently girlfriend. Gosh it's a train wreck. The only ones I feel bad for are the kids. Jace kaiser and Nathan's daughter

I wonder if Nathan showed his daughter her new brother?

• Love 1

I foster kittens for a local shelter and yes it sucks REAL bad to have one die, and they go so quickly - one can be gone just overnight and you didn't know anything was wrong.  And yes I cry a lot when it happens but I don't get hysteric like Leah did... that was kinda crazy...

And i'm questioning whether of not her's died because it was smothered because if you don't realize it is dead for awhile the body gets really stiff and it can appear to be smooshed (sorry for the visual).

Jeremy being a guy was probably just not that caring about the whole ordeal.  At least he was nice enough to bury it. 

Kail needs to get online and read up on some info... I don't have any kids but even I know they can regress with bathroom stuff after being potty trained if there is a massive change in their lives.

• Love 1