Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: The Battles, Part 4

• Start Topic

suspect the blinds, battles, and knockouts are in roughly the order they happen.  We know from what we see that the last performances we see in a given round really are among the last, because they'll occasionally include a judge commenting about how they aren't able to hit their button or to steal- al

I doubt it. They can always edit in sound bites later. If you notice you rarely see the coaches and the contestants in the same camera shot when they say this. Some of them like Beth are probably late in the game, others get edited in for the most dramatic impact.

Edited by Oscirus

Regarding the excessive filler - for me, the show would have more time allotted for battles if they, for the love of all that is good in the world, stopped or curbed the comments from judges who don't get to choose/have no stake in the battles. "This is a really tough decision, I don't know what I would do...." Well, you don't have to do it, so stop wasting time! It's incredibly obnoxious.

Edited by ScullyInApt42
  • Love 2

Just to echo, there is a lot of editing going on and the performances are indeed shown out of order.  In various interviews over the seasons, the contestants have mentioned that they auditioned much earlier/later in the game than shown or that steals weren't available when they performed.  

Completely a guess, but there were so many blinds where only Gwen and Blake pushed their buttons, that I think Adam's and Pharrell's teams filled up early.  Or Adam and Pharrell were told by the producers to stop pushing their buttons as much to give the other coaches a chance.  

ETA: I just posted the links to the battle round interviews in the media thread.  It sounds like the montaged performances were not very good.  

Edited by Noreaster
  • Love 1