Type keyword(s) to search

Plastic Surgery Run Amok, or Renee Zellweger: What Were You Thinking?

• Start Topic

Nicole was soooooooooooo beautiful in Moulin Rouge and The Others (2001).  But then in The Stepford Wives (2004) she's already starting the work.  It was so unnecessary!  She had one of the most beautiful faces in Hollywood of all time.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Nicole was soooooooooooo beautiful in Moulin Rouge and The Others (2001).  But then in The Stepford Wives (2004) she's already starting the work.  It was so unnecessary!  She had one of the most beautiful faces in Hollywood of all time.

Nicole was very beautiful. And she would’ve continued to be beautiful as she aged, but she would’ve looked older, and she just couldn’t have that. 

As far as Lucille- yes it was her own show and company, but again, she rose to fame in her 40s. She was a woman that had kids “late” (especially for the time period) and rose to fame late- I understand her motivations behind holding onto youth more than many other stars. 

On 10/20/2021 at 5:19 PM, Bastet said:

Like you also said, it's anyone's business what to do with their face, but women in entertainment (most obviously, although it's not exclusive to that industry) don't make these choices in a vacuum; it's not pure vanity, there are also practical and resulting economic considerations to looking younger.  The problem is with a sexist, ageist society and an industry which takes that to the extreme; women merely take their best shots at navigating it.

I agree. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Marlene would have been beautiful even if she'd left her face alone. Sadly, I feel that way about Nicole Kidman too, which is why seeing her shiny, plastic face makes me sad. I feel like women are taught to be so terrified of getting a wrinkle that they start the process before they even need to. 

She looked like she backed away from the fillers at the time she did Lion because her face actually could move in that, but then she ran right back into it once she started filming Big Little Lies, which makes sense given her love interest was almost 10 years younger.

I'll never forget reading Natalie Wood's biography and getting to the point where she had a breakdown after filming a flashback scene in Brainstorm where her character was supposed to be in her 20's. Supposedly Christopher realized what was wrong and took her in his arms and soothingly told her, "You can't be that girl anymore." Christopher Walken being younger than her was triggering to her, at least when filming flashback scenes.

The problem is that Hollywood tells women that they're only worth something when they're girls, or look like they still are. Then they're supposed to go away and not come back until they can play older society matriarchs or something.

And then of course Hollywood doesn't start taking male actors seriously until they're in their 30's.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5
On 10/20/2021 at 5:51 PM, Mabinogia said:

Especially when you are casting someone as iconic as Lucille Ball. I would think that anyone interested in watching this is interested because it's Lucy not because of Nicole Kidman (and I like Nicole Kidman, but she isn't the reason I'd watch a movie about Lucille Ball. She's the reason I wouldn't, because I want to see Lucy not Nicole Kidman playing Lucy. 

I'm starting to wonder if the reason why Renee Zellweger got her eyelids done was so that she could convincingly play Judy Garland. Eye contacts alone weren't going to make it happen. She pulled it off way better than I thought she would and I think the eyes played a part.

https://images.app.goo.gl/SZg3TCCyKHwEv2X67

I mean, if I'm right it did pay off for her in  the end. She'll just never have her hooded eyes again.

I don't know, the pictures of her this year look pretty much like her old self to me. Can they do plastic surgery that only lasts a couple of years and then reverts to one's previous appearance without further intervention?

17 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I don't know, the pictures of her this year look pretty much like her old self to me. Can they do plastic surgery that only lasts a couple of years and then reverts to one's previous appearance without further intervention?

Some procedures don’t look as prominent after the aging process kicks in. Also weight gain/loss can effect someone’s face especially after surgery. 

On 10/24/2021 at 10:56 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL, I know what you mean.  After hearing reports of how Megan Mullally refused to show up to shooting W&G because of Debra, it does not make me look kindly upon her.

From what I've heard about people's set visits, Messing seemed friendly with her other costars, crew, and studio audience while Mulally acted like she was being forced on the soundstage at gunpoint. Which doesn't rule out unpleasant behavior going both ways between the two of them, but I don't get the sense that Messing is a diva or terror in general.

• Love 1
On 10/31/2021 at 9:47 PM, Bruinsfan said:

From what I've heard about people's set visits, Messing seemed friendly with her other costars, crew, and studio audience while Mulally acted like she was being forced on the soundstage at gunpoint. Which doesn't rule out unpleasant behavior going both ways between the two of them, but I don't get the sense that Messing is a diva or terror in general.

Yeah, I obviously don't know exactly what happened.  But, we're all allowed to have our favourite TV actors and actresses, so it probably colours my opinion.  I followed Debra on Twitter for a while before I could not take her pushiness anymore.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

Kristen is a tough one.  I don't know.  If anything was done, it was very slight and hard to tell.  She looks so beautiful in "Spencer" but she's always been cute and was very cute in "Twilight".

Bianca Lawson ages better than Paul Rudd or Keanu so she would not need any work HAHAHA not that it's stopped people before.  But that woman has always and will always look like that.

Adele changed every facial feature.

Some of the plastic surgery IG accounts have done posts on Adele

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVBTiDqD2uI/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXxzcEpL_Ou/

The easiest thing to tell is changing where the eyebrows sit, the slight nose job, and the lips.  Something was done to the eyes but I don't know enough about this stuff to comment.

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 1.06.07 AM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kristen is a tough one.  I don't know.  If anything was done, it was very slight and hard to tell.  She looks so beautiful in "Spencer" but she's always been cute and was very cute in "Twilight".

Bianca Lawson ages better than Paul Rudd or Keanu so she would not need any work HAHAHA not that it's stopped people before.  But that woman has always and will always look like that.

Adele changed every facial feature.

Some of the plastic surgery IG accounts have done posts on Adele

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVBTiDqD2uI/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXxzcEpL_Ou/

The easiest thing to tell is changing where the eyebrows sit, the slight nose job, and the lips.  Something was done to the eyes but I don't know enough about this stuff to comment.

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 1.06.07 AM.png

Lorry believes Adele has had at least one nosejob, two separate jobs on her eyes, a browlift, liposuction to her legs, waist, neck, and jaw, some Botox, and a possible weightloss surgery, but you can't really tell which one. If she did all that I'm assuming she probably also a tummy tuck to get rid of excess skin after losing 100 pounds in a year, but we never see her in things that bare her waist.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

You know who looks amazing?  Neve Campbell.  I would believe she didn't do much or anything. She has normal smile wrinkles in her eyes and forehead when she should and looks completely normal and amazing.  She does not have that plastic look at all.  

When people who do stuff to their eyes, it begins to look so creepy.  When Chrissy Teigen laughs for example, her eyes just stay frozen in place (most people's close).  One of Reese's eyes does this wonky thing too when she makes certain expressions on The Morning Show.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Watching "And Just Like That" - Mario Cantone is 62 but he looks way younger.  Has hardly aged since Sex and the City.  He looks fantastic and natural.  Cynthia Nixon, there's a lot of talk about how much older she looks because she refuses to dye her hair red.  (Not sure why choosing purple is a better look).  So, perhaps she hasn't gotten work done.  (On the other end of things, Kristin Davis got way too much.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Other people who look fantastic:

Jared Leto - And I hate to admit it

Teri Polo - I saw a movie of hers from 1996 called "The Arrival".  And then she was on Curb your Enthusiasm last year.  This woman looks THE SAME.  

All of the adult cast of Saved by the Bell, minus Lark Voorhies.  She got a lot of really bad work done at some point, but they had her guest on the reboot, and she kinda looked OKAY.  Clearly there's been some work among the cast - Liz Berkley probably did breasts and nose for example - but they all basically look like how they looked then, which is crazy.  Mario Lopez is truly one of those people who does not age or only ages well.  He's a miracle.

• Love 2
On 2/6/2022 at 1:37 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Clearly there's been some work among the cast - Liz Berkley probably did breasts and nose for example - but they all basically look like how they looked then, which is crazy.  Mario Lopez is truly one of those people who does not age or only ages well.  He's a miracle.

Tiffani Amber Thiessen's 1990's boob job is just the gold standard. Whatever doctor sculpted those should be proud.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 2/8/2022 at 10:43 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Tiffani Amber Thiessen's 1990's boob job is just the gold standard. Whatever doctor sculpted those should be proud.

Yes- but that’s because, 1. Tiffany didn’t go too large for her frame- she is “thick” by white Hollywood standards, so she looked proportional with her shoulders, hips and buttocks, 2. She had enough breast tissue to cover the implant so it looked natural.
I know a few women (not celebrities) who have lost vast amounts of weight (either through surgery or just counting calories), and got breast lifts/small implants to give them their fullness back. They didn’t want to go “big” but just full and nice- they look amazing and didn’t have celebrity surgeons. 

I continue to think outside of a crap surgeon who doesn’t know what they are doing, if you just do a few tweaks you can look really nice, it’s when you do too much you look fake. If you’re naturally a size 0 with small shoulders, it’s likely DDD breasts aren’t going to look right on you. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

If you’re naturally a size 0 with small shoulders, it’s likely DDD breasts aren’t going to look right on you. 

See: Tori Spelling's horrible boob job from the 90's. I don't think she would have listened to any doctor who told her that, though.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

See: Tori Spelling's horrible boob job from the 90's. I don't think she would have listened to any doctor who told her that, though.

Yup. Tori was tall, but she was super thin back in the day. Willowy- not much curve to her body. Those breasts look like something out of a horror film, and then the puckering. Jennie Garth got her boobs done and never looked like that! Tori’s nose job did look nice, probably because Candy picked the surgeon and directed it (not claiming Candy was a great mother, but she was more mature than Tori and understood how plastic surgery worked). 

19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I continue to think outside of a crap surgeon who doesn’t know what they are doing, if you just do a few tweaks you can look really nice, it’s when you do too much you look fake. If you’re naturally a size 0 with small shoulders, it’s likely DDD breasts aren’t going to look right on you. 

Part of the problem here is plastic surgeons, like most of America,  do not know what DDD cups actually are.  DDD does not mean large breasts, but we are conditioned to think it does. Plastic surgeons think in ccs and tend to recommend a much larger size than what is necessary to achieve a DD figure or even a DDD figure.  A size 0 starlet probably has a 28 inch band size.  If you Google what a 28DDD (or use the British equivalent of 28E) size looks like, you will get results that do not scream "big boobs."  That size is roughly a 6 inch difference between band and bust.  The plastic surgeon version of DDD cups will end up being something more in line with a H cup which equates to a 8 inch difference.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Part of the problem here is plastic surgeons, like most of America,  do not know what DDD cups actually are.  DDD does not mean large breasts, but we are conditioned to think it does. Plastic surgeons think in ccs and tend to recommend a much larger size than what is necessary to achieve a DD figure or even a DDD figure.  A size 0 starlet probably has a 28 inch band size.  If you Google what a 28DDD (or use the British equivalent of 28E) size looks like, you will get results that do not scream "big boobs."  That size is roughly a 6 inch difference between band and bust.  The plastic surgeon version of DDD cups will end up being something more in line with a H cup which equates to a 8 inch difference.  

Yes you’re absolutely right. Cup size is relative to band size. Bigger women (not obese just in the realm of bigger) tend to have more breast tissue on average than smaller women. If you’re a woman with a small frame and shoulders, you can get a full look to your breast/cleavage without as many CCs compared to a woman with a larger frame. 

• Useful 1
On 3/29/2022 at 2:19 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Lorry Hill on Zoe Kravitz:

Basically, eye work, nose work, buccal fat removal, cheek implants, chin/jaw work, Botox, Ponytail facelift.

You think? It looks to me like she lost weight, and started using bronzer to contour her face. 

• Love 5
On 4/9/2022 at 11:28 PM, Scarlett45 said:

You think? It looks to me like she lost weight, and started using bronzer to contour her face. 

I see the same.  I can't believe she had that much work done and still looks like Lisa Bonet's daughter.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I see the same.  I can't believe she had that much work done and still looks like Lisa Bonet's daughter.  

Yes, for a lot of black people, our faces get more angular with age- she could've had a little lipo or something, but that looks like weight loss and makeup to me. Her features all the look the same- its a different hairstyle and makeup.

• Love 4

I remember when the talk show "The Talk" was doing their makeup free shows years ago. Julie Chen let people see the process she went through in the makeup chair to get ready before each show. Seeing the magic her makeup artist performed made me think of how famous peoples looks get analyzed (especially women) and how easily some try to say they've had tons of plastic surgery. Zoe Kravitz looks like she may have had a nose job at some point but I also don't think she had all that other stuff done.

P.S:  Julie Chen did admit to having surgery to make her eyes look bigger after it was suggested her by someone above her at a TV station she worked at early in her career. 

Edited by Jaded

The use of makeup by skilled professionals needs to be accounted for in any of these videos.  I've watched a couple here, and Lorry always uses pictures where the starlet in question is wearing a full face of makeup while the before pictures are more natural.  Makeup is transforming when done by professionals.  I need the after pictures to be the same as the before when it comes to makeup.  

And this is not even taking into account people's faces naturally changing over time.  Using "before" photos from when the lady in question is 19 versus 27 matters.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes, for a lot of black people, our faces get more angular with age- she could've had a little lipo or something, but that looks like weight loss and makeup to me. Her features all the look the same- its a different hairstyle and makeup.

It's a slightly different angle, too.  The first shot is from slightly above with her face turned (or tilted) a little, but the second one is straight on.

• Love 3

I think she has a completely different face now and definitely got some work done.   "Angles" only count for so much.  To me, she's like a different person.  Just my opinion.

I feel like the eyes were widened for sure.  And I feel like the top lip is a very common procedure.  

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 8.28.42 PM.png

I'm really happy that some celebrities are starting to be more open about their procedures.  I hope it will make it less taboo to discuss.

Bella Hadid Regrets Getting Nose Job at 14, Sets the Record Straight on Plastic Surgery Rumors

https://www.usmagazine.com/stylish/news/bella-hadid-addresses-nose-job-filler-and-eye-lift-rumors/

In a Tuesday, March 15, interview with Vogue, the runway star confirmed that she did have a nose job — at the age of 14 no less. “I wish I had kept the nose of my ancestors,” she expressed to the publication. “I think I would have grown into it.” 

Even when stars like Chrissy Teigen and Bella Hadid admit to one major surgery (breast, nose), they make sure to deny all the others.  It's still extremely rare for celebrities to be truthful.  I think they feel they have to keep up the 'naturally beautiful' thing as part of their image or brand.

Chrissy Teigen posted a selfie in January and underneath are about 1000 comments of people saying "Is this Khloe Kardashian?"  That must be awkward.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYPafm5MQzO/

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
26 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Chrissy Teigen posted a selfie in January and underneath are about 1000 comments of people saying "Is this Khloe Kardashian?"  That must be awkward.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYPafm5MQzO/

Chrissy looks like Khloe in that picture because they use the same makeup artist, Scott Barnes, or someone emulating him.  He does a very distinctive "sculpted" look with heavy contour on the cheeks and nose.  

I'm not saying that Chrissy has not had work done on her face, but that picture is not a good measure.   She does post more candid shots on her Instagram that give a better picture of her face.  As for Khloe, very few people know what her real face looks like.  She only posts heavily edited pictures with her face completely beat.  

They both have got a lot of work done.  They both have completely different faces than before. With (actually) thousands of people pointing out "You look like Khloe now" it might be reasonable to guess that they have the same surgeon and do the same surgeries.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

As a refresher...though she's more a t.v star, Daphne Zuniga has allowed her face to age like Diane Lane has and it's incredibly refreshing.

Daphne_Zuniga_Photo_Op_GalaxyCon_Raleigh

5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I saw Daphne in a made for TV movie from like 2010.  Granted that's more than a decade ago but I was like oh my gosssssssssh this woman is gorgeous.

She was in a V C Andrews movie in 2019 (Gates of Paradise), playing a creepy nurse, and yes still gorgeous. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bruinsfan said:

She's beautiful. And can smile warmly instead of having a rictus grin the Joker would be proud of.

Like I get why actresses feel they have to turn their faces into frozen monuments, but it just feels so futile. Courtney Cox is never going to get to play a 35-year old, you know?

Although Glenn Close and Meryl Streep both got to play 50-something women as 70-somethings, but that seems more about them being in-demand than anything else.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
(edited)

Here's Daphne in that Hallmark movie I saw, A Family Thanksgiving from 2010.  (Faye Dunaway is also in it, LOL).  I mean come on, that face!  She resembles Catherine Zeta Jones.  I wonder why she doesn't work more.  The movie got bad reviews but I kinda liked it.  (A lot of those Hallmark movies are basically the same).

AFamilyThanksgiving-1288x724.jpeg

a-family-thanksgiving-lg.jpeg

daphne-zuniga-a-family-thanksgiving-2010-FHNDHN.jpeg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

Jennifer Grey talked about her infamous nose job gone wrong on her memoir. Apparently, people (including her own mom) had been trying to convince her to get it for years to jump-start her career. And it was only after she’d done Dirty Dancing and was STILL not considered “pretty enough” for more big parts that she finally caved. And of course she got a bunch of crap for it. Sometimes you really can’t win 😓 

I'll always give her credit for letting them make her nose job a running joke on that sitcom, It's Like, You Know. At least she was able to have a sense of humor about it (or successfully pretend she did in public!).

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Jennifer Grey talked about her infamous nose job gone wrong on her memoir. Apparently, people (including her own mom) had been trying to convince her to get it for years to jump-start her career. And it was only after she’d done Dirty Dancing and was STILL not considered “pretty enough” for more big parts that she finally caved. And of course she got a bunch of crap for it. Sometimes you really can’t win 😓 

Mary McDonough of the Waltons said that she caved into pressure to get a boob job in the mid-80's because this was the Dallas era of Big boobs but it wound up hurting her career because she became sick. She wound up developing Lupus, which she believes was triggered in response to her silicone breast implants. Her health improved after she had them removed a decade later. (You are supposed to replace implants every 10-15 years.) Jenny Jones also has been open about her problems with her 80's breast implants.

• Useful 6
(edited)

Going waaaaaay back, but during Ava Gardner's early days at MGM, the powers that be reportedly tried to pressure her into getting plastic surgery to remove her chin dimple. I'm so glad she refused.

Ava-Gardner-Pandora-Flying-Dutchman-Albert-Lewin.jpg

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 7