Type keyword(s) to search

Plastic Surgery Run Amok, or Renee Zellweger: What Were You Thinking?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Does anyone out there believe that those with ash-blonde scalp hair somehow naturally have enormous black eyebrows and gigantic black caterpillars growing from their eyelids?!

Nope. 

Speaking of celebrity plastic surgery, Lindsay Lohan is looking really great! I’m watching her new Netflix rom com Falling for Christmas, and she looks like an older slightly different version of the young woman she was in “Mean Girls” which makes sense it was 15yrs ago! Whatever corrective procedures she allegedly had she looks great. Here’s an article detailing her transformation here.

• Useful 2

Lorry Hill basically thinks too much filler was also a problem with Lindsey Lohan, who was overcompensating for the drug abuse facial wasting by filling up her face too much.Eventually she course corrected and allegedly got rid of most of the filler and did a neck/face lift. Lindsay does look great. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

For a success story may I submit Pat Sajak and Vanna White.  Holy mother.  I watched Celebrity Wheel of Fortune to see Jack Black and I couldn't believe that Pat and Vanna are STILL THERE and they STILL LOOK THE SAME.  LOL.  It was like stepping into an alternate world  - of my childhood!  Pat's been hosting since 1981!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I can't even begin to guess who woman #2 is supposed to be.

I managed to sus it out from the comments that it is Amelia Hamlin (Lisa Rinna's daughter, so not a shock.)

Lea Michele looks terrible. And Miley Cyrus looks the same age as her mother. Ah, this trend is so bad. Why would you want to have perpetual fish face?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/11/2022 at 7:29 PM, Blergh said:

Does anyone out there believe that those with ash-blonde scalp hair somehow naturally have enormous black eyebrows and gigantic black caterpillars growing from their eyelids?!

Well, no, but they are dying both their hair and their eyebrows in most situations.  Or filling in their brows with a much darker color than their natural brows (which is actually easy to do by mistake).  A darker brow can make your hair color look lighter, so if you are unable or cannot afford to go platinum, you make your brows darker as a cheat.  I'm a natural ash blonde, and my hair looks lighter when my brows are done.  I personally stick to a lighter taupe shade, but I also chose a long time ago to only clean them up and not chase trends.  

When it comes to false eyelashes, no one who applies the giant caterpillar ones is trying to look natural.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I managed to sus it out from the comments that it is Amelia Hamlin (Lisa Rinna's daughter, so not a shock.)

Lea Michele looks terrible. And Miley Cyrus looks the same age as her mother. Ah, this trend is so bad. Why would you want to have perpetual fish face?

8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

People say that Lea is now resembling Taylor from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, which sadly I can see.

I agree Lea looks awful. She had such a  fresh face even though she had strong features, now she looks cartoonish. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2023 at 6:52 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Lorry Hill on Anya Taylor Joy:

I do really like her current look but her old one was great, too. She does basically look like she's going for sophisticated look. 

I saw this one and just had not had the chance to come and share with you guys. 

Anya Taylor Joy does have a very unique face. Ethereal is the right word. Her large eyes and small features, but she doesn’t look “pixie like” (like Jenna Ortega for example). I do wonder when you have these procedures so young how your face holds up. A constant theme of this thread is what’s surgery and what’s makeup!

Anya's features are unusual enough, I don't think I'd be able to discern what changes are plastic surgery vs. what are the result of age and losing baby fat. I don't have a model for what she'd naturally look like as she gets older!

6 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

I don't think I'd be able to discern what changes are plastic surgery vs. what are the result of age and losing baby fat.

Yes, I find digging up years old photos of young starlets to be a pointless exercise, because in most cases, their faces naturally thin out with age, and they get better makeup artists as their career progresses. Sure, they're probably getting work done, but I don't think it's quite as extreme as they make it seem.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Yes, I find digging up years old photos of young starlets to be a pointless exercise, because in most cases, their faces naturally thin out with age, and they get better makeup artists as their career progresses. Sure, they're probably getting work done, but I don't think it's quite as extreme as they make it seem.

I like to look at various photos of starlets from candid, to red carpet, to still photos from their acting roles in order to speculate if she had had any work done.  A quick look at various roles for Anya Taylor-Joy reveals that her cheekbones are not as sculpted when she's acting as when she's on the red carpet.  To me, this means she has not had serious work done, but is employing makeup to achieve a specific look.  

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

But even in the 80s it looks like her chest was augmented 

She has been quite candid about her plastic surgery history; yes, she had breast implants back at the beginning of her acting career.  (She later had them removed.)

• Useful 2
On 4/19/2023 at 3:42 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Hunter Schafer rocking her new boob job. I think she had a prior one before this, but these looks so much more natural on her. They look very nice. I'm not sure if the implants were replaced or just repositioned but something was definitely revised. 

Oh I didn’t recognize her at first, but her voice is the same. They do look nice. She’s fairly tall so they suit her. 

4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh I didn’t recognize her at first, but her voice is the same. They do look nice. She’s fairly tall so they suit her. 

I'm pretty sure she had an earlier boob job around 2021 but they weren't as well done. This looks so much better.

Anyway, celeb who is possibly all natural:

I really don't see any signs of age intervention here- he's a man well into his 50's and he's showing all the age lines you'd expect from someone his age, particularly a guy who has maintained a low body fat percentage his entire life and didn't shy away from the sun. (Although I also think he's probably just naturally tanner-I always figured there was probably some Spanish or Portugese blood in there.)

7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm pretty sure she had an earlier boob job around 2021 but they weren't as well done. This looks so much better.

Anyway, celeb who is possibly all natural:

I really don't see any signs of age intervention here- he's a man well into his 50's and he's showing all the age lines you'd expect from someone his age, particularly a guy who has maintained a low body fat percentage his entire life and didn't shy away from the sun. (Although I also think he's probably just naturally tanner-I always figured there was probably some Spanish or Portugese blood in there.)

I think the dark brows and grey hair suit him. He’s still so handsome, I would change up his skin care regime though, maybe something more hydrating. 

I am not surprised to see how he’s aged remembering him from My Best Friend’s Wedding which I think was his most famous part. 

On 5/1/2023 at 12:01 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Lori Hill on Anne Hathaway...she thinks she had very minimal work done and most of it comes down to genetics and a very great skin routine:

I agree. Anne looks great, her beauty is the type that grows with age. Reminds me of Mandi Moore, who was “cute” as a teen, and now looks so elegant at almost 40. 

• Like 1
(edited)

I just watched the trailer for the new Tyler Sheridan show starring Zoe Saldaña. I know Nicole Kidman's had a fair amount of work done, but I hope it's the makeup/styling that's mostly at fault here because she's unrecognizable. She only gets a few seconds of screen time and the lighting is dark, though, so maybe I'm being unfair.

And IMDB featured Sylvester Stallone on the homepage and I had to do a double-take:

ScreenShot2023-06-09at8_20_46PM.png.c9fff9d7dd3cb57a92c31a0f207ec5a3.png

Edited by krankydoodle
On 6/9/2023 at 4:17 PM, krankydoodle said:

I just watched the trailer for the new Tyler Sheridan show starring Zoe Saldaña. I know Nicole Kidman's had a fair amount of work done, but I hope it's the makeup/styling that's mostly at fault here because she's unrecognizable. She only gets a few seconds of screen time and the lighting is dark, though, so maybe I'm being unfair.

And IMDB featured Sylvester Stallone on the homepage and I had to do a double-take:

ScreenShot2023-06-09at8_20_46PM.png.c9fff9d7dd3cb57a92c31a0f207ec5a3.png

Sylvester’s face looked different in the most recent Guardians of the Galaxy film. (More natural)

• Like 1
On 6/8/2023 at 4:21 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I agree. Anne looks great, her beauty is the type that grows with age. Reminds me of Mandi Moore, who was “cute” as a teen, and now looks so elegant at almost 40. 

Anne is similar to Mandy Moore, in that they both had really great bone structure (great jawlines, naturally great lips) and thick skin. That usually always ages well.

• Like 2

I'm going to admit that I totally thought it was just a nose job and some buccal fat removal.

The chest does look very natural, though, so I don't think that's been touched, although I can see Jennifer Lawerence eventually deciding on a lift.

• Like 1

Jennifer Lawrence did seem noticeably more plastic in her latest movie/promotion. I thought she went a little heavy on her lips, and her forehead looks botoxed to kingdom come (or maybe that's the result of a lift.) I hope she doesn't mess with her face too much more. She had a baby recently, and the body changes a lot after that, and it looks like she went a little extreme trying to combat it.  

• Like 1
On 6/28/2023 at 7:05 AM, absnow54 said:

Jennifer Lawrence did seem noticeably more plastic in her latest movie/promotion. I thought she went a little heavy on her lips, and her forehead looks botoxed to kingdom come (or maybe that's the result of a lift.) I hope she doesn't mess with her face too much more. She had a baby recently, and the body changes a lot after that, and it looks like she went a little extreme trying to combat it.  

Yes. She’s beautiful, but pregnancy and post partum can change your body quite a bit, for most women it’s not as if you go back to your preconception body 6weeks after birth (if ever). I don’t mean your weight or anything like that- things are just different. Her forehead looks unnaturally smooth.

I wish a celebrity who’s lost a lot of weight would talk about their body procedures. I have always loved whoever did Jennifer Hudson’s breasts. They look like they suit her but they are too full for someone who’s lost that much weight!
I have lost 90lbs and would love a thigh lift, some body contouring and a breast lift- if I can maintain my weight for three years I may do it for my 40th. It’s just a lot of money and then being down for the count for so long. 

On 7/16/2023 at 2:01 PM, methodwriter85 said:

nicole-kidman-and-zac-efron-kiss-in-first-look-embed.webp.30db28a8b15cb455a16789fe4483c96a.webp

Nicole Kidman and Zac Efron are doing a romantic comedy together and wow is that a lot of work there.

I am surprised that Nicole Kidman can act at all.  Her face is so odd now.  I don’t know if it’s fillers, Botox, or a face lift or a combination but her face looks like motion capture.  Her face moves very much  like the young Princess Leia or Tarkin in Rogue One.  

• Like 5
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I can see Kevin Kline, with shades of Timothy Dalton.

Dalton is who I see as the end result he's working toward. Which is, y'know, a fine way to look, but maybe try to wait until you're Dalton's age to get there.