Type keyword(s) to search

Moonshiners - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Agreed about Jim Tom.  Always enjoy seeing him on my TV screen.  Could listen to him spin yarns hour after hour.  And it's nice too he's got them up and running.  Imagine that -- someone is now actually making 'shine on Moonshiners!  :P

Poor Josh/Bill.  You would think after trying to get that complicated setup built, you'd make sure you have enough room for the still BEFORE you would get everything constructed.  They should have consulted Cutie-Pie first.  ;)

I would like to see how that Scotch setup would work.  Though once again, something happens to prevent them from running it.  You'd think they'd find some way to protect the mash so it doesn't get watered-down like that.  Wonder now if they will have time to make that scotch recipe now.

I miss Tickle too. 

• Love 1

I was at the state liquor store today and they had just received a shipment of Tim's Climax.  I jumped on that right away!!  I'm in MT, I saw it a couple of weeks ago and passed, but today brought it home. It is good, smoother than the other I have access to, Ole Smokey. It will be a treat for now as was it is $$ but in my opinion, it is worth it!!

Edited by rainbowrockgal
  • Love 1

Most cool.  I put in the word to our local merchants, and one of them said Tim's moonshine should be available in my little corner of the woods the first week of next year.  Yay!  Can't wait to try it.  In the meantime, Popcorn Sutton's moonshine is very good as well.  Very smooth and easy to drink (too easy at times!)  :)

And good for Wayne.  I know most of the folks we see on the show don't get paid much.  So am glad Wayne is potentially making some $$ off his time on the show.

Hopefully soon we'll actually start seeing people start running some shine on this show too!  :)

Yeah, really, all these failures are not fun to watch.

Wayne has a really cool old truck with his logo on it that he takes to the various liquor stores. He signs all the jars of his 'shine, too. Anytime I need a gift for someone, he will sign jars and leave them at the ABC store for me. I told him I'm very proud of how he's turned his 15 minutes of fame into a marketable business.

• Love 1

Interesting Christmas episode.  Tickle Returned!  I'm not sure when this was filmed whether it was Christmas 2014 or a couple of weeks ago.  But Digger had the talk with Tickle about his recent legal issues.  And it looks Moonshiners will dedicate an episode or two to Tickle's case.  So, this should be interesting. 

Tim is so boring this season.  I think that it's due to the fact that he's running a legal business, without the risks that the others appear to be dealing with.  Everyone else is has problems with polluted water, still construction issues, and personality conflicts while Tim is dealing with issues of running a business.  Just seems so much less drama for a reality show.

It was nice seeing Tickle for parts of a couple of episodes.  But also sad to see him potentially going away for awhile.   Had he made some halfway intelligent decisions, he could have been pretty mush set up for life due to his popularity from this show.  Probably could have had his own line of moonshine.  As well as going on many promotional tours/autograph sessions/merchandising tours, etc.  Just sounds like the poor guy just couldn't get out of his own way.  Reminds me of a couple of high school classmates.  Not bad people or anything.  Just made a lot of bad decisions and are constantly in trouble.  Hope Tickle can get back to the straight and narrow. 

Also a bit sad to see Josh/Bill go their separate ways.  Though they fought more than most married people I know.  ;)  Still, kinda like Tickle/Tim, I think they work best together despite the occasional butting of heads. 

Speaking of Tim, I'm sorry but it's hard for me to get into this legal distillery storyline of his.  I mean, I know this show is scripted and a bit contrived.  But they seemingly really have to up the contrived factor for Tim's storylines in this show.  Almost each and every scene pretty much shreds me suspension of disbelief.  Oh well.  I still want to taste his moonshine sometime, darnitall!

I'm still an episode or two behind.  Haven't been able to watch as much as I could in the past due to work hours.  But since they replay this show so often, I'm sure I'll get caught up fairly quick like (hopefully!)

Also a bit sad to see Josh/Bill go their separate ways.  Though they fought more than most married people I know.  ;)  Still, kinda like Tickle/Tim, I think they work best together despite the occasional butting of heads. 

That was one thing I waited on....to see what would happen each season with Josh & Bill, they were hilarious. Hope for their friendship they can patch things up, if not for the show, at least for themselves.

• Love 1

So...is anyone still watching?

I guess the new season starts tonight.   In the promos, it looks like we might see Tickle.  Wonder how is legal thing got resolved(?)

I know it's extremely contrived (especially last season), but I will still most likely be watching.  I enjoy most of the cast and will probably follow their exploits for awhile, anyway.

• Love 1

No subtitles needed here either!  I like all of the personalities of the 'shiners on this show (even Josh because he loves Cutie Pie) except Chico - he just grates on my last nerve.  His girlfriend seems like she has a lot more going for her than to be with him.

• Love 1

My local state liquor store (in MT) carries Tim's Moonshine Climax. I had to ask them to carry it.  Of all the legal moonshines local and otherwise I have tried, his really is the smoothest and best tasting.  It is a bit pricey but I treat myself every once in a while with a bottle.  

• Love 1

Nobody into Moonshiners anymore? Husband and I still watch & enjoy.

Interesting that Tim had so much trouble selling, I thought he had a pretty good online presence.

Josh couldn't get a break if he fell off a roof :/

• Love 3

Yeah, I still watch it.  Though not as often as I used to.  So I am sure I missed an episode or two this season.

Josh's luck never seems to change, does it?  Always something going wrong somehow.  That does seem to be a nice place to make 'shine though.  Maybe there is still time for him to get his stuff together.  Big Chuck is nice and all, but I still miss his partnership with Bill.

That absinthe moonshine that Lance was making sure seems expensive.  And I would think it would have limited appeal anyway (I know I am not a huge absinthe fan myself).  They should probably just stick with good ol' garden variety moonshine.

I gotta think those money woes of Tim's are mainly for dramatic license.  He/they keep mentioning "Oh noes!  The loan is due and I gotta unload this product!" about every 5 minutes it seems.   I did try his whiskey.  It is OK.  But to me, not nearly as full bodied as whiskey/bourbon that has been actually aged for multiple years.   I definitely wish Tim luck though.  I do like his moonshine and I hope he sells a ton of his stuff.

My problem is that most of the fun or entertaining characters are gone.  Jim Tom was comedy gold.  Tickle was the perfect sidekick, though he might be back next season.  Tim's legal adventure is really boring.  Josh was way too whiny this season.  Mark has his moments, but that group was never that good.  Chico... that one just pisses me off so much, and he was tame this season.

Mark and Digger are the ones I watch these days.  They are the most creative, and they keep things light around the site. 

• Love 3

Still watch it most weeks. 

Dang, cupcake has really grown!  Last season she looked even smaller than Cutie Pie. 

Speaking of which, poor Josh.  Either they have really scripted him to be the fall guy each and every season, or he really is bad at this moonshining thing.  Did they say how his trailer caught fire?  And what did he tell the police/fire departments that I am sure what to know just what the heck he was transporting? 

Enjoying Mark and Digger and seeing what they come up with next.

• Love 1

Hubby and I still watch although Tuesday nights are tricky between Moonshiners, Oak Island, and RHOBH.  

I wonder if Cutie Pie was with Josh when he made his disastrous trip to Sturgis.  Heaven forbid she was in the pickup while it was still attached to the trailer.  I haven't seen her since the cottonmouth incident.  She is the star of the show!

• Love 2

News of Josh:

Josh was in a wreck , but is ok . Broke nose , ribs , collapsed lung , lost his already amputated finger but not in immediate danger now . Will post more info when it becomes available . Please respect his privacy at this time and let him recover in peace .

• Love 1

Sorry to hear that about Josh.  Definitely hope he has a quick and speedy-type recovery from this.

But dang...either on the show or off of it, he still can't seem to catch a break! 

• Love 1

I am new to Moonshiners, and just finished watching Seasons 6 and 7 (all OUT OF ORDER thank you very much Discovery Channel).  Much of Season 6 followed Josh working to winterize that old mill site so he could run year-round.  Then Season 7 started and Josh was working to build a new site out in the woods.  What happened to the old mill?  Was it ever explained?   Did the landowner's son demand too much hush money?  Was the location discovered?

And will there be a season 8 so Mark and Digger can continue their war with Mike?

Did anyone catch this year's holiday special?  We love Mark and Digger.  They always look like they're having fun.  The storyline with Tim was too contrived, even by this show's standards, but still fun to watch.

• Love 2

Yeah, always enjoy seeing Mark and Digger.  They seem to always be having a blast doing this show.

And you're right about Tim and his journey to Alaska.  It was fun watching, but it was totally contrived and scripted.

• Love 1

So I'm watching Moonshiners: Whiskey Business (I don't see a separate thread for it). I'm watching the episode where they overhaul Three Brothers Distillery in Southeastern Virginia, my neck of the woods. So I have to nit-pick a few things.

The town is called Disputanta, which they got right. But they didn't bother to pronounce it right. It's pronounced dis-pew-TAN-a. In other words, we don't pronounce that last t.

Another thing, it's in Prince George County, not Prince George's County. Prince George's County is in Maryland.

The bar they go to is in Norfolk! A good place to test a Naval-Strength Gin, but damn, it's a whole hour and a half away from Disputanta.

According to their website, they have changed the name of their gin back to Silk Jacket and they have added an Unaged Corn Whiskey called KaBlam and a rye called George Straight Rye Whiskey.