Type keyword(s) to search

Moonshiners - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I found out about the building that Jeff and Mark were planning to use for their moonshine operation. It's right in downtown Robbinsville, down Snyder Hill.

It was a condemned warehouse, that was going to be destroyed anyway. So what better way to do it than set it on fire! LOL

I am not sure who tipped off production that they had this building that would be a perfect location for an episode, but it worked out great.

I must have not been paying attention the first time, but when Jeff and Lance came to buy sugar, they came here to the Walmart. That's the only store of it's size in the immediate area. Everybody would have known they were filming, judging from the number of people in the parking lot. But then they are back in Robbinsville when they get pulled over. The blurred Bojangles sign tipped me off. And they were right at the city limits when he pulled off the road. I have no idea who the officer is since his face was blurred.

That's cute! I have an odd question to ask about that, though. Do you know if he was raised in an orphanage? I ask because Christmas day was the day most orphans got for a birthday back then if their actual birthday was unknown. My MIL got assigned that day and she and Jim Tom are about the same age. She said it was cheaper to get that day, since they were already celebrating anyway.

Thank you, I had forgotten he does speak of his parents often. I just automatically think of a Christmas birthday as a given day, when I hear of one.

Bittersweet may be the better description, though. It's got it's advantages but it's a little lonely, too. It's pretty cool to see a woman hold a newborn and pick out every single feature and try to place it. She finds a piece of her in every child. :)

Moonshiners is on my DVR to watch, list. The holidays got me behind a bit. Whooops

• Love 1

Wait until you see the Christmas episode, Jim Tom talks about his favorite Christmas gift ever.

And in another bonus episode, Jim Tom goes to Nashville to record a new song. My buddies Josh and Josh of My Highway worked with him on the first song, remember?

These boys were voted the best new group at the NC Country Music Awards. They are going places.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EugX312_ZwE

The big-bellied guy running the saw is a longtime friend of my Daddy. And the Josh that's in the passenger seat is a cousin.

can som1 please please tell me which episode and season of moonshiners were these guys tell you how to make a fishing lure. ive got 2 pics of the simple tutorial they showed on that sPDBiNP.jpgSovQ2kl.jpgepisode.

Does anyone else think Tickle, and possibly even Tim, will be cut from the cast next year? The cast is getting full with both Chico & Tyler/Digger & the other Mark joining. Plus Chico & Tyler are now off doing their own thing in Kentucky while Tim's moonshine is legal in VA. How much can the show get out of a partnerless, clienteles Tickle and another season of Tim rubbing elbows with legal distillers? I love the whole cast but I would really hate to lose either of the two OGs. That is if the series is even renewed for a 5th season of course...any gossip on that cooksdelight?

Edited by thegreekfreak

I certainly agree with the part about Tim and his legal distillary.  (btw, I still want to taste his moonshine, darnitall!)

The storyline with him seems *really* contrived.  Even more so than the other 'shiners.  And it's a bit on the boring side as well.  I don't think they can milk another season with him on the show doing what he's doing now, but who knows?  Tickle could be back.  They can just have him branching out on his own somewhere.  Or maybe he can convince his wife to go in it with him as well.  ;)

It is getting a bit crowded though with moonshiners.  Btw, did they ever say what happened with "Moonshiner X".  He was the guy who had his face/voice obscurred during filming and quit the show about halfway through the season awhile back because the stress of getting caught was too much for him. 

Are you talking about the guy who was trying to raise money for his brother's healthcare? The brother passed away.

Legal moonshining is boring, I agree. I feel sorry for the poor woman in Asheville who has to put up with the fake storyline, and I wonder how it affects her business.

No, I wasn't talking about that guy.  Though that is a very sad story to hear about the other guy's brother dying.

I can't remember if it was one season ago or two seasons ago.  But they had this guy who I think they called "Moonshiner X".  They disguised his face/voice when he appeared on this series.   He quit abruptly saying something to the effect of the stress of getting caught was getting to him.  Didn't hear anything about him since. 

I feel a bit sorry for that woman too.  Though as an actress, she is more convincing than most on this show.   :)

Here is a funny story that may or may not be related to the show.

A news report out of east Tennessee had a young guy being stopped by the police. I cannot remember if he was speeding or what, but he asked the officers if they could swing by his house so he could drop off his groceries. The officers must have gone inside because they found his still. The kid said it was just for show, he didn't actually make moonshine, but they charged him with having the still. I was waiting to hear the kid say that he got it from someone on the show. It was close to where those two new guys live, the ones who almost got busted last week when the police showed up and saw his copper coil.

Found out this morning that the show may not be able to film in Graham County, NC for the next season. Which means Jim Tom, Roy, Jeff, Mark and Lance would be out of a job, and out of the show, unless they opt to film somewhere else. Also Deputy Chuck, since Graham County is his jurisdiction.

I have NO idea who or what the problem is, but as soon as I find out I'll let you know.

Decent premiere, didn't care for the new opening music. I guess Tickle's arrest earlier in the spring for being drunk in public cost him his job on this show. Jim Tom was sick several times this past summer when they were filming, which may be why we don't see much of him.

• Love 1

Was wondering why I didn't see Tickle.  Forgot about that arrest thing.  Too bad, since he definitely was one of the better parts of the show -- especially in the early seasons working with Tim.

I really hope Josh and Bill have a good season this year.  Poor guys always seem to not get out of their own way.  Also I liked their little pet raccoon too.  So cute. :)

Sorry to hear that about Jim Tom.  Hope he's doing better now.  He's also a huge favorite of mine on the show.  Can listen to him telling stories all day long.  Wonder if any of the moonshiners will get "arrested" this year. 

That raccoon was adorable. And kudos to Josh for rescuing it. But, I'm praying he gets it spayed or neutered, or he's asking for trouble later, LOL.

Jim Tom was in the hospital for a bit with heart issues. He seems to be doing well, as I saw him dressed up like Santa, clowning around with his family. Roy was also hospitalized for a short time. Those two are hilarious together.

• Love 1

I was wondering what had happened to Popcorn's disciples.  Apparently, they're trying to find a new way to screw up.  Last season, they had a problem running a proper straight shine.  Now, they're amping it up with a 2 pot 1 cup setup that just screams kaboom. 

Also, it looks like Josh and Bill are doing very well with their legitimate business because they just tried a 20 gal set up this season.  Last season, they build two monster storage units, and a massive pot for production.  Quite the step back.

• Love 1

Cool!  Good for him.  Speaking of capitalizing on the show and stuff, I still am looking for Tim's Climax Moonshine.  I think it is supposedly made it's way up to IL, but still have not seen it yet.  Will have to pester my local liquor stores and see if they can locate some for me.

Josh and Bill still can't seem to get it together.  Seems like they are always fighting about something.  Both seem bull-headed and don't want to compromise.  Too bad the water they used the last time around looked to be polluted.  That really sucked.

I kinda like that lady and her dad.  I hope they are very successful this season.

Btw, I read on social media that supposedly Tickle will make an appearance later on this season.  Don't know if he is actually going to be there, or they are going to use old stock footage from previous seasons and just air them on this season's episodes.  Guess we shall see..

Sorry to hear that about Josh.  Hope it wasn't anything serious.  Though you sure he wasn't fighting with Bill?  ;)   Maybe he just had enough of people asking if the show was fake.  He does seem to have a bit of a temper.  But you never know what exactly is "real" and what is not in shows such as this.

That raccoon is still most cute.  It was kinda funny to see it roam around and get into Josh/Bill's things.  Yep, that's pretty much what they do.  Still darn cute though.

This season seems to be getting off a bit slow.  Seems like everyone is either having problems getting their still's going, or they are constantly having to move because of outsiders getting to close to their operations (or both).  Was kinda hoping to see more liquor being made at this point.  Hope they start to pick up the pace some.  Tim still is boring going legal and not having Tickle around to help out as well.

Speaking of Tim, still haven't found his Climax Moonshine yet.  However, did come across a Popcorn Sutton branded 'shine.  It is really good!  I am hoping that is his actual recipe, and not someone just trying to capitalize on his name.  Regardless -- I think it's very good stuff.

Speaking of Tim, still haven't found his Climax Moonshine yet.

I was looking for it, too. Have you done the search your area on his website? You can enter your zip code and see the nearest location. Not sure if you can order it online or not.

Little weird thing - I kept noticing Josh's tattoos changing arms. In one shot, the big one would be on his left arm, next shot - his right. I had it recorded so I backed it up to show my husband and yep. Kept switching. Wonder why that happens.....?

I wonder HOW that happens??? I know you can flip a photograph, but a digital recording?

This is turning into the season when nobody makes any moonshine. I hope producers don't think that's interesting or entertaining, because it's a snooze for me personally. It was good to see Jim Tom, being as rascally as ever.

I always enjoy watching Jim Tom.  He's entertaining, and doesn't care about getting busted.  Heck, he probably knows all the cops personally.  Plus, the segment with Digger needed his help, they get a bit boring at times.  I still miss Tickle.

So, we are a good ways into the season, and still no one is making shine, except for Tim legally.  I am hoping to get a good lesson from the boys switching from making shine to making a next level alcohol (scotch?). 

• Love 1