Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh...oh! Kitties! Multiple kitties!  A veritable bouquet of cuteness!  Hellllooooo Kitties :-)  They are cute, callie and I defy anyone not to smile upon seeing them.  

I'm in the same boat, riley.  I had heard of and met several Pyrenees Mountain Dogs, but would never have made the connection because....well, you all have seen Oscar's picture, there's a fairly obvious reason that isn't the first thing to leap to mind, whereas he is giant, he's not white....so that didn't come to mind.  I did think St. Bernard might be possible, but discounted because Oscar's coat isn't as seriously dense as Saint Bernard's tend to be and he's not as jowly.  

Neither of us had heard of a Plott Hound before and the vet the microchipped Oscar for me -- the rescue org didn't realize I wanted that done -- said some kind of "He looks like he has ______ shepherd in him" and nothing that I personally recognized.  I'd say that she actually said the Pryenean Shepherd, except he looks NOTHING like a Pyrenean Shepherd.  As in ...no seriously, my other dog looks more like that would be possible.  

I do love that he apparently has ancestors whose breeds hail from a specific region, even if it makes zero sense that that would be the case with what amounts to a type of coonhound.  

However, it may have actually answered part of Oscar's story for us.  We noticed almost immediately that Oscar wants to track deer and when watching them in the woods, will do that semi-creepy stalking walk that sight hounds do, but where we had him trained for basic obedience is actually a game preserve.  Yup, two people don't eat meat had their rescue dog trained at a place that usually trains gun dogs.  Why? Well, I know the people who run the place and they are wonderful human beings.  I actually don't have anything against hunting (well...trophy hunting isn't something I support, but when it comes to deer or ducks? you know....no problems with the concept here, I just don't do it personally or eat the results), but the point would be...typically people who can train award gun dogs could train a corncob to roll over and fetch, because they are gifted trainers.  

But that is how I know that Oscar is terrified of guns.  Like "run away!" terrified of the sound of someone cocking a gun.  He wasn't being trained as a gun dog, for obvious reasons, but it was deer hunting season when he was out there and the hunters were rather thick on the ground.  He was also found on the highway not long after the hunting season began.  

So we thought perhaps somebody's Plott Hound gave birth to a littler of puppies, whoever had Oscar might have attempted to use him as a hunting dog, because he does naturally stalk deer and then found he was entirely useless as a hunting dog because even the smell of guns makes him start to freak out.  

All conjecture on our part, but that's just part of the gig with rescue dogs.  Invariably you end up loving them so much that if you don't know their personal story, it's sort of common to make up one for why anyone would ditch such a great dog.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 2

stillshimpy, I love your conjecture and think you're probably on or close to the mark. I only know of Plott Hounds from watching the big dog show each February, and have/had the impression they're kind of rare in the USA*.   Is the semi-creepy walk where he looks kind of like he's in a trance and moving is slow motion or something else? I am intrigued. 

I wonder if your vet mentioned the Anatolian Shepherd - they're large, with a medium-short coat.

anatolian_shepherd_dog.jpg

*ETA:  Actually the Plott is an American breed, but it was just recognized in 2006.

callie lee 29, I love your kitties. Sabrina (I think, the black one on the far left) is striking; is she related to Milky (the other black/dark one)?  They're all adorable, and I don't know what it is about a napping cat picture that makes me kind of stretch and yawn.  They look so darn warm and comfortable!

Edited by harrie
  • Love 1
Anatolian Shepherd

That was it, harrie, thank you! I normally pay more attention than that, but I was trying to deal with a big dog who was terrified of the car and pretty clearly thought I was taking him to a shelter when I took him to a Banfield Vet (it was the day after Christmas and about half the lost dog postings I see in this area are people whose brand new foster or rescue got lost, because they don't know the area, or the people they are with yet, so I couldn't wait for my regular vet to have a spot) ....

And man, I am so lucky that Oscar is a giant, but gentle dog.  He's about 80 pounds (which is darned big to me) because although we've already broken him of this, he was really, really against getting in a car again.  Cars sucked, just ask him.  He was terrified of the sound of trucks (he was found abandoned on a highway) , he hadn't had the type of ride that makes dogs love getting in cars, the "Whee, we're off to the park/flood wall/track around the lake to play!"  experience yet and Banfield vets are in Petsmart locations, so the groomers and all the pens for the groomers were right there.  I think Oscar thought he was back at the shelter.  

Anyway, that's why I didn't take the time to clarify, but that is what she said, I'm sure of it now.  Thank you for the help. 

By the way, the coolest thing about the parking lot at Petsmart?  Everyone in it is a pet owner, so when I tried to put Oscar back in the car, I got him to jump in the back of my car, but he wanted to get right back out.  So there's 125 pounds of me, losing a battle of wills, just by virtue of being over-matched in strength and determination (well, almost over-matched in determination, I did have him penned in there using only every .ounce of strength I humanly possess) ....and just when I thought I was going to have to give up and call a friend, because I was sliding backwards, people appeared behind me to help.  

Just random customers from Petsmart who helped create a distraction through a passenger door, while feeding Oscar a treat, while another woman helped me make sure no large dog limbs were sticking out as I closed the hatch.  

People seriously rock.  Don't get me wrong, that's absolutely the sort of thing I would do too, but there's nothing like hearing "Do you need help?"  right at the moment when....hell yes, you need help! 

Since then Oscar has learned all about the "everyone in the car for the fun excursion!" outing, but that day I thought i was just going to have to live in the parking lot until someone with more brawn, or a giant sedative (potentially for me) could arrive.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 2

The pictures loaded out of order (weird, I did something wrong!). Sabrina is the orange one, not sure why her picture is so big! Milky is the black one staring straight at the camera, Juanita is the kitten sleeping with a paw up and Nova is the one with the Christmas collar. None are related, all were foster "failures". By which I mean I was supposed to foster than take them back. That didn't really work out well. 

Nova and Juanita are much cuter in pictures than they are in real life. Juanita pees on everything if I try to foster any other cats (including me), and Nova is just cranky. There my babies though.  

stillshimpy, great PetSmart story -- and sometimes people do rock!  Oscar must have some tales to tell; hopefully he'll forget them quickly with your loving care. And it looks like you're following the rule: Large dog, tiny car; tiny dog, huge SUV.  I always see Great Dane-size dogs in VW beetles and those little Fiats and stuff, and every other SUV driver I see has a fluffy little dog in their lap/looking out the driver side window (I don't condone the seating arrangement, it's a huge pet peeve for me; just observing it.)

KnoxForPres, you are welcome to use Clyde whenever - if my Clyde is any indication, the critter will turn out great.  Actually, he was named for Walt Frazier, seeing as he's a tuxedo and therefore always dressed to the nines.  But it's a good name to yell out and play with and stuff.  (Like, the song that goes "And you and I collide" can become "And you and I... Clyde.")   

And I love the Merlin to Pickles transformation -- too funny - and your sign. It's so true. 

callie lee, Sorry I got your kitties' names mixed up.  But they're all beauties!  (A rose by any other name, after all.) 

Edited because cars are not dogs. 

Edited by harrie
  • Love 2

Heh, you know, fairly close to tiny, harrie, my husband drives the big SUV and Pud used to look sort of lost in there.  I drive an Infiniti Qx50.  It's essentially just a four-door hatchback.  Once you get Oscar in the back, its pretty much at capacity :-)  

By the way, I was taking him to be microchipped.  For some reason the rescue group that pulled him for me got their wires crossed and didn't chip him when he was neutered.  So that was what the tearing hurry was in trying to get him to a vet, any vet that could chip him on the day after Christmas.  The type of car is only kind of important in that the only way to get Oscar to jump in was to clamber into the back too,  holding onto his leash (for dear life) and then get him to get in.  

I'm sure it ended up looking like some candid camera stunt with all the flailing to get back out and get the door closed while trying to keep the dog inside.  When the customers asked me if I needed help it may have been because I looked like I was having some dire and specific form of seizure and my therapy dog was kindly giving me full body compressions. 

But yeah, those needles used for microchipping are thicker than normal ones so they smart.  So by the time I was performing my clown car act complete with circus animal, Oscar had concluded that I might, in fact, sort of suck.  He has since forgiven me.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 3

Lucy and Swiffer survived another annual exam and shots. I'm always amused by how things turn around on vet day. The cat carrier I had to wrestle them into becomes the one spot they want to be once the vet is in the room. Lucy is my shy girl at home, but she growls at the vet (no biting or fighting - just growls of displeasure). Swiffer is my outgoing girl, but she whimpers, cries and tries to hide from the vet (I unzip my coat and let her stick her head inside).

I have a soft carrier big enough for both, but Swiffer always ends up on top of Lucy. Or so I thought. After their exams, I put Swiffer in first, then Lucy. Lucy promptly crawled underneath Swiffer. LOL, OK, then. They're sleeping off their big adventure now.

They've lost a bit of weight, but not much. Swiffer is 8 lbs, 7 oz and Lucy is 10 lbs, 7 oz.

• Love 2

Do any of you have funny stories about your pets eating things they shouldn't?  My boss's dog had to have emergency surgery after swallowing a tennis ball (the dog is okay, the boss is a bit sore after getting the huge bill).

I've heard anecdotal reports of cats wandering around with Christmas tree icicles hanging out of their ass. And my SIL's dog, a Golden, eats everything, including sticks, cloth toys, and even corn stalks from a nearby field, but she seems to have a cast-iron stomach. Whatever she doesn't digest is pooped out. She also likes to chew on rocks, but she always spits them out.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 2

My SIL's golden-lab mix takes the tomatoes off their plants.  She'll carry it around in her mouth for hours before eventually eating it.  She's taught the other dogs in the household to do the same so my brother keeps trying to make dog proof cages, but to no avail.

Last spring she (the pooch) started to do the same thing with their peppers.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 2

I've heard anecdotal reports of cats wandering around with Christmas tree icicles hanging out of their ass. And my SIL's dog, a Golden, eats everything, including sticks, cloth toys, and even corn stalks from a nearby field, but she seems to have a cast-iron stomach. Whatever she doesn't digest is pooped out. She also likes to chew on rocks, but she always spits them out.

Those cats are lucky.  Vets recommend not using tinsel in cat households because 1) it's shiny and fluttery and so very attractive to cats; and 2) it can cause a blockage or tangle up in their digestive systems (which I guess is ultimately a blockage also) when ingested.  Cats are good at hiding it when they feel poorly, so a lot of them don't get treated in time.  A co-worker lost a cat who fished (used) dental floss out of the waste basket and ate it. 

A past dog of ours raided the garbage and ate the skin and bones from 5 pounds of chicken parts, but that's not quite as exciting as a rock or utensil or anything. The bones passed through just fine, but she spent a week in the hospital with pancreatitis; it was a very worrisome and expensive week. 

If you search "dog X-rays stomach" you'll find some interesting, possibly disturbing, pictures. 

c709e25e-4419-4dd0-86ce-53df2a4ab868_zps          14bc117f-a82d-4673-82c8-83682561136a_zps

Edited by harrie

My SIL's golden-lab mix takes the tomatoes off their plants.  She'll carry it around in her mouth for hours before eventually eating it.  She's taught the other dogs in the household to do the same so my brother keeps trying to make dog proof cages, but to no avail.

Last spring she (the pooch) started to do the same thing with their peppers.

So the dogs are doing salsa, California-style (as in mixing drinks in your mouth).  Or did I just age myself with an '80s-ish reference?  That's too funny, though. 

• Love 2

When I was a kid there was a few years we were convinced neighborhood kids were stealing our pumpkins.

Turns out it was our Springer escaping under the fence, stealing them and then eating them out back in the woods.

This same dog also ate a dozen ears of corn one time and another time 11 stale donuts. He did leave one donut, so he did have standards.....

• Love 3

Those cats are lucky.  Vets recommend not using tinsel in cat households because 1) it's shiny and fluttery and so very attractive to cats; and 2) it can cause a blockage or tangle up in their digestive systems (which I guess is ultimately a blockage also) when ingested.  Cats are good at hiding it when they feel poorly, so a lot of them don't get treated in time.  A co-worker lost a cat who fished (used) dental floss out of the waste basket and ate it. 

Yes. I try hard to cat-proof my place. The only icicles on my Christmas tree are the Victorian tinsel or selenite icicles. My only ornaments are wood, cloth or metal. And I always drop my used floss into the toilet and flush it. I also immediately toss styrofoam peanuts, take used Q-tips to my kitchen trash can, which has a lid on it, and don't let them play with twist ties.

Oh, I didn't mean to be the tinsel police or anything.  And when I heard the dental floss story from my co-worker, I was like WTF??? Now I go nutty pushing dental floss way down in our bathroom garbage.  Maybe we'll start flushing it - that's a great idea. Clyde Cat has a Styrofoam peanut jones, so yeah - we make sure not to spill any, get them out of the house ASAP, etc.  

• Love 1

No, no, I didn't mean you were the tinsel police. I was agreeing with you and sharing all my OCD ways of trying to cat-proof the place. I also cut the handles of Wal-Mart bags before letting Lucy play with them, because years ago a previous cat (Shu-Shu, RIP) scared herself silly when she managed to get the handle over her head and suddenly had this crackling cape "chasing" her. Although, I have to admit, I was laughing my ass off while trying to catch her and get it off.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 2

AH14QRO.jpg

Tai on a hike last year.  She has arthritis now and can't walk for as long as we used to, though she still loves to go outside.  She is pretty awesome, loves to travel in the car, loves people, loves chasing & destroying toys.  She was what they called a "mill momma" and has come a long way (breed rescue), though she still has some neuroses.  She is the absolute best!!

Edited by raven
  • Love 11

LOL, Tai tired to eat her blanket and sometimes toys.  She had to have several teeth removed and doesn't do that anymore, though she still likes to chew with what she has left.  (Teeth removal because they weren't taken care of in the mill, not because she likes to chew.)

Harrie, she is a cairn terrier; hard to tell since her ears aren't standing up in that pic.

Edited by raven
  • Love 1

My cat as a kitten: 1

My cat as an adult:   1 2 3

He was found abandoned on the side of the road. He doesn't act very much like a stereotypical cat--he's very attached to me and follows me around everywhere. I've never had a cat that behaved quite like him before.

• Love 9

Hidebehind, he is stunning.  And kudos to you for taking in someone who had a rough start.  I hope you and kitty enjoy a long and happy lifetime.  We had a gray - he was the same color as yours, but short-haired - and he was a lover, too.  I'd always had dogs, and he was my first cat, so I thought he just broke me in gently.

stillshimpy, that coat color thing is interesting.  I've heard about it with horses, too.  Chestnuts are supposedly hot-blooded, blacks a little hyper, bays and grays pretty calm and steady.  I've only met one black horse, and he was pretty antsy; but I've met plenty of low-key chestnuts and kind of crazy bays. 

We were at the vet's yesterday talking about getting an additional cat, and she warned to not get a tortie or calico, which I found funny/strange coming from someone who must treat a lot of different cats and maybe run across exceptions to the rule. (We had a tortie, and she was indeed wicked through and through, but we still loved her.  Still, never again - or at least for a while.)

My gray cat story:  My father and I had a horrible relationship, lots of anger between us. My parents were in the area and came to dinner one night, and you could feel the tension in the room.  My dad was sitting on the couch sort of trying to set me off; and our gray cat, Fred, walked up to my father, jumped on his knee and then sprung to the windowsill behind him - our apartment was in a converted factory with tall windows and wide sills - thumping my dad's shoulder hard with his back feet in the process. He then sat behind my dad, staring at him and thumping his tail.  Fred had my back! He was the best cat ever (and he shocked my father into silence for  minute or two, which is almost unheard of); and even though we've had wonderful, fun, loving cats since Fred left us, he'll always be The Best.  Paws down.

• Love 6

That's an interesting story about your cat, harrie.  My departed Gray Cat (very long story, but he never really had a name....they wouldn't stick to him...it always felt wrong to call him by any name other than Bigness or Villain ) did something very similar to my mother -- who I also have a less than stellar relationship with -- only it was far more overt.  I genuinely thought he was going to attack her. 

He didn't, but he'd sit there and yowl at her in a really frightening manner and only stop when I told him to cut it out.  Honestly though, as he got older, he was more and more likely to be that way with anyone who wasn't me, my son or my husband, just less pronounced.  Towards the very end of his life, Pud would be trying to play with him and he'd sit and really try to swat her as she ran circles around him.  However, he was a great cat and a true personality.  I doubt I will ever have another cat after him and it's partially because he was so cool ...and then partly because he could be such a jackass too.  If you weren't paying attention to him when he wanted you to, he'd go and start chewing on something very noisy, or sit in front of the TV you were trying to watch.  Failing that, he'd chew on electrical cords and watch as you freaked out, trying to get him to stop.  

He was super cool for 13 of his 15 years and then sort of slid into mean-old-codger territory in his the last 18 months of his life.  

He was an interesting cat though.  One time of my son's friends walked into the room, saw the cat and said, "Oh! Kitty!"  and proceeded to scoop him up and hold him....which up until that point only I could really get away with (he had all his claws) and my husband, son and I stared in true mortal horror, awaiting the bloodshed while calmly saying, "Joe, he doesn't like to be held...."  

The weirdest thing was, he didn't hurt Joe even a little bit, just stared at me as if to say, "I hope you appreciate the restraint I am showing in deference to avoiding a lawsuit of epic proportions.  Do have the humanoid release me post haste, mother."  

But he loved me dearly and frankly was a better guard dog than any of the dogs we've ever had.  It was both good and bad, really, in that it was impressive to see how fearless that 14 pound cat was, but it was bad in that there were times like that, when I thought we'd be paying to regraft Joe's entire face back onto his body.  

He was a kitten when I was dating my husband and that cat would take a running start and leap on my (now) husband's back in the shape of an X and stick to him like my husband was made of velcro.  It was like he was trying fell him like an antelope.  The cat eventually accepted my husband, but spent to the first six months (at least) trying to figure out how to kill him.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 6

Bless our gray (and not-gray) cats, gotta love 'em!  And our dogs and all our pets/friends while we're at it.

Hidebehind, I love the lighting and composition in your pictures.  Are you a professional photographer or a gifted hobbyist? 

Edited by harrie

Oh, he's gorgeous, Hidebehind! What's his name? That plume of a tail! The self-possession evident even as a kitten... It's almost as if you're not looking at an animal, but another person. My Swiffer has that in spades and it's the reason I had to have her. I adore Lucy and she adores me, but there isn't that spark of sapient intelligence looking back at me. But that might be because she's endearingly near-sighted...

As far as color = personality, I believe it, even though it's anecdotal. I've had torties, and they can be rather stubborn and feisty - Tortie-tude, I call it. The calicos that I've had were either ditzy and/or troublemakers. The greys that I've had were, to a cat, chickenshits. Sorry, Hidebehind! Gingers, especially ginger boys, are laid-back and very friendly, they're amazingly tolerant of little kids. I prefer black cats and think they're smart, but that doesn't translate into obedience! Usually the opposite, but I love the little buggers anyway.

• Love 1

His name is Mystic, but I call him Misti-poo (and Mystic-kitty, and Mistletoe, and Mist...)

My mom has a calico who fits your description--very prissy and starts trouble with the other cats, lol. Every black or tuxedo cat I've owned has been an angel. It's a shame that a lot of people associate them with bad luck. I've heard that a lot of people adopt black cats around Halloween and then return them to shelters the following week. :(

Some of the shelters around here won't let you adopt a black cat in October, because they're afraid of what some idiots might do to them. :(  Interestingly, though, I adopted Swiffer in October, but I apparently gave all the right answers. I didn't even realize the questions weren't just idle chit-chat. A coworker grumped to me that the shelter I got Swiffer from had put her on a "don't ever let this person adopt here" list. But then she tells me all the answers she gave to the questions, and I wouldn't have let her ever have an animal, either. 

Have you ever had an animal die before? How long ago? Why did they die? Her responses were "yes", "yesterday" and "I tripped over it and dropped a full cub tote on it" and volunteered that she was trying to find a kitten that looked enough like the dead one so the kids wouldn't figure out the animal was dead and not just missing for a day. *headdesk* And then she volunteered that a previous kitten had gone outside and they'd decided it wanted to play and would come back when it felt like it - instead, it was run over by a car within the hour... She's telling this story in the report room and suddenly looks up and realizes we're all staring at her in horror. "Oh, c'mon! it's not that bad, is it?" And we're all kind of nodding our heads... Yikes.

• Love 1
"Oh, c'mon! it's not that bad, is it?" And we're all kind of nodding our heads... Yikes.

"No. No.  No. Not that bad. It'smuchfuckingworse!GAH! *outloud* 'So...you don't really want another pet anyway, we should get you a hobby.  Like Rock farming.  Yup." 

• Love 3

The self-possession evident even as a kitten... It's almost as if you're not looking at an animal, but another person.

OK, this is what I was trying to figure out how to express.  And your photography skills are very nice!

The cat eventually accepted my husband, but spent to the first six months (at least) trying to figure out how to kill him.

This is the book my nephew got my daughter because my Mom's cat uses her as her favorite stalking victim.  The cat has literally lain in wait outside the bathroom where my daughter was taking a bath in order to spring a surprise attack on her prey of choice.

41rTpVR95mL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Love 3

Maizie isn't showing up for me, Maizie.  I'm sure she's super cute and I'm willing to take your word for it, but I'm just getting one of those tiny, sad "this is where the image would be, instead this looks a little bit like a photo pasted onto a white piece of paper, with one corner turned down" thing.  

Edited by stillshimpy

Maizie isn't showing up for me, Maizie.  I'm sure she's super cute and I'm willing to take your word for it, but I'm just getting one of those tiny, sad "this is where the image would be, instead this looks a little bit like a photo pasted onto a white piece of paper, with one corner turned down" thing.  

Stillshimpy - I tried for over an hour to get her photo to show up.  Try right-clicking that little icon & see if you can pull it up that way.  I'm sorry...not real tech savvy!  I just LOVE this website!

Maizie131, she is a cutie - the right-click, open in new tab thing worked for me.  I kind of get the vibe of "Okay, now put down the camera and throw this ball, please" -- polite but determined. 

• Love 1

You're welcome, it was my pleasure :-)  She's a gorgeous dog and she looks very happy :-)  

By the way, I think what you may have been doing was clicking the insert image icon above, then adding the img code and you just needed to copy and directly paste the BB img code into the text box.   

I saved the image to my computer and uploaded it again, just to be able to figure out what was going wrong, but that was probably it :-)  Save you an hour next time.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 2

My cat as a kitten: 1

My cat as an adult:   1 2 3

He was found abandoned on the side of the road. He doesn't act very much like a stereotypical cat--he's very attached to me and follows me around everywhere. I've never had a cat that behaved quite like him before.

He's lovely.

My 2 cats are Orientals and they 2 follow me around everywhere. They greet me when I come home as soon as they hear me coming down the steps they are at the window and then move to the door by the time I get in.

• Love 3

CJuEfU7.jpg

These were my Airedales, Killian (head out the window) and Kasey (driving).  This pic is from 10 years ago, and both of them, sadly, have "crossed over the Rainbow Bridge", but they were the loves of my life.  Now Maizie is.  I cannot imagine life without a dog.  As I say to my Granddaughters -- after all, what is DOG spelled backwards?

• Love 4

You're welcome, it was my pleasure :-)  She's a gorgeous dog and she looks very happy :-)  

By the way, I think what you may have been doing was clicking the insert image icon above, then adding the img code and you just needed to copy and directly paste the BB img code into the text box.   

I saved the image to my computer and uploaded it again, just to be able to figure out what was going wrong, but that was probably it :-)  Save you an hour next time.  

Stillshimpy - yep - she is one happy dog, and extremely spoiled.  All she wants is to have us throw a ball & run like hell to catch it in her mouth before it hits the ground, and 99% of the time she does.  She's a "velcro" dog, too -- never more than a foot away from us, and sometimes sitting ON us.  We had Airedales for years (see pic above -- thanks you YOU telling me how to post it!), and now that we're in our "autumn years," we wanted a smaller dog.  Maizie fits the bill perfectly - she's about 37 lbs.  (compared to the Airedales and Golden we had who were 60-70 lbs.).  The icing on the cake is she doesn't shed ONE SINGLE HAIR!!!  Loved our Golden, Lady, to pieces, but OMG the shedding (even tho we brushed her EVERY day!!) 

• Love 2

Between the Subaru sales blitz and the dog show on TV, I've seen tons of the Subaru commercials with dogs at the wheel (and I never get tired of them!) - and that's what your Airedales remind me of, Maizie131.   They are beautiful.

• Love 1

Between the Subaru sales blitz and the dog show on TV, I've seen tons of the Subaru commercials with dogs at the wheel (and I never get tired of them!) - and that's what your Airedales remind me of, Maizie131.   They are beautiful.

Thank you so much, harrie!!  Yep - I've seen those Subaru commercials, too!

I got nothing except I love all these happy pet pix!  OK here is another one of Tai, this is at our favorite park. She loves to meet people (and this is a good place, lots of dog friendly people) and she couldn't understand why Buddha wouldn't pet her.  No disrespect, she just looked so cute....

aVDkS2j.jpg

• Love 9