Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cranberry

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

Recommended Posts


On 10/9/2020 at 1:46 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I hate people.

Welcome to my world.  

I am so sorry that you had to give up your dog. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Is anyone here a horse person?  While I don’t live in the country there is pasture area behind the house and a horse is there (appeared?  I guess horse owners know these things). 
 

He/she is wonderful and grazes nearly all day. It does have a barn if it needs shelter. Do horses get lonely?  I talk to it everyday and it’s like it listens and likes it.  I am actually somewhat scared of horses and their size but it’s such a gentle giant. Knox even likes it. Beautiful and brown. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I am a horse person. Yes, they can get lonely. They are herd animals. However, they also do do well with other kinds of animals. I’ve seen them be friends with dogs, goats, a turkey (that was a funny coupling), alpacas and pigs. You could try and find the owner and see if it is ok for you to give it a carrot or apple daily. Then you could be it’s friend. 

Edited by Mindthinkr · Reason: Grammar
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Jake is very handsome.

This is my blue merle girl, Sushka.

Sushka.JPG

Edited by Suzn
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

E5C5408C-0746-440C-B917-AFEF2380E581.jpeg.63b47efa91e92e850aa13ef9fbd0897a.jpeg

Mom got this portrait of me (Squeaky) from a friend. Mom wants to know why I couldn’t be bothered to smile for the camera. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

8 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Jake and Sushka are both beautiful! Squeaky is also gorgeous, but slightly disapproving in that picture.

As only a cat can be!

Sushka thanks you!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Some may remember Reba in the first picture.

Reba today, in the second picture:

 

A1459907-9F15-4FC8-B8AF-54388A29F885.jpeg

12FA57F3-AAE3-4F5D-85CE-7EF0998E56E0.jpeg

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

As, she still has an adorable kitten face! She looks like a cuddler, is she?

Yes she is! 😁 Even with dogs! This isn’t the best example I have, but you get the idea.

0598BB55-8203-41FE-B0A3-C3D1D7A426A1.jpeg

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yes she is! 😁 Even with dogs! This isn’t the best example I have, but you get the idea.

0598BB55-8203-41FE-B0A3-C3D1D7A426A1.jpeg

Well, that's just precious <,3 :). 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Sushka is a sweetheart, @Suzn!

Thanks!  She's every bit as sweet as she looks.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Some may remember Reba in the first picture.

Reba today, in the second picture:

 

A1459907-9F15-4FC8-B8AF-54388A29F885.jpeg

12FA57F3-AAE3-4F5D-85CE-7EF0998E56E0.jpeg

I love that face!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/18/2020 at 2:22 PM, isalicat said:

Welluh, my torti kittie, Kali, was HIV positive and lived to 23 years of age. FIV (or the cat equivalent of Aids) is not at all a death sentence and cats that have it are generally non-symptomatic and don't need any treatment at all. When I went to be adopted by my current cat, all the cats at the local Humane Society were FIV positive so I did not take any of them home because I wanted a cat that could definitely go outside (we have a cat door built into our house and a very high walled back garden so its a super safe environment for a cat to lounge in the sunshine) - cats that are FIV positive can communicate the disease by biting another cat, so generally you want to either keep them in or make sure they are not going to encounter unfamiliar cats. My Kali lived with three other cats for her whole life and never gave any of them the disease and we had to let her go over the Rainbow Bridge because her kidneys finally gave out.

I always though cats with FIV that are born with it were fine but a adult who contracted it was fatal.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/4/2020 at 9:24 PM, Gramto6 said:

Oh thank you! I'll try that. Poor guy moves both his back legs together, like a limp. If he'd let me touch him, I'd take him to the vet but that isn't going to happen.

I take it he is not fixed just by looking at his round face. You can get him fixed and maybe some of the pills that someone mentioned for arthritis.. just a thought 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

@Suzn Oh Reba is too cute for words. She has wonderful tabby markings and I especially like the two black lines over her eye that almost shape a V or W. Kittens are so entertaining and I love it that she gets along with your dog. Keep those photos coming 😊

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

@Suzn Oh Reba is too cute for words. She has wonderful tabby markings and I especially like the two black lines over her eye that almost shape a V or W. Kittens are so entertaining and I love it that she gets along with your dog. Keep those photos coming 😊

Reba is not my kitty, but I agree about her wonderful markings.  Just beautiful!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I take it he is not fixed just by looking at his round face. You can get him fixed and maybe some of the pills that someone mentioned for arthritis.. just a thought 🙂

I doubt he is fixed. He used to torment my late Baby Boo so he has to be at least 10yrs old. I have been feeding him since Feb but have never been able to touch him or get close to him. If I could get him to the vet I would in a heartbeat. But I think if I tried to catch him, I would be shredded. I'll get the supplement and put it on his food...hope it helps him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I doubt he is fixed. He used to torment my late Baby Boo so he has to be at least 10yrs old. I have been feeding him since Feb but have never been able to touch him or get close to him. If I could get him to the vet I would in a heartbeat. But I think if I tried to catch him, I would be shredded. I'll get the supplement and put it on his food...hope it helps him.

You can probably find a trap and release program that will lend you a trap, fix him for free (if needed) and treat if he has an illness.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, bosawks said:

Is there something on my head?

5C12A425-C6E6-4C90-A6A5-551A154A26C0.jpeg

Alli to Harper: Being in Bosawks’ photo shoots is sometimes weird, but din-din always makes it worth it. 🐶🥘

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/18/2020 at 12:33 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I am a horse person. Yes, they can get lonely. They are herd animals. However, they also do do well with other kinds of animals. I’ve seen them be friends with dogs, goats, a turkey (that was a funny coupling), alpacas and pigs. You could try and find the owner and see if it is ok for you to give it a carrot or apple daily. Then you could be it’s friend. 

Good to know and thank you. Carrots and apples qre bought!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

Good to know and thank you. Carrots and apples qre bought!

Lucky horse! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Happy Early Halloween from BB 🎃 It is also my 17th Birthday 

628AAD27-37DA-49CF-BE13-CEB7E35BB9AD.thumb.jpeg.492b96c513d66cb454c58615165b98a6.jpeg

 

Happy Halloween from Squeaky. It’s also my 17th Birthday 

0F5D36C5-1123-4825-8364-C273A1359B5E.jpeg.ef4066a180d5783e4ed510432e746d29.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Happy Early Halloween from BB 🎃 It is also my 17th Birthday 

628AAD27-37DA-49CF-BE13-CEB7E35BB9AD.thumb.jpeg.492b96c513d66cb454c58615165b98a6.jpeg

 

Happy Halloween from Squeaky. It’s also my 17th Birthday 

0F5D36C5-1123-4825-8364-C273A1359B5E.jpeg.ef4066a180d5783e4ed510432e746d29.jpeg

I’m going to assume those were photoshopped, but if not, I hope all your scratches heal up quickly. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, SoMuchTV said:

I’m going to assume those were photoshopped, but if not, I hope all your scratches heal up quickly. 

Yes, my friends photoshopped these for me. Also it’s the cats 17th Birthday. Not mine, I have many decades on them 😹

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yes, my friends photoshopped these for me. Also it’s the cats 17th Birthday. Not mine, I have many decades on them 😹

I figured as much. I’m a little jealous. I’ve had many cats over the years, and even though I feel like I’m doing things right (indoors, decent food, vet visits), none of them have made it that long. Genes, maybe?

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

50 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I figured as much. I’m a little jealous. I’ve had many cats over the years, and even though I feel like I’m doing things right (indoors, decent food, vet visits), none of them have made it that long. Genes, maybe?

I attribute it to good food and a vets visit every year. All but one of my cats (I’ve had many) have lived over 20 years. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Crafts with Elsie:

C8C91A4B-4120-4166-8A60-D8A745A8DC5E.jpeg

Did she also make hand turkeys to post on the refrigerator?

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

The house lions are pleased with their new blanket. For those who have previously read the cat-cats saga, he's the Snuggleupapuss the on the right (dark orange)

image.thumb.png.deabaad396ce67013b7d435f706d3545.png

We're disinterested in your photoshoot, hooman

image.png.ab3541227f4c45920ad8732e2be0c1db.png

Edited by theredhead77
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Happy Early Halloween from BB 🎃 It is also my 17th Birthday 

628AAD27-37DA-49CF-BE13-CEB7E35BB9AD.thumb.jpeg.492b96c513d66cb454c58615165b98a6.jpeg

 

Happy Halloween from Squeaky. It’s also my 17th Birthday 

0F5D36C5-1123-4825-8364-C273A1359B5E.jpeg.ef4066a180d5783e4ed510432e746d29.jpeg

That is utterly terrifying. No, not the vampire picture. Happy Birthday!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, supposebly said:

That is utterly terrifying. No, not the vampire picture. Happy Birthday!

The nun outfit? Someone on another SM site said that it gave them flashbacks of Catholic School and not in a good way. 
 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

One of the reasons I don’t like changing the clocks in the fall is the being stared at by cats who don’t care what the clock says, it was dinnertime an hour ago.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, I have a very talkative dog who let me know she was not happy about dinner being "late" tonight. It's going to be a long few days till she gets used to this. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

One of my cats has been trying to get me to come to bed since about 6pm. She wants her before bed treats, and keeps going upstairs, then coming back down a few minutes later when it becomes clear I’m not following her. Much like me, she is a creature of habit.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Even my feral cats that I feed were upset with the disruption in their daily feeding schedule...I so hate these time changes! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/30/2020 at 5:25 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I attribute it to good food and a vets visit every year. All but one of my cats (I’ve had many) have lived over 20 years. 

I've provided the same care, and my oldest was 19 at death, most were around 16, a couple were 13, and two were only around nine.  While I prefer to adopt adults, kittens have dropped into my life, yet there's not remotely a guarantee of a better outcome if I'm the one providing their care almost all their lives - I got the one who lived to 19 at approximately one year, but also got one of those who died at 13 at about six months and the other one at just a couple of months.  Just like with people, a pet's diet and medical care increases the odds, but one can't control for genetics and/or chance.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

A certain House Panther expected breakfast at 6 am Sunday instead of 7.  I broke down and fed her at 6:30.

Edited by smittykins
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size