Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cranberry

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

7 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night. I forgot how active young cats are at night! Parker crawled right into bed and at various times was curled up next to me under the covers, curled up around my shoulder/neck with her face on my face, or waking me up to pet her. Sophie was jumping on and off the bed most of the night and so far only sleeps in short bursts. I think she’s still keyed up from all al of the changes, and will probably calm down a bit. Both purr loudly, snore, and love to make biscuits. Parker also loves to groom Sophie, who doesn’t seem to mind. Right now both are in the same cat bed (even though there are 4 cat beds) and Parker is all over Sophie. 

1ADBA583-289A-4104-AA4A-B6E5F181C18B.jpeg

SO SWEET!!

Also...what is this "sleep" of which you speak? I haven't slept properly in the 3 years we have had Chelsea. Granted...it is not entirely her fault. We were just getting her to the point where she would wait until 6:00 before waking us. Then, Hubby got a job that he has to be out of bed at 3:00 am three days a week. This is her natural wake up time, so...  😞 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

@MargeGunderson, Leverage was such a good show and Parker is an especially good name for a cat, especially if she's a climber and jumper.

• Like 5

12DC1105-2B47-46A9-B36B-22C40F33AC7C.thumb.jpeg.e2f68c7e708638497d3ab311d2bdfc29.jpeg

My cat and I had a discussion today about this self quarantine that I have placed myself on. Due to previous health issues I’m high risk should I contract it. You would think that they would be happy to have more playtime, treats and interaction, but no....

Edited by Mindthinkr · Reason: Commas are important.
  • Like 7

I just had a similar conversation with Riley - also an indoor-only cat - but about two solid days of rain; she's running around with a wicked case of cabin fever, like if it was dry outside she'd be out there. 

• Like 5

We've had 24 hours of rain and we're scheduled for at least 8 more days of it. My dog Boo is already going stir crazy and getting herself in trouble. If my company starts remote work next week we'll probably both be nuts in a short amount of time. 

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Socially isolating ourselves outside!

65C092ED-D6A2-49FE-B47D-B0D3FCED7974.jpeg

Edited by bosawks
  • Like 21

My Ralphie-if he could talk he’d be saying: “Did I tell you that you could stop rubbing my belly?” I ❤️ him so much!

7D8988D1-79FE-41B1-99D2-6C02EA99A025.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Laugh 4

On 3/13/2020 at 9:31 PM, emma675 said:

We've had 24 hours of rain and we're scheduled for at least 8 more days of it. My dog Boo is already going stir crazy and getting herself in trouble. If my company starts remote work next week we'll probably both be nuts in a short amount of time. 

Did you name your dog after that old Lobo song, Me and You and a Dog Named Boo

On 3/14/2020 at 3:13 PM, bosawks said:

Socially isolating ourselves outside!

A very cute dog.

On 3/14/2020 at 6:22 PM, ginger90 said:

Zazzles could care less about anything, at the moment.

Is he named after one of Sheldon's cats on TBBT?

On 3/14/2020 at 8:13 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

My Ralphie-if he could talk he’d be saying: “Did I tell you that you could stop rubbing my belly?” I ❤️ him so much!

Another cute dog.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Golden's pretty much have the market cornered on the "Engaged but confused" look. 

I gave Norman the old, "I'm coming to get you!" "No I'm not." "I'm coming to get you!!!!" "No I'm not." game this morning, and he reacted exactly as one would expect.

He was face down on the couch, giving me the "If I just stay here like this, he might not make me go in the crate." So I started walking slowly towards him hands stretched out like I was a zombie.  His tail wagged a little. I stopped, and backed up hands at my side. Wagging stopped. I did it again, getting a little closer. More wagging. I stopped and backed up again. Wagging stopped. I started again but did three very quick steps before stopping and backing up. VIGOROUS wagging, and then he couldn't take it anymore and jumped off the couch and ran to me.  Heh. Silly dog. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 5

17 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Just the laugh I needed!  Poor bamboozled doggies.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

53 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Day 2 of kids home from school and I got this photo from my daughter hanging with the puppy:

B10FB0DD-873D-4161-B87E-4573AEA18E17.jpeg

Now that is a happy dog if ever I've seen one :D. One upside to being stuck inside-more time with our pets. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Animal shelters are being overwhelmed with abandoned pets, and we're moving into kitten season. Please donate to your local place if you can. Mine has set up a wish list on Amazon and also takes donations with Paypal. Also, IHeartCats is doubling food donations if you buy from their shop.

• Like 6

Heh. Luna is actually perfectly okay with this. The girl child sleeps half the day, providing a warm bed. And with the adult hanging around the kitchen area, demands for additional cat snacks will be made. 

1BEE7F1B-A309-46C3-9749-DBA28E8E4A1D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

I work from home, and my parents are retired, so in both households the cats are used to having someone home more often than not.  Now having someone home almost 24/7 has all three of them in nirvana - they are definitely not dismayed by the change in their routine, because their routine is to demand someone provide a lap immediately should they wake up and realize they are sleeping somewhere other than on a human.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

My mom's workplace has been talking about having people work from home for the time being, so if that does happen starting next week, I know one of our cats is going to be VERY happy about that. Lily is very attached to my mom and always looks all sad and meows at her when she's getting ready to leave in the morning, and she's right by the door waiting for her when she comes home.

So to have her home all day, every day? She'll definitely like that ;D. Course, that might make it harder for my mom to actually get any work done, 'cause Lily will keep wanting to snuggle with her and sit in her lap and everything :p. 

• Like 3

I've worked from home for about 10 or 11 years now.  One day I waiting on a conference call to start and Shlomo sneezed 3 times in a quick row.  So, I say to him in the voice you only use with your cats "oh my goodness!  Did something get up your nose?  You got a sneezy don't you.   Yes, you do, you got a sneezy" and just carrying on because he loved that kind of interaction.

Suddenly one of my coworkers said "(Tift), you know we can hear you right?".  In my babbling I had missed the beep that indicated the host came on and started the call.

Everyone else just started laughing and one said, "I had no idea that was you!"

Not a side of me people at work are normally exposed to!  They were used to me being stern and businesslike, not the complete mush I was when it came to my cats.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Parker and Sophie have both me and Mr Gunderson home all day, and they are in kitty heaven. They are not going to like it when we have to go back to work. Several of my coworkers have met Parker, who loves to jump on the desk when I’m on calls and offer her suggestions. 

• Like 5

I'm not convinced Girl Cat is thrilled to have me home all the time. She has pooped* over the side of the box 2 nights in a row.

*Haaaate that word but defecated is too pompous and shat is too vulgar.

• Laugh 8

3 minutes ago, ABay said:

I'm not convinced Girl Cat is thrilled to have me home all the time. She has pooped* over the side of the box 2 nights in a row.

*Haaaate that word but defecated is too pompous and shat is too vulgar.

Dropped a deuce?

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Okay, technically the little Junco bird is not a pet.  In any case, I open up the curtain this morning and look out the window and that little bird is tugging on one of the petals on one of my purple crocuses.  I don't know what he or she was going to do with it.  

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 3

Quite possibly, eat it.  I've seen a variety of birds eat the blooms of redbud trees and also red hot poker flowers.  It is also possible that there are tiny insects deep in the blossom and the junco can only get to them by denuding the flower.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

34 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Ever feel like you’re being watched.....

4B3BC0FA-62A1-4647-98F9-2C3E34A77B84.jpeg

YES!!  One of my many favorite things about living with a dog.  They are so intent on us.  They hang on every word we say, like we are the smartest people in the world.  Love love love my Cowboy Cody.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, AnnaCody said:

They hang on every word we say, like we are the smartest people in the world.  .

I feel like my cat Nadji hangs on every word I say like I was the most loveable, but dumbest, person in the world.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

16 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Quite possibly, eat it.  I've seen a variety of birds eat the blooms of redbud trees and also red hot poker flowers.  It is also possible that there are tiny insects deep in the blossom and the junco can only get to them by denuding the flower.

It is mating season, maybe he needed the petal for a date?  Trying to impress the ladies.

I do have a bunch of horny cardinals that have been getting it on in a bush in my backyard.  At least they have enough discretion to do it there.

• Laugh 5

It's Jake's Bark Day! He's two years old today! We'll have cake and presents this afternoon.

JM_2020_01_01_Jake_the_Aussie_001-L.jpg

• Like 24

6 hours ago, Moose135 said:

It's Jake's Bark Day! He's two years old today! We'll have cake and presents this afternoon.

JM_2020_01_01_Jake_the_Aussie_001-L.jpg

Ah, 🎼 Happy Birthday Jake 🎶!!  May you have many many more.  Ask Mom/Dad to post some pictures of your party!!

15 hours ago, ratgirlagogo said:

I feel like my cat Nadji hangs on every word I say like I was the most loveable, but dumbest, person in the world.

Hahaha, well, cats do like to be supreme!! 

• Like 6

My complex has a dog run, and since no one was around, we took Jake out to run around a bit.

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_003-X2.jpg

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_001-X2.jpg

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_016-X2.jpg

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_017-X2.jpg

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_004-X2.jpg

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_019-X2.jpg

• Like 22

15 hours ago, Moose135 said:

We had a party for Jake this afternoon - we got a cake for him, and a couple of new toys.

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_015-X2.jpg

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_013-X2.jpg

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_009-X2.jpg

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_012-X2.jpg

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_006-X2.jpg

OH Jake, you are one blessed puppy.  Thanks so much for posting these pictures!!  You are a clever dog 🤣  Handsome AND smart!! 

• Like 2

Happy National Puppy Day from my overgrown puppy to yours!

498F1831-317C-4087-9B0B-7AD417AE1659.jpeg

• Like 21

A year ago today, this big lovable mush came into our lives and stole our hearts. He really needed a new home, and just a month after losing Denali, we needed him too. Happy Gotcha Day, Jake!

JM_2019_03_25_Jake_the_Aussie_003-XL.jpg

JM_2019_03_30_Jake_the_Aussie_001-XL.jpg

JM_2019_06_26_Jake_the_Aussie_001-XL.jpg

JM_2016_10_16_Jake_the_Aussie_005-XL.jpg

JM_2020_03_22_Jake_the_Aussie_019-XL.jpg

• Like 23

The girls are not practicing social distancing.

They are lovey-dovey with each other 95% of the time. This is the other 5%. Little Mama's face cracks me up!

IMG_20200324_220450_copy_1008x756.thumb.jpg.40898002309d47b3ca440246dc534971.jpg

• Like 14
  • Laugh 4

I feel compelled to foster an animal right now given my at home status. My only caveat- Knox the Dog. 

She’s 9 now and foster would come from shelter she did. Here’s my concerns:

1) she’s always been number one and gets to do whatever she wants (she’s an amazing dog so this is really involves being loving and amazing)

2) She barks and tells off the new moved in next door dog and especially doesn’t like it if I show it love. This is getting better but exists. 

Do you think I should give it a go or let the old girl live her life alone?  She’s a strange dog. Nothing bad has ever happened to her but she gets fearful. Example I’ve tried to take her camping and she’s scared and spent entire time in dog bed  in vehicle (fully ventilated and I wound up sleeping next to her- not comfy fo me). She’s a 50 lb (Adorable) mutt so that is strange. 

Bur damn I could give a dog a great escape right now.  I love dogs so much and being home like this could let it have constant happiness. Anyone else like this or what do you think?

• Like 1

I would totally foster kitties if I could, except finances, and the fact that my lease restricts me to one.

• Like 1