Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was gobsmacked when I got my mail today. I got a Christmas card from Chewy.com (signed Your Chewy Family). Guess I’m a good customer...no telling. Anyone else get one? 

I haven't this year, but, I used to when I ordered from them.

What gobsmacked me was when Shlomo passed away I called to cancel the recurring order for his prescription food and she refunded the last order even when I told her we had used one of the bags already.  She said it was just what they do for condolences and then a few days later I got a very sweet Sympathy card with a hand written note inside.  I called to let her supervisor know and thank them and he told me to feel free to call if I just needed to talk - that they all understood and are there to help us pet parents in any way they can, not just with orders.  I never took them up on this, but, I feel sure if I needed someone would have talked to me about losing him.

They are just outstanding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was gobsmacked when I got my mail today. I got a Christmas card from Chewy.com (signed Your Chewy Family). Guess I’m a good customer...no telling. Anyone else get one? 

They sent Shadow a birthday card in August.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Do you all give your pets gifts for Christmas? 

I did when I had pets, and I made sure my parents gave their grand-dogs gifts as well.  I did generally have to help the dogs unwrap the gifts, though.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Do you all give your pets gifts for Christmas? 

Yes. All of the pets have stockings in my house. (It's a very busy mantle.)  The guinea pigs usually just get carrots in their stocking, dogs get bones (which reminds me I need to get a stocking for Norman), cat gets toys, and so on.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Speaking of Norman, he jumped up on my lap yesterday and my daughter took this photo of him. Heh. 

50F67B2D-F8DE-4F66-9FE2-14868D2401C3.jpeg

Quick - somebody get a mop.  'Cause I just melted into a puddle of goo on the floor. ;~)

That face!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

The girls got an "early Christmas present" (a crinkly stuffed catnip toy with feathers) from their BFF, a.k.a., my boyfriend (they LOVE him). They nap 90% of the time, so any action shot of them is rare. It's funny how the picture came out.IMG_20191216_121227-756x714.thumb.jpg.87762309a2430f527f36421d12150994.jpg

• Love 22

Man my cat is spoiled. So she is sleeping in my spot on the sofa. When I come she will move up onto the arm of the sofa. BUT I want two tangerines. And normally I would out them on a little plate and eat them on the sofa. As opposed to like, you know, a decent dessert because health blah blah calories blah blah. 

But my cat HATES the tangerines and will bolt away like a bat out of hell. So I'm going to eat them at the table and then scrub my hands and then go sit down so I don;t bother her majesty. 

Am I the only one this crazy lol? 

And don;t even get me started on how the two cats have different food but cat 1 likes to graze and cat 2 will scarf down cat 1's food, so now I will bring cat 1 food when she wants it and then take it away when she is done. She usually wants it a) when I'm fully dressed and ready to go out or b) when I sit down after a long day to eat or c) any other time that seems inconvenient to me. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, cleo said:

And don;t even get me started on how the two cats have different food but cat 1 likes to graze and cat 2 will scarf down cat 1's food

LOL, my cats do this, too (though they have the same food). 

• Love 4

In an attempt to lower my cat food cost, I tried to get my girls to eat the lamb formula of the same brand (Ziwipeak) that they eat in venison. (The lamb is about $20 less a case.) Thank god Little Mama scarfs up whatever is put in front of her. Little Girl was unamused with the lamb and will not touch it. She's horrifically allergic to every other protein source but it and venison. Of course, she happily licks her mom's plate after her mom has eaten most of her (lamb) food, but won't eat the lamb put in front of her. I'm fairly convinced she's just figured out how to make me continue to buy her venison.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

In an attempt to lower my cat food cost, I tried to get my girls to eat the lamb formula of the same brand (Ziwipeak) that they eat in venison. (The lamb is about $20 less a case.) Thank god Little Mama scarfs up whatever is put in front of her. Little Girl was unamused with the lamb and will not touch it. She's horrifically allergic to every other protein source but it and venison. Of course, she happily licks her mom's plate after her mom has eaten most of her (lamb) food, but won't eat the lamb put in front of her. I'm fairly convinced she's just figured out how to make me continue to buy her venison.

Maybe if you mix the two and slowly increase the lamb portion she would switch over.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Of course, she happily licks her mom's plate after her mom has eaten most of her (lamb) food, but won't eat the lamb put in front of her. I'm fairly convinced she's just figured out how to make me continue to buy her venison.

They can read receipts.  They find out you bought something less expensive, and dig in their paws.  Riley loves chicken, raw or cooked, and wants some as a treat when I'm preparing it or eating it.  But try to give her the chicken formula of her raw food instead of the rabbit formula, and it's a hunger strike up in here.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Girl Cat has been so chill about the siders and endured a wellness visit to the vet today, so I broke out a refillable catnip toy. It's a beaver. And now all I can think of is Zorro the Gay Blade* and "Save me from your hideous dog!" I should've got a lamb, too, for the ships in the field.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Lily took to sitting on a patch of bare floor, so I put one of the old cheap cat beds in that spot to see if she liked the bare floor or the location.  It was the location (the heating duct runs behind it and warms up the wall), so I bought a better cat bed because Lily's an official teenager and I thought she might like more padding between herself and the floor.  She did, very much. 

Then Snip discovered the new bed was quite nice, and parked herself in it.  So I had to buy a second good bed and put it in Lily's other favorite spot.  These days after dinner both beds are occupied by curled-up sleeping cats, and that makes me happy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

To anyone who uses Arm & Hammer Clump and Seal: Chewy has the 28lb box on sale for $8.

I don’t mind buying the larger quantities, but they ship very heavy packages. I’m sure it gives the postal people backaches and I cannot lift them. I have gotten a package that has 4 cases of wet food and 2 containers of litter in them. It had to weigh 50 lbs.  I have to half drag/pull them into my house. It’s a third of my weight (the 28 lb one alone) and I’m older with severe osteoporosis. I wish I could. 

• Love 2

Chewy usually uses FedEx and their trucks have dollies. If the box is too heavy for me to end-over-end it onto the door jamb and slide it into the house or has been damaged, I unpack it on the steps. My issue is that they don't stock the unscented version of Clump & Seal. But Chewy is otherwise fantastic and fast.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t mind buying the larger quantities, but they ship very heavy packages. I’m sure it gives the postal people backaches and I cannot lift them. I have gotten a package that has 4 cases of wet food and 2 containers of litter in them. It had to weigh 50 lbs.  I have to half drag/pull them into my house. It’s a third of my weight (the 28 lb one alone) and I’m older with severe osteoporosis. I wish I could. 

I used to use Clump & Seal(and later, Slide), but the weight issue is the main reason I switched to Tidy Cats Breeze.  As someone with a disability, a 7 pound bag of pellets is much easier to handle, plus scooping the box and replacing thE pad(if necessary)takes five minutes tops.

I normally use my wheeled walker to push boxes through the door if I can’t lift them, although I have to make sure You Know Who doesn’t try to make a run for it.

• Love 2

I was instructed a very long time ago that as a home with both dogs and cats to use standard non-clumping litter by my vet. 

In his words, at some point the dogs will get at the litter box despite my best efforts, and they will help themselves to a “snack” when they do. And clumping litter is a much worse thing to eat than is plain clay litter. 

Over the years, snacks have been had. He was right. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 12/26/2019 at 7:12 PM, theredhead77 said:

My cat-cat keeps sneezing. His eyes are clear (not runny and no eye boogers) and his nose is clear. Poor little guy. He did this once before and the vet said he was fine so I'm just keeping an eye on him. And vacuuming & dusting.

Cat-Cat had an appt with the vet this AM but wasn't sneezing much last night or this morning so I cancelled it, and am regretting it. He's been sleeping allllll day. He moved from his throne (a pillow on my bed) to his second favorite spot (the cat carrier in the guest room closet) when I was running errands.

I made him get up and brought him downstairs, watched him eat and drink (but not sure if he used the litter box at all today - I think he did, both kinds of kitty poop was in it this afternoon) but he's sleeping, again. The vet isn't open tomorrow and I can take him to the emergency vet if needed but it's $$$ I don't really have. There were little sneezies instead of the big sneezes and only a couple instead of the big ones in 3s. Hopefully he's sleeping off whatever is going on but I'll bring him in Monday if I have to.

10 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

I've received some heavy boxes from them (2 boxes of cat litter and a bag of cat food). Hopefully they don't put 4 boxes of litter and a bag of cat food in a single box

I got a shipping notice, 3 packages. Pkg 1 has cat food and 1 box of litter. Pkg 2 has 2 boxes of litter and pkg 3 has 1 box of litter.

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

I used to use Clump & Seal(and later, Slide), but the weight issue is the main reason I switched to Tidy Cats Breeze.

I've been eyeing the Breeze system and may give it a shot this year. 

• Love 3

I'm hoping that Santa was good to all of your furbabies.  My two kitty girls got toys--a crackly stuffed snake and a stuffed Mr. Bill ('oh, nooooo!'), both catnip-filled.  They also got snacks.  And a new set of dishes (which I guess to cats is like humans getting underwear and socks). I haven't seen a lot of playing with the toys yet, but I did find the Mr. Bill figure on the couch this morning, which is where my Alice sleeps at night. 

I sometimes put their Christmas goodies in stockings, but this year I just handed them out from the store bag. I don't think they cared. 🙂 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7