Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

Eldad Hagar gives me hope for humanity in general.  

His name also sounds like he should be teaching a class at Hogwarts, possibly about how magically control your tear ducts, because oh my goodness some of those videos could dehydrate a person.   I personally love the puppy by the train video the most.  "How Do You Like Me Now?"  indeed :-)

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 3

Love that. Apparently, she's keeping him and named him "Skidmark". Appropriate, since he was almost one. I have a coworker who kept the kitten that was in the engine of her brother's car. She named him Chevy.

• Love 1

Kitten appropriately named Skidmark.

Interview about rescue.  

http://kfor.com/2015/10/21/caught-on-tape-female-biker-rescues-kitten/

Love that. Apparently, she's keeping him and named him "Skidmark". Appropriate, since he was almost one. I have a coworker who kept the kitten that was in the engine of her brother's car. She named him Chevy.

Yay!   Lucky kitten and good people -- how awesome was that?!!  And I love his name.  Thank you for sharing that, 33kaitykaitty.

Edited by harrie

Did you know that kittens can fly?

Tip is Supermama to 12 kittens, five of her own and seven of a feral mama who was spayed and returned to her Happy Forest home.  Tip has been spayed, but the kittens haven't been able to be adopted yet because of some medical issues.  Anyway, every time Tip goes into the room with the kittens, they mob her and try to nurse.  To prevent mastitis, Shelly tried to put a nursing sweater on Tip so she can hang out with the kittens without them trying to glom onto her.  Tip was not happy and hilarity ensued.  The kittens all flew to the safety of the top of the cat tree.  

Edited to add -- 1:00 to about 1:50.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 1

Poor mama cat, she looked like a bucking bronco.

Shelly keeps Tip mostly in another part of the house, so she gets lonely.  She wants to go in and be with the kittens, but every time she does, they literally swarm her.  She tried getting up on the window ledge the other day to get away from them for a minute, but the more adventurous kittens just followed her up there.  

I think Shelly will try to put the nursing sweater back on her in a more calm and less chaotic environment so Tip can get used to the damn thing and then she can come in an hang out with the kittens.  

I know the intent was good in using the nursing sweater (and I learned there' s such thing as a nursing sweater).  Hopefully she'll get used to it.  

Mama's reaction reminds me, to a much lesser degree, of when I explored walking my cat on a leash.  We were going to move out of state, and I thought it might be better for him if he could get out of the car to stretch and do his thing once in a while during the drive. That bright idea was a bust, and he enjoyed the move from his carrier, thank you. 

• Love 2

I've posted a few pictures of my baby boy Loki -- well, he'll be 6 in a couple of weeks, so maybe not a baby.  Oh, you know how it is with parents.  He'll always be my baby boy.

Anyway, took him to the vet today because, over the past week, he has developed half a dozen lumps on his neck, chest, and hind legs.  His white blood cell count is good, so the vet doesn't think it's cancer, but she drew some fluid from the lumps for additional testing.  He has also lost 12 pounds since August.

I'm trying to stay positive, but he's half Bernese and this is the age they start developing cancer.  We're hoping the Border Collie half will keep him healthy a little longer.

Demented Daisy, I hope everything works out okay for Loki.  For what it's worth, my dogs have had assorted lumps as they age, and often they're just fatty tissue or benign.  The vet tells us to monitor them and let him know if they grow, move, or change texture.  Thinking good thoughts for the Loki boy.

• Love 1

I'm trying to stay positive, but he's half Bernese and this is the age they start developing cancer.  We're hoping the Border Collie half will keep him healthy a little longer.

Sending additional positivity to you and Loki.  Please keep us posted.

• Love 1

Demented Daisy, I'm so sorry to hear that.  What does your vet recommend?  Here is a site that talks about canine lymphoma - http://www.caninelymphoma.com/and may have some useful information for you.

Does Loki still eat and drink normally?  Want to walk, play, be affectionate?  The most important thing is quality of life..age is usually a factor for treatments.

My best advice is to seek support for yourself wherever you can, and love and support Loki with all your heart; not that you need me to tell you that!  Your regular vet will know Loki the best and I would go by his/her recommendations.

Keep us posted...I know it's a difficult time.

Edited by raven
  • Love 1

Other than the weight loss, he's the same dog.  Just as playful and active as always.  He's never been big on the kisses, but he loves hugs and still wants to cuddle.  His appetite hasn't changed, especially for his "treat ball", which is a puzzle ball that we fill with treats to keep his Border Collie brain engaged. 

The vet wants to do a biopsy, then start chemo.  He also has arthritis in his hips, so quality of life is our biggest concern.  We'll see.

• Love 1

My husband just called and Loki can't be saved.  It grew too fast and it's already affecting his organs.  It has only attacked the ones he doesn't need (tonsils and spleen) so far, but even with chemo, the vet only gave him a year.  So we're going to set a date to let him go.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words.  It's going to be a rough time for the next few days/weeks, but it's the right thing to do.

• Love 1

Oh, Demented Daisy, I am so very sorry.  Love him up as much as you can, for as long as he's comfy and happy.  But you know that.  You and Loki are in my thoughts.

Edited by harrie
  • Love 2

I'm sorry for your loss. I had to put down my Max in April and it was beyond hard. But I took solace in the fact that I had given him a good life and that we had shared memories that would last me a lifetime.

• Love 1

Tomorrow will be the rough day.  My husband is going back to work (he's been off since Tuesday, the day before the oncologist visit) and it'll be so quiet in the house.  It's a slow process, but things are getting better.

I'm sorry I hijacked the thread over the past week and a half.  I demand cute pet pictures to help heal my soul.  :-)

I have fallen in love with this kitten.  His name is Thumper and his mama was a feral named Sisko who had six black panther kittens in a litter of eight.  The five black panthers who survived are all just darling.  They were named after the movie Bambi, Owl, Flower, Walt, and of course, Thumper.  (One baby honorably named Toothless died of a congenital defect.)  Their colorful sisters are named Bluebell, who is the spitting image of her mama, and Daisy, who is a rather rare female ginger.

12249752_1641924106085782_31188965889349

His mama is the top kitteh.  This photo has been captioned "Sisko and Mila's worried faces when the human comes to visit."

11825119_861597497249149_330399574212466

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 6