Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Liver, I Hardly Know Her

• Start Topic

One of my favorite aspects to this show has always been the dynamic between the 6 siblings and up until this episode that dynamic had been missing. Between Ian's absence and Fiona & Lip being at odds with each other the show did a great job highlighting they work better when they are together.

I completely agree about the family dynamic. When that scene came on it hit me how long it had been since they'd shown multiple siblings discussing something together. I really want to know when Fiona and Lip are gonna get with the program re: Ian. It should be blindingly clear to them by now that he is manic, Lip especially.

• Love 1

So they went from Frank having no chance of living, then gets worse by removing a kidney, to a completely recovered Frank? I don't know where this is going

The question remains about Frank being divorced from Monica, maybe it will come to play later..

From what I've been reading what's going on with Ian come's to a head in the next episode. This show is the kind of show that causes you to be so emotionally invested in the character's lives that as much as you don't want the season to end you kind of do just so you can let some of that emotional attachment go.

Up until this episode I was worried how they were going to keep Sheila an integral part of the show, so if they decided to keep her around by "marrying" her to Frank I'm all for it.

Up until this episode I was worried how they were going to keep Sheila an integral part of the show, so if they decided to keep her around by "marrying" her to Frank I'm all for it.

Yeah, in the first three seasons Sheila was maybe my favorite character after Lip and Fiona.  This season her character seemed superfluous and was all kooky all the time.  If she became more integral to the Gallaghers (especially maybe with Fiona in jail for a while) I think that would be a really good thing.  I love Joan Cusack but they need to give her something real to do.

Frank goes from having days, maybe hours to live, to being at the top of the donor list. I rolled my eyes at that development. WHM is a wonderful actor but I'm ready to move on from Frank Gallagher.

I could see Fiona as new Frank, Lip as new Fiona, developments with Debbie and Carl growing up, V and Kev doing their B-side stories, Sammie trying to fit in, on and on.

Surely, The Tales of Bonnie and Carl are going to catch up with them. Seems like they should have been caught a while ago.

Frank goes from having days, maybe hours to live, to being at the top of the donor list. I rolled my eyes at that development. WHM is a wonderful actor but I'm ready to move on from Frank Gallagher.

I really wish the writers/Showtime would have the courage to kill Frank off. He's always been my least favorite part of the show, and he's served his purpose as a foil for the Gallagher kids. Imagine what they could do with all that free screen time; each sibling might actually get a fully developed storyline. 

I've been om board with Frank's story line this season because WHM plays the character so well, but if they wanted to keep him alive they should have just made the back alley transplant successful, getting him pushed to the top of the official donor list just requires a suspension of disbelief I'm not sure I can make even for Shameless. The deathbed visits/wedding were really touching, especially Debbie, and now that he's going to live (at least that's what I'm assuming) it all seems a have less meaning.I agree it would take serious guts on behalf of the showrunners/network to kill off their biggest named actor, but it really would give some of the kids a chance to shine and deal with the story line repercussions. 

I agree about the suspension of disbelief. I love Macy..in anyone else's hands, Frank would just be downright annoying and grating, but Macy brings additional layers to the character.

Still, this liver thing is totally unbelievable. I wouldn't mind if they killed him off but had him haunt the Gallagher kids, a la Harry Morgan on Dexter.

Edited by Rogaine2233