Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Welcome To Paradise

In an attempt to bring some fun back into their lives, Elena persuades Caroline to meet her at the swimming hole where she plans to introduce her to Liam. Tyler, still working on controlling his anger issues, asks Liv for a favor and is surprised when she makes an unexpected confession. Stefan arrives back in Mystic Falls looking for Enzo and is caught off guard when he notices a strange change in Elena. Meanwhile, at the lake, Enzo’s actions cause Matt to make a startling revelation, and Jeremy makes a discovery about the anti-magic spell that could potentially put Elena’s life in danger. Elsewhere, Damon and Bonnie stumble upon clues that lead them to believe they’re not alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJzMxUEjx6M&list=UUSZfo1gU-dGiE95hr8w9nCw

Bonnie and Damon's adventures continue to be the best part of the episodes. Stefan is also entertaining, but only when Caroline isn't around. I used to really like Caroline, but I just find her character to be really obnoxious now. Chill Elena is growing on me. I'm hoping she never remembers her "love" for Damon. I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one though.

Not looking forward to finding out who Jeremy's gal pal is. I'm hoping she's not in any way related to Bonnie because I don't want to see any triangle drama with Jeremy.

• Love 5

Who the hell is Liam? Please let it be David Boreanaz in a bad wig and an even worse Irish accent!

Ha! All these random new people....don't know who they are, don't care.

But I did like the new guy who is dead with Damon and Bonnie. Their story is what will keep me watching for a while.

• Love 2

It's amazing how much I like both Elena and Damon when they aren't anywhere near each other. This Elena should stay. The girls' friendships have tended to get shoved aside for the relationship drama, so it as nice to see Caroline and Elena bond over missing Bonnie. And Damon always needs to be attached to Bonnie - her "whatever" attitude to most of his snark is pretty much the way to go.

I like looking at the actor that plays Enzo, but I would have been fine with him getting killed. Kill-happy vampire who likes hanging out with Caroline and has an attachment to a Salvatore brother has been done.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 3

random thoughts:

Remind me never to get on Stefan's bad side. Dude has gone seriously hardcore dark now "I don't care how, just make him suffer". Even Damon would've been surprised by that.

While I enjoy seeing Jeremy shirtless as much as the rest of us, I do think it's time Stephen slowed down a bit on the workouts. He's starting to approach Stallone levels and  it's not a good look on him (especially if he still wants to play Nightwing on Arrow (or The Flash now)).

Caroline is in some serious denial when it comes to her obvious feelings for Stefan. But then again so does he. When they do get together it's either going to be awesome or terrible.

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 1

While I enjoy seeing Jeremy shirtless as much as the rest of us, I do think it's time Stephen slowed down a bit on the workouts. He's starting to approach Stallone levels and it's not a good look on him (especially if he still wants to play Nightwing on Arrow (or The Flash now)).

McQueen looks to me like he has a kid's head on top of a man's body, which is just weird.

• Love 4

No Bonnie, missing Pork Rinds and carnival music are not signs of hope.  They're signs of run for your freaking life because there's a pork rind eating clown on the loose.  Or maybe that's just my version of hell.  

Edited by sashabear21
  • Love 15
Remind me never to get on Stefan's bad side. Dude has gone seriously hardcore dark now "I don't care how, just make him suffer". Even Damon would've been surprised by that.

This is one of the reasons I've always found Stefan more fascinating than Damon. As much as I like Stefan, I've always felt like he's more dangerous in that he's more unpredictable. Damon's crazy is pretty open and on display and you usually know what you're going to get with him. With Stefan, there is always this undertone of darkness simmering under the surface. That's why the Ripper story worked well. Because even in S1 there were glimpses of the kind of monster Stefan is capable of being.

• Love 6

I love the Bonnie and Damon relationship. It's absolutely fascinating, and I'm always a sucker for any acknowledgement of them actually liking each other. The grocery shopping trip was adorable. I want a gif of them trying on sunglasses. And the moment where Bonnie got her magic and told him to run was great. On the other hand, how is Damon able to keep befriending people he's killed/tried to kill? 

I love when Paul Wesley gets to play dangerous but not evil/ripper Stefan. That's my favorite kind of Stefan, and it always will be.

• Love 6

"I like her."

Squee.  Seriously, I wonder if the remainder of the first half of this season is going to keep bringing the Bamon love/like/sparring.  I would bet good money that the powers that be believe that this (Bamon) is a nice little exercise but the fans are craving Delena.  Silly PTB. I don't believe Kai's story that he was faking hurting Damon to awake Bonnie's magic.  Do you think they will buy it?  Of course they will!  I wonder if Kai was named after the character in Lexx? IS is looking pretty rough in the sunlight, but it was fun to see him make vroom vroom noises at the wheel of his car.  I wish we could get some idea of WHY Damon feels the need to cook for Bonnie.  He shouldn't have to eat so is he bored?  Why do they go shopping TOGETHER?  Either could just as easily go alone.

I appreciated that Caroline admitted feelings for Stefan to Elena.  I thought she was going to lie/deny for a moment.  Loved the girl bonding which we haven't seen for what, five years?  Hate Enzo, but I bet he kills Tripp pretty soon.  This is the first time in a long time that I have liked Matt and Tyler.  Stepford Elena is such a re-set it's jarring.  Liv can go away now, but can Luke please get a boyfriend?

Edited by Goldmoon
  • Love 1

Yah don't care for Bonnie and Damon in the 90s. As my children say the 90s is where music went to die, also the clothes are awful. There's a reason grunge didn't last.

Really like Tyler and Liv, I always said Tyler needed a much stronger woman to keep him in line. Luke at least needs a date if nothing else.

Matt looks extra hott this season, I wish he'd get a good story not just sad face.

Don't mind angry cat Stefan and his hair looked fab, but he needs to do more than just stalk Enzo. Where I sit he's more fixated on Enzo than Enzo is on his "revenge" plan.

Be interested to see how Enzo gets out of this jam b/c yah he's not dying.

Missed Alaric, can he please get a story?

I thought Caroline and Elena had a weird vibe, it felt forced friendship not real b/c Caroline knows it's pod Elena.

• Love 1

I haven't watched an episode of VD all the way through in like 3 seasons but this was a first and can I say that I liked mostly everyone tonight.

I love love LOVE myStefan so I liked that he was out for revenge for his 1 episode girlfriend(he needs another character developed not named Elena girlfriend)I still love him and Caroline's friendship but he keeps hurting her. I love dangerous Stefan so I sqeed when he shot Enzo. I'm having panic attacks just thinking about next week episode with Stefan and Elena ugh

Caroline and her admitting her feelings for Stefan was a nice suprise but I don't want them to go there I like them best friends I don't care about her and Enzo becoming a thing. Caroline and Elena was cute and I like them bonding.

Elena was so great tonight it was the first time since season 2 I really liked her and her and Stefan work really well as friends please let it stay that way.

Jeremy is just there for me. I was okay with Bonnie and Damon though I'm already tired of them in that other deminsion. I liked Tyler and Matt I wish they got stories that I could enjoy besides plot points next week looks avoidable.

Edited by Jazzy24

Honestly? Its the awesome 90s music that's keeping me coming back so totally into the Bonnie and Damon storyline

I'm waiting for Paula Cole's "I Don't Want To Wait" to kick in, followed by some Damon snark. Then putting up with 2+ seasons of crap will be worthwhile. Maybe.

ETA: Well, probably not. But it would still be one moment of awesomeness.

Edited by Dust Bunny
  • Love 2

Bonnie and Damon continue to have the most interesting storyline,  I am hooked and I want to know who this new guy is in their Hell (actor looks familiar but having a bitch of a time trying to remember what I know him from).  I do not buy for a second that he tried to kill Damon in order to wake up the witch-fu.  Boy is definitely up to something and it, IMO, needs Bonnie working at full witchy power to accomplish.  What I really want is an explanation of why Grams thought sticking Bonnie (whom she assumed would be alone) into some freaky 1990s Ground Hogs Day was getting her to a better place.  I kind of wonder if Bonnie would still be sane if she didn't have Damon with her after al these months.  Poor planning,Grams, very poor planning (I will apologize if it turns out this was her plan all along).

Elena not being a schmoopy idiot over Damon is only slightly less annoying then schmoopy Elena.  And who, pray tell, was that dude she wanted to meet Caroline?  Have we met him before?  Is he someone she compelled last season to get her through classes?   Explanations, please!  She looked a bit stunned when he kissed her but I imagine he will be her boyfriend right about the time Damon returns.  And then Damon will go all noble and want her to keep her memories erased because she is so much better off with the new guy but, in some convoluted scene, she will somehow regain her memories of Damon and be furious at him for allowing her to stay compelled (whilst St Damon says not one word about the fact that she willfully forgot him). 

Was glad to see Caroline finally admitting that she has feelings for Stefan, for all the good it's gonna do.  I actually like the two of them together and would applaud that hook up were it to happen.  Normally, I would say your best friend's ex is off limits but since Elena fell in love with said exes' BROTHER, I think we can give Caroline a pass.  Caroline/Enzo as friends is bizarre enough, but I cant imagine her with him long term.  I KNOW she seems to have a thing for the bad boys (Tyler and Klaus for example) but basically everything Enzo does, every action he takes, is abhorrent to her.  This is not a love connection, writers. Let Trip Fell barbecue him in the van and be done with it already.

Speaking of Trip and his merry band of vampire hunters, I totally did not see the "compulsion wears off when you enter town" thing coming.  Now I am at least a little curious over what "dog bite girl" is up to.  I wonder if she is going to end up being related to Trip (the mysterious father she is searching for perhaps?) either by surprise or by design.

• Love 2

Ugh, I knew Tripp was going to turn out to be another vampire killer guy, how many times are they going to make us drink from that well? And Caroline is getting on my last nerve, she used to be so awesome, now she's whiney & judgemental all the time. I'm glad they're moving the Damon/Bonnie story along, but they need to speed it up, it's starting to drag.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1

Is it wrong that I didn't hate Elena this episode? She was almost back to being likable, what ruins it is the knowledge her behavior is supposed to be not the real her. Which is sad because that means the annoying cesspool that is her usual self is the real her we're supposed to want back, and to that I say NOPE.

It's always good to see Stephen being ruthless. As long as he doesn't go full dark, Ripper style, I can stand to have him on my screen for while.

I don't know how I feel about Tripp because Colin F. is the man, so enjoying his presence is just math. But if he turns out to be just another run of the mill hunter I think I'll be a little disappointed. I hope he gets some scenes with Alaric.

I didn't see the compulsion wearing off in Mystic Falls coming either. It's good the show can surprise me after all this time, especially with logic that actually makes sense. You win this round Vampire Diaries!

Bored by Tyler's deal. How fucking hard is it not to kill people? I know half his friends are murderers, but it's not rocket science.

Bonnie and Damon are must see right now. Every one of their scenes is amazing. I spit on the show runners for not having those two play off each other more over the years. I just hope adding Kai to the mix doesn't upset Bamon's chemistry.

And now that I've done my due diligence by discussing non-shallow show stuff, can I just say Kat G. was looking especially attractive tonight? I mean, damn, she's foxy!

Edited by steelyis
  • Love 2

LOL at

Elena: Red flag.

Guy: Maybe... but I have a sneaking suspicion that's your type.

HAH! That's the truest thing about Elena ever said on TVD, and also probably the truest thing about her: “Red flag” IS 100%, precisely her type.

For me, that quote is right up there with the one from last season:

Stefan: I have a feeling me ripping people's heads off might have been a little bit of a turn-off?
Elena: Actually, no.

I really hope Damon and Bonnie don't believe that kid that he only fake tried to kill Damon in order to help Bonnie get her powers back. Or at least, stay wary enough that they won't end up screwed if he's lying. I mean, that is exactly the sort of lame, first-excuse-that-comes-to-mind thing I would say if I were trying to avoid being tortured and possibly killed. "I was only pretending to do the thing you're angry about in order to bring about the positive thing that happened!" It's one of those scenarios where someone will give the same answer if it's true and if it isn't.

All the new characters are annoying, and not even that pretty. The CW casting dept is letting me down.

'Damon + Bonnie' remains the highlight of these episodes.

Where is Damon getting his blood supply all these months? Vampires cannot live on pancakes alone.

Not happy we didn't get any Alaric this episode.

• Love 3
McQueen looks to me like he has a kid's head on top of a man's body, which is just weird.

This was the exact thought I had watching the episode. It creeps me out how strange he looks with his shirt off.

I'm not interested in any kind of romantic Damon/Bonnie interaction, but I do kind of adore how Damon finally admitted he likes her. I always suspected he considered her a bud. Their parts of the episode were again the most fun. I love how Bonnie called him on his pity, demanding his ring lol. She is pretty awesome sometimes. I just hope that once they get back, she isn't relegated back to magical macguffin.

One thing I couldn't get over though was how they confronted Kai. The first thing out of my mouth would've been "how the hell did you get here/how long have you been here/do you know where here is". But there was none of that. I love snark as much as the next girl, but I detest it when common sense is overridden for the sake of it. 

Edited by Moo
  • Love 2

I didn't see the compulsion wearing off in Mystic Falls coming either. It's good the show can surprise me after all this time, especially with logic that actually makes sense. You win this round Vampire Diaries!

So does that mean that everybody in Mysic Falls now remembers everything they were ever compelled to forget?
  • Love 4

I totally started cracking up when I heard Ace of Bass playing at the empty grocery store followed by "I Swear." I love the Bonnie and Damon show right now. It's not quite to the level of the Hound/Arya buddy road trip, but it is definitely the best part of the show right now (which isn't saying much, I know). They were like an old married couple bitching at each other about important stuff while still fighting over who gets to push the grocery cart and remembering to point out what stuff to pick up while they were strolling through the store sniping at each other.

I do not buy pork rind guy's story for a minute. He is up to no good and Damon needs to use that poker until Kai tells them what the hell he's up to. But this being TVD, at the beginning of the next episode, Damon and Bonnie will untie Kai and make him pancakes.

It's only the third episode of the season and I am so tired of Caroline whining about Stefan. She is always so judgmental and demanding when people don't do exactly what she wants. And even before she admitted to Elena that she had feelings for Stefan, it's been clear that she has been pretending that she's upset with Stefan as a friend when she's really acting like a girl who just got unceremoniously dumped by her boyfriend. When she was begging hm to stay for her, I was really hoping he would tell her that as much as she wanted him to be there, NOTHING and NO ONE was enough to keep him in Mystic Falls (well, near Mystic Falls since neither of them can actually go into town right now). Caroline is narcissistic enough to believe that she's so important to Stefan that he would stay for her. Girl, you are not Stefan's new Lexi, Elena, or Damon.

Dog Bite Girl asking who lived in the mansion made me even more suspicious of her. If compulsion wears off once you're in Mystic Falls then she has been playing Jeremy this whole time. Since we didn't see Caroline compel her, we don't know who else was there (like did Matt take her to Caroline?) or what else she saw/heard before Caroline compelled her (like Matt and Jeremy discussing anything to do with vampires or mentioning Liz helping Matt get Dog Bite Girl away from Tripp when it happened) so who knows how much she knows now?

I wish we could get some idea of WHY Damon feels the need to cook for Bonnie.  He shouldn't have to eat so is he bored?  Why do they go shopping TOGETHER?  Either could just as easily go alone.

As much as Damon bitches about everything and everyone, he seems to need companionship more than Stefan does. I don't mean sex partners or anything either. He likes having someone around to talk to and hang out with. Obviously Bonnie wouldn't have been his first choice of people to be marooned with, but he would rather be with her than be alone. I think they shop together partly because they have nothing to do and going to the store is a change of scenery from sitting around the house. It's like a field trip for them. If one of them went alone, it would just be a chore rather than an outing.

As for Damon cooking, he doesn't have to eat but he still likes to. But beyond that, I think that he enjoys taking care of people in his own way and we have seen before that he is comfortable cooking, so making meals for Bonnie is a twofer because it gives him something to do and he gets to take care of her in an acceptable but not inappropriate way.

• Love 8

Who knew that all it took was Elena being compelled to forget about her and Damon's "epic" love for me to enjoy the character again? Unfortunately I kept dozing off during the episode, I just didn't find most of it interesting enough to stay awake for other than the '90s adventures of Bonnie and Damon.

Tripp is still made of win for me. I like Enzo on and off but fist pumped the air when Stefan shot him in front of Tripp. And kudos to the show runners for confirming that the compelling wears off once the compelled person returns to MF, didn't see that one coming.

• Love 1

The Damon and Bonnie scenes were the best! 

We've been wondering around here if they were going to play some Ace of Base and yep, there it was!  I like a bunch of 90s music - and it's fun for me to hear it playing in the Bamon scenes.

Damon in his Camaro - "Vroom, vroom!" was awesome.  I wanted him to take a ride on that merry go round!

Everything else was just meh.  I don't care what version of Elena is on the screen, I still hate her.  Her being all smily and cheerful is so weird and so fake feeling that it takes me out of the story.  I like Enzo so I hope he doesn't die yet.  Don't care about Tyler or Liv.  Don't care much about anything in the Mystic Falls area but Alaric.  Pissy Stefan is fine - but now he's going to be the one to rescue Enzo, right?

I'm ready to watch the Damon and Bonnie show all on it's own.  Pork rind guy can stay or go, more people can pop by for a minute and Damon and Bonnie can just snark at each other for the whole episode.  So much more fun, to me, than some of the other boring stuff with the rest of the gang.

• Love 2

So does that mean that everybody in Mysic Falls now remembers everything they were ever compelled to forget?

Huh. That makes me I wonder how many compelled townsfolk remember the supernatural shenanigans our heroes have been up to and feel relieved none of them are in Mystic Falls anymore? And I bet that's how Elena's gets her memories back.

Edited by steelyis

I'm thinking Tripp may be around longer then some of you anticipate.  Does he know Stefan is a vampire?  I thought hunters were supposed to be able to tell without being told explicitly but maybe I'm wrong.  Either way, Stefan just helped him kill Enzo so that says to me if/when Tripp gets the chance to kill him in the future he'll stop because Stefan was helpful before.  

Bonnie and Damon are hilarious.  Maybe this is the show's way of rebooting Elena so she's not such an idiot anymore.  When Damon gets back and she remembers maybe she'll keep a lil bit of how she is now.  Who knows?

Stefan walking away from Caroline made me roll my eyes.  He's always so angsty.....

Could not be less interested in Tyler and Liv.

Eh, I don`t really see a "new" Elena. I remember thinking she was more or less like this in the Season 5 Opener and it got on my nerves back then, too. So vapid and hyper and urgh. Never-ending "my grief"-Elena angst-puppet and especially the total coward who had her feelings/memories erased because unlike everyone else, she.just.can`t.deal annoyed me as well but this version is by no means an improvement in my eyes.

Since Ivy was such a blank slate of a non-character and Stefan looked to be sleepwalking in the episodes with her whereas I find Enzo pretty amusing, I couldn`t really root for him to put Enzo down.

Despite Stefan having reason to. Involving Tripp, though? Yeah  that will come back to massively bite him in the ass.

After not liking Caroline for about two Seasons, I`m back in her corner now. At least she seemed as creeped out by Pod!Elena as I felt. And Stefan is kinda an ass to her.

Damon and Bonnie continues to be the only interesting storyline really. I`m happy Bonnie got her magic back and happy Bamon acknowledged that they have moved beyond "haaaaate". I don`t see them as a romantic couple in that I don`t think the show will go there - personally, I could easily see them together - but they`ve long since moved into at least frenemy territory.

Tyler and Liv? Is okay. 

• Love 1

Where is Damon getting his blood supply all these months? Vampires cannot live on pancakes alone.

I think Damon is probably going squirrel or bunny hunting every night to slake his thirst.  I think that's probably contributing to his bad mood.

This was a pretty good episode!  It's so strange to see a nice, friendly Elena that's free from all the angst.  It feels good.  Too bad we all know it's not going to last.  I must say, ND looks great in that bikini!  She looks slender but curvy and it's a good look on her. 

Love the Bonnie and Damon scenes!  Damon had the best one-liners in this episode!  I can't wait to find out who the hell is Kai.  I don't think he's a friend.  Yay Bonnie getting her witchy powers back!

It seems that all the angst Elena had has gone to poor Caroline!  She look so desperate and unhappy.  Both her best friends (Enzo and Stefan) are assholes and I'm glad she's gone back to being roomies with Elena.  Even Compelled Elena is better than these two disappointing guys.

Stefan is displaying alot of darkness and I'm wondering whether he might slip into Ripper mode once again.  But, shit!  Stefan was just so badass!  It's about time he beat up that dick of a boss and I like how he went after Enzo.  His coldness towards Caroline was very troubling.  His fake warmth towards Elena is even more troubling.  It looks like Stefan just want to come back to Mystic Falls solely to get revenge on Enzo and then leave.  He can be such a Big Asshole!

I'm in it for the Bonnie and Damon Show as well. It was nice to see Elena not be crazy or desperate for once but honestly I'm fine just watching Damon+Bonnie and their new psycho Kai (great actor, really enjoyed him). Sounds like a winning plan to me.

• Love 1

And who, pray tell, was that dude she wanted to meet Caroline?  Have we met him before?  Is he someone she compelled last season to get her through classes?   Explanations, please!  She looked a bit stunned when he kissed her but I imagine he will be her boyfriend right about the time Damon returns.  

He was the guy in her Medical Rounds Class from the season premiere, he had (maybe) one line while they were doing rounds.  

I'm thinking Tripp may be around longer then some of you anticipate.  Does he know Stefan is a vampire?  I thought hunters were supposed to be able to tell without being told explicitly but maybe I'm wrong.  Either way, Stefan just helped him kill Enzo so that says to me if/when Tripp gets the chance to kill him in the future he'll stop because Stefan was helpful before.  

Bonnie and Damon are hilarious.  Maybe this is the show's way of rebooting Elena so she's not such an idiot anymore.  When Damon gets back and she remembers maybe she'll keep a lil bit of how she is now.  Who knows?

Stefan walking away from Caroline made me roll my eyes.  He's always so angsty.....

Could not be less interested in Tyler and Liv.

I don't think Tripp is a hunter as in a "Hunter" like Jeremy... I think it's just more of the founding family thing where he knows about and is hunting down vampires. So It's possible he won't realize Stefen is a vampire for awhile, unless he already has figured it out due to the Salvatores being a founding family as well.  Plus the hunter thing is magic, which doesn't work in Mystic Falls. (not that they were in Mystic falls in the diner, but still)

I am loving the Bonnie/Damon time... but I hope we get a few answers from Kai, like who the hell he is and why he's in purgatory with them. And how does he know about magic and vervain? Is he a manwitch? Or did he just pick up on all of that by spying on them for 4 months? Has he been there longer than that, or did he get there when they got there? So many questions!

I'm suprised Matt took so long to figure out the vampire hunting thing. Especially after he found out Tripp was a founding family. Doesn't he know that the founding families were all about vampire hunting? I still mostly like Matt, so I wish he'd get a better storyline. He's been compelled a million times, did all of that get undone? Or is it only new compellings that are getting unmagicked? Cause you'd think Matt of all people would have realized he suddenly knew a lot more things than he used to.

I actually would be on board for a Caroline/Stefen something... but Stefen is definitely stuck in his grief for Damon. No matter how much he talks about wanting to start over, it didn't seem to me like he was all that happy in his new life with a boss and the girlfriend that he wasn't quite ready to commit to (wasn't she afraid like the day she was killed that staying for breakfast overstepped their relationship? It didn't seem like they were super boyfriend/girlfriend based on that little interaction... more like a fling that could eventually turn into more)

Of course that doesn't excuse Enzo killing her, and I'm fine with Stefen thinking he needed some vengeance, but something about Stefen is off right now, too. Elena is totally weird with her memory wipe, but Stefen seems to just be going through the motions. I'd expected us to find out he's turned his emotions off, based on how he's acting. I do feel bad for Caroline because you can see she really cared about Stefen... and there was a time when it seemed like Stefen returned a degree of those feelings, but now there's just nothing. Caroline doesn't bother me... she's lost one of her best friends, and the otheone has been a grief zombie all summer and now is a weird happy, but empty, version of the friend she used to have. Enzo is nutso and Stefen ran away without even saying goodbye...

Tyler and Jeremy could cease to exist and it wouldn't bother me.

• Love 2

Enzo, I love. He's Damon before they ruined Damon with Delena.

I actually even kind of like no memories of Delena, Elena. Damon's more tolerable with Bonnie and Elena's more tolerable with no memories of Delena. 

Of course that doesn't excuse Enzo killing her, and I'm fine with Stefen thinking he needed some vengeance, but something about Stefen is off right now, too. Elena is totally weird with her memory wipe, but Stefen seems to just be going through the motions. I'd expected us to find out he's turned his emotions off, based on how he's acting. I do feel bad for Caroline because you can see she really cared about Stefen... and there was a time when it seemed like Stefen returned a degree of those feelings, but now there's just nothing. Caroline doesn't bother me... she's lost one of her best friends, and the otheone has been a grief zombie all summer and now is a weird happy, but empty, version of the friend she used to have. Enzo is nutso and Stefen ran away without even saying goodbye...

Stefan is acting desperate.  Desperate to forget every part of his life that had anything to do with Damon.  I didn't really get that the season premiere....they did a bad job of making it look like Stefan was just being a dick about it.  But this episode expanded much more on where his head really is. He doesn't want to be reminded of anything having to do with his brother or the fact that he couldn't find him.  I believe this would be the first time Stefan hasn't been able to solve a problem (or so he thinks) and it's gotta be sending him for a loop.  He doesn't have an Original or a magic dagger or a witch friend to flip a book open or move a rock and find his brother.  He's got nothing to go on and it's killing him.

That's why I will always maintain that the core relationship of this show is not Elena and whoever she chooses.  It's Damon and Stefan.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 6

In trying to make sense of what Elena in her new zombie state (thank you, Caroline) believes happened, did she mention she and Stefan broke up two years ago?

Okay, Season 1 and 2 cover one year, Season 3 and 4 another year, Season 5 probably one year on its own and now four months have passed. That means what, Elena thinks she broke up with Stefan during or after the Ripper summer? Or after turning into a vampire?

It`s ridiculous because so much of what she thinks, believes has happened should be altered, has to be altered for this to work.Caroline lecturing Enzo on what he could and could not say, well, pish posh. Any of them at any given time could make a reference to an event that they know to be true but would HAVE to be different in Elena`s mind. How would they even know?

Or is Elena running around with memories of things that quite frankly, out of context, would make no freaking sense whatsoever? For example, if she remembered the sire bond and the explanation given for how a sire bond with vampires comes to be in the first place, it would be a giant case of WTF for her. I realize that she might have other things on her mind right now but would you not notice if your memories for the last three years just suddenly appear to be a jumbled mess of nonsense? 

• Love 1

Yep, this doesn't hold together at all. It would make infinitely more sense for Alaric to have just compelled Elena to let it go, to not feel devastated by it anymore. Because they've shown that compulsion can overcome emotions (fear being the biggest one I can think of--Kat to Stefan, Damon to Caroline/Andie). She wouldn't have had to forget anything that happened with Damon, or that she loved him, or that she still does. The only reason it went down this way is to create another roadblock to them down the line. To which I say, boooooooooooooo. Damon is so much better in 1994 with Bonnie, and if this storyline has shown nothing else, it's definitely shown how toxic the great Delena love was, at least for Elena. Is going back to that supposed to feel exciting and triumphant? It will feel like a tragedy, for all concerned, to me.

• Love 2

I hate this Kai character. Everything about him rubs me the wrong way, and I was praying (not really, but you know) that Bonnie would turn him into a cinder. Don't know who/what he is, or what his deal is, but I want him gone -- yesterday.

Love Enzo. I don't think he'll die just yet, but if he does, Stefan is dead to me. Thought that was incredibly stupid getting the vampire killer weirdo involved in his quest for revenge. That probably will not end well.

Thought that was incredibly stupid getting the vampire killer weirdo involved in his quest for revenge. That probably will not end well.

Yeah, that is another thing that is iffy to me. Tripp grew up in Mystic Falls but presumably has been gone for a while. He does know the Founding Family Secret, though. Seriously, I was half expecting him to give Stefan a secret handshake or something because once Stefan mentioned his name was Salvatore, Tripp obviously felt he was, thus, a fellow vampire hunter.

But what I`m getting at is, other than in Season 1, neither the Salvatore brothers nor anyone of the Fellowship really have tried much diplomacy when it comes to hiding their existance as vampires. They are pretty blatant about it. Evilaric once ratted everyone out to the council. Granted, that got blown up but did noone talk before that? Or make records of it? A scrapbook, titled "the famous vamps of Mystic Falls - a look at our most prominent citizens"?

And did Tripp not do ANY research whatsoever in what kind of supernatural shit happened while he was gone? Are you seriously gonna tell me that all their "covers" are still intact? Oh man, if Damon wasn`t dead, he`d probably be on this new anti-vampire brigade, too. Just for shits and giggles.

Connor may have been a murderous dick but vervain gloves? Yup, might try to really invest in a secret handshake there, Tripp. And Stefan, you are banking on this guy killing Enzo before the latter can tell him about you and all your vampire friends? Impeccable strategic thinking there, dude..     

• Love 1

I hate this Kai character. Everything about him rubs me the wrong way, and I was praying (not really, but you know) that Bonnie would turn him into a cinder. Don't know who/what he is, or what his deal is, but I want him gone -- yesterday.

Love Enzo. I don't think he'll die just yet, but if he does, Stefan is dead to me. Thought that was incredibly stupid getting the vampire killer weirdo involved in his quest for revenge. That probably will not end well.

I agree he seemed to me like he was going for a Kol vibe, but it didn't come off right. Only Kol can be Kol.

I just realized today that Stefan is acting LIKE Damon. He is putting up barriers just like Damon, and this Enzo thing is a thinnly veiled retread of Lexi. Damon's bestfriend that doesn't get along with Stefan that Stefan is using his death to get "in good" with vampire extermination squad. Just reverse brother and trade out Enzo for Lexi, same basic premise. So I can't be too mad at Stefan b/c I never was too mad about Damon killing Lexi, except for Lexi being so cool about it later.

Edited by Cattitude

Elena was so much better this episode, my feelings for her as a protagonist skyrocketed!  Bubbly, happy Elena is best Elena!  And it was good to see Stefan get his revenge on Enzo, though I don't want him to die.  Enzo was seriously stupid to kill people he fed on though ironically, with the anti-magic barrier in play his method is probably more discreet than Caroline's.  You reap what you sow, though I'm not buying that Tripp doesn't know Stefan's a vampire.  He's playing a long game.

Yep, this doesn't hold together at all. It would make infinitely more sense for Alaric to have just compelled Elena to let it go, to not feel devastated by it anymore. 

Personally, I can't understand how someone who has been a vampire for such a short time that they're still not used to drinking blood can compel anybody to do anything, not to mention someone who has been a vampire longer than them, & according to TVD canon, should be stronger than them. In fact, how did he even know what to do? Where did he get the knowledge? The whole thing is stupid & doesn't make any sense IMO.

Forgot to mention how Damon noted that he parked his car in MF 18 years ago in 1994 so it is 2012 in MF.  Methinks that seasons 1 and 2 took one year, and seasons 3 and 4 took one year and five represented a whole year.  I think that helps the timeline make more sense.

Yes, S1-2 covered Elena/Caroline/Bonnie's junior year of high school, S3-4 was their senior year, S5 was their freshman year in college, and S6 in their second year of college.

A scrapbook, titled "the famous vamps of Mystic Falls - a look at our most prominent citizens"?

Ha, I would definitely love to see that scrapbook! If Caroline were in the council, imagine what it would look like!

Since the grocery store has somehow stayed magically stocked for the four months that Bonnie and Damon have been shopping there, I assumed that Damon has been getting blood bags at the hospital and those are magically restocked too.

Liv's last scene with Tyler really reminded me what a weak actress is playing her. The way she said she was trying to keep from falling for him was straight out of a high school Drama 101 class. I cut her a little bit of slack since she was saddled with such horrible dialogue, but she still bears some of the blame. When Tyler, TYLER, seems like a more natural actor in a scene, you know you are doing something wrong.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when Luke pointed out that Tyler apologized. Good ol' Mystic Falls. What's a little violence or murder between friends? No point in holding a grudge!

• Love 1

Personally, I can't understand how someone who has been a vampire for such a short time that they're still not used to drinking blood can compel anybody to do anything, not to mention someone who has been a vampire longer than them, & according to TVD canon, should be stronger than them. In fact, how did he even know what to do? Where did he get the knowledge? The whole thing is stupid & doesn't make any sense IMO.

As I understand it, he's an Original vampire, means only White Oak stake can kill him, he can compell other vampires (compelling doesn't seem to be a learned power, Caroline did it as soon as she woke up) and I would guess probably makes him stronger than other vampires.

• Love 1

As I understand it, he's an Original vampire, means only White Oak stake can kill him, he can compell other vampires (compelling doesn't seem to be a learned power, Caroline did it as soon as she woke up) and I would guess probably makes him stronger than other vampires.

Yup, Alaric was created as an Enhanced Original, and to be stronger than even the Originals themselves, in order to kill them all off - as far as we know, he's pretty much the most powerful creature on the planet (until something else turns up for the storyline, obvs). Compelling Elena is probably about as easy for him as compelling me to eat chocolate; I think the difficulty he had was probably self-imposed because he was nervous about the whole procedure.

Liv continues to be my least favorite TVD character ever; she's actually succeeding in making me fond of Tyler in comparison.

I love the Bonnie and Damon relationship. It's absolutely fascinating, and I'm always a sucker for any acknowledgement of them actually liking each other. The grocery shopping trip was adorable. I want a gif of them trying on sunglasses. And the moment where Bonnie got her magic and told him to run was great. On the other hand, how is Damon able to keep befriending people he's killed/tried to kill?

I love when Paul Wesley gets to play dangerous but not evil/ripper Stefan. That's my favorite kind of Stefan, and it always will be.

I completely squeed when Damon said he likes Bonnie. I love watching them. They play off each other well.

I also enjoy Stefan best when he's not talking about how he has so many feelings. This episodes kind of a dick Stefan is my favorite kind because I feel the other is fake.

Yup, Alaric was created as an Enhanced Original, and to be stronger than even the Originals themselves, in order to kill them all off - as far as we know, he's pretty much the most powerful creature on the planet (until something else turns up for the storyline, obvs). Compelling Elena is probably about as easy for him as compelling me to eat chocolate; I think the difficulty he had was probably self-imposed because he was nervous about the whole procedure.

Huh, I have absolutely no memory of this, was it last season?