Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Of course Roger would develop a persona for a Nevada politician because they eat for free at buffets...and then abandon it when it didn't include drinks. For some reason I loved Roger eating the giant cookie whole out of spite, and immediately backfiring on him.

So this was the episode MC Skat Kat made a cameo in. He was in every trailer, and I'm kinda sad that they showed his entire appearance.

I loved how Stan's plan to infiltrate the stadium was so needlessly complicated. He could've organized a CIA raid, but no, he went to Cuba and trained to become a real baseball player. Also, Stan and Francine share a lot in common, like their love of Mr. Pibb.

• Love 1

I found this to be the weakest episode this season, on par with some of last season's worst.  There were a few too many Family Guy style cutaway gags and while Steve and Rodger's plot wasn't bad, it didn't work for me (it needed a bit more time).  Stan & Francine's plot wasn't great to begin with and while it had a few laughs the direction they took it wasn't particularly great.  There was the makings of a decent plot but it just didn't come together for me.  

Since the move to TBS, I think the quality has really gone downhill. It's like they're just throwing shit on the wall and seeing what sticks. "American Dad" used to have cohesive plot lines, even if they were absurd, but now it's just a collection of bad one-off jokes and sight gags.

Last year had some pretty good episode.  I really liked the Christmas one and looking at wikipedia, there was about 7 episode I'd rewatch (pretty good).  That said, I agree that the show has gone downhill the past few seasons.  This season's episodes were better than the worst episodes last season but I'd say very few I actually enjoyed.  

Roid-Bullock was a hoot. Oh Patrick Stewart, never leave us.

Man, Steve has some capital-I mommy issues. And only Roger would fake his own death to get out of paying off his credit card.

Jeff's smackdown of Stan was AWESOME.

I remember those 80s mall. Steve and Roger freaking out about the car in the painting was funny. 

Both plots were solid. I could have done with more Hayley/Stan. They don't pair up as much. I liked that she had a 'work headband'. Even the musical part was funny. 

Jeff's smackdown of Stan was AWESOME.

He's always been 100% for Hayley. I always like that. Of course, he drinks water to pee on the fire, but that's a stoner for you. 

I actually have a Discover card. Since 1996!

Yeah, I was pretty bored during this episode. Principal Lewis being the recipient of the fundraiser was the best part. Okay, I also got a laugh out of Roger and his class doing Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation. Mostly because it reminded me of Joseph Gordon-Levitt doing it for Lip Sync Battle.

• Love 1

I kind of liked this one. For a moment, I thought the story was going to be Francine taking the old guy's paper route because she had no money of her own. I thought Dementia Stan was pretty funny.

Roger's plot was surprisingly touching, and I loved the dance number. 

I found this episode pretty lackluster, especially after last week's which I enjoyed.  Rodger's Stand and Deliver parody didn't really go anywhere all that interesting and I've seen better parodies.  Although I liked the joke at the end that he sold them all to China.  

• Love 1

Terry dumped Greg? Sacrilege. I enjoyed Stan & Francine being concerned for Greg's well-being...and then it was taken too far. I'll admit, I wasn't a fan of the plot until the Gator-nado started up. Bullock becoming the Doof Warrior to activate a storm will make anything awesome.

You know, I like Stan when he's a supporting character, even when he's disgustingly fat from a 16 burrito a day diet.

Wasn't a fan of the B-plot with Dream Phone either, but I loved that Roger dressed up as Blossom to track down Dylan (who is now old. And not like the kid in the game)

• Love 1

Terry dumped Greg? Sacrilege. I enjoyed Stan & Francine being concerned for Greg's well-being...and then it was taken too far. I'll admit, I wasn't a fan of the plot until the Gator-nado started up. Bullock becoming the Doof Warrior to activate a storm will make anything awesome.

You know, I like Stan when he's a supporting character, even when he's disgustingly fat from a 16 burrito a day diet.

Wasn't a fan of the B-plot with Dream Phone either, but I loved that Roger dressed up as Blossom to track down Dylan (who is now old. And not like the kid in the game)

Is that who Roger was supposed to be? I thought maybe "That Girl" or Sally Field in her new movie "Hello, My Name is Doris."

How could they break up Terry & Greg? I thought I had missed an episode, because there was no indication of anything previously. 

The weatherman's name was hilarious, even if I can't remember it. Memphis Tornado, or something like that?

I'm glad Frannie got a main plot, and Stan wasn't the one who got her to change her mind. She realized it on her own. Then he was totally down to create a ridiculous storm to help out. I missed why they got free food at Loco's, but it's hard to turn down mexican food. 

I would play that board game and I would play it hard. Of course Roger would want to hunt down his crush. I thought it was funny that Hayley and Steve both sat in the back seat. I think they did just enough with it. *we went to the mall and had pizza now we have the jar*. Everyone else was like, "ok, we're going to stfu now."

The whole Roger storyline with the Dream Phone game is classic Roger. Loved the whole thing.

ETA. Roger was definitely channeling Blossom. I laughed hard the second I saw him.

Edited by Tony
  • Love 1

That was up there with the xmas episode where Santa laid siege to the cabin and Jeff became a member of the family. I have no idea how Klaus grew to be air breathing, fire breathing and gigantic though. Jeff's "whoo hoo!" was great.

I liked how they teased the end during the Ferris send up. The guy in the yard reading the paper had a headline about the collider. And Roger complaining about Stan's tattoos. 

• Love 1

These B-plots on TBS are really up and down.  The Dylan trip was much funnier than Stan eating dozens of burritos every day.  The highlights were Roger's little song to Dylan, as well as all of them singing "I'm So Excited!" in the car.  

With Mike Barker gone, it was only a matter of time before they got rid of Terry.  He hasn't had any real lines since the TBS episodes began, and it's usually past audio that they use for him.  They couldn't do that forever.  They could have found someone else to voice him, but I guess writing the character out was easier.  It felt pretty cheap.  I don't buy Terry bailing on his family to be a groupie.

I know it's naive because we don't know what happened, but I wish they had some kind of agreement with Barker so he could still do voiceover work, at least.  I think he voiced one of the weird scientists as well, since their likenesses are based on him and Weitzman, so they probably won't come back, either.

So is this the series finale, b/c if so I would say they went out with a bang. This was the best episode in a long while since the move to TBS.

Nope, a new episode is scheduled to air 4/11.

Nope, a new episode is scheduled to air 4/11.

I think they have a lot of upcoming new episodes listed. Not just the one on 4/11.

I liked this episode a lot. It really did feel like a classic American Dad episode (and I loved how both Principal Lewis and Bullock were main active cannibals in the episode) but I do have at least two questions:

1. Did all of Roger's personas died in the battle, at the end?

2. Did all of the cannibals died in the battle, as well?

Interesting vacation idea: Every 4 years tour a former Olympic site, knowing that its glory days are behind it. I've been to Lake Placid several times, the fact that it hosted the 1980 Olympics out of desperation by the IOC is one of its main selling points.

Love that Steve was given a special allowance SPECIFICALLY for throwing a party while Stan & Francine were on vacation.

Man, Snot is just sad in the future, isn't he?

• Love 1

I am shipping Lolo Fuentes and Ricky Spanish just for the crowd reactions.

I liked that that Steve threw a party for people who don't go to parties, and then said, "huh, maybe some of these people shouldn't be invited to parties."

I could have just watched Steve and Snot going up and downstairs with their changing future selves the entire time. I didn't need other plots. 

Honestly though, would naked dancing really be that bad?

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2

I am shipping Lolo Fuentes and Ricky Spanish just for the crowd reactions.

I liked that that Steve threw a party for people who don't go to parties, and then said, "huh, maybe some of these people shouldn't be invited to parties."

I could have just watched Steve and Snot going up and downstairs with their changing future selves the entire time. I didn't need other plots.

Honestly though, would naked dancing really be that bad?

*Sigh* to be too nerdy even for the nerds.

As for dancing naked, yes, it could be that bad, depending on how "big" the boys were and if they had "big boy hair" down there. Steve had only one pube, and he lost that.

I love this episode. I watched the older Steve and Snot transformations several times.

And I LOVED both side stories. Francine's "Only if Romania is considered an Eastern European country…" had me rolling. And we all knew Roger's attempt to get back at the waitress would swing hard left. I did NOT expect him to partially scalp her, though. I died.

Francine's "Only if Romania is considered an Eastern European country…" had me rolling. And we all knew Roger's attempt to get back at the waitress would swing hard left. I did NOT expect him to partially scalp her, though. I died.

I always like a glimpse into Francine's past, so her rambling about Romania and having sex in a stadium full of people was funny. Roger's story was OK up until the scalping. I don't like it when he's randomly sociopathic.