Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Klaus turning the family into East German puppets was the last thing I expected to see tonight, but I loved it. I really like it when the cast gets to show off their vocal range, I feel like Rachel and Wendy don't get to voice characters outside of Hayley and Francine much. Also really freaky to hear Roger's voice coming out of Stan. Such a weird, funny episode.

"The CIA installs puppets all the time. Fozzie Bear was the Shah of Iran for seven years."

I laughed really hard at the reveal of Roger's piano being made out of drugs.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I could have done without the B plot for more of the puppets. For some reason, Jeff talking regularly in his panicky voice as the hippo cracked me up the most. Hayley shouting "VikaPEDia!" was brilliant. 

The show was exceptional - how to read crop reports, grammar gulag, the song. All the random East Germanism - tell us if your parents listen to rock music. 

So I assume the 'sharing' episode wasn't downloadable because that was the one where Klaus was as an actual boy?

One of the tshirts was just "Let's do anal". 

• LOL 1

So it turns out that the Channel 3 Doppler Radar is actually a Minority Report-esque Cerebro-esque device that tells the future. And of course Steve only uses it to bet on sports. And it was keeping a Lovecraftian beast at bay.

I got a kick out of Memphis Stormfront's real name being Toledo Tornado. And that "The Nameless One's" name was B'Thazalom.

Roger as Walt Whipman (session whip musician) was really fun. I wish there was more of that.

3 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

So it was all a dream? Or was this another episode that they wrote for a potential series finale? Either way, weird.

Both, it looks like. Good to know it's not really the end.

• Love 2

I got a real big laugh out of Stan yelling "SILENCE THE BOY" and Francine just shoving Steve into the fridge. And Roger calling the cable company to complain that Dr. Phil looked like a fat penis when he wore a tan suit.

Without sex Roger got duller. How would Roger handle Covid lockdown? Not well, it turns out. Meanwhile Stan became as weird as a Roger persona. Also love that he once took a month off of work to play Animal Crossing. I would love to see his island.

What Snot considers hot: big chins, and fat asses. Especially on Steve.

On 12/20/2022 at 6:21 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Well, this Christmas episode was surprisingly low-key. No apocalypse, no evil Santa, no one died…it was just Roger turning into a grinch and trying to reclaim his sex party.

Bullock, Tuttle, Barry's Parents and Principal Lewis I expected to show up to the sex party, but I love that Snot's Mom, Toshi's Dad, and Reggie the Koala all went, too. And Tuttle ended up hosting the next sex party (Tuttle's Ballsackular Bang Bash!)

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1

Stan Magazine harkened back to the rags of the 90s I used to read. But, the real story is Barry's grandmother's last words - Find my killer.

*Everyone* was at the sex party! The Grouch song and verse was fantastic. 

I'm surprised Wise Men circle jerk got by. 

• Like 2
On 12/20/2022 at 6:21 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Well, this Christmas episode was surprisingly low-key. No apocalypse, no evil Santa, no one died…it was just Roger turning into a grinch and trying to reclaim his sex party.

And also the giant talking pair of Jeans showing up at the end.

• LOL 1

Man, this season opened up strong.

So we finally get an episode set when Roger landed on Earth. And the origins of his personas. Loved that Roger's been chased down by (some version of) Bullock since Day One. So is The Fellow Traveler gonna be a one time thing, or are we in for a season arc? Roger eventually does go to Area 51 so he'll meet Stan, but...not right now.

I only knew the characters in Grandma Macadoo's boarding house for fifteen minutes, but I was fascinated by all of them. The atheist preacher that sold bibles that ate hobos was probably my favorite one.

• Like 1

It was kind of refreshing to see an episode where Roger wasn’t the worst. Right up until he double crossed the shapeshifting alien, but still that was pretty good for him.

”Fellow Traveler” would make a good spin-off…

Well, this is false. Everyone knows Planet Express crashed in Roswell in 1947, and Fry is his own grandfather. Choke on that causality!

Not that I care that much, but I thought Roger's crash was because he was an actual crash test dummy. 

We learned how Roger's personas started though!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Once again, Roger’s personalities go to war with each other. You’d think Hayley would learn by now….

And you’d think Stan would have remembered not to cross Barry. He never takes being ditched lying down.

Of course Francine would go catatonic over her beloved Bazooka Sharks bring sold. Good thing Jeff saved the day with his rap.

One COVID joke and they never mention it again? Sigh.

• Like 1

The Bazooka Sharks are leaving Langley?! That was a hell of a rap from Jeff to save the day.

Of course Professor Longbottom was Roger. Loved that he couldn't make Stan crash in the intro this week because he had a class to teach. And of course he's also the football coach, all to distract himself from writing his novel. He's right, writing is hard. 

So Longbottom and Grundy are the best and worst of Roger, much like Jeannie Gold and Ricky Spanish. "Just so you'd know, I was the professor and the coach the whole time." Dead. I'm just dead.

God, loved that Francine managed to Rickroll us through eye twitches. And I love a good Jiminy Glick shout out.

1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

One COVID joke and they never mention it again? Sigh.

Roger managed to catch writer's block, football fever, and Covid in the same day. Yeah, shame they didn't do anything with that.

• Like 1
On 4/3/2023 at 8:31 PM, Galileo908 said:

Ricky Spanish

**Riiiickyy Spannnsihhh**

They don't have just Hayley and Roger plots much, and really, the A plot was most of the show too. I liked when Hayley said, 'oh you're the coach too' because I said the same thing. The line reading of '...just go...' was excellent timing. 

Barry - 'Are you here to have sex with my parents?' There were a lot of quick callbacks.

I've seen old faithful, and I don't remember it being that immense. There's a lot more people there too. 

• Like 1

I laughed a bit that not only was Langley Falls losing the Bazookas, they were losing it to OTTAWA of all places. That city can barely hold onto a CFL Football team and were on the verge of losing their NHL team again. So stealing an American team is extra laughable. 

• LOL 1

I think Klaus's apple salsa was the grossest thing in the episode.

God, a Principal Lewis episode meant we were in for a good time. Loved "into the Christmas tunnel!" and "bullets are my kryptonite!" So it turns out he failed his old students by...actually being an inspiring principal. And then he became a human disaster and definitely went into fucked up uncle territory.

The giraffe plot was pretty silly, but way too short. He had a persona like Roger. And speaking of Roger, love how they never address what he was up to this week. Some kinda Ziggy Stardust persona that stole a mail truck?

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1

I guess it was inevitable that Steve would finally file a complaint against Lewis after one crazy antic too many. And then of course he saves his life and totally redeems himself.

Just now, Galileo908 said:

So it turns out he failed his old students by...actually being an inspiring principal. And then he became a human disaster and definitely went into fucked up uncle territory.

Oh, I think he’s way past fucked up uncle territory. More like the batshit neighbor that’s going to break into your house and throw a party while you’re gone.

That giraffe was adorable. Poor little guy getting traumatized by the deer head in the restaurant. I can sympathize.

Loving Francine's giant afternoon cocktail, and Klaus and Jeff's pleasant afternoons together.

Oh man, gotta love a Jeff/Klaus episode, and Klaus gets a wraith girlfriend. She was so hilariously creepy. Of course Tuttle ends up with her after Jeff got rid of the comb. Good to see the show get real weird this week.

And then Stan had to get his jaw wired shut just before he could eat a ABQ sandwich. Francine just had no chill this week. Loved how Steve just dropped how Francine pissed off yet another beefy guy and Stan was caught in the crossfire again so casually.

Love the visual of Jeff wearing the Lyft mustache. Rolex Gordini was a great Roger persona name.

• Like 1
On 4/17/2023 at 10:31 PM, Galileo908 said:

Oh man, gotta love a Jeff/Klaus episode, and Klaus gets a wraith girlfriend. She was so hilariously creepy. Of course Tuttle ends up with her after Jeff got rid of the comb. Good to see the show get real weird this week.

And OF COURSE Klaus was lying about the wraith and him having sex. Still, it was nice to have one member of the family actually like Klaus. No wonder he forgave Jeff so easily.

LMAO at the return of Old Ulysses.

Poor Stan. Francine really can be the worst, and yet we love her for it.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 1

I actually saw an estate sale today!
Sub Hub is one of my favorite callbacks. The whole sandwich subplot drew me right in. I love sandwiches. 

"Turn of the century strapon" probably takes the series for best line though. 

Franny talking trash is the best version of Franny. "Oh, I thought you came from up your own ass."

• Like 2

According to the CIA, Jeff without his goatee looks like Michael Moore. That's insulting to Jeff. Speaking of, we got a Jeff episode! And this time he gets sucked into a MLM for leggings of all things. And then everyone else gets sucked in, too, and manage to kick Jeff out. Loved that. I loved the visual of everyone wearing leggings with their business wear. I also just knew they were gonna pawn off the leggings on Tuttle at the end.

Of course Roger was the guy at the top. He looked a lot like Uncle Baby Billy from The Righteous Gemstones. Also, totally in character (at least for Uncle Roger) to upper deck the toilet. 

Loved seeing Jeff eating a melty Sonic ice cream bar. And somehow Jeff robbed a bank.

• Like 1
(edited)

Stan’s romantic part of his brain was put into a printer, and of course the printer wants to steal Francine.

Callback to when Klaus was obsessed with Francine!

The gondolier’s song was hysterical. 

The fight between the printer and Stan was priceless. “This is stupid, just give me the gun.” As was Francine calling out the printer for its lack of anatomy.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1

Love the whole family willing to throw hands at whoever wrote love letters to Francine. And being very terrible at setting Francine up with Bullock. Liked the callback of Klaus acknowledging that his one character trait used to be "horny for Francine," and being past that.

I need to hear more about Francine at The Gathering of The Juggalos.

It kinda makes sense why Stan isn't romantic: his Romance Lobe was removed when he joined the CIA and was implanted in Bullock's printer. And naturally tries to kill Stan and wants Francine all to itself. I liked that Stan and Francine knew exactly what was happening, they've been down this road before. Only this show will give the printer a body and want to bone Francine with its loading tray, but it all turned out to be a plan to be killed by Stan as his last romantic gesture.

Shout out to Dr. Weitzman for surviving a three day Bullock Bender. You'd think that's only something Roger or Principal Lewis could pull off. Speaking of Roger, loved that his whole plot was just hide and seek with Stan.

"One good poem and she thinks she's ready for Late Night with Walt Whitman." was quote of the night for me.

• Like 1

As someone that has that voice in her head, this episode reached me.

Okay, the name Rub-Rub Tuggington made me howl. And it’s B-plots like these that remind me that despite all their faults, Stan and Francine are one of the better animated sitcom couples.

• Like 1

Loved Roger regretting naming his masseuse character Rub Rub Tuggington...only to find that name everywhere on his spa. I was dying at the neon sign. And every closeup to his horrible carpal tunnel fingers. 

Nice to see Dr. Penguin again. And Rogu. And Danuta and Nerfer. And a Dr. Slippy product!

I really wanted to know more about Rogu and Spam Anderson. But I was loving everything about the Shed Boys.

The third act with Hayley in Big City Honies should've been longer, I kinda wasn't feeling it. I did like hearing Jason Alexander and Jaleel White in it.

Just now, Spartan Girl said:

Okay, the name Rub-Rub Tuggington made me howl. And it’s B-plots like these that remind me that despite all their faults, Stan and Francine are one of the better animated sitcom couples.

"Instead of leaving, let's have a race to see who can finish first."

"You're on!"

Never change, Francine.

• Like 1

Freaky Franny. 

They had last week with one plot. This week has a whole bunch! 

I thought it was really interesting to get in Hayley's head, but Danuda and Nerfer always thought she was tight because she's married and has a job. 

I have a Groupon! 

• Like 1

"Oh my god, I think my wrist is pregnant." That cold open already made this episode A+ for Francine. Loved the animation of her struggling to put on a sweater while laying on the ground. Yeah, a beer that DIDN'T make you hungover is a miracle. But of course it just gave you delayed hangovers that were way worse. Loved the song, though.

Loved Klaus's beer boys.

Gallagher clearly died while this episode was being produced, but they still went ahead with the B-story with Roger, Hayley, and Jeff with his mallet. That was still fun. Loved that they ended up running over Gallagher and Jeff's Van became the new Gallagher. Massapequa got DADDED.

• Like 1

I never really got hungover. I got blasted out of my minds plenty of time, but waking up, I was never like symptoms on tv. We used to just go to the diner for a couple of hours. And if you're careful; no more shots, stick to drinking the same thing, etc., you can usually maintain. Even if a little too much, sleeping it off usually takes care of it. 

On 5/22/2023 at 10:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

Gallagher clearly died while this episode was being produced, but they still went ahead with the B-story with Roger, Hayley, and Jeff with his mallet. That was still fun. Loved that they ended up running over Gallagher and Jeff's Van became the new Gallagher. Massapequa got DADDED.

You're almost certainly right (Gallagher died in Nov of last year).  It's funny though because the beginning of the story someone mentions Gallagher being dead and it come full circle at the end. 

• Like 1

Was not expecting the villain to be someone Stan screwed out of a house, and planned revenge for years, showing up through the whole show. I mean, it's not the first time we had someone try to steal Stan's identity and family, but probably the first time that completely stole Stan's voice. And definitely not the first time the villain was a psychotic doctor. This was all an excuse to let Seth rest for a week.

Loved that Fran had no problem making out with Stan with his cut out face over his new one, and getting slapped by said face. Never change.

• Like 1
(edited)

So that was a crazy version of Face-Off. Stan’s altered face was MESSED UP. But who was his altered voice?

”I love my family exactly as they are: medium-looking. Except for my wife…SHE’S A FUCKING FOX!” Lmaooooo, and a freaky one to boot.

Only Roger would crawl through a sewer just for an apple.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1

Never watched the show but the ad they’ve been running nonstop on TBS is kinda roping me in:

”Stop that dog with the wig in its mouth!  It’s European!…The wig, that is; the dog is probably local”

I may be uttering that last part in response to stupid questions, all week 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2

“Frantastic Voyage”

Okay, that wasn’t really Dwayne Johnson voicing himself, was it? But that WAS Morgan Freeman at the end! Lmaooooo!

Eww what the hell kind of spiders were in Stan’s brain?!

I get Stan wanting his own friends without Francine hijacking them. I mean, duh, she’s way more awesome than she is, but geez she can tone it down a bit. Or at least include Stan so he’s not left out.

Francine IS awesome. And of course, Stan thinks it's a problem because his friends will love her more.

It took the show this long to do a Fantastic Voyage plot? And of course because it's this show, Stan's body was filled with monopoly pieces and spiders (Bullock warned him!). And the crew he put together to save Francine were the other work friends he sent away. And Morgan Freeman. Loved the Reverse Werewolf. 

Love that Klaus plays as an astrologer in Elden Ring.

Honestly loved Jeff and Hayley's dumb B-plot with the tire.

1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

Eww what the hell kind of spiders were in Stan’s brain?!

The ones you eat in your sleep. The Snapple caps warned you.

• Like 1

THIS was the episode Dan Andsome Handsome came back for! It's always smoosh o'clock when he's around.

This episode really made me realize that Jeff really doesn't have many friends outside of the family. And man, I was bummed that Hayley was paying someone to be friends with Jeff, but Jeff came off way too creepy for him. But huh, Colby got murdered. And all of Jeff's other friends were murdered, too. Was not expecting the Old Timey Photographer to be the killer, but I honestly shoulda seen that coming.

Loved Roger not being satisfied with the wigs for his persona. Got a big laugh out of him crawling out under Hayley's bed and saying that she was listening to him as much as he was listening to her.

• Like 1

I knew Jeff wasn’t the killer. But I thought for sure Hayley was faking amnesia just to get the creepy photo guy off her back. Man, Jeff might be the most tragic character on American Dad: crap dad, friends all dead, and he’s the family butt monkey. Poor guy. Good thing he always looks on the bright side of life.

4 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Loved Roger not being satisfied with the wigs for his persona. Got a big laugh out of him crawling out under Hayley's bed and saying that she was listening to him as much as he was listening to her.

Lmao that was hilarious. But what WAS Rogu doing with those wigs?

Francine’s long nails were just gross. But only she would make the world record for the world’s horniest woman—literally.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 1