Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

You now have to live with the knowledge that Snot's Mom got some on top of her son's corpse.

I thought this episode was fun. I was honestly shocked that Stan and the guys managed to throw the best party ever and Roger WASN'T involved. I did love Roger's businessman persona.

"I macrodose acid every day."

• Love 2

They had me at "Douglath."

So this was a weird one. Francine got turned on by Roger ASMR whispering, while Steve gets a pole through his head and thinks his own letter about a secret admirer is from some girl. I liked the Francine plot even though it was so odd. Withered up Roger was really horrible looking.

"A man would be a fool to refuse a purse pickle."

"Lock the doors until everybody does The Barry." I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head now, thanks.

• Love 1

Episode 21:

"Dammmm, Stan!"

Stan goes to great lengths to find the right couple's activity for him and Francine. Hayley and Steve look into some mysterious markings they find on the doorframe.

Airs August 31, 2020.

I liked it when Roger was a duck. But I also liked that his grill was so tiny he was behind by seven hours.

Okay, I gagged at the whole Lake Man and Vomit thing. Yeah, that was worse then Cleonard getting all his eyes yanked out. Did anyone else think that Stan was way too stupid this week?

I loved how lame the reveal of who Omar was: a kid Klaus saw in a lemonade commercial and imagined how tall he'd be.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I loved how lame the reveal of who Omar was: a kid Klaus saw in a lemonade commercial and imagined how tall he'd be.

But most of all, the reveal was complimented by the return of "YOU GOT ROGU'D!!!!!"

Can't wait for Hayley to get Rogu'd someday.

And, sure enough, when Steve did not deal with the overflowing toilet at the beginning,

I knew that the B-plot was going to end with a callback to the toilet

(although I was expecting the toilet (complete with a huge cascade of water) to come crashing through the ceiling).

I liked it when Roger was a duck.

Expect Roger as a duck to be in the passenger seat of the car next year.

I am wondering what Roger was saying to the other ducks.  "Gotta go.  Carry on without me."  ???????????

• Love 1

Somehow I actually called the mystery guy as Prince.  No idea how I managed that.   Decent episode overall.  Next week is the 300th episode which is also the season finale.

Hard to top "The 200" but we'll see.

• Love 2

There is zero problems with letting the dog lick your ice cream cone. 

I actually love trains. When I was in Tokyo, I was on the train all the time. I wish we could travel by train here more. 

I took the best train ride from London to Edinburgh.

I totally know the 'ass to ass' scene. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 2

"I could think of 300 funny things that have happened to us!"

Oh my god the Golden Turd came back! And here I thought it was gonna be a fake clip show where all the memories were ruined by Roger, because I was all gung ho for that, too.

So shoving the turd back into Roger not only brings about world peace, but also disintegrates into 300 pieces? Sounds about right. Makes sense that Rogu knew where to find Roger's pieces, since he was formed from him and all. Finally, an actual conclusion to the storyline! For now. Makes sense that Stan ended up with it, only to haunt him 20 years later with the family killing each other over it. That was all kinds of great. Loved that the whole "stable time loop" didn't work because it's Roger trusting himself to hide something.

"We've looked everywhere, even Snot's house."

Loved the utopia song, and just about EVERY character showed up in it, even ones that died like Krampus and the Memaris. Loved seeing Isla Island and the Colossal Squid again.

• Love 2

After all the shit Roger has done, it's messing up their Family Feud application that finally gets him kicked out of the house? Sounds about right.

YES! I knew the 300th episode would be about the Golden Turd of Doom! And of course they all kill each other over it. That got dark real fast.  And it all ends with Roger goes back in time to bury it in Boca Raton where they find it in the Rapture episode. Full circle.

Well, as weird as this show has gotten it still helps through this fucking pandemic.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Oh my god the Golden Turd came back! And here I thought it was gonna be a fake clip show where all the memories were ruined by Roger, because I was all gung ho for that, too.

I am so so so glad I was unspoiled. I had a huge laugh when they cut to the Golden Turd. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Loved that the whole "stable time loop" didn't work because it's Roger trusting himself to hide something.

It's come to my attention that this sets up the "Rapture's Delight" timeline since the turd was found in Boca Raton.

• Love 2

I don't why, but Hayley saying 'I have to a blast a shit' killed me. 

I feel bad for Stan because he just wanted a normal Xmas, but of course had to yell at them even in the time loop. The sequence getting through the rink was hilarious too. I'm glad it was a plot point. 

'Motherfuck' wasn't barely bleeped. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 3

Once again Stan gets obsessive over getting a perfect, normal Christmas and goes too far to get it. And unlike "Most Adequate Christmas Ever," it's everyone else that dies but him and Jeff. And looping dozens of times still didn't teach him anything. I did like how everyone died in each of the loops, though, How many episodes is it now that featured someone getting cut in half?

Also loved that Christmas was saved by everyone watching Steve jerk off.

• Love 2

I needed another messed up American Dad Christmas special to close out this trashfire year. And as always, it did not disappoint.

Loved that all Stan had to do was tell the janitor he was in the time loop and the guy knew exactly how to help him. Always trust the wise old janitor!

Died laughing at how it was all stopped by the Genius hacker releasing his blackmail video of Steve jerking off.

Nice Norman Rockwell painting of the Smiths at the end.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2

The complete series is now on Disney+ here in Ireland, and I'm watching the early episodes for the first time since they aired 15 years ago.

These early episodes do not hold up. Most of the characters, with the exception of Stan and Hayley, feel completely different, and most of the jokes don't work at all.

There's a lot of very cringe-y jokes about Stan having people shipped to Guantanamo constantly, or just about foreigners in general. There's much more of a focus on Stan working for the CIA, instead of later seasons where those parts are mostly just treated as a wacky workplace sitcom.

Edited by ApathyMonger

The snakebite montage was so nasty. I thought that was bad but then came the “seed milking” at the cult. I can’t unsee that.

Even with all that venom Roger always cheats death.

Had to laugh at naming the owl Screech.

Jeff may be a moron but he might be the least awful member of the Smiths.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

Jeff was Peak Stupid this week. And wouldn't you know it, it's an episode where Stan is friends with him! But also he doesn't care whether Jeff lived or died. And replaced him (and Roger) with Screechy the Owl. I loved Screechy, I hope he comes back.

Smart Jeff was fun.

Steve continues having awful luck with animals. He kept getting bit by rattlesnakes this time. And then there was Roger, who of course exhausted the world's supply of antivenom with his hubris. 

10 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Jeff may be a moron but he might be the least awful member of the Smiths.

He's certainly the most pure.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Jeff is more stoner dumb than dumb though. They made him a little much here. He did escape the aliens with the ghost of Sinbad. Hayley isn't that smart either. She crashes the car the same as Stan. 

Danuta makes a return. I'm surprised they got a line about her being so wet through. 

I died when the mensa goose had on the scrubs. 

I always have to stop and laugh that the restaurant because it's called Fancy Pants. 

I'm hoping the owl makes a callback. 

Jeff wasn't really smart as much as he was boorish. I knew a guy like that. 

Wow that's quite the setup for a McKinnon foundation now. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic

"That's right, the Russians are doing shit again!" So good to see Bullock again. I love that the CIA partners with American Girl on almost every mission.

It's one thing for Steve to still be in to toys (I'm 34 and still am...), but being into American Girl really seems to be crossing a line. He IS the only person in the cast that would know a creepy amount of information about them, outside of the CIA cast. But Stan getting delusional with his was fun. Loved that his heist team were other American Girl dolls.

I loved that this was another episode where they gloss over potential great B plots in favor of the main plot. Hayley and Jeff switching consciousness was great, as was whatever the other CIA agents were up to. I needed to know more about Boyz 12 slowly getting killed off one by one (it was the old guy all along! And he was killed by the random trampoline on the front lawn!). Klaus as a tax preparer was random, but funny. LOVED that all of Roger's personas pay their own taxes, and it was great seeing everyone again.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you over the stabbing."

RIP Klaus's alcove. Again.

• Love 1

“Russian Doll”

As someone who loved American Girl dolls as a kid, this was a riot. Stan went full on psycho in this one.

”The Russians are doing shit again!”

Bullock continues to win every scene. But Patrick Stewart sounds a little weird. Is he okay? 

The B12 serial killer plot was hilarious. 

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

I don't remember when Steve was in B12. 

My second cousin was into those dolls and they creeped me out. Typical Stan going off the trails though. I lost it when Stan dyed her hair. 

Roger's characters paying taxes was a great gag. 

I can't believe no one said it yet - 

*Ricky Spanish*

(edited)

"Sketches and Laughing! S and L!" 

How awful was Stan that he got kicked out of improv after eight minutes?! Stan singing the Perfect Strangers theme, with Klaus stowing away to his move to Chicago, made me think he was starring in his own spinoff a la Head of The Steve.

Honestly, there's nothing much worse than watching someone not be funny. Well, at least Stan's SandL episode will probably go over better than Elon Musk's episode.

The Roger plot was funny, but I wish "Roger has a non-adventure" was longer. Steve and Hayley aren't alone with being done with Roger's shenanigans.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Boy, Stan really sucks as a stand-up comic.

The Steve roasting at the beginning was priceless. “The last good joke you made was Steve!” Burn.

Was that really Colin Jost? It would have been hilarious if it was.

Man, this makes me eager for my trip to Chicago in the fall. I want that pizza!

I did love that Steve and Hayley finally told Roger that everyone is just done with all his disguises and schemes, which has been obvious for the last couple season. And of course he poisons them. He really is the worst.

• Love 1

Where was Jeff?

Even though it was only a short gag, I cracked up at the drinking card game. We used to play so many of those. Drinking jenga, for one. 

Great animation for the skyline too. 

I can't be the only one who laughed at the dead millennials joke. 

Is 'SNL' trademarked? Because they showed 'S and L' on the sign. 

Nobody on SNL played themselves, sadly.

It sounded like they said 'Colin Jokes' anyway.

I liked 'spy instincts' was just Stan punching the shit out of the bomber. Though, 'talk about bombing' was a good joke. 

Billy has a big brother? Yeah, that's creepy. As was the Barely Human magazine.

It's about time we got a Steve and Jeff plot, and of course it involves following Phish. Loved Jeff's story about watching a family getting stabbed and pretending to not pay attention.

The escape room plot was weird. They decided to live there to "escape" their lives until the place closed because they refused to leave.

• Love 1

We haven’t a Jeff and Steve episode since way back in season one or two when they bonded over that Warcraft-esque game. And it was pretty funny watching them bond at a hippie festival tour.

The Smiths moving into a lame escape room, and it blows up in their faces Twilight Zone style. Classic Smiths.

• Love 1