Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

American Dad

On 6/16/2020 at 11:32 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

Now I'm thinking of the Cilantro song. I was crying I laughed so hard. 

I'm pretty sure Roy Rogers McFreely is my favorite episode. It's both incredibly low stakes and balls to the wall crazy.

"It was me, Roger, the whole time!" I still laugh at that.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 2

Surprisingly, I think my favorite episode at the moment is Rabbit Ears from last season.  Although I'm very fond of Black Mystery Month as well (and Garfield and Friends).  I've been finding these TBS seasons very hit or miss although some of the misses have grown on me during re-watch.  There's definitely some very good episodes each season and even the true misses are somewhat entertaining. 

There's only a few episodes total that I won't watch (not including some of the awful first season episodes),  Love AD Style and Stan's Best Friend.  Although there's a few I'll skip like Baby Franny and Missing Kink if there's something better on.  

• Like 1

My favorite TBS season episode by far is "Stomp Le Monde". Just the right amount of crazy fun, and the sequence of them terrorizing the Sonic to "MmmmBop" always leaves me howling.

• Like 1

Episode 11:

"Game Night"

Stan drags the family to a labyrinth for family game night; Roger gets some geese.

Airs June 22, 2020.

On 6/18/2020 at 9:37 AM, Matt K said:

Surprisingly, I think my favorite episode at the moment is Rabbit Ears from last season.  Although I'm very fond of Black Mystery Month as well (and Garfield and Friends).  I've been finding these TBS seasons very hit or miss although some of the misses have grown on me during re-watch.  There's definitely some very good episodes each season and even the true misses are somewhat entertaining. 

There's only a few episodes total that I won't watch (not including some of the awful first season episodes),  Love AD Style and Stan's Best Friend.  Although there's a few I'll skip like Baby Franny and Missing Kink if there's something better on.  

There are some good episodes from the TBS seasons, but I think they're more miss than hit.

I agree with you about "Rabbit Ears." It's very good, except for the Roger-as-baby B plot. Stan's story was strong and could have been fleshed out a little more, maybe getting the family involved and dumping the Roger plot. I think "The Talented Mr. Dingleberry," with Steve as the "puppet-talker" and Roger as the dummy had some genuinely scary moments (beyond just the evilness of dolls in general). I like "Love American Dad Style" but really only for Hayley's singing. I usually turn it off before Roger goes full-on crazy. Is "Stan's Best Friend" the one with the dog? Yeah, I don't do dog episodes of any show. (I will never rewatch "Jurassic Bark" of Futurama.)

One of my favorites is "Ricky Spanish." (*whispers* Riickyyy Spannnnishhh)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

(I will never rewatch "Jurassic Bark" of Futurama.)

Who does? 

• Like 2

An homage to Labyrinth, with Bullock as David Bowie the Goblin King?! I died.

LOL that "Toxic" played every time Stan was a bad loser. Good for Jeff being the the one to finally call Stan out on his shit.

Roger is sick. Only he would raise geese, name them after the Friends characters just to make his own foie gras (which I'd never eat) only to wind up making it out of his own liver.

Seth and the writers must be on something because these episodes get more and more nuts.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 2

Bullock as the Goblin King was something I never knew I needed.

Stan being a bad loser at game night with the family humoring him, and stubbornly trying to complete a labyrinth by himself only to shack up with one of the goblins in it was classic Stan. Yeah, I loved how his behavior was always punctuated by "Toxic." This show, man.

26 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Roger is sick. Only he would raise geese, name them after the Friends characters just to make his own foie gras (which I'd never eat) only to wind up making it out of his own liver.

Weirdly enough, also Classic Roger. I also couldn't stop thinking about how much he looked like David Crosby.

"I'm not doing sex dice with my family."
"You don't have to invite the family.

Got a big kick out of that.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I also couldn't stop thinking about how much he looked like David Crosby.

Thats funny. That was my fist thought when he walked in the door. It just occurred to me, could that have been intentional making him look like that for a foie gras episode since Crosby had a liver transplant? This was a weird enough episode to believe that the writers were tripping so that angle wouldn't be too surprising.

• Like 1

First, I want to know what sex dice is. 

I'm not surprised Stan is a sore loser all. 

I did like that this was an entire family story, obv minus Roger, but he needed to deal with the geese. 

I did like the essay too. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic

On 6/23/2020 at 7:01 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

First, I want to know what sex dice is. 

They're a pair of dice but instead of numbers, one die has actions and the other has body parts. You role them and whatever comes up, you do to your partner. There is an episode of "Bob's Burgers" where Bob and Linda use them, but Bob always ends up with "Lick foot". I can't remember the episode title. Edit: "The Belchies" Season 2 episode 1.

Edited by ZoqFotPik

Episode 12:

"American Data?"

Steve and the boys take part in a prison experiment to earn some cash. Meanwhile, Stan deals with the death of his CIA groundskeeper friend.

Airs June 29, 2020.

This was worth it to see Steve & the gang be asses to Tuttle. All because Steve blew $100 on a tiny backpack made from the scrotum of a duck. All for calf implants. This show.

Dr. Ray is alive! And then he got blown up by a leaf blower. That was a weird subplot.

Anyone else think this show ran out of ideas?

• Like 1