Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/16/2020 at 11:32 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

Now I'm thinking of the Cilantro song. I was crying I laughed so hard. 

I'm pretty sure Roy Rogers McFreely is my favorite episode. It's both incredibly low stakes and balls to the wall crazy.

"It was me, Roger, the whole time!" I still laugh at that.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 4

Surprisingly, I think my favorite episode at the moment is Rabbit Ears from last season.  Although I'm very fond of Black Mystery Month as well (and Garfield and Friends).  I've been finding these TBS seasons very hit or miss although some of the misses have grown on me during re-watch.  There's definitely some very good episodes each season and even the true misses are somewhat entertaining. 

There's only a few episodes total that I won't watch (not including some of the awful first season episodes),  Love AD Style and Stan's Best Friend.  Although there's a few I'll skip like Baby Franny and Missing Kink if there's something better on.  

• Love 1
On 6/18/2020 at 9:37 AM, Matt K said:

Surprisingly, I think my favorite episode at the moment is Rabbit Ears from last season.  Although I'm very fond of Black Mystery Month as well (and Garfield and Friends).  I've been finding these TBS seasons very hit or miss although some of the misses have grown on me during re-watch.  There's definitely some very good episodes each season and even the true misses are somewhat entertaining. 

There's only a few episodes total that I won't watch (not including some of the awful first season episodes),  Love AD Style and Stan's Best Friend.  Although there's a few I'll skip like Baby Franny and Missing Kink if there's something better on.  

There are some good episodes from the TBS seasons, but I think they're more miss than hit.

I agree with you about "Rabbit Ears." It's very good, except for the Roger-as-baby B plot. Stan's story was strong and could have been fleshed out a little more, maybe getting the family involved and dumping the Roger plot. I think "The Talented Mr. Dingleberry," with Steve as the "puppet-talker" and Roger as the dummy had some genuinely scary moments (beyond just the evilness of dolls in general). I like "Love American Dad Style" but really only for Hayley's singing. I usually turn it off before Roger goes full-on crazy. Is "Stan's Best Friend" the one with the dog? Yeah, I don't do dog episodes of any show. (I will never rewatch "Jurassic Bark" of Futurama.)

One of my favorites is "Ricky Spanish." (*whispers* Riickyyy Spannnnishhh)

• Love 1
(edited)

An homage to Labyrinth, with Bullock as David Bowie the Goblin King?! I died.

LOL that "Toxic" played every time Stan was a bad loser. Good for Jeff being the the one to finally call Stan out on his shit.

Roger is sick. Only he would raise geese, name them after the Friends characters just to make his own foie gras (which I'd never eat) only to wind up making it out of his own liver.

Seth and the writers must be on something because these episodes get more and more nuts.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2
(edited)

Bullock as the Goblin King was something I never knew I needed.

Stan being a bad loser at game night with the family humoring him, and stubbornly trying to complete a labyrinth by himself only to shack up with one of the goblins in it was classic Stan. Yeah, I loved how his behavior was always punctuated by "Toxic." This show, man.

26 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Roger is sick. Only he would raise geese, name them after the Friends characters just to make his own foie gras (which I'd never eat) only to wind up making it out of his own liver.

Weirdly enough, also Classic Roger. I also couldn't stop thinking about how much he looked like David Crosby.

"I'm not doing sex dice with my family."
"You don't have to invite the family.

Got a big kick out of that.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I also couldn't stop thinking about how much he looked like David Crosby.

Thats funny. That was my fist thought when he walked in the door. It just occurred to me, could that have been intentional making him look like that for a foie gras episode since Crosby had a liver transplant? This was a weird enough episode to believe that the writers were tripping so that angle wouldn't be too surprising.

• Love 1
(edited)

First, I want to know what sex dice is. 

I'm not surprised Stan is a sore loser all. 

I did like that this was an entire family story, obv minus Roger, but he needed to deal with the geese. 

I did like the essay too. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
(edited)
On 6/23/2020 at 7:01 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

First, I want to know what sex dice is. 

They're a pair of dice but instead of numbers, one die has actions and the other has body parts. You role them and whatever comes up, you do to your partner. There is an episode of "Bob's Burgers" where Bob and Linda use them, but Bob always ends up with "Lick foot". I can't remember the episode title. Edit: "The Belchies" Season 2 episode 1.

Edited by ZoqFotPik

Episode 12:

"American Data?"

Steve and the boys take part in a prison experiment to earn some cash. Meanwhile, Stan deals with the death of his CIA groundskeeper friend.

Airs June 29, 2020.

This was worth it to see Steve & the gang be asses to Tuttle. All because Steve blew $100 on a tiny backpack made from the scrotum of a duck. All for calf implants. This show.

Dr. Ray is alive! And then he got blown up by a leaf blower. That was a weird subplot.

Anyone else think this show ran out of ideas?

• Love 1

Episode 13:

"Salute Your Sllort"

Steve's efforts to befriend a Swedish exchange student backfire in a big way; the family calls in an animal behaviorist to deal with Klaus.

Airs July 6, 2020.

I enjoyed the family gaslighting Klaus over raising the thermostat two degrees. I said last week that the show ran out of ideas, and the family just wanted to go "out of town."

“You can’t just get someone hooked on someone then just take it away! It’s called McRibbing and it’s torture!” Too true, Klaus.

Barry had the best lines tonight. "You got the flu buddy?" over Snot puking at the dead bodies in the murder cave was great.

I was disappointed that Sllort WAS the real killer, but turning out to be a literal troll was something I should've seen coming. (seriously, they went the Troll 2 route and her name was Trolls spelled backwards.)

• Love 2

One of my favorites is "Ricky Spanish." (*whispers* Riickyyy Spannnnishhh)

Love Ricky Spanish (Riickyyy Spannnnishhh). One of my favorites is Hurricane. I don't really know why but it just cracks me up. Even though I find a lot of the TBS episodes hit or miss, I still enjoy them.

Sllort.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Love Ricky Spanish (Riickyyy Spannnnishhh). One of my favorites is Hurricane. I don't really know why but it just cracks me up. Even though I find a lot of the TBS episodes hit or miss, I still enjoy them.

Sllort.

I enjoy both of those.  For Hurricane, the look thebear gives Stan when he hits Francine with the javeline is great.  Really that episodes has so many good moments.

• Love 3

I like the character of Billy, but not when he's overused like he was in this episode. 

As a side note, I couldn't remember his name and I googled "American Dad sickly kid".

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Comic Con is going to be free online this year due to COVID-19 so everyone can see the American Dad panel! It hasn't been assigned an official timeslot yet so be sure to check the Comic Con website in the next week or so!

American Dad!
Ever wanted to learn how to draw one of your favorite American Dad! characters? Now is your chance, join show supervising director Brent Woods as he teaches the cast and executive producers how to draw Roger. Grab a sketchbook and pens and learn to draw everyone’s favorite alien alongside Rachael MacFarlane, Wendy Schaal, Scott Grimes, Dee Bradley Baker and EPs Nic Wegener and Joe Chandler as they chat about the current season and look toward the series' 300th episode airing on TBS this fall.

Episode 14: 

"Ghost Dad"

Stan struggles to cope with the untimely death of his father; a simple canoeing trip does catastrophic damage to Hayley and Jeff's relationship.

Airs July 13, 2020.

Oh hey they acknowledged that Jack used to be Krampus. I honestly forgot that he became human again. And now he's dead.

"So far this chase has been badass."

Jack-possessed Steve was so great. All of this just to steal the original pitcher of Arnold Palmer. This show.

• Love 2

I didn't see the body switch coming. I figured it would be Jack just stuck in the house. 

And the Arnold Palmer was brilliantly ridiculous. If you look behind it, there's a picture of Palmer drinking it in a lawn chair. 

I liked the b plot too because the canoe was so random. Of course Hayley had a Wiccan phase. 

Roger liked the museum too. That cracked me up. Mary Tyler Moore had her dress there. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

The funniest parts to me were all towards the end. Stan being a good dad only to Steve, "Yes Steve, climbing out of your subconscious is exactly like mountain climbing." The Arnold Palmer, Mary Tyler Moore was a home run, and Klaus saying "Oh, and Steve made love to an old lady probably." 🤣

• Love 2

And Puerto Rican Charlie was the guess for the d&d character. 

It was only one line in the car but Steve was going on about whether Stan was going to smack him and Stan just said 'uh no.' So I suppose it's good that they didn't hit the kids. 

• Love 2

Now this was the funniest episode in a while. Stan, Roger, and Jeff getting sucked into Klaus' bachelor party...which turns out to be a front because Klaus got dumped. So they steal back his stuff from his ex, and wind up screwing Klaus over again.

The B-plot with Francine and Hayley getting stuck with Patton Oswalt's lame stripper was a hoot. Oh Franny has the best line as usual: "I'm trying to get hot with my daughter not my son!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Klaus is getting married!

Oh and there was one time ten months ago Roger dressed as Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Oh so I have to spend the weekend without hanging out with EITHER of my parents?! I HATE MY LIIIIIIIIIIFE!" Oh, Steve.

I loved both plots. Patton Oswalt as the gross stripper was great. Stan's half-burnt face was so disgusting. And why was I not surprised that Klaus lied about the wedding? And kept lying? He deserved to get screwed over at the end.

Edited by Galileo908
  • LOL 2

This was a pretty good one. I wonder if they paid the eight bucks since they were charged double for two strippers haha. I liked that they brought Shoshanna back. I thought the last episode she was in was pretty funny. Just the fact that Klaus had a girlfriend was cool but putting out the cigarette on her tongue and her eastern European family taking over Steve's room had me rolling🤣. I hope they bring her back occasionally.

Episode 16:

"First, Do No Farm"

Concerned that Hayley is too soft-hearted, Stan attempts to make her farm tough by turning the house into an urban homestead.

Airs July 27, 2020.

Okay why would Stan care about Hayley being too soft? That's something I expect out of a Steve plot. Still Stan sucks as a dad.

Weird Al!!!! Great song with "Rabbitage"!

I don't know what grossed me out more: Hayley killing the rabbits or Roger creating his own rabbit spawn.

Lol at Stan and Francine doing it in the closet.

• Love 3
(edited)

Of course Hayley freaks out over Tom Green dying, then freaks out MORE when it turns out to be a prank.

So...Klaus is a Scientologist now. I liked that they kept trying to discouraging him.

"Aww shit, I'm-a get shunned, aren't I?" The farm plot was overall dumb, but I loved Amish Roger, Stan calling Francine "Mom," and the image of a Barn owl holding a shotgun while riding a coyote. Also loved all of Roger's animal outfits. The rabbit one was really good, I have to admit.

I was dying at "Rabbitage." They actually got Weird Al for this. Yes. It completely redeemed the episode for me. Kudos for not going for the easy fruit with "Amish Paradise."

1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

Lol at Stan and Francine doing it in the closet.

"Mother, may I?" in the cupboard! Poor Steve, everybody/thing was getting laid in this episode except him.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

So wait, this episode was held over for an anthem kneeling joke that doesn't even show it?

I was so hyped to seeing Wheels & The Legman, Clip Clop, and Jeannie Gold again...but Roger just HAD to flake on his other personas for Dick. This was all just for Roger to cry over Dick, right? I laughed at it.

I also laughed really hard at "TWO DAYS AGO?!" 

• Love 2

"What. Am I. Supposed to eat. Steve?!"
"...Deez nuts?"
"...Your silver tongue has gotten you out of trouble yet again."

That was great.

I honestly should've seen the Canadian reveal coming. but I like how hard Steve went with the Canadian bits. Even turned Klaus into a moose. OF course the DNA test was all a scam. Again, should've seen the organ theft coming.

I also loved just how hard Hayley and Francine went with ham theft. Francine being obessed with witches just made me laugh.

"I'M Tuttle! That's MY secret shame!" Tuttle seems to be taking quarantine well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Finding out you're Canadian wouldn't exactly be a bad thing these days, though of course it would be for Stan. Not that it matters since the whole thing was just a scam for people to steal Stan and Steve's organs. Oh this show and its nasty visuals...

Klaus being put in a moose body was hilarious. Too bad he couldn't stay that way for a while, it would be a nice break from being the family's bitch...aside from Roger going Elmer Fudd for moose season.

Francine and Hayley going undercover at Sub Hubs was worth it just for Francine hunting witches. Never change, Franny!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2