Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The Smiths on the Amazing Race is something that should've been done ages ago. Because it was great. I also love that Klaus somehow won.

At first I thought I was gonna get annoyed at the Tiny Thai general, but he was hilarious.

Just now, Spartan Girl said:

I could watch a whole episode of Klaus channel surfing with commentary. And he wound up in the giant balloon!

Same here.

• Love 2

Wow, we get to see Dr. Kalgary again. And he's getting married. That whole cold open was weird, in the good way that this show is known for.

Of course Roger is the weird cat owned by Francine's real dad.

It was weird seeing seeing Francine being the ass of the family just neglecting everyone else like that, but of course it bites her in the ass. Wasn't expecting Hunger Games/Battle Royale just to save on a phone plan, but I figured the stuff Stan stumbled upon was gonna lead to something.

• Love 1

So we're all ignoring the fact that Stan already met Francine's rich jerkass birth parents? Okay, at least the continuity that they are monsters remains. Going all Hunger Games for a phone plan? Yikes.

Roger playing the family cat was hilarious.

Loved the rendition of "Rockin' Robin/Robert".

"You'll probably p-p-piss your your pants!" "Dry those bitch tears and tongue kiss me!" Oh Franny, how I adore you.

• Love 3
On 8/7/2017 at 9:30 PM, Spartan Girl said:

So we're all ignoring the fact that Stan already met Francine's rich jerkass birth parents?

There has been a few plot points that have popped up on the TBS version of American Dad where I've been like, "Oh so we're just going to ignore the Fox version?" I did love "Rocking Robert" mainly because I'm always here for Steve singing.

Edited by BloggerAloud
  • Love 1

I did like that Stan turned the car right around to save Franny.

That was really bizarre for though, but Steve was just trapped on an island weaving baskets, so ok. 

I also liked that they all rolled their eyes when they saw Roger was the cat. "You really commit." 

Good to see the Bazooka Sharks again. And now we're adding Die Hard to the mix. Which was all pretty funny. Apparently the staff knew that bombs were placed all over the arena and they didn't tell anyone?

A bomb that goes off during silence was pretty clever. It's weird how they don't really explain how Johnny Concussion was able to pull off the whole plan.

• Love 1

Another Stan and Hayley episode, and a Die Hard spoof to boot! Hilarious!

I admit I wasn't expecting Johnny Concussion to be the ringleader. Hard to believe he keeps surfing all that brain damage, even in a cartoon.

Tie for the big LOL of the night is between Stan's impressions of Steve and Francine, and Stan and Hayley desperately trying to stop the bomb during the moment of silence.

• Love 1

I went to college with Parker Deay, so it's always funny to see his character appear (he's the balding kid in checkered shorts and sandals who offered Stan the two beers. He looks exactly like that in real life.)

On 8/14/2017 at 7:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

And now we're adding Die Hard to the mix.

This was actually an homage to "Sudden Death" a Van Damme movie, and a pretty good on too. People being held hostage in a luxury box, bombs scattered throughout the arena, bad guy masquerading as the mascot, good guy masquerading as a player during a key play, good guy's childeren being captured by the bad guy, final confrontation taking place on the roof and ends with the bad buy falling to the ground while trying to escape, all happen in that movie.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, ZoqFotPik said:

This was actually an homage to "Sudden Death" a Van Damme movie, and a pretty good on too. People being held hostage in a luxury box, bombs scattered throughout the arena, bad guy masquerading as the mascot, good guy masquerading as a player during a key play, good guy's childeren being captured by the bad guy, final confrontation taking place on the roof and ends with the bad buy falling to the ground while trying to escape, all happen in that movie.

The scene inside the AC duct ("come out to the game, have a few laughs!") was directly from Die Hard 

Flesh eating text bubbles are a piece of absurdity I've been missing from this show. Crack shipping is also a piece of absurdity I've been missing from this show. Seriously, this is an episode that NEVER would've flown on Fox, and I thank TBS for it. We just saw an alien and a fish having sex. Multiple times.

And Roger of course was afraid of being alone, he just has his voices that go with his many personas. So 30 days of solitary turned him into Jim Carrey? I can deal with that.

Where did Stan's D20 come from? It needs to be used more.

EDIT: Steve's plot ended weird. Steve got out of pullups by crapping himself, and that meant he kept his dignity? Oh, Steve. And then Hayley got pinkeye so bad she became Daredevil? Also weird.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

TBS really has made this show edgy and twisted. Klaus and Roger hooking up was like watching crack fanfic right before my eyes, complete with fan art. And of course Roger is the one that takes it too far and goes batshit crazy.

Poor Hayley. Pink eye sucks.

Only Steve would shit himself to get out of a fitness test.

"That's my belly button, asshole." Never change, Barry.

• Love 1

Stan and Steve open up their own father-son garbage business after Stan inherits his father's old truck; Roger finds Hayley is a natural at bumper pool and brings her to play with the best player in town.

This was hilarious. I like Stan and Hayley episodes and when they're both typically competent. I don't know why at the end that they just didn't sing the anthem or happy birthday 10 times or something. Although listing black actors was funny. 

This is season 12, ep 20, not season 4 ep 12. 

I liked how Steve just walked away from Roger's story. Yeah, bumper pool is definitely a season 12 plot device, as was Stan & Steve becoming "garbage men." I do like plots where Stan and Steve bond.

Of COURSE Roger was South Dakota Slim (and his dad), who didn't see that coming? Loved that Hayley just walked out on that plot just like Steve.

• Love 1

Ventriloquist dummies scare the hell out of me. No shock that Roger would turn out to be a psycho killer dummy, but the fact that it was caused by the makeup? I don't buy it. Roger is an evil sociopath, the toxic makeup notwithstanding.

Skinny Barry was disturbing.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

Ventriloquist dummies scare the hell out of me. No shock that Roger would turn out to be a psycho killer dummy, but the fact that it was caused by the makeup? I don't buy it. Roger is an evil sociopath, the toxic makeup notwithstanding.

Skinny Barry was disturbing.

I agree, Skinny Barry was creepier than Dummy Roger. Roger's always been a diva, and I'm pretty sure that this isn't the first time he's resorted to murder to get on top.

• Love 2
On 9/4/2017 at 8:36 PM, Galileo908 said:

I agree, Skinny Barry was creepier than Dummy Roger. Roger's always been a diva, and I'm pretty sure that this isn't the first time he's resorted to murder to get on top.

They showed all the notes on the shelf at the end, so Roger keeps forgetting, but it looked like he did it tons of times. 

• Love 1

An Old West episode! This was a fun one. 

Ironic that Bullock and the CIA guys were the vicious outlaws and Hayley the prim farm girl. And of course Francine is the dancing girl.

Love the callback to Roger being super fast to help Stan shoot all the bad guys. And Roger disguising his own corpse as Stan.

• Love 1

I love it when "American Dad" takes chances and does episodes like these. And it was a complete story, with no swearing. Too often these days, the episodes just stop, as though the writers can't think of a way to end the story, except maybe to throw a few "shits" in there. 

I kind of expected more from Hayley's story about her family on the farm -- maybe that the land was valuable because of the railroad coming and that's why they were killed.

Also loved the callback to Roger's superspeed, from one of my favorite episodes, when Roger is Jenny Frumdeblock.

Edited by SmithW6079
15 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I kind of expected more from Hayley's story about her family on the farm -- maybe that the land was valuable because of the railroad coming and that's why they were killed.

I thought that was exactly why they were killed.

Episode 23:

"Santa Schmanta"

When the Smiths are too busy preparing for Christmas to pay attention to Roger, Roger turns his attention to Steve's friend Snot. Snot teaches Roger about Hanukkah, prompting Roger to convert to Judaism. Roger then decides that he can make Hanukkah more popular than Christmas by stealing Santa Claus' powers and becoming Schmanta Claus. But, being Roger, he abuses his new Schmanta powers. leading the Smiths and Snot to find the real Santa Claus in an attempt to take down Roger.

Airs December 25, 2017.

It took the show this long to cover Channukah. Well, Santa's finally dead so now it's Roger's turn to ruin Christmas. It was okay, I guess nothing will beat the time Roger was the dictator of Bananarama.

I love little side-stories, like Francine and Greg being at the same rager (and kissing).

"Maybe next year no one will die."
(everyone laughs)

Sounds about right.

• Love 1

Yay, we get a Christmas episode -- on the actual day, no less!

Love the rip on The Santa Clause plot. Of course Roger would ruin Channukah for his own gain. But him and Roger singing while crashing through the mall was hilarious.

Are we going to get more new episodes anytime soon?

• Love 1

This was fairly tepid for their Xmas episodes. I did like Stan saying "of course" when Roger was on TV. 

And Franny kissing Greg at the rager and then being pissed at him. 

I guess since Roger going off the rails isn't really a new plot that they could have been more creative here. 

Discuss Season 15 here!

Episode 1:

"Paranoid Frandroid"

Francine finds comfort in her show Morning Mimosa from the outside world until she finds Roger hosting a conspiracy convention in the attic. When Stan forgets his lunch before leaving for work, she follows him and finds out that he purchased the show and has been secretly running (for several years, according to Stan) it to shelter her. Meanwhile, Snot's mother's new boyfriend Del has the pair move in with him and Steve and Klaus are excited to help him turn his new basement bedroom into a bachelor pad.

Airs February 12, 2018.

Poor Snot. He finally had a decent father figure, then his mom has to mess it up by messing around with Klaus.

Nothing Stan does shocks me anymore. This is like the 15th time he's brainwashed Francine in some way. Running her favorite show isn't even the worst thing he's done.

On 2/12/2018 at 10:34 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Poor Snot. He finally had a decent father figure, then his mom has to mess it up by messing around with Klaus.

Nothing Stan does shocks me anymore. This is like the 15th time he's brainwashed Francine in some way. Running her favorite show isn't even the worst thing he's done.

Plus he won like 5 daytime Emmys.  How could Francine be upset with that.

That was a pretty good episode.  Both plot lines were pretty enjoyable.  Love Snot and Steve trying to pick up girls.  So bad at it.

• Love 1

I liked how Roger's character was dressed like Langly from the lone gunmen on the X Files, and then they dropped a "trust no one."

I loved Snot's finished basement. But they of course are so awful. 

I don't know if I was buying Francine always being to be sheltered, but I can buy her flying off the handle with Roger. I love when they get their own plots because it's usually off the rails.

"When you sat on that fish's face" might be the best quote of the show.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1

Of course Stan would be the only person gung-ho for the census. I did like seeing that one guy who looked like Roger, who ended up not being yet another persona. And then Ice-T saves Hayley and Stan from a Buffalo Bill-like old lady. This was an odd one.

So Klaus becomes Anne Geddes with Steve and the boys, but focusing REALLY hard on Barry. Again, an odd one.

• Love 3