Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I've been watching! I've missed overly weird American Dad. I'll agree, Roger as Madonna was great, it was so totally him.

You just gotta wonder how Klaus knows all those people in Florida. Loved the Dole Whip shout out.

Loved seeing the Morning Mimosa women again. What was Day Three going to be? I feel like either they never said what it was, or I missed it.

• Love 1

I thought the show took a break. I don't think E5 was recorded on my DVR, so I ended up watching this one first. 

I mean the whole joke how Snot is poor, but. Jewish. So wrong and so hilarious. 

Wow, Franny's been pregnant *4* times!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

By the way, is this show thread dead? Nobody else still watching?

I still watch. I'm not a fan of separate episode threads for sitcoms and animated shows. I think it cuts down on interactions. 

41 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Wow, Franny's been pregnant *4* times!

Well, technically Francine's had four children. I hate that they ignore that she bore Greg and Terry's daughter, and there was "Bailey," Hayley's twin, whom she and Stan didn't vaccinate in the episode where Hayley is a sleeper agent. 

• Love 2

Allright, finally back to the weird Christmas episodes! Love how they referenced, well, most of the past ones. It's good that there were consqeuences to that shootout with Santa a few years back. And I never expected a Christmas story tying into The Epic of Gilgamesh. Well done.

No surprise that Roger uses Grindr, and that the Christmas Park is a popular spot for it.

Ha, Roger's bible is a D&D Monster Manual. Loved Grandpa Krampus coming back, and as a Baltimore bus driver. 

EDIT: Jeff is halfway to Jimmy Buffet's yacht. Will we follow up on that? This season seems to be following an arc with Jeff and Hayley.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

Yup, after all the messed up Christmases the Smiths have had, it makes sense they'd plan to skip it by freezing themselves. And of course Steve is the one to mess it up...

Had to laugh at how they attempted to grab Steve and run without giving a crap about Santa's master plan. You just can't escape monologing! And I love Francine suddenly being a Gilgamesh expert and sassing Santa over it. 

Love the return of Krampus Jack! Guess he can't be the new Santa after all, since Santa is still alive, LOL.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Allright, finally back to the weird Christmas episodes! Love how they referened, well, most of the past ones.

I like that there's xmas continuity even though it's out of show continuity. I don't really have a problem with Santa wanting to end xmas. I kind of want it to end too. 

I'm fanwaking that Frannie knew so much about Gilgamesh because of the episode where you could take the pill to give you 8 hours rest. 

• Love 3
On 12/20/2016 at 0:31 AM, ganesh said:

I like that there's xmas continuity even though it's out of show continuity. I don't really have a problem with Santa wanting to end xmas. I kind of want it to end too. 

I'm fanwaking that Frannie knew so much about Gilgamesh because of the episode where you could take the pill to give you 8 hours rest. 

No, she devoted all her time to discovering the location of the colossal squid.

I love that they seem to have such fun in skewering Christmas, and I love evil Santa.

One thing I love about this episode is the shout out to Woodlawn (where Jack lives).  It's funny because I live near there when I was growing up.  Although to be fair Social Security is headquartered there so it's possible that's how they pulled the name out. 

Steve becomes the town pariah after he convinces the star quarterback of the arena football team to stop playing; Roger forces Hayley to become a cab driver to pay him back for her gambling debts.

Klaus gets transferred into the navigation system of Stan's car when Stan refuses to pay for life-saving surgery; Steve and his friends prank Roger, who then terrorizes them for revenge.

Francine becomes less attracted to Stan when he gets involved with slot car racing; Roger becomes a stewardess to perform comedy routines on planes, but is upset when another stewardess is funnier than him.

And here I was wondering how Francine had friends we've never seen before...and they only show up when Francine's trashed. Loved that.

Of course Roger's comedian stewardess rival is played by Natasha Leggero and he's not having it. I'm also a sucker for little meta bits like how he didn't want the kids to look at Francine & Stan's plotline.

Man, Stan turned into a nerd so quickly the second his slot car obsession was discovered. It was just sad.

• Love 1

Fannie's cuts from talking to Stan on the phone to coming out all garbled and smashed killed me. Then suggesting she sleep with Stan. 

Mel's tattoo was great. 

I mean, I don't mind Stan's got a slot car hobby. It kind of came out of nowhere. It was worth it for the tattoo joke. 

Sorry though, Helen Mirren was always hot. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1

You know you're low on the high school food chain when the Little Rascals are giving you crap.

this was fun. Steve and his friends turning into goth witches and Lewis as a witch hunter. Good thing they hit the reset button at the end because it would suck if he were killed off for good.

Biggest laugh of the night was the shot of the guys hover-peeing.

Biggest gross-out was Steve having the jock slave chew his food for him.

• Love 1

Twanderlust Lumpkin is one of the best Roger names I've heard in ages.

So...we officially have magic in this show, but I loved it. The guys can understand Toshi now! And of course Principal Lewis was a witch hunter.

I also loved how Stan & Klaus's nostalgia for 90s bands eventually became a podcast and a music fest. I, too, love remembering Collective Soul.

1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

this was fun. Steve and his friends turning into goth witches and Lewis as a witch hunter. Good thing they hit the reset button at the end because it would suck if he were killed off for good.

I love that they still remember everything, and Barry knows what it's like to be dead.

• Love 1
On 4/17/2017 at 8:36 PM, Galileo908 said:

I also loved how Stan & Klaus's nostalgia for 90s bands eventually became a podcast and a music fest. I, too, love remembering Collective Soul.

I heard Sex and Candy the other day. I HATED the Spin Doctors. LOATHED. My horrible friend knows how to play Two Princes on the guitar and did it on FB video so I couldn't kill him in person.

The best part was all of them understanding Toshi. I did like their goth outfits though and how all the magic involved butterflies. This was weird even for this show. 

• Love 1

This was a weird one. Roger suddenly has a family he's ungodly abusive towards (and shoots himself to escape them), and Klaus became Stan's car.

A Zagnut-themed chop shop gang? Okaaaaay...

Barry's fantasy was great, and I figured that it was all a hallucination after being hit by Roger's car.

CILANTRO. That song makes me piss myself I love it. I still sing it to my dog randomly. 

I was actually hoping the show would flip it up and put Klaus in a snake or iguana. Still something you keep in a tank but it opens up some plot if he can move around a little more. 

I did like the pile of cougars Stan apparently fought off. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Love Francine pretending to be a spy. "The Beaver" indeed. But yeah, real spy stuff ain't like James Bond.

Klaus is such a perv.

This is like the second time this show has killed off Jay Leno.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1
(edited)

The CIA records all their spies' seductions and shows them at an award show. I loved that for whatever reason. Also great: Apparently the award show (at least Most Elusive Villain) is just a sting operation for The Falcon...who never falls for it.

"We're so bad."
"At eating."
Bullock was great again tonight.

I liked that Hayley & Steve were really on board for Roger's Car Guy/Revenge on Jay Leno phase. They were looking forward to THE MAIL. It's been 14 years, they're finally bored. Yeah, the Classic Car Night at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank is a real thing, and Jay Leno is a regular at it.

And of course Roger was Gallagher back in the day.

This episode was stupidly funny, just how this show should be.

EDIT: Klaus designing a Geocities-like site for The Beaver was great.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

That Turt Locker fake-out was great.

Man, Arena Football is more brutal than I thought it would be.

Of course Roger would be the kind of jerk to force Hayley to be a taxi driver, having her only pick up his multiple personas, and not charge himself.

Jemaine Clement was in this? Where was he?

• Love 1

First of all, Frannie in the bikini and jeans at the football game? More of that plz. 

I felt like there was enough here for a couple of episodes. I would have been fine with more Steve on the island, and I definitely would be into Hayley driving a cab.

• Love 2

The family competes on the reality show, "The Bitchin' Race", but after Stan and Hayley ditch the less-motivated Steve and Francine to team up, they end up in a Tunisian labor prison.

Stan becomes addicted to dying after Roger tricks him into thinking he had a heart attack; Klaus takes Steve to Arizona State University for a college visit, where a fraternity hazes him.

Roger runs off in disguise as a Julia Roberts character to a small town after Stan hurts his feelings; Steve plans a meeting when he finds out that Jeff and Barry have never met.

Steve is upset when Snot threatens their summer camp fun by becoming a counselor-in-training; Hayley and Jeff are suspicious of Roger when he organizes a "Burning Man'" reenactment for their anniversary.

(edited)

"I always forget how poor you are."

I also have to love that subtle nod at how time doesn't seem to pass on this show as Jeff doesn't know how many year's they've been married. Steve's been what, 14 for the entire series, it almost seems like he's regressing. He got hosed by 10 year olds (and then 8 and 6 year olds!), that's a new low. 

Loved seeing Stan & Francine enjoying Burning Man, and Klaus tripping on acid was the best.

EDIT: American Dad remembers Mr. Furley. Er, Gotye.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Meux=Moe's. Real subtle, show. And wow, Rosie O'Donnell as the bar lady!

I don't blame Hayley for not trusting Roger. Shocked that for once he actually did something nice, though it's typical that he'd sell his own organs.

LOL at Klaus tripping acid and hallucinating Pepperidge Farm snacks coming to life.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

LOL at Klaus tripping acid and hallucinating Pepperidge Farm snacks coming to life.

There wasn't enough of Klaus tripping.

And yeah, I thought I was hearing Rosie's voice as the bar lady. Also good to hear Jeff Ross. He also didn't get enough to do.

• Love 1

I honestly don't know who was more out of it in this episode: Steve or Roger.

Was very amused by the concept of Roger posing as the battered wife Julia Roberts played in Sleeping with the Enemy only to wind up the sacrifice of a crow cult.

• Love 1
(edited)

I figured a whole episode with Roger running off as Julia Roberts to (the City of) Townsville was gonna be super weird. All for recreating Francine's wine.

Have Jeff & Barry not met? I do love how Steve quickly became the man of the house (and off the deep end) when he was arranging the meeting.

TO BE CONTINUED...in a month for some reason. I hope Barry & Jeff's project comes out great.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

That was bizarre, but when Roger commits to a character, he commits. That was a good B plot. "I have to give Jeff his bath." I have no idea why Klaus and Steve fighting was a long time coming either. 

Why such a long break between episodes? Why finish the season in the summer?

Man, I have this sudden urge to go to a Fuddrucker's. Shame there's none near me.

This was a plot I'd definitely see in the early years: Stan lourds his physical over everyone else, then acts as unhealthy as possible when he gets a (sort of) good bill of health, then gets addicted to reliving his memories when Roger keep almost killing him because he fears getting old.

Ha, asking a question in class is the minimum requirement to graduate (Valedictorian!) from ASU.

• Love 1

Stan has done so many awful things he was already destined for hell anyway.

Klaus being a frat leader/torturer for the win! "Hot sauce pee-hole"...so wrong and so funny.

LMAO Satan telling Rachel Ray to fuck off.

• Love 1

The family competes on the reality show, "The Bitchin' Race", but after Stan and Hayley ditch the less-motivated Steve and Francine to team up, they end up in a Tunisian labor prison.

Yeah, I wasn't buying Stan going right to heaven though I enjoyed this episode.

The best joke was Stan in the bathroom calling Roger and then hearing the phone ring. 

Love watching Stan and Hayley on the same side for once. And quite frankly Steve and Francine were acting like ninnies. If you go on a reality race, you don't go lolligagging around!

Was not expecting the evil general to come back.

I could watch a whole episode of Klaus channel surfing with commentary. And he wound up in the giant balloon!

• Love 3