Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So is this the series finale, b/c if so I would say they went out with a bang.  This was the best episode in a long while since the move to TBS.

Nope, a new episode is scheduled to air 4/11.

Even better... this show is renewed, so it's coming back next season.

Not too surprising that Roger now has an entire persona factory. It used to be just in his closet. And yeah, there was almost every classic persona hung up in there. Definitely noticed Ricky Spanish and Wheels in there.

It was only a matter of time before Roger took over someone else's persona, right?

I really liked how the Cross Fit instructor left by throwing  dumbells into the air. That had to be the best gag in the whole episode. 

The Roger plot reminded me of the movie, The Talented Mr. Ripley and of course he would try to take over that woman's life and also send both Francine and her onto a barge. 

I thought Roger was playing a long con, but he actually went kind of crazy. I also would like to know why Franny thought the barge was "pretty great."

Klaus throwing the party was hilarious because I couldn't figure out how he could have posted on craigslist. All those people were too much. Some guy just cuts Hayley's hair and someone else spoons with Jeff. 

I watch the reruns of "American Dad" almost every night on Adult Swim, and the other night was one I always enjoy -- "AT: The Abusive Terrestrial," the spoof of all those Lifetime women-in-danger movies, with Roger finding a new boy, who ends up beating him. It's spot-on, down to the dialogue -- "Why does he stay, Hayley, why does he stay?!" -- and right to the ending, with Roger triumphant over his abuser.

The Stan and Francine story with Mr. Pibb is OK, but not the same caliber as Roger and Steve's. I didn't even know Mr. Pibb was an actual soft drink; I thought it was made up for the show.

Is it good?

It's delicious!

It's basically Dr. Pepper. I thought it was only sold in the eastern seaboard/south. I never saw it in New England, California, and now in Idaho, you can actually order Dr. Pepper basically everywhere, which is new to me.

Turns out I'm right!

http://www.pibbthug.com/history/ 

I grew up in Oregon and we had Mr. Pibb at our movie theaters, for the most part.

• Love 1

Thanks, ganesh and OnceSane for the info on Dr. Pibb. Since I am from the Northeast I never heard of it while growing up and I thought that this show just made up some soda that sounded like a national brand (like Dr. Pepper. Which was something that I do know exist in the real world). 

I loved everything about the WIDOWS! story. I actually enjoyed it more when it got sad & horrifying. Of course Roger would go full Mad Men when she got the marketing genius gig.

I also liked Francine nearly calling Steve a pussy for only wrestling for the pageantry (taking a page out of South Park a bit).

The wrestling was bizarre. I did like that Franny got to see Stan in action. He is actually good at his job. I don't see why she can't have her own job though. I like how Roger has all these things with each of the family. Widows, Wheels and The Legman, etc. The shot of the Mad Men couch cracked me up.

• Love 1

This was an odd one. The LARP plot was just lame enough to be interesting, but I got the biggest kick out of Hayley as the dolphin trainer. OF course this show would have a Sea World have players from the Miami Dolphins as attractions, then sell them off for tuna.
I don't know how to feel that places are no longer "Dad'ed." Except Bend, Oregon.

• Love 1

I would have had more sympathy for Francine if she hadn't shit on Steve to live out her princess dreams.  Plus, she married Stan--she knew what she was getting into.

The "OceanWorld" plot was hilarious!  I loved Hayley being a great trainer of both the Miami Dolphins and the orca.  And Hayley setting them free and having a "Free Willy" moment made me laugh and laugh.

And was that Nathan LARPing with the rest of the kids?  Ha!

It seems that the writers have just decided "Fuck it!" and go surreal this season. I kind of like the absurdity of recent episodes.

I wish they would ease up on Francine trying to horn in everybody else's things. Give her her own interests. Still, I always get a kick when she refers to her wild past.

• Love 1

Did she really know what she was getting into? Maybe. Maybe she's getting to a point in her life where just being a housewife isn't enough. I like that Franny has had a lot of stuff to do lately.

Hayley training the "dolphins" was hilarious, but her actually training the whale sold the joke. 

• Love 2

Man, this felt like something out of the earlier seasons (although Steve's been to Regular Mass on several occasions, right?). And I liked it! And there's gonna be a part 2! I'm excited to see where this clusterfuck goes from here.

• Love 1

The whole family "ah, shit" cracked me up. I'm surprised Stan was so uber religious, though it quickly unraveled in about 5 minutes. The Fiona Apple music video scene in the basement cracked me up too. 

Funniest moments have to be Francine's/Hailey's worried reactions to Stan's crazy long gasp and Suck Boy Tony (probably has something to do with it being my name).

Stan and Francine lose their memories and resort to primitive living on an island; Jeff enlists in the Navy after he and Hayley are rescued; Roger and Steve survive on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean.

On 5/11/2016 at 11:20 PM, ganesh said:

The whole family "ah, shit" cracked me up. I'm surprised Stan was so uber religious, though it quickly unraveled in about 5 minutes. The Fiona Apple music video scene in the basement cracked me up too. 

Stan's always been religious. I was surprised his faith unraveled so quickly. 

I loved the animation when he and Steve were debating the accuracy of events in the Bible. The Noah's Ark experience sounds like it would be a hoot.

On 5/11/2016 at 7:39 PM, Tony said:

Suck Boy Tony (probably has something to do with it being my name).

Oh, really? ;-)

The narrator's incredulity was the best part. I find Jeff being in the Navy somewhat believable because I can't see him doing more than menial tasks. 

I know they were saying "ooon-gok" on the island, but when Stan walked out of the lake, I swear Franny said "oon-cock."

• Love 2

Steve's plot was exceptional. Especially having the principal in on it. All the randomness, Snot going to his grandmother's house, the secretary in the closet.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was only interested in Steve's song-story. His "milk and cookies" falsetto had me rolling for minutes :)

Edited by Eri
  • Love 1

What the fuck was Steve's story? I found his falsetto grating to listen to. Half the town in Snot's living room -- everyone was sleeping with everyone else? Greg has a new boyfriend? Stelio slept with Bullock? Argh!

• Love 1
(edited)

Wait, WAS that the season finale?

As far as episodes go, it was okay. I also wasn't shocked that Roger was behind everything. I figured that cast on his arm was another contract, and I was waiting for Roger to bring it up.

Edited by Galileo908