Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Okay, this episode was better than last week. Stan gradually turning into Frankenstein's Monster seemed more...mundane of a twist this show normally puts out, but then it revealed he was hallucinating and it made it better.

"Damn, it said 'dong gave me AIDS.'"

"I've just been getting railed."

I wish we saw more of Carol, the grocery store clerk that kept screwing with the microphone.

(edited)

I did love Hayley getting revenge on Stan by letting him suffer through the hallucinations longer at the end.

Also Francine's rant about the grocery store was gold. Better episode that last week.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2

Francine's rant about the grocery store was gold

I loved that too even though I knew from the beginning it would end up she wasn't talking to anyone.  Since when has Francine really had any friends?

I still think i'm done w/ this show.  I like this show more when it's off the rails and the A-plot is more crazy Roger centric.  I really feel like they neutered him with the network switch.

• Love 1

I still think i'm done w/ this show.  I like this show more when it's off the rails and the A-plot is more crazy Roger centric.  I really feel like they neutered him with the network switch.

Which is ironic since TBS has looser standards than Fox does.

This has definitely been a very weak season.  It got kind of good with episode 4 (with the previous episodes being pretty bad) but the last two haven't been that great either but this was a lot better than last week's. 

I liked the Steve B plot but Stan becoming The Monster seemed lazy.  Stan getting into texting was decent though.

Hopefully they can do better next season because there were a lot of misses this season.

Which is ironic since TBS has looser standards than Fox does.

"We're the network that says 'shit' now. It means we're edgy."

I thought this was pretty bad. The funniest parts were Steve's dive at the public pool, which made me laugh out loud, and Hayley's revenge on Stan.

• Love 2

I understood what they were trying to do with Fung Wah. I just didn't think it was good or funny.

Yeah, I feel like I've seen a million "meta" jokes about corporate sponsorship resulting in cheap plugs for products in the shows themselves.

As soon as the characters started mentioning Fung Wah, I thought, "Okay, I get it." And then they just ran the idea into the ground.

Hopefully, they'll get back in their groove. I thought the first season on TBS was kind of weak. Their main accomplishment seemed to be able to use the word "shit" in dialogue.

Yeah, that season was weak but hopefully they do find their groove again. 

Also, doesn't American Dad have a bunch of unaired episodes from the days of the Writer Strike or were they able to show them all while they were on FOX?

It's been a while, hasn't it? And the year off did wonders for it, I thought this was the best episode in a while.

So Stan got attached to a tree because he didn't have his dad? Makes sense to me.

I don't know why, but Fat Roger disguises are just funny on sight. It also makes sense that Roger's company would drop a construction bid...and is then picked up by another construction company run by Roger (who somehow had a human brother).

Steve realizes that, as a cartoon character, he doesn't grow.

• Love 1

Roger's disguises continue to get crazier and crazier backstories. I loved Stan's reaction to Roger having a human twin brother and a photo of their mother (who was Roger): he starts to ask, then decides he's 100 percent done with that shit.

• Love 5
I don't know why, but Fat Roger disguises are just funny on sight.

Especially when he removed his Frankie disguise and his face morphed into the fat face of the other asphalt guy. I like that the family knows when Roger "knows a guy" that it's going to be Roger.

I didn't care for this episode. I thought the tree story was stupid, and I never quite understood what was going on with Steve's B-plot.

• Love 1

The only thing that bothered me was why not just transplant the tree? Stan must have some wacky CIA tech to do that. 

Stan's whole "oh ffs" when he walked into the other construction company was hilarious. The payoff of Roger playing the fat guy playing the brother. 

I like that the family knows when Roger "knows a guy" that it's going to be Roger.

It only works because we know they each have on of Roger's guys that they don't know. 

Roger's disguises continue to get crazier and crazier backstories. I loved Stan's reaction to Roger having a human twin brother and a photo of their mother (who was Roger): he starts to ask, then decides he's 100 percent done with that shit.

Best part of the episode.

• Love 2

Yeah, that's a different James Hetfield as the water polo coach. Who just looks and sounds like the James Hetfield from Metallica. Any excuse to shoehorn "Master of Puppets" into anything is fine by me.

"No, those are MY boobs!" Seeing Giant Klaus make out with the reporter was funny and creepy at once.

I enjoyed Stan & Roger as Boat Men, but I wish I saw more of it. They're a great pairing when they scheme together. And of course Roger would insure Jeff's life and not the boat's.

"Look at all the melanomas on his arms!"

I wasn't too fond of the endings to either plotlines, but I enjoyed the rest of it.

• Love 1

I wouldn't have minded just an A plot with Steve and Franny being vaulted into the Cool Mom position. The whole boating plot would have been good for another whole episode. I would have liked Jeff more involved because it was his one thing he could do. 

Steve cracks me up because he's always going on about "touching boob." But that's all he ever says. I like when shows have their own lexicon. It's Always Sunny always says "bang".

There hasn't been much of a Steve/Klaus story, so I'm good with it. And Klaus got the weekly "shit" dialogue in. 

Edited by ganesh

Very funny, although Stan's adoration with the tree bordered on stupid at times.  But I loved Roger's sad sap persona balanced with the asphalt guy.  "Man, I really wanted this pour."

Bit that had me screaming: The creepy German doctor singing what he was going to do to Steve to the beat of Houdini's "The Freaks Come out at Night."  Just killed me.

"I don't remember any of this, probably cuz drugs..."

Oh man, Fish & The Jeffman was amazing. And Roger giving them a C&D was the perfect capper. I hope Joe Chandler becomes a recurring nemesis for Jeff. I'm still mad about them dropping the ball on the outer space plot.

The ending to the pork plot was weird, but I can't say I saw it coming.

Man, if I saw a baby seal being clubbed to death when I was six, I'd be bitchy too.

The Fish and the Jeffman was the best part. And Dr. Penguin hypnotizing the jury--the first time he actually fixed a problem instead of making it worse, LOL!

• Love 1

After a string of disappointing episodes since its move to TBS, this episode was really enjoyable. It was nice to see Hayley have a lead role -- everyone, in fact, was used, even if Steve's story was separate from Hayley's.

The pig reveal was hilarious. "This isn't an ambulance, it's a hambulance!" Although they took it to extremes, the bit with the slow cooker highlighted something I've always wondered -- if experts recommend putting away food within two hours or cooking food to a certain temperature, how can you leave something out cooking at a low temperature for hours on end?

Fish and the Jeffman was good, but it was total copyright infringement -- the opening was an exact duplicate, frame-by-frame of Wheels and the Legman. Roger was justified this time.

You know, say what you want about Jeff, but he actually cares about Hayley and loves her the way she is...which is more than I can say about her parents, who once again took full advantage of her being brainwashed.

I agree, Jeff does love Hayley, but to be fair, all the Smiths take advantage of each other as soon as one family member shows a weakness.
  • Love 2

Steve's plot didn't have much to it, but his line readings were great: You should be in that cooker, you filthy pig. 

Did Jeff know that Roger was Dr. Penguin? Before he knew that Roger was alien I recall he saw through the disguises. I get the plot, but it would have been easier to scoop up Klaus in the net. I still enjoyed it. 

Man, the NSA gets all the good stuff, even better celebrity narrators. The CIA gets Billy Bob Thorton, while the NSA gets George Takei,

Hey, a Seth Green character finally got to meet Steve. No shock he was beaten by Stan for being a nerd. And for some reason I love how Steve calls Stan "papa."

I liked that Stan wasn't really mad enough to kick Steve out of the house, and that it was all part of his plan to get revenge on the NSA. Yes, it was awful that he was making fun of Steve....but Steve's wusiness can be tiring.

I was also relieved that Hayley didn't really eat a gorilla, and that the guy was just scamming her. I was NOT expecting her Purge to take such a dark turn. I'm not a full blown vegetarian, but my rule is I don't eat anything that's cute.

• Love 2

Oh, I lived in Tokyo. I couldn't eat the octopus. I had to fight off dry heaves. I like that Hayley would give in to eat meat once a year, and I thought this would have made a better A plot. I was dying about her fantasy of the three guys. There wasn't much to the NSA plot. 

I totally got George Takei right off the bat.

I thought it would be revealed that the floppy disks were rigged somehow and the whole plot: Stan not understanding computers, bringing Steve to work and making fun of him, Steve attracting the attention of the NSA and betraying Stan, would have been an elaborate plan to get back at the NSA for the ping pong table. I guess I think a little too much of Stan.

Because I watch too much "American Dad," Hayley can't ever get pregnant, supposedly, because of the time she spent in the "goo," where Stan would send them to make false vacation memories so he could do his own thing. 

To be fair (and to also show how much I watch this show) didn't Hayley and Jeff "used" Roger's amazing healing cream for themselves? You know that cream that was able to regrow Stan's legs at Area 51?

I loved that the premise of the episode came out of which character's plots would ruin Stan's day off. Of course Hayley wasn't gonna be pregnant, Jeff has lethargic sperm from all the weed he smokes. Also, it's an alien clone body so who knows if he even has sperm? God, I still hate how his plotline ended.

Patrick Stewart as Bullock continues to be the best part of any episode. Leave it to Bullock to run on Medium High, as opposed to the Super High that sends Stan on his missions.

• Love 1