Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

"Oh god, it's one of the ones where they're friends." Boy that explains so much. But I loved Stan and Jeff pretending to be frontiersmen. Man, the reveal that they were camping in the backyard was perfect. And Rogu was there! He ate his sister. And I love that Klaus hates Rogu (and Stan loves him).

"You got Rogu'd."
"Every freaking time!"

I thought Rogu was great in this.

I LOVE Francine and the PBS Bang List. "You know that Fred Rogers can get down." I also loved Francine's Cheers parody song. So apparently Francine DOES go wild, one happy hour at a time.

Tuttle got a mention in passing!

I love that Irish currency is in McBucks.

• Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I LOVE Francine and the PBS Bang List.

This is just the random and insane shit that I like about the show. 

I was going to ask if Franny's song was Cheers. 

I can totally buy Franny going to the airport bar to unwind, and that she knows more about marriage. 

GREAT Frontier joke. 

Tampoons. 

Nice callback to the van. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2

Episode 12:

"Stompe le Monde"

Stan inherits money from an uncle's estate after the uncle passes away, and he decides to use the money to buy the rights to a Broadway production.

Airs July 1, 2019.

My uncle just died and it turns out I'm his beneficiary for his IRA so this is certainly timely.

I love it when the entire family goes full stupid, like buying a 10 pack of leather jackets for a NYC trip. And to not hire a director for a production of Stomp and going town to town scamming people. God, I LOVED the Smith's adventures in New York. I love that Steve's girlfriend was fifty but LOOKED fifty-seven.

"There's only one Chelsea Handler and she's a goddess!"

Of course Tuttle not only auditions for Stomp, he's on the poster. 

Buckle auditioning over the phone is the hardest I've laughed at this show in a while. "STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! CLAP! CLAP! BROOM! BROOM! BROOM! TRASH CAN LIDS! BROOOOM!"

Roger sticking hanging off the van with his dick in the gas tank is now one of my favorite images from this show.

• LOL 1

Episode 13:

"Mom Sauce"

Steve’s life is turned upside down when Snot gets rich after his mom starts selling a new dipping sauce. Klaus, Stan, Roger and Jeff become mall fashion show models.

Airs July 8, 2019.

God, I LOVED the entire bit with Roger's thought bubble.

Apparently going to any Orange Julius and asking for it "Julius Style" gets you a big bowl of fried chicken gizzards.

Snot's Mom's Mom Sauce is such a great name, it's right up there with "Stan's Food Restaurant." Yeah, it's totally just like "Ice Ice Baby" over "Under Pressure"...it's just better. The fact that it was just Newman's Own Ranch dressing was such a great reveal.

"One plus one equals...you poor!" Love Principal Lewis.

I love that all the guys became frail for a fashion show and nobody noticed.

• Love 2

Interesting that Barry is now the voice of reason among Steve's friends. Did the writers just run out of good lines for Toshi?

Roger's thought bubble was a hilarious sight gag. As was Snot's mom trying to shank Steve. And Klaus with the "spank-mag."

Roger, Jeff, and Stan being anorexic models was nasty.

Of course Francine lies about all her stuff being homemade.

Last week was still my favorite episode of the season.

• Love 2

The anorexic look was creepy but good artwork. I like that Hayley was not having any of it. 

I didn't think for a second that Franny made her own dressing either. I like the pizza place was called Pizza Overlord. 

I liked the bit of Klaus being Stan's secret valet. Other than that, I thought both the main and B plots were stupid. Of course Roger would screw Stan over the second he got into the ham club. And of course he'd be poisoning the hams too.

• Love 1
(edited)

"Greg The Egg? I can scare him."

I'm all over Ham Club. I'd kill for slightly better ham. And trips to Six Flags. But where was the Hambulance?!

I loved Francine's whole plot on scaring Greg.

"Those bones look broken. I suggest you get to Maine immediately."

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Episode 15:

"Demolition Daddy"

Thanks to Roger, Snot discovers his dead father was a demolition derby driver. Hayley takes Steve on a road trip, so he can learn to drive.

Airs July 22, 2019.

(edited)

I absolutely love that they're continuing Hayley working at SubHub. 

On 7/22/2019 at 8:02 PM, Galileo908 said:

Oh boy, the thunderstorms around here knocked out my DVR and a bunch of channels tonight, including TBS. I won't be seeing it tonight, I'll try for Sunday.

I watch on my tablet with the tbs app. 

Vehicle is the perfect song. 

I was dying when Hayley yelled 'smoke em if ya got em'. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic

Episode 16:

"Pride Before the Fail"

Roger tries to force Hayley into graduating from community college so he can move into her room. Klaus repairs Francine’s car.

Airs July 29, 2019.

"My father's name is Dad!"

Of course Tuttle is the guy teaching Snot how to drive. And promptly had a heart attack.

Heh, the MRI was made by Fung Wah.

This episode was so delightfully silly, Snot's mom building the entire house around the Red Rammer was my favorite part, followed by the Donkeys dying trying to slide into their cars.

"I got the dystrophy, Barbara! The dystrophy!" Of course Roger had a persona that knew Snot's dad, and of course stole his car the first opportunity he had.

I wasn't feeling Steve & Hayley's story too much until it dovetailed into Snot's, then it got great.

• Love 1

Hayley's been in community college for 14 years, its about damn time she graduates. I'm with Stan, she needs to move out already. Or at least stick to living in Jeff's van.

I love that Rogu has a ska band! And apparently it's terrible.

I love Roger personas that are overly straight laced like his college student one this week. Gotta love committing to killing it off so Hayley gets a sympathy A. I thought Lacey was pretty boring compared to other schoolgirl personas he had (like the one in Head of The Steve), but I liked that it was the point.

Yeah, I loved the "stud finder" bit, too. So great. And that he has a character that gets stuck in elevators, and who needs to get food poisoning first.

"This apartment looks perfect for us."
"This is a picture of a cup."
"I'm thirsty."

I seriously think Jeff works best in small doses.

• Love 2
On 7/29/2019 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

I love Roger personas that are overly straight laced like his college student one this week. Gotta love committing to killing it off so Hayley gets a sympathy A.

As soon as I saw Roger doing it I knew what was coming. My roommates and I in undergrad would encourage each other to jump out the window so we could get As. Such an awesome joke.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

I love that Rogu has a ska band! And apparently it's terrible. 

They've been doing a good job with continuity this season with Rogu, SubHub, and the van.

Uncooked salmon is a very vivid color.

'Game respects game'. Great way to outdo one another.

I loved how Klaus suddenly turned into a mechanic and Steve learned Spanish.

• Love 1

OMG all the different names for the butt-blasting hot sauce were hysterical. "Anal Holocaust" for the win!

I love how the family were laughing over Francine dreaming about sex with Jeff. But of course Stan got all bent out of shape for it. Stanforatu turned out to be too much even for him.

I loved the Lady and the Tramp references, complete with Roger as the racist Siamese cats. So wrong yet so funny.

• Love 2

"My bullies LOVE Batman!" I liked the bit with all the sack lunches. Of course that Francine would dream about making sandwiches before having sex with Jeff. And typical Stan solution to stop Francine having Jeff Sex dreams: Prevent Francine from falling sleep. Forever.

Dr. Penguin is still dead, but we have his twin brother (by marriage) Dr. Buttblast (NOT the guy from the hot sauce). Also, loved Roger's hot sauce discussion, and his song where he becomes the Siamese cats from Lady & The Tramp.

We've had an episode that taught that eavesdropping was wrong, but we haven't seen it as Inception before...right? I could listen to Bullock talk about disgusting sex all day.

Everything about this episode was fantastic. Stanferatu was great, as was telling Steve he'll probably have to go live with Tuttle.

"Then I'LL have sex with Jeff!"
That's some Galaxy Brain thinking right there.

• Love 2
On 8/5/2019 at 8:30 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I loved the Lady and the Tramp references, complete with Roger as the racist Siamese cats. 

I remember the song - we are siamese if you please. Were the cats racist in the movie? 

On 8/5/2019 at 8:31 PM, Galileo908 said:

I could listen to Bullock talk about disgusting sex all day.

Did you see there was a picture of Chris Pine on the wall when Bullock was sitting in front of the fire? The other picture looked like it's was of an ice cream cone. 

Wow the end though. Stan had Jeff's hat on. He was giving it to him. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
20 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Did you see there was a picture of Chris Pine on the wall when Bullock was sitting in front of the fire?

Sure did!

20 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I remember the song - we are siamese if you please. Were the cats racist in the movie? 

They probably would be now? Then again, they're pretty mild compared to the Siamese cat that shows up in the Aristocats.

https://youtu.be/jCqv6ucVrgU?t=1m54s

• Love 1

"Tell that idiot that pieces of shit are supposed to go in the toilet!" Damn, this episode got dark FAST. The family is cruel over laughing at one person (see last week), but dangling Klaus over the disposal and laughing about it? Yeah, I'd be done, too.

Time skip time! Steve actually became successful and hates everyone! Toshi married Francine (and learned French!), Francine divorced Stan and he's got a restraining order! Roger has a drill and is open about being an alien! Hayley and Jeff had a bunch of kids! Klaus switched bodies with a nun!

"No poors in the core, baby!"

Loved Hayley's funeral version of All Star. Yeah, KLAUS is the most important Smith because he's the person everyone craps on.

Well...the family controlling Klaus's body Voltron style to pleasure a sexbot was not where I thought this episode was heading, but here we are.

• Love 2

Nice continuity with Steve and Snot starting their own tech company. And OF COURSE he has his own jerk-off robot.

So this episode was basically the equivalent of Meg agreeing to be the whipping girl in order to keep her terrible family together. Not gonna lie, after how terrible the Smiths were to Klaus, I was kind of hoping that the episode would end with Klaus just letting them burn. 

5 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Well...the family controlling Klaus's body Voltron style to pleasure a sexbot was not where I thought this episode was heading, but here we are.

I died.

• LOL 1
On 8/12/2019 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

Toshi married Francine (and learned French!),

She thought he was Snot though.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

And they did an anime style battle with cool visuals.

I'm not sure how far into the future this was, but Stan has been a capable agent. Being divorced doesn't surprise me, but I have a hard time seeing him not being a lifer at the CIA. I suppose he might have gotten forced retirement or something.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:37 PM, Spartan Girl said:

So this episode was basically the equivalent of Meg agreeing to be the whipping girl in order to keep her terrible family together. Not gonna lie, after how terrible the Smiths were to Klaus, I was kind of hoping that the episode would end with Klaus just letting them burn. 

Part of the reason I stopped watching Family Guy was Meg was the whipping boy who existed for no other reason than to be shit on by the others. I lost interest in Rick and Morty for the same reason -- Jerry the dad exists only to be the loser. I  never realized until now just how much Klaus had joined them, because he used to have a less loser role.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Part of the reason I stopped watching Family Guy was Meg was the whipping boy who existed for no other reason than to be shit on by the others. I lost interest in Rick and Morty for the same reason -- Jerry the dad exists only to be the loser. I  never realized until now just how much Klaus had joined them, because he used to have a less loser role.

I hear you. But unlike Meg, Klaus has taken plenty of opprtunities to get some of his own back on the Smiths. I wish this episode had been one of those times.

• Love 2

"Dinner! It's what's for dinner."

It was nice to see Danuta back, albeit briefly.

"That's enough turning around." I loved Roger's commitment to switching places with his personas, and that he was upfront about being the expert of the week this time. And man, I loved Roger as an eccentric mountain cook. Francine having to cut off & cook Roger's leg and feed it to him to properly learn cooking was just the best.

Stan's plot was just so weird. But it was nice to have an excuse for Paul F. Tompkins to be in the show.

• Love 1

Was not expecting the episode to turn to cannibalism. 

Francine's commitment to following the recipe reminded me unpleasantly of Marge Simpson. But when she started threatening the cooking teacher, I was, "Phew, there's my girl."

I loved Roger telling her right off the bat that her new teacher was going to be him.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Francine's commitment to following the recipe reminded me unpleasantly of Marge Simpson. But when she started threatening the cooking teacher, I was, "Phew, there's my girl."

Marge is at least VERY enthusiastic with how lame her cooking skills are. (Later seasons started pulling off stuff very much like the rest of the Smiths in the crawl space, though.)

Episode 20:

"The Hand that Rocks the Rogu"

Steve babysits Roger's ex-tumor, Rogu, to prove to Francine that he's ready for the responsibility; Stan and Francine get into trouble in their respective clubs.

Airs August 26, 2019.

Man, this was a great one.

"Why are curly fries more expensive anyway?" So true, Steve. 

Francine "babysitting" with the "strawberry gun" was amazing. Also, I couldn't stand to look at Roger's ugly teeth. Also, I'm surprised Bullock wasn't in the Exotic Foods club. I'd bet he'd bring human meat.

I was betting that giving Rogu candy would trigger some kinda Gremlins thing, and of course I was right. Feeding them candy makes them multiply, while screentime makes them grow. And then it turns into Honey I Blew Up The Kid. And then it turned into ET. And feeding him shellfish turns him into Cthulu. Makes as much sense as anything else. 

I laughed REALLY hard at Buckle beatboxing, and Tuttle's car getting shoved up Rogu's butt.

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Roger's ugly teeth.

That's what makes Roger the perfect skanky whore. haha. I'm still laughing to tears over that whole segment. Rogu sucking on the water spigot and the toy car in his butt

• Love 2