Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

"WHY do you make it so hard to love you?" Has this show tackled DnD before? I feel like they did, but I liked it here. So Steve combines DnD and Baseball and pretty much invents Blernsball? I'm here for it.

Yep, totally Roger to create actual drama in the house to replace Sex Hospital (love that show name btw). I loved that Francine kept breaking the fourth wall, like she can't picture Jeff and Hayley as a couple, and everything about Klaus.

Apparently bluebird seduction is a crime?

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

So Steve combines DnD and Baseball and pretty much invents Blernsball? I'm here for it.

I can't wait to see this. I love ridiculous games. I totally lose it on MULTIBALL MULTIBALL MULTIBALL every time. 

• Love 2

Episode 2:

"I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story"

Francine tries to be a better friend to one of Roger's personas who is selling her homemade jeans on TV. Stan and Steve swap eyebrows.

Airs April 22, 2019.

Man, they're using Tuttle a lot lately, aren't they? Richard Kind is getting work, so I'm not complaining. Hell, even Klaus wants to bang Tuttle.

Totally American Dad to start out with Roger wanting to sell homemade jeans off the home shopping network, and then the jeans turned out to be evil. Or at least a spaceship or something? I loved that Dee Bradley Baker was using his Olmec voice for the jeans.

I liked the total absurdity of the Freaky Friday plot with Stan & Steve's eyebrows when they looked exactly the same, when it turned out EVERYONE noticed them.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

I love when Franny swears her head off. 

I like when they don't even play about Roger - are you going to change into the other character now?

They don't do Franny and Roger plots too much. I like when they do though because Franny always goes off the rails. 

Steve was more concerned about having to tell a story to prove he wasn't a virgin than kill terrorists. They haven't shown a CIA mission in a while. 

• Love 2

We've all had a Steve Going Bananas moment. Seeing him do that nude was incredible.

Wow, nice to see Rogu is part of the cast now. Also, we got a Libby sighting.

So...Barry's parents looked like they stepped out of a 70s Sears catalog. I was wondering that it was hard to believe they created a child they had to medicate him so he wouldn't turn evil, but the whole swinger reveal explained some things and Evil Barry came back. I got a laugh out of Stan & Francine going full 70s like Barry's parents.

Loved seeing Hayley going through Steve's things. And Roger's plot was oddly hilarious. First thinking he's Daredevil after going to a movie (for the first time?), then acting out Under Siege 2 of all things. 

"But nude is how you have sex!"
"Doesn't have to be."

Damn.

• Love 2
On 4/23/2019 at 3:31 AM, Galileo908 said:

Man, they're using Tuttle a lot lately, aren't they? Richard Kind is getting work, so I'm not complaining. Hell, even Klaus wants to bang Tuttle.

Eight of the last ten episodes! I think the writers might have challenged each other to fit him into as many episodes as possible, even when he doesn't fit.

• Love 1

This was way better than last week. I love how Stan and Francine never wasted a chance to rip on Barry. And the return of Evil Barry! Was wondering when that would happen.

Steve may be a wuss, but he can sure throw a tantrum.

• Love 2

Episode 4:

"Rabbit Ears"

Stan gets obsessed with a 1960s television show after picking up a secondhand TV. Roger decides to live as a baby and the family cares for him.

Airs May 6, 2019.

(edited)

I'll admit, Baby Roger WAS cute. Whereas all the trash Stan collected was disgusting as hell. Seriously, the mattress with bedbugs? Gross, but definitely in character for Stan to ignore it because the warning was written in Spanish.

I was wondering how Tuttle would show up this week (it's like guessing what kind of persona Roger is gonna be!), and he's somehow in Nighthawk's Hideaway. That Deep TV definitely entered into SCP territory. This one got crazy in such a great way. The loops were just dark, and I love how the way out was to literally break the fourth wall.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

Damn, what is it with the show always using Tuttle lately? When did he become so popular?

It would have been funnier if the whole family just ignored Baby Roger and not just Stan. Lately they've just been so over his disguises, I was surprised they got sucked into this one.

That stuff Stan found was disgusting.

• Love 1

That had a good Twilight Zone feel to it. I would have actually just dropped the B plot and have Stan and Tuttle loop through once or 2 times more. I also was thinking the garbage Stan found would actually be items from the set when they showed the fondue. 

I can buy that they got roped into baby Roger because it just happens sometime. There had to be at least someone not into it, so they had Stan stay there at least. 

• Love 2
On 5/7/2019 at 10:22 PM, ganesh said:

That had a good Twilight Zone feel to it. I would have actually just dropped the B plot and have Stan and Tuttle loop through once or 2 times more. I also was thinking the garbage Stan found would actually be items from the set when they showed the fondue. 

I can buy that they got roped into baby Roger because it just happens sometime. There had to be at least someone not into it, so they had Stan stay there at least. 

Yes, I quite enjoyed the main plot this episode, and I agree, they could have dropped the Roger plot for more of Stan & Tuttle trapped in the TV show. I don't particularly care for Tuttle, but it's good to see he's no longer a half-ton man.

Baby Roger reminded me of the Simpsons episode when Scully & Mulder came to Springfield to investigate an ET, which turned out to be Mr Burns.

Bullock makes the perfect Slugworth for this Willy Wonka plot. And how could Tommy Tokes be anyone BUT Snoop?

Of course Chelsea Peretti is one of the winners. Honestly? I was expecting Tuttle to be one of them and be the Augustus Gloop of the group. I'm honestly amazed that Tuttle wasn't in this episode at all.

I enjoyed seeing Stelio Kontos in the creepy tunnel.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

And how could Tommy Tokes be anyone BUT Snoop?

The episode fails completely without Snoop. I was surprised Stan got high, but it was a con, then he got high at the end. 

I did like how they all died in obviously stoner ways. I had two stoner roommates, and they were great, but wow were they morons. 

And of course they play Kurtis Blow for no reason. 

• Love 2

Episode 6:

"Lost Boys"

Roger breaks up Steve’s friendship with Snot, Barry & Toshi. Jeff realizes he has a flair for house flipping and gets Stan, Francine and Hayley involved.

Airs May 20, 2019.

I was wondering when we'd get a plot with all of Steve's friends again. They've come so far that Steve turns down a group of strippers over his friends. Roger broke them all up over for a squash tournament. That Steve sucked at, and was dumped after that. That's just evil.

"Oh wait, it was 412 one year olds."
"That's much less interesting."

I love that they DAD-ed Banksy.

"Loud batch of Natty Ice." Of course Klaus and his Tampa friends drink Natty Ice.

• Love 1

Roger truly is the worst. Breaking up Steve's gang just to get a partner for squash and then endangering their lives just to get rid of a clingy Steve.

Amazed Tuttle didn't show up in the B plot LOL. Yeah, I knew Jeff wasn't really a house flipper.

• Love 1
(edited)

I love when Steve does the 90s style songs. And when Franny busts out a 'bullshit'.

I am surprised that Stan jumped right into the flipping with Jeff without being a little skeptical first. 

This was worth it to get to the Roger and Klaus plot.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2

Episode 7:

"Shark?!"

Stan has Roger pretend to be a shark to help Steve overcome his fears. Hayley’s friend Danuta becomes romantically interested in Klaus.

Airs May 27, 2019.

(edited)

I can relate to the disdain of being the "Steve-child."

I was wondering who the hell Danuta was and if we've seen her before, but I liked Francine bringing up that this is the first time they ever met.

Roger was the shark because of course he was. I didn't expect him to bite Steve's arm off AT ALL. Don't know what was better: Edgy Steve or Horny Klaus.

"He left his Bulbasaur?!" Gotta love seeing actual Pokemon getting namedropped on TV.

Loved seeing Francine imagining everyone as Steve Buscemi. Also, True Blood is real in this show.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sometimes Steve is just too much. He's either full-blown crazy or such a whiny little ninny that he makes Marge Simpson look like Furiosa.

LOL that they basically left Roger to the sharks at the end. He deserved it.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1
(edited)

Also, True Blood is real in this show.

If that was the whole point of the show I'll take it. 

Why didn't Hayley just take Jeff on the double date? 

My dog went nuts when the cat got hit by Klaus. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1

Episode 8:

"The Long March"

Hayley and Jeff move into a van and start living life on the open road; Francine and Steve are haunted by a rideshare driver that they rated poorly.

Airs June 3, 2019.

(edited)

Hayley's reduced to working at a Subway-like place? I'd be disappointed too, Stan. And I definitely feel the Long March. Life is just sad. Jeff & Hayley are perfect as Instagram couples that don't work.

I loved Hayley just randomly tossing the keys out of the van, and that it apparently runs in the family with Francine tossing keys over the roof.

"You can't look too good for a Billy Joel concert!" Well said, Steve. I loved that giant "Play Uptown Girl" hat, too.

"Mom, why are you on Tinder?"
"I SAID I'LL DRIVE!"

So pure acai juice makes you Hulk out? Sounds about right.

I was excited to see Tuttle make a cameo. Clever, not use him for a few weeks, and then I'll get excited when he finally comes back.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

The end sequence was so crazy I almost thought it was some kind of simulation Stan put Hayley in to teach her the value of a regular job. Yeah, that would have been too much but it's not like he hasn't done that sort of thing before.

LOL at the random use of Tuttle. Would have been hilarious if he was another Uber driver.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jeff & Hayley are perfect as Instagram couples that don't work.

I'm disappointed that wasn't a longer term plot because I totally can see them as crappy influencers .

The monkeys playing cards killed me though.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2

Episode 9:

"The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady"

Steve goes undercover as a school hall monitor; Roger and Stan go catatonic after witnessing a grisly escalator accident.

Airs June 10, 2019.

Weird. Ass. Episode.

Lewis went full-on Bond villain. And since when is Steve friends with that freaky vet's son? And how do his friends know about Klaus now?

That escalator accident was grisly. 

How the hell does Dr. Ray keep coming back?! Oh he's dead again. Of course...

LOL at the lunch lady squad.

This show, man. It's still funny, but it keeps getting weirder.

• Love 2

So Klaus is the lunch lady now. Then he's not.

With Turlington coming back, I was REALLY hoping that this would turn into a Wheels & The Legman plot. It's the team-up we've been waiting for, and they don't go for it! But I still liked the plot. RIP Turlington. And Dr. Ray for that matter.

"Jerk off to prove your loyalty!" Ahh, I missed you, Principal Lewis. He had a better villain plot in this than when he was Black Villain.

"Not the pretty peacocks!" I loved Jeff having fun with the peacocks.

Those escalator accidents were pretty gruesome.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

And since when is Steve friends with that freaky vet's son? And how do his friends know about Klaus now?

Even Toshi is wondering when they all became friends with him.

And it just seems like nobody notices Klaus. He's become Brian and the writers just said "screw it" and just let him walk around. An entire police department didn't even bat an eye.

Also, appreciated Tuttle's return. He seems self-aware of his place in the show now.

• Love 2

Episode 10:

"Wild Women Do"

Jeff is forced to take Francine out for a not-so-wild night on the town. Klaus forces Steve to watch his celebrity impressions.

Airs June 17, 2019.

So Stan being in the top 3% of loud snorers to qualify for a sleep apnea study gets mild applause. Of course.

LOVED Steve trying (and failing) to pull a Risky Business to royalty-free music. I also loved seeing Francine and Jeff going wild. And then everything got bloody. Francine and Jeff can go wild, but they can't go bananas, and it's not the same.

Wine spritzer (thumbs up)
Wolf Blitzer (thumbs down)

Interesting to see Hayley still works at Sub Hub.

Lotta guests this week: Andy Richter as Delmonaco, Tom Kenny as the dry cleaner, Chris Parnell as the dispatcher, Rob Riggle as a cop. But I saw Mark Hamill in the credits, where was he?

• Love 1

"It's one of the ones where they're friends, isn't it?"

The minute Francine started talking about her "PBS bang list" I knew this would be fun. So getting away to an airport bar helps her desk with Stan's crap, and of course Hayley wants in for a break from Jeff.

Funny how we want from Francine and Jeff going wild last week, to him and Stan just acting like idiots together. But Jeff is willing to take his wife seriously and do whatever she says. 

One mention of Tuttle, and it's because Jeff saw his penis.

Real Irish bars are a depressing place -- at least until the fights.

Rogu sightings! Maybe he should just replace Roger.

• Love 2