Type keyword(s) to search

Rob Has A Podcast: Survivor Edition

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I'm not sure how neither of them are at least are conceiving that Joe is a possible choice for the first post-merge boot. I think he has that edit written all over him.

Stephen's been saying that Joeis getting the winner's edit, but the "winner's edit" is something they've joked about for a while because I think Rob doesn't think it's a thing and Stephen does. But i agree that it's possible Joe is #1 target after the merge. He could be a threat once it's down to individual immunity, and it seems like people like him.

ProfCrash, you hit the Kass nail right on the head. She thinks she's a lot smarter than she actually is, and can't stop talking about how smart she is (thinks she is). It's bad enough when someone keeps trying to prove that she's a genius and re an idiot, and even worse when she isn't a genius and doesn't realize it. She drove me crazy during her season, and listening to her bash the players in this season certainly didn't improve that situation.

I actually think it's Tyler (Stephen's other winner's edit choice) that has merge boot written over him. Stephen is always useful in predicting the merge boot since he seems to always fall for that type.

At least this time Kaoss didn't start off by making fun of Rob's decor. Seems you can teach an old dog new tricks. And I use "old dog" since Kaoss was so fond of using that term herself.

• Love 1

Rob and Stephen were talking about Rodney's women rants on this week's Know it All's, and they were joking that he's Jeff's kind of player, and when Stephen mentioned Jeff calling him out at Tribal, Rob said, "how far did Rodney have to go for Jeff to call him out?" It seems even Rob finds Probst to be sexist.

• Love 3

Rob and Stephen were talking about Rodney's women rants on this week's Know it All's, and they were joking that he's Jeff's kind of player, and when Stephen mentioned Jeff calling him out at Tribal, Rob said, "how far did Rodney have to go for Jeff to call him out?" It seems even Rob finds Probst to be sexist.

And Rob has made comments about Jeff's sexism in the past, but in a good natured way because he can't be too hateful toward Jeff if he wants to keep his access! But he definitely notices Jeff's favoritism of men. I really do think that Rob is *not*a member of the He-Man Woman Haters Club. I just think that sometimes he's a little tone deaf.

I just recently realized how much product Rob puts out! He does two to four casts for each Survivor episode, covers Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice and a dozen more reality shows, does the random Survivor-related special podcasts, did that whole Survivor history audio, and also does his other TV podcast. That is one seriously productive man.

• Love 1

I've really been enjoying the podcasts the last couple of weeks. Rob and Stephen seem to be a bit freer talking about Jeff, which is always a good time, I have a love/ hate relationship with Penner, so that was fun.

The Know It Alls and Penner casts shed a lot of light on what happened this week, thank god, because much like Tyler, I had no idea what was going on. They especially did a great job explaining what might have been going on with Shirin, which helped me. And what they said made a lot of sense, which I really appreciated because for some reason the episodes themselves are leaving so much of the strategy out.

I agree, it's been great, I especially liked hearing from Penner. I've also been listening to some of his Evolution of Strategy episodes, those are fun too, on the one for season three, they talk about an early sign of "jerky Jeff."

Is anyone here a RHAPatron?  I've been a patron for almost three months, and emailed Rob twice to be added to the FB patron group (once when I first contributed, once a month later), but so far have not been added.  I know he has been busy.  Is he the one to add me or is there someone else I can contact?  Thanks.  :)

I was a patron and was never added to the FB either. Rob seems really responsive to email when I have bought something from his site; I think he has just been incredibly busy and not home these days.I would tweet him or FB message him if he is not responding to the email you are using.

Rob was in Vegas this week for the podcast awards or some such thing, and has probably been slammed.

I want to listen to the Evolution of Strategy, but I guess I'm dumb because I can't figure out how. I could only get them on a browser window on my phone and had to re-download them every time. I finally gave up. I really want to listen to them like I do podcasts.

I got a few chapters of EOS so I might be able to help.  Did you purchase them through the store at Rob Has a Website?

And about the Patron group, I don't do Twitter but could FB message him.  I guess I'll give it another month...

I got a few chapters of EOS so I might be able to help.  Did you purchase them through the store at Rob Has a Website?

And about the Patron group, I don't do Twitter but could FB message him.  I guess I'll give it another month...

I did purchase them from RHAW.  An help would be appreciated!  Can they go into my Podcast app?  Or iTunes or something?  Thanks so much.

I have never listened to any of these podcasts, but I am definitely gonna check out that one. Good for him for doing that.

I just saw that Scott Porter from Friday Night Lights/Hart of Dixie did one and I'm going to listen to it, too. I like him a lot and didn't know he was such a Survivor fan.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I listened to both Podcasts and thought they were great. Really happy that Rob did these two it was actually great to hear how much support Shirin is getting.

Got to say as a big Friday Night Lights fan I did love hearing from Scott Porter and would absolutely love to see him on Survivor one day.

I really enjoyed the Richard Hatch podcast, he had a lot of great points. Only halfway through the 'ladies' podcast and liking it too. I am glad that Rob can admit that he doesn't have a full understanding of the issue and invites others on.

• Love 2

I'm a few podcasts behind but planning to catch up tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to the ones y'all mention.

Rob has really responded to the criticism he has received on how he has discussed the bullying and sexist behavior from this season. I am very impressed.

I'm one of the ones who commented on Rob's occasional sexist comments, and I absolutely agree with you. It proves to me that my suspicions that he didn't mean to offend and that he is a decent guy were accurate, and I appreciate him taking the time to try to address some of the sexism that has always been a part of Survivor.

• Love 1

Wow. I never realized that Sandra and her daughter were almost cast for the first Blood vs, Water season. That would have been interesting to see them out there and how Sandra would have played.

Wow. I never realized that Sandra and her daughter were almost cast for the first Blood vs, Water season. That would have been interesting to see them out there and how Sandra would have played.

Presumably the same way she did both of her first appearances.  As long as it ain't me, I don't care.

• Love 1

I'll have to listen to this one. Sandra is hands-down my fave player ever. No one else comes close or ever will IMO.

She is one of my favorites, too.  I was disappointed in her podcast, though. 

• Love 1

I listened to Sandra on RHAP.  Found her fun, entertaining, likable -- but offered few insights into strategies or game play. 

Sandra did not take offense at how Will treated Shirin.  She chalked it up to hunger, stress, etc. and said things like that happen every season on Survivor.  (Rob seemed a bit taken aback by this.)  She predicts Carolyn will win the season. 

I was not surprised Sandra didn't react strongly to Will.  She lets things roll off her back and does not take things seriously.  We saw this in her style on both of her seasons.  I like that about her.  She did not appear to be a very rabid fan of Survivor either; she didn't even watch last season!  I like that too.  What I walked away with -she is matter of fact about things that don't effect her life.   

I'm surprised she thinks Carolyn will win.  She doesn't seem popular with the four jurors that are already out, and I don't see what she's really done to justify a win.  Again, if she were up against Dan and Will she'd have a clean sweep.  Maybe she'd pull of a narrow victory over Sierra, though that would go either way.  But I'd see her losing over Mike, Tyler, and Rodney.

I'm surprised she thinks Carolyn will win.  She doesn't seem popular with the four jurors that are already out, and I don't see what she's really done to justify a win.  Again, if she were up against Dan and Will she'd have a clean sweep.  Maybe she'd pull of a narrow victory over Sierra, though that would go either way.  But I'd see her losing over Mike, Tyler, and Rodney.

This is why I found her interview disappointing.  She is not paying attention to this season so really could not add any reasonable perspective. 

• Love 1

This is why I was not looking forward to her podcast. She is an intuitive player and not very analytical. She is also a common sight to me since she guests on other podcasts too including some really rancid ones.

• Love 1

I was not surprised Sandra didn't react strongly to Will.  She lets things roll off her back and does not take things seriously.  We saw this in her style on both of her seasons.  I like that about her.  She did not appear to be a very rabid fan of Survivor either; she didn't even watch last season!  I like that too.  What I walked away with -she is matter of fact about things that don't effect her life.   

I dunno...she can get loud too, what the f***!  I mean yes she does let it roll off her back in the sense that it doesn't hurt her, but no way would she take any shit from someone like Will.  She would have torn him to pieces and possibly thrown his clothes in the fire.  I love Sandra, but I think she's a bit unempathetic in some ways--she's not bullyable, so she doesn't see how Shirin would feel in that situation, if you know what I mean?

• Love 7

Yup. Sandra said if benefited her, she wouldn't have said anything but if Shirin had been an ally she would have jumped in. I appreciate her honesty even if I disagree with the sentiment.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sandra won twice so I think her logic is sound when it comes to maneuvering in this game.  Though she didn't say this I think her approach is, never let them see you sweat and never expose your weaknesses.   And she may have this tendency in real life.  

I did not react strongly to Will's rant, either.  I thought, what a jerk.  TC is where it got worse but even then,  it was about him not Shirin.  So I understand her lack of outrage.

He will live the consequences of his actions.  He is right now and we will see how Jeff approaches this at the finale.  No one wants to go down in Survivor history as the most hideous, ignorant, dim player ever.  And that is the title he has now. 

Edited by wings707

I dunno...she can get loud too, what the f***!  I mean yes she does let it roll off her back in the sense that it doesn't hurt her, but no way would she take any shit from someone like Will.  She would have torn him to pieces and possibly thrown his clothes in the fire.  I love Sandra, but I think she's a bit unempathetic in some ways--she's not bullyable, so she doesn't see how Shirin would feel in that situation, if you know what I mean?

Oh, you best believe anything Will held dear, up to and including his clothing, would have ended up in the fire or buried on the beach. I remember Russell being gobsmacked at the HvV reunion because he could not believe someone with Sandra's mouth could get to the end and WIN!

• Love 2

I love Denise Stapley. She is so smart & analytical. She was great on the podcast. It was hysterical that Nicole wanted to know who goofygal (Denise's Twitter handle) was. Apparently, she had seen the calls between Rob & Denise before the podcast. And, seemingly got jealous that another woman was into and/or cheating with Rob. Too funny!!!

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh, you best believe anything Will held dear, up to and including his clothing, would have ended up in the fire or buried on the beach.

And for the rest of his life, Sandra would leave comments on every one of his YouTube videos saying, "this sucks and so do u."

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 4

Wow, I had to turn off the Wiglesworth interview after just 5 min. She thinks she is going to change the game??? After 15 years and 30 seasons??

Anyway, good job by Rob on the campaigns. Can't believe his voice hasn't given out yet.

In case anyone missed it - TEOS season 2 will be available as of May 22nd. I really strongly recommend  getting it (well the first) but i am getting this because the first 10 were amazing.                                                                                                                                       

I just listened to Tyler A's Second Chances podcast. In it, Rob asks Tyler about Will's attack on Shirin. Tyler dodged and hedged and said that happens all the time during every season, and that during one of his seasons, he did basically the same thing. Gee, I wonder why Tyler wasn't willing to admit how horrible it was... He definitely gave the impression that he believes that vicious personal attacks are a-okay. I never liked him, and the podcast definitely did not change that.

Rob was the one who brought the Will/Shirin issue up, and while Tyson was doing a shitty job of trying to avoid the issue while also agreeing with Will's action, Rob basically only said "Okay". I respect that. Rob's job is to get these people to talk about things, and I really appreciate that, especially lately, he's willing to let folks say some shitty things but is totally neutral in his responses. Going off on everyone is a terrible idea for him, and us, really. If he starts shutting down every sexist Survivor contestant, he will either lose his access or have contestants refuse to talk to him. I don't think any of us want that. I much more appreciate him giving people enough rope to hang themselves while not participating in some of the crappy talk.

This is my long-winded way of saying that I think Rob has read/ heard that in some of his podcasts he has sounded a little sexist, and that he has taken it to heart and is really trying to fix it. And I respect that- being open to criticism about yourself and being willing to change are both very hard, and most people won't or can't do it. So, kudos to him, and I think the podcasts will be even better when he considers the sexist aspects of this show, and his and the contestants' ingrained sexism.

Haven't listened to tonight's Know It Alls, but I also looking forward to it!

• Love 1