Type keyword(s) to search

Rob Has A Podcast: Survivor Edition

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Here is a topic that I've also wanted but didn't know if anyone else did.  This is to ONLY talk about the RHAP regarding Survivor (he talks about other reality shows as well).  I am usually behind, so I won't be able to lead this topic but feel free to talk away! 

• Love 2

I want to listen to todays podcast but it is blocked at work because of "sex". Weird. This happens from time to time, I am assuming that it is due to how he tags things,

Ah well, I'll listen at home or the gym.

I love RHAP and feel so grateful to Rob for producing so much content every week.  It's an incredible resource.  Who are your favorite Survivor guests?  I have to say that I love Penner and have loved him since Cook Islands.  Even though he made some factual mistakes in his latest podcast, it was a blast having him back on.  Wish there were a way for Rob to bring him on every season.

• Love 1

I really enjoy it when Rob gets some old school guests on the podcasts he did with Jeff Varner, Vecepia, Jerri and John Carroll were all pretty good. I also, liked his ten year reunions with the Amazon and Pearl Islands cast.

Edited by choclatechip45

I love RHAP and feel so grateful to Rob for producing so much content every week.  It's an incredible resource.  Who are your favorite Survivor guests?  I have to say that I love Penner and have loved him since Cook Islands.  Even though he made some factual mistakes in his latest podcast, it was a blast having him back on.  Wish there were a way for Rob to bring him on every season.

I adore Penner and would love to see more of him! 

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-2014-san-juan-del-sur-drew-christy-blood-vs-water-2-exit-interview/

Good interview with Drew.  Jon, Natalie and Jeremy knew he was going to throw the challenge.  Jeremy and Jon sat out that one and they were the strongest players.  Drew said this but there is still some doubt in my mind, he seemed a bit tentative on if they really knew.  I am interested to see what others think about this. 

RHAP is on when I do laundry and clean.  It definitely makes time go by faster, and I do like his embracing the Survivor Nerd-dom.  I pretty much like all of his ex-survivor guests; the only people I don't like as much are the other non-survivors he has on (excepting Nicole).

I liked last nights know-it-alls and their blasting Drew for being incredibly awful.  I think they were pretty much spot on that this episode was evidence that you don't always have to create suspence to make a good show that keeps you smiling throughout.  It was awesome to see Drews come-uppance when he was being so obnoxiously arrogantt.  Great episode, both of Survivor and Know-it-alls.

I pretty much like all of his ex-survivor guests; the only people I don't like as much are the other non-survivors he has on (excepting Nicole).

I completely  agree. I did not like the voice mails with that Antonio guy. I don't listen to the post show recaps so to me it seemed like Rob had a random buddy on. I would of preferred an ex survivor or Nicole.

Edited by choclatechip45

I completely  agree. I did not like the voice mails with that Antonio guy. I don't listen to the post show recaps so to me it seemed like Rob had a random buddy on. I would of preferred an ex survivor or Nicole.

I do enjoy the non-Survivor people when have their own take on Survivor.  I really like the Survivor archetypes podcast he does every season around the final 12 (I think with AJ Mass?).  I also really enjoyed the latest podcast with Angie Chaunce about the types of Survivor characters.  She really put a ton of effort into cataloging past Survivors and it was fun to hear about how casting goes back to the same character types over and over.

I do enjoy the non-Survivor people when have their own take on Survivor.  I really like the Survivor archetypes podcast he does every season around the final 12 (I think with AJ Mass?).  I also really enjoyed the latest podcast with Angie Chaunce about the types of Survivor characters.  She really put a ton of effort into cataloging past Survivors and it was fun to hear about how casting goes back to the same character types over and over.

I enjoyed the Angie Chaunce one too. I think it is AJ Mass he's always a good guest. Dalton Ross is always a good guest too. I just don't like the random people he has on who have no connection to the show besides being a fan.

Edited by choclatechip45

I am not buying that Jon, Jeremy, and Natalie were in on the throwing the challenge. Drew said they had discussed it and the others had agreed to it but that was before he went to exile island. they did not discuss it when he got back and he assumed that the others were in on it when Jeremy and Jon sat out the challenge. I think there is a better reason for Jeremy and Jon sitting out the challenge, they were not good swimmers and anyone on the team could handle throwing the discs. I don't doubt that Drew discussed it with them but I do have a feeling that they agreed to it just like they agreed to vote out Kelly.

Drew knew going to tribal that he was not on the same page as Jon and probably knew that Kelly wasn't going home. He wasn't smart enough to piece together that the four women would vote together and he was in trouble. Yet he claimed that he was "intellectually advantaged."

As in all things, Drew came off thinking more of himself then the rest of the world and trying to blame editing for what we saw. I don't buy that one second. You do not call a woman a bitch with her sitting near by and claim you were poorly edited.

Rob has fun with these interviews but does get a good amount of information. I think he gets more because he is a former player and the voted out person knows that.

• Love 4

I'm not buying that the others knew about him throwing the challenge, either.  I think he's just trying to save face since everyone is talking about what a dummy he is.  I've never listened to Rob's podcast before and was surprised at how entertaining it was.  At least he doesn't try to gloss things over like some of the interviewers do.

• Love 1

I think that they might have discussed the possibility of throwing a challenge before Drew went to Exile and by "discussed", I mean that the others might have jokingly said something about doing it and then Drew jumped on it, told them they were going to throw the next challenge, the others tried to voice their opinions and Drew shut them down and kept calling himself a kingpin and a mastermind while refusing to listen, pretty much the same as when he was telling them to vote for Kelley. I don't trust Drew's version of anything, his reality doesn't mesh with mine.

ETA: In his interview, Drew mentioned that he really wanted to get rid of Reed because he was causing a lot of drama but that nobody wanted to get rid of him so he focused on Kelley. I'm not sure where we can discuss bonus clips but in the Survivor bonus clips,

Reed seems to confirm that he was not on Jeremy's good side and relished causing drama by running to find him to be the first to tell him that Keith said he had the idol so that he could be back in Jeremy's inner circle.

Edited by willpwr
  • Love 2

I think that they might have discussed the possibility of throwing a challenge before Drew went to Exile and by "discussed", I mean that the others might have jokingly said something about doing it and then Drew jumped on it, told them they were going to throw the next challenge, the others tried to voice their opinions and Drew shut them down and kept calling himself a kingpin and a mastermind while refusing to listen, pretty much the same as when he was telling them to vote for Kelley. I don't trust Drew's version of anything, his reality doesn't mesh with mine.

I agree completely with this.  There's a lot of downtime on the island, especially for the tribe that keeps winning immunity challenges, so I would not be surprised if the idea of throwing a challenge had come up, either in passing or as a joke.  People get real bored out there.  It seems pretty characteristic of Drew to take idle talk and turn it into whatever he wants it to be -- Drew can be astoundingly single-minded, to say it nicely.

Also, I was a little annoyed during his exit interview with Rob when Rob called him out, and Drew's excuse for his rude comments about the women was that he didn't really remember what was going on on the island and that being on Survivor just made him lose his mind.  Everyone else was also on the island, starving and getting worn down by the elements, but most people manage to not spew arrogant, misogynistic B.S.  I would be much more impressed with Drew if he apologized for making those remarks and said that he'd learned something from this experience.

• Love 1

I'm really glad that Rob called Drew out.  I listen to most of Rob's reality show podcasts, but I frequently bristle at some of his sexist remarks*, and so I was happy to hear that Rob does, in fact, realize that's wrong!  Plus, Drew is a dumb jerk.  And I agree with y'all that while throwing the challenge may have come up at camp (something I'm sure happens more often than we see, jokingly or for real), Drew was likely the only one really doing it.  It's so early in the game, they have the advantage in numbers going in to the merge, and they weren't even agreed on who to boot - throwing the challenge just wouldn't make sense.  

*I'm possibly a bit more sensitive to it right now, have recently re-watched his first season; he comes off particularly douche-y toward women in the first couple of episodes.  

I think the various guests are what keep the podcasts interesting, especially Fishbach.  I especially like when Stephen disagrees with Rob.  Not because they fight or anything, but because I like hearing the two them, both pretty good at Survivor strategy, pick apart a decision or analyze someone's motives and come up with completely different theories.  Plus, they're usually having such a good time with it, rather than taking themselves too seriously.

I have to confess, though: I automatically delete any and all interviews with any Hantz.  

In case folks don't know, the podcasts are also available through Podcasts on the iPhone.  They're audio only, but you don't have to go through a website to get them, in case they're blocked at work.  :-)

• Love 2

I think the various guests are what keep the podcasts interesting, especially Fishbach.  I especially like when Stephen disagrees with Rob.  Not because they fight or anything, but because I like hearing the two them, both pretty good at Survivor strategy, pick apart a decision or analyze someone's motives and come up with completely different theories.  Plus, they're usually having such a good time with it, rather than taking themselves too seriously.

I agree.  They work well together and it is interesting when both of them have different takes.  

I'm really glad that Rob called Drew out.  I listen to most of Rob's reality show podcasts, but I frequently bristle at some of his sexist remarks*, and so I was happy to hear that Rob does, in fact, realize that's wrong!  Plus, Drew is a dumb jerk.  And I agree with y'all that while throwing the challenge may have come up at camp (something I'm sure happens more often than we see, jokingly or for real), Drew was likely the only one really doing it.  It's so early in the game, they have the advantage in numbers going in to the merge, and they weren't even agreed on who to boot - throwing the challenge just wouldn't make sense. 

*I'm possibly a bit more sensitive to it right now, have recently re-watched his first season; he comes off particularly douche-y toward women in the first couple of episodes.

Eh I watched the Amazon recently too and every guy comes off as sexist in that season in the first few episodes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the females did the same thing at their camp and it never made it to air. I don't think Rob is sexist, but I do think he has something against females who he thinks are recruited on the show by not giving them any credit for anything like Baylor last week.

Eh I watched the Amazon recently too and every guy comes off as sexist in that season in the first few episodes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the females did the same thing at their camp and it never made it to air. I don't think Rob is sexist, but I do think he has something against females who he thinks are recruited on the show by not giving them any credit for anything like Baylor last week.

I don't think Rob is sexist, but I also don't think he is uber-sensitive to issues of gender in the media.  I do think that he, like many people who watch Survivor (myself included!), likes "big" moves and the people who make them.  The editing on this show relies on gender stereotypes -- it's easier to tell a story if the characters are archetypes (the mom, the silly pageant girl, the arrogant dude-bro, the aggressive alpha male, etc.) -- and Rob doesn't push back on editing choices that show us one specific type of "big move" (usually made by a Tony Vlachos type) as the only kind of "big move."  For instance, I think Baylor did a great job in choosing to bite her tongue and not call out Alec for his irritating and condescending behavior in this episode.  You could argue that it's merely a facet of her social game, but if your social game is to keep people loyal to you, even if you can't stand them, then doesn't that qualify as a strategic move as well?  But anyway, I love listening to Rob, and he doesn't need to be all things to all people.  He's mostly fair and that's good enough.

I will say that I wish Rob would occasionally call out Jeff Probst on his ridiculous sexism, but I can't blame him for laying low where Jeff is concerned.  At this late date, Jeff is not going to change, and Rob wouldn't gain anything by getting into a hopeless feud with a Survivor EP.

I agree.  They work well together and it is interesting when both of them have different takes.  

I love it when Rob and Stephen disagree!  Agree with you that they work really well together, even when they are diametrically opposed on an issue.  And it would be super boring if Stephen always agreed with Rob or vice versa -- having two smart people hash things out leads to some interesting insights!

I'm really glad that Rob called Drew out.  I listen to most of Rob's reality show podcasts, but I frequently bristle at some of his sexist remarks*, and so I was happy to hear that Rob does, in fact, realize that's wrong!  Plus, Drew is a dumb jerk.  And I agree with y'all that while throwing the challenge may have come up at camp (something I'm sure happens more often than we see, jokingly or for real), Drew was likely the only one really doing it.  It's so early in the game, they have the advantage in numbers going in to the merge, and they weren't even agreed on who to boot - throwing the challenge just wouldn't make sense.  

I have to confess, though: I automatically delete any and all interviews with any Hantz.  

Speaking of sexists ... ugh, I am with you 100% on the Hantz-casts.  I tried some of the early ones, and they were unfortunately as annoying and self-aggrandizing as I imagined.

Yeah, there are times when Rob (and honestly, I think Stephen also sometimes does not give women contestants enough credit) says something that rubs me the wrong way, but I guess it would be unrealistic of me to expect him to be a tireless podcaster, brilliant Survivor strategist, and a feminist after my own heart.  And I do think he has to play along with his guests sometimes.  In the most recent podcast, Eliza had a number of things to say about Julie's chest -- no way is Rob going to tell Eliza that she's being inappropriate and embarrass her like that.  But yeah, I feel ya about the sexist remarks.

• Love 1

I don't think he is a he-man woman hater or anything, and I'm sorry if my comments came off that way.  I just think that sometimes he doesn't realize that he's throwing around some casually sexist statements.  I don't think there's any malice behind it, but I wish he was more aware of how some of it sounds.  He's no Probst-level sexist, by any means!  

Have you guys heard the episodes when they talk about Brandon Hantz's Facebook presence?  Apparently, he's been engaged and then broken up about 7,483 times in the last couple of years.  To different people.  And I think has 2 face tattoos.  I don't dare actually go to his FB page, but there've been a couple of episodes (Corinne's, maybe?) where they've talked about it, and it has been hilarious.  That's as close to anything Hantz as I get. 

• Love 1

In the Rocker interview, John actually said that the media person told him he had to be nice to Rob because he was a former player and not to fuck with him. John told Rob this at the beginning of the podcast. I actually think it was a pretty good interview.

Rob loves Kim as a winner and has been willing to praise women in general. I do think that he is not politically correct or overly concerned about examining his language to be PC or avoid some language that rubs folks the wrong way but I think that goes for about 90% of the population.

I don't know that he wants people to make the big move all the time but I do think he likes a more interesting show. He loves Kim as a winner but her season was pretty boring because she was so in control and, well, not Tony. He and Stephen agreed that the last episode was awful in terms of game play but gold to watch.

I tend to prefer his insights into Survivor then Amazing Race or Big Brother because he does not know those games as well. His BB stuff is infuriating because he doesn't watch the live feeds so he really doesn't know what is happening and it shows. I guess it gives a good feel for how people just watching the show feel but I expect him to discuss the game play more and that means at least reading boards like Jokers where they are posting the Live Feed stuff regularly. Heck, read the synopsis from here. Same for Utopia.

This week's show was pretty funny. I didn't care for Brice on his season but liked the rapport he had with Rob and the fun they had answering voicemails. I have to admit I laughed when Rob said "Get freaky all week? Who has time for that?"

I notice that Rob conducts the AR interview differently, more as a host interviewing his guest, possibly bc he's deferring to Jessica's greater knowledge. He has opinions but he's much more likely to ask questions and wait for her response before reacting to it. Whereas on the Survivor podcasts it seems like two people having a conversation about Survivor. And I think that's fine and probably even appropriate, since he was actually on Survivor.

Rob (and, his Podcast) are awesome. I've been watching for years. Rob and Stephen work so well together and on opposite coast & from a webcam to boot. There recent NYC Live Chat was so good. I think they were sort of shocked and thankful from the crowd that showed up. It was nice to hear Drew be humbled by the show and whatever edit he got. Like most people pre-merge he'll be soon forgotten. I also like when he laughs and jokes with the contestants. Great host and his wife, Nicolle is awesome, too.

I'm probably in the minority in this opinion, but I'm not a huge fan of the "Know-It-Alls" podcast. I like the format of it airing after the show I can't decide if it's because I'm not a big Stephen fan and I find him overrated as player or if it is just the fact I am hearing from him every week. 

I notice that Rob conducts the AR interview differently, more as a host interviewing his guest, possibly bc he's deferring to Jessica's greater knowledge. He has opinions but he's much more likely to ask questions and wait for her response before reacting to it. Whereas on the Survivor podcasts it seems like two people having a conversation about Survivor. And I think that's fine and probably even appropriate, since he was actually on Survivor.

I kind of get the feeling Rob is genuinely interested in Survivor and BB while he's mainly doing the other shows he does because he feels he has to. Like, I get that he'd never be able to convince people he's as knowledgeable about, say, BBUK as an actual British person, but sometimes it feels like with the lesser shows he doesn't even bother to open Wikipedia before he starts the podcast, which leads to the feeling the other person is talking to a brick wall.

Agreed, his podcasts of Utopia are silly. He had no understanding of why Bri was nominated by America. Never mind that she abused the animals, intentionally under feed the cows, and made very graphic threats to hurt Bella, he couldn't understand why it is that Bri was nominated. That would be because he and his co-host don't watch the live feeds or read any of the boards regarding the live feeds. Because Utopia on the feeds is even more different then what is airing then Big Brother. It is amazing what they are leaving out. To include the fact that Production has now forced the Topes to wear a device that buzzes when Production wants them to stop discussing things. Normally this is the fact that Production exists or when making graphic comments about murder and the like.

So yeah, Rob phones it in for some of his pod casts. And I think he does the same with Big Brother. If he doesn't want to watch or follow the feeds via Jokers then say so and let someone else actually do a real podast regarding the feeds but stop talking like you are full on discussing the show because you are not. It is pretty annoying and makes his interviews with Big Brother guests a bit silly and one dimensional.

• Love 1

So yeah, Rob phones it in for some of his pod casts. And I think he does the same with Big Brother. If he doesn't want to watch or follow the feeds via Jokers then say so and let someone else actually do a real podast regarding the feeds but stop talking like you are full on discussing the show because you are not. It is pretty annoying and makes his interviews with Big Brother guests a bit silly and one dimensional.

Completly agree. I think the only podcast he puts any effort into are his Survivor ones. The Big Brother one was so bad near the end I was embarrassed for him.

I liked this week's podcasts, both the one with Eliza/ Brice and last night's.  Eliza is smart and funny, and she and Rob seemed to have a good groove going.  Brice sort of annoyed me on his season, but I thought he was hilarious on the podcast.  

They said something interesting on the Know it Alls podcast - both Rob and Stephen supported the decision to eat all of the rice.  They said it was silly to ration it and have your tribe get that hungry that early; better to eat now and try to stay strong, and that making the rice last 39 days only helped the people who actually made it to 39 days.  I hadn't thought about it that way; I was convinced they were dumb for eating so much.  It's getting perspectives like that that I really like hearing about.  Also, it made me happy that they were also surprised by the Kelly boot, because it sure caught me by surprise.  

• Love 2

Did they mention that they expected to get more rice at some point?  There is some logic there. I will listen to it tomorrow.  I am headed to bed with Project Runway and my laptop. 

I just listened to Rob's interview with Debb Eaton/Jeff Varner which was recorded back in December of 2012. I think Rob did a really great job with this one considering how the Survivor experience was not a positive one for her. They also had good rapport going which made the interview really enjoyable. Plus Debb/Varners banter was absolutely hilarious. I really hope he gets Varner on again if not this season maybe next. did find it funny how Rob and her bonded over having Alicia on their tribe and being blindsided.

I just listened to Rob's interview with Debb Eaton/Jeff Varner which was recorded back in December of 2012. I think Rob did a really great job with this one considering how the Survivor experience was not a positive one for her. They also had good rapport going which made the interview really enjoyable. Plus Debb/Varners banter was absolutely hilarious. I really hope he gets Varner on again if not this season maybe next. did find it funny how Rob and her bonded over having Alicia on their tribe and being blindsided.

Which episode was this, if you don't mind giving me a hand? I've scrolled through the archives and searched for Debb and still don't see it.

Interestng idea Coach had, to tell Jeff if they didn't get more rice that they would all clam up during their confessionals. He was pulling no punches on this week's podcast. I must admit I enjoyed his opinions on Keith and Whitney on TAR.

• Love 1

Which episode was this, if you don't mind giving me a hand? I've scrolled through the archives and searched for Debb and still don't see it.

Interestng idea Coach had, to tell Jeff if they didn't get more rice that they would all clam up during their confessionals. He was pulling no punches on this week's podcast. I must admit I enjoyed his opinions on Keith and Whitney on TAR.

Christmas 2012 special episode forward to 1 hour and 3 minutes in.

Angie Chaunce

Is she involved with the show or is she just a fan? She followed me on twitter about a year ago and I followed her back basically to be polite (I thought maybe she was a friend of a friend), but then last week she was spoiling the show for anyone not on East Coast time, so I had to unfollow. Hell, even stupid Coach knows better than to spoil the show before it's aired everywhere (not that I follow Coach, I'm just assuming he's too busy taking about his integrity and whatnot to ruin the show for others).

Rob's interview with Parvati was pretty good. She talks a lot bout doing pre-interviews with the cast and her impressions of them. The only people who said they recognized her were Jeremy & Val and Reed & Josh. I know I didn't believe the latter were fans of the show, but clearly I was wrong.

Really?  Reed and Josh are clear superfans to me.

I found the whole worrying about rice very strange for people who are superfans. Since you know about reward challenges and the merge was soon. I would be more worried about a tarp after seeing the rainstorms in past seasons.

I absolutely see what you mean, but I had a different reaction.  Almost every single person who has ever been on Survivor says "it's so much harder than I thought it would be", so I just figured that happened to them.  Not having any food is super-scary, even if you know intellectually it's not necessarily that big a deal.  I personally believe they got by far the better deal, since they got twice the rice of the other tribe, which also didn't have a tarp etc.

Anyway I believed them when they said they practiced puzzles and bought each other flint for their birthday and all that.  Seemed plausible to me!

I absolutely see what you mean, but I had a different reaction.  Almost every single person who has ever been on Survivor says "it's so much harder than I thought it would be", so I just figured that happened to them.  Not having any food is super-scary, even if you know intellectually it's not necessarily that big a deal.  I personally believe they got by far the better deal, since they got twice the rice of the other tribe, which also didn't have a tarp etc.

Anyway I believed them when they said they practiced puzzles and bought each other flint for their birthday and all that.  Seemed plausible to me!

Yeah, I don't pay attention to most pre-game stuff so I forgot about that. After this season of Big Brother when Frankie Grande claimed he was a super fan and I found out from watching the feeds he didn't know any of the famous Big Brother players I am pretty skeptical now when people called themselves "superfans". I agree they did get a better deal. Clearly, the tribe did the right thing since everyone who stayed the blue tribe except for Drew made it to the merge.

It was interesting to hear the behind-the-scenes parts about Parvati's interviews with the contestants. I was surprised at how much Rob had to prompt her while they were talking about that. He would ask her if she liked someone when she met them pre-game and she would just respond with "yeah" and then he'd have to ask "well, what did you like about them?". Since she's done interviewing and hosting too I'd thought she wouldn't need so much prompting.

I was also surprised by how bad her reads were on a lot of the strategic discussion. Rob had to correct her on several issues (like the fact that Jeremy, not Josh, would have been voted out if they had gone to Tribal last week, the way Josh was trying to sell himself to John/Jaclyn, her thinking that Baylor had been in charge of the tribe at Coyopa). They talked about how part of the reason Val got voted out was because she was on Exile and didn't have time to integrate herself in the tribe. Parvati suggested that Jeremy should have sent himself to Exile when asked to choose a member of his tribe to go and said that's what she would have done in the situation. It was weird though because she and Rob had just finished discussing how going to Exile is what ended up dooming Val. So it doesn't make sense that she would suggest Jeremy should have gone.

There was a comment at the bottom of the page about how she speaks about Eliza in a disrespectful manner. A couple people pointed out that it's because they're friends, but the original poster said the way she talks about Eliza is still disrespectful. I noticed this as well and I agree that it is disrespectful. She constantly talks about Eliza (and others) like she's throwing them a bone and they're lucky that she's deigning to be friends with them. It's gross. 

I also laughed when a caller asked her how she was enjoying New York, which she apparently just moved to from LA. She said something like the only difference between them/something she liked about New York was that restaurants stay open later. I thought that was kind of a weird comment, considering that she's supposed to be interested in culture and travel, yet doesn't point out any differences between LA and New York culture/activities other than "restaurants in New York are open later".

This podcast was just kind weird to me because although I don't remember her last couple podcast appearances, I remember really liking her first one. Then I scroll down the comments and everyone is just "Parvati so amazing!! Best podcast ever". I know Rob's fans tend to be pretty positive, which is great, but I was kind of like..am I missing something here? I've felt the same way after some of the Aras podcasts too when I scroll down to look at the comments and they're all super positive, whereas I felt the podcast was sort of boring. 

I think most of the winners have their super fans & they just love everything they say. I listened to Parvati's & Aras's interview, as well. I found them both informative & entertaining. Of couse, they are biased about a lot of stuff and are giving their opinion & point of view. I guess it's up to the listener to decide if they like them or not & believe them. Rob still cracks me up & I think he & Stephen have a great show.

I think most of the winners have their super fans & they just love everything they say. I listened to Parvati's & Aras's interview, as well. I found them both informative & entertaining. Of couse, they are biased about a lot of stuff and are giving their opinion & point of view. I guess it's up to the listener to decide if they like them or not & believe them. Rob still cracks me up & I think he & Stephen have a great show.

This podcast was just kind weird to me because although I don't remember her last couple podcast appearances, I remember really liking her first one. Then I scroll down the comments and everyone is just "Parvati so amazing!! Best podcast ever". I know Rob's fans tend to be pretty positive, which is great, but I was kind of like..am I missing something here? I've felt the same way after some of the Aras podcasts too when I scroll down to look at the comments and they're all super positive, whereas I felt the podcast was sort of boring.

I don't really like Parvati as a player and I think she is overrated, but I thought she was good this time and much better than in the past. She was a lot more honest finally admitting why Amanda didn't like her and the reason why she lost Heroes vs Villeins in the past she tried to blame it on the fact Sandra was just a mom.  I just think the guests this season haven't been that great. Way to many post show recap people who really don't add much. Brice and Michael Snow were both really good. Eliza was way to much of a fan girl about Reed to the point giving him credit for things we never saw on screen same thing with Stephen this season I  know they hang out with Reed & Josh and are obviously rooting for them, but its starting to get annoying. I liked that even though Parvati is friends with Josh & Reed she was able to talk about them objectively. I agree about Aras I like Aras, but his podcasts aren't that great. Kim Spradlin is one of the better guests its too bad Rob has her on in the beginning she should be a guest near the end. I thought her appearance on Know-it-Alls a couple of seasons ago was really good.

I was also surprised by how bad her reads were on a lot of the strategic discussion. Rob had to correct her on several issues (like the fact that Jeremy, not Josh, would have been voted out if they had gone to Tribal last week, the way Josh was trying to sell himself to John/Jaclyn, her thinking that Baylor had been in charge of the tribe at Coyopa). They talked about how part of the reason Val got voted out was because she was on Exile and didn't have time to integrate herself in the tribe. Parvati suggested that Jeremy should have sent himself to Exile when asked to choose a member of his tribe to go and said that's what she would have done in the situation. It was weird though because she and Rob had just finished discussing how going to Exile is what ended up dooming Val. So it doesn't make sense that she would suggest Jeremy should have gone.

Probst said in his Dalton Ross Interview he thought Jeremy would of been blindsided if there was a tribal so I don't think Parvati was that off base.

There was a comment at the bottom of the page about how she speaks about Eliza in a disrespectful manner. A couple people pointed out that it's because they're friends, but the original poster said the way she talks about Eliza is still disrespectful. I noticed this as well and I agree that it is disrespectful. She constantly talks about Eliza (and others) like she's throwing them a bone and they're lucky that she's deigning to be friends with them. It's gross.

I actually thought her comparing Eliza the way she did to Russell was accurate. She pretty said Eliza will fight until the end during her original season Eliza was the target almost every boot and survived until the Final 4. Mostly because she fought back Jeff pretty much told her at one of the tribal councils she was crying wolf because she would say she was the target at every tribal council and survived. Now if Parvati did not mean it that way because she was never seen Vanuatu than yeah I agree it was disrespectful, I agree though I have always had the impression she thinks she is better than Survivor. I remember one of first appearances she said she would never date John Fincher because he was on Survivor.

Edited by choclatechip45

Probst said in his Dalton Ross Interview he thought Jeremy would of been blindsided if there was a tribal so I don't think Parvati was that off base.

Sorry, I don't know if I wrote this clearly enough in my original post, but I meant that Parvati said that if Julie hadn't quit Josh would have been voted out and Rob had to correct her, saying that actually Jeremy was the one who would have been voted out.

I don't really like Parvati as a player and I think she is overrated, but I thought she was good this time and much better than in the past. She was a lot more honest finally admitting why Amanda didn't like her and the reason why she lost Heroes vs Villeins in the past she tried to blame it on the fact Sandra was just a mom.

I don't remember what she specifically said this time about why she lost H vs V, but in general I'm not a fan of her "I lost because everyone was jealous of me" argument. For someone considered to be such a good social player, I thought that she would realize by now that one of the reasons she lost is because she did not try to form enough relationships with the Heroes and alienated them by mocking them with Russell all the time. Jealousy may have been an issue, but that is something you can try to work around too.

I actually thought her comparing Eliza the way she did to Russell was accurate. She pretty said Eliza will fight until the end during her original season Eliza was the target almost every boot and survived until the Final 4. Mostly because she fought back Jeff pretty much told her at one of the tribal councils she was crying wolf because she would say she was the target at every tribal council and survived. Now if Parvati did not mean it that way because she was never seen Vanuatu than yeah I agree it was disrespectful, I agree though I have always had the impression she thinks she is better than Survivor. I remember one of first appearances she said she would never date John Fincher because he was on Survivor.

I thought the part where she called Eliza the "chick Russell" actually made a lot of sense. What I was referring to was when she was talking about moving to New York and said she had Eliza at her "beck and call". She tried to pass it off jokingly, but her tone was really gross and degrading. I don't think she was fully joking. 

I too have always gotten the impression that she thinks she is better than Survivor and is throwing the show/fans/everyone else a bone when she deigns to be involved with the show in any way. Why in the world does she think she's above the show or that what she does makes her too important for to be involved in it? I find this hilarious because A) She chose to go on the show 3 times. She didn't have to, but she did. B) Pretty much all of the real jobs she's ever had have come from the show. She has parlayed Survivor into a whole career, starting with hosting the After Show and then using that to get a job at CBS News. C) She is now dating John Fincher, who she met through the show. I also find it really funny that some fans on other boards are like "How could she date Fincher? She's the Queen and he barely made it past the merge!! She's too good for him". I think the consensus of people who meet them in real life and know nothing about Survivor would probably be that he's too good for her.

Edited by wudpixie