Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Premature Corkulation

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I was surprised that Ben did not think about Bianca wanting basic food with the romantic dinner or at any of the meal times. It was mentioned a lot. I feel like he just heard the primary say "molecular gastronomy" and did not hear anything else. Ben did mention that he did not know how to combine the two, so I wonder if he thought he was somewhat combining their tastes with his menu for the romantic dinner. I do not remember what was served before the quesadillas though.

Oh, and Ben? Molecular gastronomy is an obnoxious, pretentious bit of food science that nobody cares about except stuffy, self-centered, egotistical chefs like you.

Small voice......I love molecular gastronomy. I eat at Alinea, Next, and Moto way too much. I adore Grant Achatz, Homaru Cantu, Ferran Adria, Jose Andres, and so many other chefs that specialize in molecular gastronomy. Grant Achatz is my favorite chef. Love him.......small voice.

• Love 3

Small voice......I love molecular gastronomy. I eat at Alinea, Next, and Moto way too much. I adore Grant Achatz, Homaru Cantu, Ferran Adria, Jose Andres, and so many other chefs that specialize in molecular gastronomy. Grant Achatz is my favorite chef. Love him.......small voice.

while we're doing True Confessions....  I didn't know that sea cucumbers had ovaries.

Oh, and now I really want a big ol' quesadilla.

[Kelly was "married for three years, single for 2 weeks, and then in a relationship up until the time of the cruise" ?  Oh, a catch, that one is. There's a 12-step program with a chair for him and whoever is grabbing on to that.

• Love 7

Can someone explain molecular gastronomy? All food has molecules.

I think Kate doesn't like Amy mostly because she amplifies how shitty Kate is at the most basic parts of her job. Kate only wants to suck up to the guy who rented the boat, is incapable of smiling and takes points off every time her customer doesn't live up to her expectations. Amy understands that she's not a slave, but that she was hired to provide a premium service. Making $500 a day in tips makes her happy instead of miserable.

• Love 2

Wowza, Kate is awful! I liked her at the beginning of the season but as the show progressed, her true colors sure came out. I was glad Amy was recognized by both Ben and the horrible primary guest.

So Kelley was married for 3 years at a young age, did drugs, his dad did bad things and went to jail, his mom did bad things too- there is so much that's untold there. He seems really messed up. No wonder Amy feels so guilty leaving him alone, but she's going way overboard overcompensating for it now.

I knew it had to be something worse than just a divorce.  Now it all makes sense why Amy is the way she is and Kelley is as emotionally stunted as he is.  Dad in jail AND a mom who apparently did "bad things" too.  Makes me think they were both serious drug addicts who had brought some questionable drug addicts into the house.  Who knows what he may have witnessed in his life.  And who knows what may have happened to him in that type of environment.

And I gotta say, Kelley dressed up for his date.  Wowza.  He looked amazing.  I would be a Stage 5 clinger based on his looks alone. 

Jennice.  So there she is, in the kitchen doing something.  Why is she a deckhand?  Give up the ghost.  You're too small to be one.  And then she seemed all bitchy when told she had to monitor wind speed.

Once they had their "date" it really did seem like he cooled off to her.  

On Kate.  I hate her.  But I freaking LOVE her.  I hope they bring her back.

• Love 2

Jennice isn't my favorite, but in her defense, she mentioned that he might move to where she lives in Florida; Amy was the one who's like OMG SHE THINKS THEY'RE MOVING IN and then repeated it to everyone, and it's not like Kelley went to Jennice and asked for a clarification (yet). I'm not seeing other Clingon qualities, necessarily, but god forbid this not get blown up into a soap opera for the finale/to maximize reunion discomfort.

agreed. It annoyed me that she said something about them moving in together when she was pretty much encouraging the Kelley/Jennice pairing.

• Love 1

Ben's a pretentious tantrum-throwing diva.

This. Personally I think Ben needs to grow up and accept that he's a chef on a private yacht and not at a Michelan star restaurant. Any number of issues with different guests have boiled down to Ben being a baby and wanting his own way. I don't think its fucking unreasonable to expect, if you are paying 100k for the trip, to say you want dinner served at 8:30. Nor do I think it's unreasonable for people who don't like certain things to expect or ask for different meals. While I like lamb and scallops, if a guest doesn't like it, she should be able to ask for something different without the chef pitching a hissy. And this latest debacle was all on Ben - the primary and his date were both pretty clear that she had simple tastes. Make two entrees. This isn't rocket science.

• Love 4

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think Kelly is good looking. Not at all. The tiny head and big ears just don't do it for me.

Even if I found him extremely good looking, the constant whining and crying would turn me off.

What was with his little temper tantrum at the crew dinner? He doesn't like what they're talking about so he pitches a fit like a 2 year old.

Yeah, don't find that the least bit attractive.

• Love 4

Kelley is a piece of crap. He knew Jennice had a boyfriend and he still came on to her. No respect. Then, once he 'got' her in the sack he had enough and suddenly did a turn around and wanted no part of a relationship with her. Is he just one more guy that only wants what someone else has? Is it the chase that turns him on and not the catch?  I think he's a scumbag that's messed up in his head and only needs to be needed by someone.

Oh, and Ben? Molecular gastronomy is an obnoxious, pretentious bit of food science that nobody cares about except stuffy, self-centered, egotistical chefs like you.

I am beginning to believe Jennice made up her boyfriend in order to be more appealing.   She certainly moved on in a hurry.  I found her a little too-let's go pick out the china pattern.  Kelley is screwed up but he lays on the line.  I think Jennice really wants to be part of the crew next year, but as a stew.

The primary asked for the molecular gastronomy.  Didn't Bianca eat the steak and potatoes?  I get she was limited but maybe the guy who likes sea cucumber ovaries should either come down a bit or make it clear it is molecular gastronomy for him and quesadillas for her. 

Last night's biggest disappointment was Kate plopping down a $300.00 tenderloin and having the guests dig in.  She could have easily plated to order out there or carved.  No one was drinking alcohol so it wasn't like she had her hands full.  I think her "Below Deck" days are over unless she has an in with production.  She just isn't all that into the job.  It really doesn't take a scheduling genius to staff for slopping four platters of food down and turn down the beds.  I am still trying to figure out why there aren't always three stews on for dinner service.

My guess is Kate runs off with the primary next week and lives happily ever after.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think Kelly is good looking. Not at all. The tiny head and big ears just don't do it for me.

Nah, I don't think he's hot either. I mean, he's not ugly but he's kind of corny-looking for me.

Now I find Eddie, despite how his hair looks when it gets into early Brandon Walsh mode (bangs down and all - otherwise, it's nice) and his inability to sit up straight, to be the best-looking on that boat by a looong shot.

• Love 6

But even at a Michelin star restaurant, they make exceptions. I've been very lucky to eat at some fantastic restaurants. I went to one restaurant, where they only serve one type of meal a day. We were there for a company event, so I didn't have a choice. It was a beef dish, and I didn't eat beef, so I thought I would just fill up on salad and things I could eat. Nope, despite the no substitution policy, they made me a salmon. Or, when I was at another upscale place, and an item sounded so tasty, but it had bacon. Again, something I can't eat, but they were kind enough to check with the kitchen if the bacon was already cooked into the sauce, or on the side. Unfortunately in this case, it was cooked in, but the chef was willing to accommodate me regardless (they gave me a different sauce). And I'm just an ordinary person, it isn't as if I'm either a frequent diner, or some high ranking individual.

So I'm not sure why Ben is so upset. The best restaurants can take simple items and elevate them. For example, I've had cheese sandwich and tomato soup as an appetizer at an upscale place. Granted the cheese was fontina and gruyere, they used truffle butter, and the bread was fresh baked and the soup was simply delicious. But technically on the menu, it was still called a cheese sandwich with tomato basil soup. 

Edited by nenya
  • Love 5

Jennice isn't my favorite, but in her defense, she mentioned that he might move to where she lives in Florida; Amy was the one who's like OMG SHE THINKS THEY'RE MOVING IN and then repeated it to everyone

Yeah I didn't hear Jennice say they were moving in together either. That whole bit of "drama" seemed totally fueled by Amy's own inability to hear/overreaction. 

I did find one thing strange about what Jennice was saying though. Didn't she say that Kelley lives in West Palm Beach?? And she said she lives in Ft. Lauderdale. That's like a 30-40 minute drive. So why was she acting like it would be some sort of long distance relationship unless he moved to where she was??

• Love 5

So I'm not sure why Ben is so upset. The best restaurants can take simple items and elevate them. For example, I've had cheese sandwich and tomato soup as an appetizer at an upscale place. Granted the cheese was fontina and gruyere, they used truffle butter, and the bread was fresh baked and the soup was simply delicious. But technically on the menu, it was still called a cheese sandwich with tomato basil soup. 

This. So much this. If Ben can only practice his "craft" by making fancy food he's pretty much shooting himself in the foot. By working on a yacht, or as any kind of personal chef (which this basically is because his job is to cater to passengers' tastes) you need to be adaptable. Vegetarians? Kosher? Molecular gastronomy? Quesadillas? Gotta know em all. And know how to make them well. I don't care how much you detest my request for a bacon cheeseburger....I still want it to taste good. Use fancy cheese. Organic grassfed beef....fancy expensive bacon. I don't care, but make it into a bacon cheeseburger! Hell, if he were working for an actual celebrity (or just a rich person) his ass would have been canned if he didn't cook to their specifications. This is the same situation....celeb status or not. Food is important to most people! It can make or break a trip. He needs to learn to deal with what his clients are asking for or get the hell into some fancy ass restaurant like Alinea where he can practice his "art".

• Love 3

Nah, I don't think he's hot either. I mean, he's not ugly but he's kind of corny-looking for me.

Now I find Eddie, despite how his hair looks when it gets into early Brandon Walsh mode (bangs down and all - otherwise, it's nice) and his inability to sit up straight, to be the best-looking on that boat by a looong shot.

I agree. I think Eddie is the best looking guy there. I don't understand the charter guests that gush over Kelly when Eddie is standing right there.

Eddie seems much more emotionally stable than Kelly too.

• Love 8

And know how to make them well. I don't care how much you detest my request for a bacon cheeseburger....I still want it to taste good. Use fancy cheese. Organic grassfed beef....fancy expensive bacon. I don't care, but make it into a bacon cheeseburger!

Fuck yeah.

You know what I love about the Westin chain of hotels? If I stay in one, and order the fucking bacon cheeseburger at their super Rx restaurants where everything is fresh and local and designed to be good for you (and to be fair is also really yummy, I love the tofu choices) then you know what? I get a fantastic bacon cheeseburger made with awesome yummy ingrediants and I fucking know the difference between a gourmet burger and a bacon double cheese at Carl's Jr.

Ben needs to grow up and understand that people just want it to taste good.

• Love 3

Even if I found him extremely good looking, the constant whining and crying would turn me off.

What was with his little temper tantrum at the crew dinner? He doesn't like what they're talking about so he pitches a fit like a 2 year old.

I do find him boyishly hot with one GREAT body.  The smoking turns me off though.  As does his stunted emotional maturity.

I could be wrong but wasn't his temper tantrum at dinner have more to do with him being upset that Kate was being a bitch to Amy?  And he wanted to confront her? And Amy just didn't want to elevate the drama?  

• Love 2

This episode was so lame. It was a douchebag client with a bimbo girlfriend and a bunch of minions with lame shirts. Instead of having fun, they played around on their laptops while making fun of various companies and their products.

What was up with Kate leaving the "other guests" to serve their own food buffet style? How classless. She's so miserable and shouldn't be in the service industry. She needs to be in the back office somewhere not in front of people.

Amy is amazing! I love her southern charm.

Kelley is annoying. He needs to grow up and be a man.

Jennice is definitely a Stage 5 Clinger. They must have edited out the part where she says she and Kelley will move in together. The episode only showed the part where she said they bought want to move to Ft. Lauderdale but I didn't hear anything about moving in together.

Do you guys remember the preview for this episode at the end of last week's? It appeared that Timothy Sykes was giving a penny stock lesson to the crew and said that it was over their heads. But I didn't see that scene in this week's episode. Was that just clever editing last week?

• Love 2

See, the way that the primary was talking about the Internet, such as "my Internet is bad, how's yours," or "what can you do about the Internet?" (while they're already at sea) and "can you get satellite?"... all that leads me to believe he has really no idea how the Internet actually works. I enjoyed watching this stupidity a lot. I wish Captain Lee had just straight out said "it's as good as it's going to get," though I would have also enjoyed seeing Kate scowl at the router.

• Love 6

Ben's a pretentious tantrum-throwing diva.

I eat molecular gastro sorts of food and have visited many top restaurants where they feed you strange stuff that would freak out somebody who just wants something they can recognize. If I was chartering a yacht, chances are I'd request poutine and a chocolate milkshake. It's vacation. Put up the slide and don't challenge my palate. I'd just want to indulge.

You're paying for the options. You're not required to utilize them. Ben needs somebody to embroider that on a pillow for him.

• Love 4

Agreed. The dick looked decent in the pic, but ya gotta have more than just a decent dick to ride this ride. And the face is too buttery for me.

• Love 3

Yeah I didn't hear Jennice say they were moving in together either. That whole bit of "drama" seemed totally fueled by Amy's own inability to hear/overreaction. 

I did find one thing strange about what Jennice was saying though. Didn't she say that Kelley lives in West Palm Beach?? And she said she lives in Ft. Lauderdale. That's like a 30-40 minute drive. So why was she acting like it would be some sort of long distance relationship unless he moved to where she was??

Probably because Jennice isn't very bright.  I mean, she somehow figured being a deckhand was a great fit for her petite body that has no muscle tone.  And she hasn't figured out that maybe she should be a steward because that's the only place she's useful.  So of course she'd view a 30-40 minute drive as being East Coast/West Coast.

• Love 2
Kelley is a piece of crap. He knew Jennice had a boyfriend and he still came on to her. No respect.

I laughed when I read this.  When I was in college, having a boyfriend meant that you were dating one guy but not necessarily sleeping with them.  People used to "play the field" all the time.  I don't know if Kelley was hitting on Jennice or if they were just flirting.  I think Kelley said he had a girlfriend but it wasn't serious, which I took to mean they were just hanging out without commitment.  

• Love 3

Uh, I prefer when his hair is all messed up and Brandon Walsh-like. Grrrrr. 

• Love 2

Eddie is the one I would be crushing on on that boat. He's the cutest and coolest. I don't know that he's married but he's obviously in a committed relationship and is faithful as no one so much as flirts with him. And Kat makes sexual references to all the men so that's really something!

Kelley and Amy and their parent's "bad things". Interesting. Jail time even....wow. No wonder Kelley is messed up. I'm sure Amy has many demons too, well hidden beneath her Southern pageant persona. Kelley is one of THOSE people, the ones that can't be alone, must be in a relationship at all times. So needy and insecure. Ugh!!

• Love 3

So basically, Ben not making quesadillas for the primary's girlfriend cost the group $5,000?  Was he supposed to make them for every meal?  I could see where the appetizer would make her squeamish, but it's not like the steak should've.  The fact that he did make them should've counted for something.  I think the guy just wanted to be shown as a jerk.  Amy is awesome, she's exactly the person who should've served that dinner.  Could you imagine Kate serving them and having them ask for quesadillas?

Ben is right to have Amy on his team, how many episodes have we had where the guests have complained about Kate.  I think Ben was trying to salvage the food by having Amy serve it.

I don't think Jennice is a stalker, she thinks he's legitimately interested in her but now that's he got her, he's being a typical boy about the whole thing.  I'm sure they have talked about what happens after the show but he probably didn't want everyone else to know about those discussions.

• Love 3

Ah, the Eddie fans are coming out of the woodwork! Count me in. I have no idea why anyone would look twice at Kelley, not with Eddie on board. I'd be all about that. And I also like the early Brandon Walsh longish bangs, sun-bleached....yes please. More Eddie.

Kate plunged in my respect rankings this week, and she wasn't that high to begin with. What a B she was to Amy. The font thing though was awesome, I totally judge Comic Sans people too, ha ha. She would be fun as like a neighbor or something, someone you don't work with (or especially for) but see here and there, good for a laugh and snarkiness, but no one I'd want too close in my life.

• Love 4

Ah, the Eddie fans are coming out of the woodwork! Count me in. I have no idea why anyone would look twice at Kelley, not with Eddie on board. I'd be all about that. And I also like the early Brandon Walsh longish bangs, sun-bleached....yes please. More Eddie.

Kate plunged in my respect rankings this week, and she wasn't that high to begin with. What a B she was to Amy. The font thing though was awesome, I totally judge Comic Sans people too, ha ha. She would be fun as like a neighbor or something, someone you don't work with (or especially for) but see here and there, good for a laugh and snarkiness, but no one I'd want too close in my life.

Eddie had me at his "frat bro" impersonation.  He's adorable.  And seems responsible too.  He gets a buzz but he's not an angry drunk.  He is a silly drunk.  Total cutie. 

I assume he's either in a real relationship and is basically hands off when it comes to that.  The girls on board know it and don't mess with it.

Now, am I wrong or is there a little spark with Ben and Amy?  I wouldn't be surprised if next year, there's a shipboard romance and Kat gets all bent out of shape.

• Love 2

I'll have to watch closer to see if I see a spark between Amy and Ben. Ooh-trouble brewing. Love it!

The finale didn't look too exciting. I hope there's a reunion again this time. Would love to see Kate put on the hot seat and hear Captain Lee's commentary on this crew. Last time he didn't mince words, ha ha.

I loved Eddie when he acted like he was crazy and was making Amy crack up. He really is adorable! I hope there's another season with Amy as Chief Stew. I'd like to see Amy, Eddie, Logan and Kelley back. Kate, Kat and Jennice can go. Especially Kate. I hope to never see her resting bitch face again.

• Love 4

Agreed. The dick looked decent in the pic, but ya gotta have more than just a decent dick to ride this ride. And the face is too buttery for me.

If that's just "decent" I'm jealous of you. ;) That said, for me, Kelley looks good to me sometimes and bad in others it depends on the picture/light/angle.

He definitely needs to become more mature. Given his service in the Marines, I wonder if it's the cameras contributing to his emotional jags. The idea, even subconsciously, of people watching/judging him could be a part of it because I can't believe that flies in the Marines..

• Love 1

Given his service in the Marines, I wonder if it's the cameras contributing to his emotional jags. The idea, even subconsciously, of people watching/judging him could be a part of it because I can't believe that flies in the Marines..

Ok, I am going to say something not very nice about our service people. So right up front - I have served my country, in the Army, during an actual war.

Joining the military doesn't make you emotionally stable. There are plenty of crybabies in all parts of the service. You're shoving a bunch of immature kids together and screaming at them. Anyone with physical fitness and the wit to shut their mouth when the harassment starts can get to be a soldier or a Marine. It doesn't imbue you with any added maturity *unless you are also growing up and becoming more responsible on your own*. There are plenty of people who go into the Marine, the Army, the Navy, as immature 18 year olds, and all they take away three years later when they leave is whatever job skill they learned and as soon as they don't have someone screaming at them, they're back to their immature ways.

I have known plenty of Kelleys in my life. He wasn't this way in the Marines because in the Marines, it doesn't fly... but he's not in the Marines any more and he knows it.

• Love 7

If that's just "decent" I'm jealous of you. ;) That said, for me, Kelley looks good to me sometimes and bad in others it depends on the picture/light/angle.

It's a good size, but I've seen no evidence that he know how to use it well. And that's as important, if not more so, as size.

• Love 5

Ok, I am going to say something not very nice about our service people. So right up front - I have served my country, in the Army, during an actual war.

Joining the military doesn't make you emotionally stable. There are plenty of crybabies in all parts of the service. You're shoving a bunch of immature kids together and screaming at them. Anyone with physical fitness and the wit to shut their mouth when the harassment starts can get to be a soldier or a Marine. It doesn't imbue you with any added maturity *unless you are also growing up and becoming more responsible on your own*. There are plenty of people who go into the Marine, the Army, the Navy, as immature 18 year olds, and all they take away three years later when they leave is whatever job skill they learned and as soon as they don't have someone screaming at them, they're back to their immature ways.

I have known plenty of Kelleys in my life. He wasn't this way in the Marines because in the Marines, it doesn't fly... but he's not in the Marines any more and he knows it.

I agree with your point, and I sorta muddled two of my thoughts together. I agree that just being in the Marines would not make him more emotionally stable. I just thought the Marine experience would cause the emotional issues to demonstrate itself in a different way: anger, impulse control, etc. Speaking only for myself - if I did anything for three years, it would impact me.

Jennice and Kelley, what a mind twister. They like each other, she doesn't like him (he has "anger issues"), she likes him again, now he fears commitment.....what a trainwreck. I'm sure they broke up the second the charter was over.

Wasn't he laughing with Eddie or the new guy (can't remember which) saying no way in hell was he going to be living with her?. What changed so suddenly? Who knew he was the type that loses interest once he gets them. I didn't see that coming. He was acting all puppy dog hurt when she wasn't interested. I wasted ALOT of years on douchnozzles like that, thank god I finally came to my senses. 

Edited by demarti
  • Love 4

Who in their right mind would ever hire Kate to be a chief steward on their boat after this dismal performance? Busting on just about every charter guest....hanging her people out to dry by not helping them when they are in the weeds in service....not coordinating with the kitchen to the point that the chef has to step in to dictate staff so the food will be served properly...it just goes on and on.

She should never get a job in the yachting industry again.

If only there was a twating industry. She would be a superstar. 

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 4
Was he supposed to make them for every meal?

No. But she requested them and he had to be forced to make them. Seriously, the girlfriend didn't actually seem that picky, she ate the salmon muffins she just scraped off the caviar.Also, this isn't the first time that Ben has gone out of his way to not make the meals that the guests request. By the way the primary, his girlfriend and even the two bitch sisters (Kate and Kat) reacted to Ben's menu I think there was more to the conversation about the romantic dinner menu than we saw. 

• Love 2

I was laughing when they said Kelley lives in West Palm and Jennice in Fort Lauderdale because I live in Fort Lauderdale and I live with my sister who commutes to west palm for work a couple times a week... It's really not a big deal. I could see if they were in a more serious stage of the relationship, but to me I actually prefer a little distance so that would be almost perfect. Who knows how they edited it but I don't really think Jennice meant they were moving in, but I'd be a little weirded out if I heard that second hand like allegedly Kelley did... But being an adult I would have approached Jennice and not trash talked her to everyone else.

Quesadilla-gate... I'd be pretty pissed if bens ego cost me a couple hundred dollars too.

What I don't understand, was when they were walking to the boats and Bianca was commenting on the other boats being so small... She does realize that her precious boyfriend chartered theirs...right? As in it is not his boat. Not that I think chartering is any small chunk of change, but if money was such a non object like he acted... Then buy his own damn boat and call it "the quesadilla". I also love how he thinks the crew has any ability to control the Internet service at sea. Not the brightest crayon in the box if he thought they could just call someone to reposition the satellites for a more optimum Internet signal.

• Love 7

As I understand it, the "traders" were seminar participants who lucked into an invitation to appear on the show to beef up the story. I see these ads every once in a while, where someone who claims to have made lots of money from trading offers to teach you his secrets at a workshop or seminar. You pay him to attend and that's the "secret" of his success.

I'm assuming the hot girlfriend was also rented for the show. I doubt they are a real couple. The only real part of the thing is that the primary is a colossal jackass. I suppose the captain suffers other crass jerks in real life - not everyone who charters yachts is elegant and dignified - but I think this jerk set a low standard.

What the hell is wrong with Ben? He veers from wry coolness to manic diva. Maybe he and Kate and some of the others know this is not real life, they are frustrated with the rigors of production, and they feel the petulant behavior and temper tantrums don't matter to their real lives.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 7

As I understand it, the "traders" were seminar participants who lucked into an invitation to appear on the show to beef up the story. I see these ads every once in a while, where someone who claims to have made lots of money from trading offers to teach you his secrets at a workshop or seminar. You pay him to attend and that's the "secret" of his success.

I'm assuming the hot girlfriend was also rented for the show. I doubt they are a real couple. The only real part of the thing is that the primary is a colossal jackass. I suppose the captain suffers other crass jerks in real life - not everyone who charters yachts is elegant and dignified - but I think this jerk set a low standard.

What the hell is wrong with Ben? He veers from wry coolness to manic diva. Maybe he and Kate and some of the others know this is not real life, they are frustrated with the rigors of production, and they feel the petulant behavior and temper tantrums don't matter to their real lives.

Spot on. Ben does veer from cool to manic meltdown. He's an odd bird, that one. I used to really like him but he's too pretentious about his "craft". Ha.

I also think the girlfriend was rented for this show. Yea, and her stupid commentary about how "sad" it was that all the other boats were so little or whatever. His arrogance rubbed off on her fast.

Honestly I don't know how the Captain or any of the crew can STAND to be around all of the vile people that board that boat. None of them were classy in the least, some of course way worse than others. I had to bleach my brain after seeing Adrienne grinding on that woman....retching again. I would find it hard to be as smiley as Amy around all these nasty and pretentious douches.

• Love 4

I was a season 1 watcher and I've seen most of the episodes on season 2. There is no way that season 2 (and perhaps even season 1) was not 92% producer manipulation. And that includes attitudes, fake relations, reactions, primary guests. Season 1 was probably more like 50%-65%. But that's just my opinion.

• Love 1

I wish season 1 was available for streaming. I don't see it anywhere, even for rent, and as much as I want to see it, I don't want to pay $20 for the season. Oh well. 

No way would I pay 20 bucks for Season One - RE:  S1/ keep searching and I hope you will find it for free somewhere.  When Bravo announced the cast switch-up from S1 to S2 I was sort of disappointed at first but in retrospect I like the current cast better than S1's.

• Love 2

What sexual partners? We've only seen Kat sleep with ONE person during two seasons of the show.

To me, it's the vibe that Kat gives off of being easy pickin's once you buy this party girl a drink and this is based on what she had to say about her past behavior in season 1.

And she seems to be ok with that.

• Love 4

To me, it's the vibe that Kat gives off of being easy pickin's once you buy this party girl a drink and this is based on what she had to say about her past behavior in season 1.

And she seems to be ok with that.

Plus she shines it on with every male. She just can't help herself! She's embarassing, not empowered.

• Love 4

I'd also cite the whole "Maybe I gave some guy a blowjob, I can't deny it because I was so drunk" and "maybe nothing happened but I have no problem being filmed possibly having sexual relations with the chef who is in a relationship with someone else" stuff. Sorry, maybe I am just a stiff not free about my sexuality type, but when I know a guy has a girlfriend, I don't try to hump him. (and since it will come up, yes I do think a great deal less of Ben for stating he has a girlfriend and allowing himself to be filmed maybe cheating on her)

Kat clearly doesn't have a problem with depicting herself as the girl who scores. I don't think she's a chaste virgin. But the behavior I define as "slutty" is knowingly going after a guy that you know is already in a relationship. Yes, he's wrong too, but so is Kat.

• Love 4

Actually rich people are the worst tippers. If you have ever worked in a service industry at all you would have the experience of rich and especially famous people not tipping or tipping very poorly in comparison to other more "normal" people. Their sense of entitlement is boundless and they think you should kiss their ass for the privilege of serving them. It is the hard working people who came up from nothing who remember how it was working from paycheck to paycheck who are  the ones who are really generous.

That is why "Snookie" and her "escorts" gave the best tip of the season. That is very true to life. Just sayn'

• Love 9

Gah! Finally caught the episode, at dinner time no less with a 2 and 4 year old. Don't judge, weekends the kids get to eat in the living room with a movie. Why isn't this onDemand yet?

Needless to say, I only half caught the episode but wanted to weigh in on the Kelley vs. Eddie debate. I just turned 30 last week, happily married for 10 years so my option may be skewed but if I were "on the prowl" Kelley would be my first pick based on looks and immediate attractiveness alone. Then, after having a conversation with the guy I would realize what a loser/tool he is and opt for Eddie. Eddie is cute in the non conventional way and I'm sure we could carry on a conversation together. Does that make me a bad person? Perhaps, but that's based solely on first impressions.

• Love 2