Type keyword(s) to search

Fargo In The Media

halgia
  • Start Topic

Thanks for the link. I didn't realize the first season won Best Miniseries. Good, cause I've always considered it the best, even better than the original film. I hope the new season will take place back in MN, complete with snow, unique northern characters, and that strange atmosphere that matches the forlorn music. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Razzberry said:

I'm hoping the Coens take more control and get this series back on track.

Is that why it went to St Louis & dealt with that area's gangs?  I didn't watch but my husband did. All I could hear were shouts & police sirens. Yuck. The beauty of Fargo being set in the north is the cold weather, frosty scenery & way of life (complete with funny hats with ear flaps, and galoshes). Even cold-blooded murderers slip & slide humorously on the ice. One minute you're laughing, the next you're gasping in horror. Hope the brothers take us back to MN (too bad they can't bring back Malvo 👀).

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Razzberry said:

I'm hoping the Coens take more control and get this series back on track.

The Coens have very little to do with this series. They liked Hawley's first script so they agreed to be executive producers but I think that's where their participation ends. 

For what it's worth, the next season will be set in the upper midwest so to me that means ND, SD, MN, WI or MI

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The Coens have very little to do with this series. They liked Hawley's first script so they agreed to be executive producers but I think that's where their participation ends. 

For what it's worth, the next season will be set in the upper midwest so to me that means ND, SD, MN, WI or MI

That's the official story, but I just don't believe it.

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Razzberry said:

That's the official story, but I just don't believe it.

That they're not a part of it?  I think they're too busy doing movies to be a part of this. Plus, it's not even about the characters they created. 

I'm a huge Coen's fan, and don't necessarily believe anything they say, any more than I believe their "This is a true story".   I don't doubt they had little to do with last season, however. It's not so much the location or cast, but it was devoid of their signature dark humor and playfulness. `The differences between seasons one and four is striking.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Is this available on Hulu?

I would imagine.

Don't all FX shows go to Hulu?

Until their deal ends, whenever that might be.

But Disney owns FX and owns a part of Hulu and supposedly Disney wants to buy out Comcast, which also owns Hulu.

• Useful 2

This season looks like Fargo is getting back to it's roots, what we loved about the original Fargo.  The last few seasons strayed from North Dakota/Minnesota and current day; I watched but was not captivated by them.  Those seasons didn't resemble "Fargo" at all.  I'm really looking forward to this new season.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

The Ringer Prestige TV podcast is recapping season 5.

https://www.theringer.com/2023/11/29/23980075/fargo-season-5-episodes-1-3-recap-fx-hulu

They kind of summarize the series, briefly discuss each season, how the show has related to the movie.

They quote Hawley as saying he wants the series to be an exploration of American life, especially the capitalistic system.

I guess it's true in a way, several of the characters across the seasons have been involved in big business, like the Ewan MacGregor character and this season, it's Lorraine.

Other seasons featured organized crime, which is also a hierarchical business organization.

• Useful 2