BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION OR LIMITED SERIES

Bokeem Woodbine – Fargo

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION OR LIMITED SERIES

Cristin Milioti – Fargo

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION OR LIMITED SERIES

Jean Smart – Fargo

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

Kirsten Dunst was robbed! I have never witnessed such a laughable theft. I wanted to jump into the Golden Globes and go full Kanye on the proceedings. Also, Ted Danson has been so underrated, especially considering the last few episodes.

• Love 5

Take it with a grain of salt, it's the Golden Globes. I can only hope the Emmys goes better. And Ted Danson has a career out of being underrated, he only has two Emmys as opposed to the 15 he was nominated for. Voters always seemed to go for flashier, more cartoony performances than his.

Yeah, I started to go down the path of indignation when I heard they gave Gaga the award instead of Kiki, then I reminded myself that the GG's awards are pretty much drunk in every way. I gave up on this season of AHS after the first episode, so I can't speak for the entire season, but Gaga was essentially a very beautifully adorned, bloody piece of wood in the first episode.

• Love 1

Nutjob and cpcathy, I thought I was the only one (or few) who couldn't stomach AHSthis season after only one episode. Not even the amazing Kathy Bates could entice me to come back to that (red) hot mess for a second shot.  And I was looking forward to the season!  Lady Gaga was horrendous.

In Hawley We Trust should be our new slogan. I think Ewan will do a fantastic job, not sure just how Hawley does it, but season 2 was absolute perfection in a TV series, I expect season 3 will be the same.

• Love 2

The "parking lot king of Minnesota."  Love it!  Ask any Los Angeles Dodger fan about the horrors of having a parking lot king owning their team!

Seems a guarantee we will see some familiar faces.  Again, love it!

I always hold out hope we might could see Lorne Malvo again, but it is evident that will not be this season.  Oh well.

My first thought is it would be great to see that teenager, who helped out babysitting Molly, as a grown woman.

I love this idea, and I think Ewan will be fantastic. Also, Hawley was very careful to say that none of the characters from the first season will be back, which means we might see some from the second season. I'm hoping we'll get a glimpse of a grown up Charlie Gerhardt--he's the only one whose story didn't get any real closure.

• Love 1

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that both Ted Danson and Patrick Wilson did not get nominated, it was a crowded year--the OJ miniseries was a juggernaut (even if I stopped watching about 3 episodes in). They both did such lovely, subtle work, acting like that sometimes does not get rewarded. Congrats for Bokeem, Jean, Jesse and Kirsten!

• Love 1

Thrilled for Kirsten, Jean, Jesse, and Bokeem!  Bummed that Patrick Wilson and Ted Danson didn't get in, but their categories were tough, and I did think Patrick would have it rough since his character wasn't as flashy as the rest.  I hope it picks up a trophy or two, but I'm prepared for the worst.  I think this was one of the best series of the Emmy season, but I think will be tough to beat The People vs. OJ Simpson, which was really good too, and has a lot more hype, momentum, and big moments.  Hell, as much as love Kirsten Dunst and want her to a take, a small part of me still wouldn't mind if it was Sarah Paulson.

I think the academy likes the idea of nominating Travolta, he won't win for sure. It was a flashier, more cartoony role. Hoping for Bokeem to pull out the win over the OJ actors.

• Love 1
On 7/14/2016 at 11:20 AM, Nutjob said:

Fargo nabbed 18 Emmy noms, including Best Limited Series and acting noms for Kirsten, Jean, Jesse, and BOKEEM. YAY!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/emmys-2016-full-list-nominations-910903

All of Fargo's Emmy nominations:

Lead actress in a limited series - Kirsten Dunst
Outstanding limited series
Outstanding supporting actor in a limited series or movie - Jesse Plemons
Outstanding supporting actor in a limited series or movie - Bokeem Woodbine
Outstanding supporting actress in a limited series or movie - Jean Smart
Outstanding production design for a narrative period program (one hour or more)
Outstanding Casting For A Limited Series, Movie Or Special
Outstanding Cinematography For A Limited Series Or Movie
Outstanding Directing For A Limited Series, Movie Or Dramatic Special - Noah Hawley
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Limited Series Or Movie - Curtis Thurber, Skip Macdonald
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Limited Series Or Movie - Skip Macdonald
Outstanding Hairstyling For A Limited Series Or Movie
Outstanding Sound Editing For A Limited Series, Movie Or Special
Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Limited Series Or Movie
Outstanding Makeup For A Limited Series Or Movie (Non-Prosthetic)
Outstanding Music Composition For A Limited Series, Movie Or Special (Original Dramatic Score)
Outstanding Writing For A Limited Series, Movie Or Dramatic Special - Bob DeLaurentis
Outstanding Writing For A Limited Series, Movie Or Dramatic Special - Noah Hawley

Besides the obvious ones, like Bokeem and Kerstin (sorry, Sarah!), I would like to see Noah win, as well as music composition and casting. I think the flashiness of OJ will give them the big win for miniseries, unfortunately.

No real surprise, but the show got shutout at the Emmys this go around.  The People vs. OJ Simpson pretty much dominated, and the few outliers was the show losing to The Night Manager for best directing and Jean Smart losing to Regina King for best supporting actress.  Oh, well.  This season will still go down as one of my favorite seasons of all time.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 4

This season was miles ahead of last season, which won the Emmy. I was so hoping for Noah to win something, because he gave me 10 + hours of my favorite television all last year.  Kudos to you, Noah, and sorry for the losses.

• Love 5

Thinking about this some more:  IMO, The People v. OJ had some serious flaws, starting with the serious miscasting of Cuba Gooding, Jr. as OJ.  The first couple of episodes, with their Kardashian pandering, had me worried that the schlock factor was going to take over.  The series recovered well and had some excellent scripts afterwards, but for me, S2 of Fargo was perfection from start to finish. It's a real shame that Patrick Wilson and Ted Danson did not receive nominations, and I'm sorry Fargo was so completely overshadowed by the OJ juggernaut.

• Love 5

I checked out of TPVOJS after three episodes, the race relations stuff seemed too heightened the Kardashians were mentioned every dang episode! Yes, I thought the schlock factor was indeed taking over. Fargo was better storytelling, even better than season one (which meandered a bit toward the end). I never wanted an episode of Fargo to end. And Patrick and Ted were robbed.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I checked out of TPVOJS after three episodes, the race relations stuff seemed too heightened the Kardashians were mentioned every dang episode! Yes, I thought the schlock factor was indeed taking over.

As I noted above, it got better, and you might want to watch the rest of it at some point.  Courtney Vance enters as Johnny Cochrane in Ep. 4, and the next two episodes, The Race Card and Marcia, Marcia, Marcia are outstanding.  But overall, I think the quality was not as consistent as Fargo's.

I also think it was more difficult for Noah and his co writers to construct a complete new, original story (while weaving Easter eggs from Coen films throughout) than to rehash the OJ Trial.

Don't mind me, still grumpy about the Emmy loss!

• Love 2