Type keyword(s) to search

Jane the Virgin in the Media

Actually you are correct.  I skimmed it too quickly the other day and didn't notice it jumps straight from 4 to 8.

To say that sucks is an understatement.  Free OR paid you can't use Hulu to see all of the episodes.

So it's 

1 - free, 2 - paid, 3, 4 - free, 5,6,7 - missing, 8,9 - free

Makes no damn sense.

Ugh

Thank you for confirming that. I need to find a way to watch those episodes, was hoping to be up to date when the new episode airs on Monday.  This makes no sense.

Ugh

Thank you for confirming that. I need to find a way to watch those episodes, was hoping to be up to date when the new episode airs on Monday.  This makes no sense.

Again, if you are willing to pay $2 a piece for each of the missing episodes in the middle, you can use most of the various pay-per-episode solutions out there.

• Love 1

Oh dear.  I just watched eps one and two and was hoping to find them somewhere for free so I can watch Monday and not miss the original order.  I don't want to jump ahead, since the writing is soap-ish, and fun.  This means I will not watch Monday, and will wait for the show to come out on DVD so I can watch it in the proper order.  Thanks, show.

• Love 1

Oh dear.  I just watched eps one and two and was hoping to find them somewhere for free so I can watch Monday and not miss the original order.  I don't want to jump ahead, since the writing is soap-ish, and fun.  This means I will not watch Monday, and will wait for the show to come out on DVD so I can watch it in the proper order.  Thanks, show.

The per-episode option right now might be cheaper, since it looks like you only have to do it for a few episodes (as long as it's now, since more episodes will probably age out of being free as time goes on). I mean $6 vs. whatever the DVD would cost.  I guess it depends on if you think you'll want to rewatch the show more than once.

For any Canadians wanting to catch up (since as far as I know we aren't able to access Hulu or full episodes on the CW site), Shomi (the Canadian streaming site for Shaw or Rogers customers) has all of the episodes up. Like Netflix it's $9 a month but the selection of other shows/movies is well worth it.

Good news on ratings!

THE CW | Ticking up to 1.36 mil and a 0.6, Jane the Virgin bested lead-in The Originals (which slipped 18 and 29 percent to 1.2 mil/0.5).

http://tvline.com/2015/02/10/sleepy-hollow-season-2-ratings-2/

allonsyalice, thanks for the link to the Bridget Regan interview! It sounds like she's having a ton of fun with her role, particularly the big bad elements of it.

Edited by Minneapple

allonsyalice, thanks for the link to the Bridget Regan interview! It sounds like she's having a ton of fun with her role, particularly the big bad elements of it.

No problem thought you guys would enjoy the read as much as I do. She seems like a really fun person to interview (I'm a journalism student so I'm always studying interviews) and it was cool to her perspective on things as well!

Even though this isn't technically media, I didn't know where else to post this. On Twitter, if you tweet to @RogelioDeLaVega and @CWJaneTheVirgin with the hashtag #BeMine, within a couple of hours you'll get a very special tweet from Rogelio himself. Honest; I just got my reply when I got home from work and it made my day! 

This isn't Jaime Camil's Twitter; it's supposed to be Rogelio's himself, and if you don't follow him, you really should because whoever does the tweets for him has his voice down perfectly.

• Love 1

Jane wasn't ever going to win an Emmy anyway. The Emmys are all about awarding the same old thing as much as the Golden Globes are about awarding the shiny new thing. 

I do think it's a stupid rule, but the Academy does seem to have left a loophole and will let producers of hour-long shows plead their case before a panel, which will vote whether to make an exception. I'm fairly confident that Jane the Virgin would be able to get one, no problem. 

I wonder what the justification for the rule was. Maybe the Academy is sick of dramedies that are more drama than comedy submitting for the latter? 

People are speculating that it's mostly a pushback from traditionalists against certain streaming shows, especially Orange is the New Black. I mean, even fans of the show who follow awards find the show to be pretty dramatic.

Edited by jjjmoss

Jane's possible Emmy chances are fucked.

The Academy is now making all hour-long shows submit in Drama. 

You have to read the fine print:  those are just the default rules.  You can still petition to be put into other categories, which I expect a show like Jane would be allowed to do.

Though I don't think it's likely to be nominated either way.  The Emmys have never gone for anything on the WB/UPN/CW.

I mean, even fans of the show who follow awards find the show to be pretty dramatic.

Yeah, there was a lot of eye-rolling when (IIRC) OITNB submitted itself for Drama for the Golden Globes but then switched to Comedy for the Emmys. Actually, as dumb and arbitrary as the rule on the surface sounds, I think I could be for it if it cuts down on that sort of thing, because category-hopping is annoying.

Now if they could only find a way to cut down on actors who are leads submitting themselves in the Best Supporting category because they have a better chance there... that'd be great, too.

• Love 1
But Michael is extremely good looking and just the nicest, most loving person ever and they clearly love each other like crazy.

I get that the author is Team Michael which...fine.  YMMV and all that jazz but nicest?  Love each other like crazy?  She doesn't need to make stuff up. 

• Love 2

I see that myself. But I don't personally see any real love between Rafael/Jane considering they literally don't even know each other. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'm just really happy to see that there are people who prefer Jane/Michael to Jane/Rafael because I thought for sure I was mostly alone there.

Also, knowing that Gina is Team Michael will help me get over the extreme Jane hate I have been feeling lately.

• Love 5

There will be a live stream of the PaleyFest event here starting at 7:55 pm et.

Watching it now.  Holy crap, I had no idea the actress who plays Jane's abuela was so young looking!

Aaand commence the Jane the Virgin Motivational Speaking Tour!

Wish I could've been there, but it was great being able to see the PaleyFest live stream. The cast gels so well together, and Gina's honest, reflective and genuine responses made me tear up. I love how sweet and heartwarming the cast's responses were. I couldn't stop smiling when they talked about how thrilled the Golden Globes nomination made them, as well as their support for Gina. This show is truly a gem and my favorite thing on TV right now.

• Love 4

Rafael is a fictional character so I don't feel bad for him. 

But reading the rationale of the cast and I'm kind of left scratching my head.  They talk about hiim as if those first three or four episodes just didn't happen. 

• Love 3

Don't think it matters at all, I've seen quite a few examples of the cast, even the people involved in the triangle, being all for one choice and the eventual outcome being a different person. It's been pretty clear from the pilot that it's going to be Rafael in the end (as much as I wouldn't want that). I'd prefer if the show had less shipping and more comedy, myself. I barely care about Jane at this point, her storyline is way too focused on romance, which is a shame, because the actress is good.

• Love 1

They may be less prestigious and I don't necessarily agree with all of their nominations, but at least they looked beyond the same old shows that are always nominated for the Emmy awards.

• Love 1

Well it's dumb because A) there's a bunch of top-tier shows with several episodes left to air, but they come up with noms now so previous winners/nominees of theirs are snubbed just cuz they didn't see enough.

B) they seem to purposefully ignore Emmy contenders as much as possible to try to have some 'impact.'