Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Wedding Countdown!

For detail on Fundie wedding: mine was in a packed church, standing room only. It was so hot, one of my groomsmen fainted! We did not dance and served ice tea, water and lemonade at the reception. I had a flute and cello playing in the background, but I was the first bride who had EVER done this and it was considered very "classy" and other brides after me started using some type of background music. Because I married outside the culture, and outside the geographical area where I was born, my mother-in-law and parents knew we did feed my guest, so the wedding was a light buffet with hot and cold foods, but heavily discounted as a "gift."

We did not go around to tables, but we did do a receiving line and I spoke to every guest. If you couldn't be in the line for health reasons, my bridesmaids were told to doublecheck so I could go to them. I did not eat that day.

And I think Jana goes to DC to get away, not to work. And I think she and Anna are probably pretty close, perhaps closer now than she is to some of her sisters. Which might explain why Anna was so protective of her doing all of the work.

• Love 13

He said he wasn't sure he would be able to help them all.... which is pretty spot on and honest.  I'm sure he would love to help all his kids the way he has with Jill but no one knows if they will keep having the money coming in that they do now by the time Josie is getting hitched.

The duggars getting married in the next 2-3 years will probably be really freaking lucky and spoiled in what they receive.  

Not saying they shouldn't either, it's great that their parents can help them get a good start. 

I'm okay with this since they were the ones that got to endure blanket training, Michelle's breakdown, and living like sardines in a can before TLC helped with the TTH, not to mention raising their siblings (this only applies to the older girls, but still). Getting spoiled when it comes time for marriage and moving out could help offset some of their early years a little, at least.

Ha Ha, good point! It gives Jessa the perfect excuse to avoid hosting Thanksgiving!!!

Do you think anyone would want her to host anyway? Imagine the overcooked, dry turkey, burned rolls and pumpkin pie with the seeds in it! She'd only have to host once ;)

• Love 4

Jana and Anna do have a different relationship than Anna does with the other sisters. I have to imagine it is because they're a bit closer in age and also because Jana has been out to DC quite a few times -- where she is basically with Anna and the kids 8 hrs a day during the week while Josh works. I imagine that gives them time to chat, walk around town, take the kids places etc. While it seems "unfair" that Jana is being used as a nanny -- I'm not sure if Anna is really doing that to her. Sure there may be an expectation that she helps feed a kid or whatever when she's around, but I don't get the sense that Anna dumps the kids on her and says "ok I'll be back in 5 hrs, make sure they get breakfast and lunch." HELPING to take care of 3 is still a lot less work than raising dozens at home. I really did believe Anna when she seemed sad/surprised that Jana has had to work on all this stuff alone for the last 1-2 months, and I believed her when she said she would have helped; it would have been hard with the kids and I'm not sure if she sews (though I think she did her own bridesmaid dresses) but I see her as the type who would say "ok - tell me what to do. Ok how about I start with 1 tie and see how that goes. Oh look I'm up to 6 ties" -- she would take work off of Jana's plate as she could.

Let's face it Anna wasn't raised by the Duggars -- while still fundie, her values may be a bit different than the Duggars'; it's possible that her family doesn't over-work 1-2 siblings while the others go off and hang out. It may be more of a "we're all in it together" family.

• Love 10

Obviously Anna's family has its own issues (there is the sister living off in a trailer and then going overseas with the guy claiming to be a missionary) but we don't know that the family is happy about that, to be honest.   And what does one say about Priscilla?  I'm not sure one says anything at all.  Whatever is going on there isn't only about David Waller.

But when Jana comes to visit, I can't see her dumping the kids and running off, because I have no idea where she would GO!  She isn't going to be hanging out in the parking lot waiting for Josh, and if she wanted to go somewhere, it would, frankly, be more fun around here to just load up Jana and go with her, even if they had to take the kids with her.  She's not a reader, or a student, or something like that, as far as I know.  She still might be breast feeding, so she couldn't be gone long.  It might be that she impinges on Jana to get a nap, but it might also be that Jana comes to DC to have a few mornings to sleep in!

• Love 1

I just looked up the property records for the Duggars.  The house very pretty.  The taxes alone are over 4K a year.  Not sure if I can post the google map on here or not.  However, I did look on both realtor.com and zillow and it is definitely not listed for sale. So unless Boob has it listed for sale by owner, I think it's a bunch of bunk that it's up for sale. 

Interesting that John David owns a 2000 square foot house on the same street.  It's not nearly as nice.  But at least it is in his name.  Most of the other properties (about 16 total in this one county alone) are under a company called Duggar properties and Duggar Revocable Living trust.  

I guess it's okay for the boys to have businesses  and own property, but not the girls. 

• Love 2

I just LOVED the awkward part where Derrick flopped down on the bed, and Jill paused and then sat on the fainting couch instead, and James sat beside her, and then Derrick came over and gently moved him over to sit next to Jill, and they talked about how they're just holding hands for now...and then he said what we on these boards have been saying for a long time,

"In one day we're going to go from holding hands to...awkward pause...living together and being married."  There was such a huge elephant in the room because it's obvious that they were both thinking at that moment, as were all the viewers, "YES, YOU'RE GOING FROM HOLDING HANDS TO KISSING AND HAVING SEX WITHIN A MATTER OF HOURS!" and it's been discussed ad infinitum in every form of media, and every detail of it examined with your parents as well!!  Talk about performance anxiety!!  (Obviously it worked, though ;)  

• Love 2

Obviously Anna's family has its own issues (there is the sister living off in a trailer and then going overseas with the guy claiming to be a missionary) but we don't know that the family is happy about that, to be honest.   And what does one say about Priscilla?  I'm not sure one says anything at all.  Whatever is going on there isn't only about David Waller.

But when Jana comes to visit, I can't see her dumping the kids and running off, because I have no idea where she would GO!  She isn't going to be hanging out in the parking lot waiting for Josh, and if she wanted to go somewhere, it would, frankly, be more fun around here to just load up Jana and go with her, even if they had to take the kids with her.  She's not a reader, or a student, or something like that, as far as I know.  She still might be breast feeding, so she couldn't be gone long.  It might be that she impinges on Jana to get a nap, but it might also be that Jana comes to DC to have a few mornings to sleep in!

Anna has become more worldly since moving to DC. I'm not suggesting that she'd suddenly start taking college classes because Jana was available to babysit, but if she wanted to -- she could go sit in a Starbucks for a few hrs or a mall or frankly even just find a church -- just to get some peace and quiet and not be chasing 3 kids. But I don't see her as that type of person. If she is overwhelmed (and I'm not so sure), I think she probably finds Jana's help useful, but I don't get the sense that she's checked out and just ready to turn over cooking, laundry and child rearing to Jana like Michelle has done. I can see the two of them working together to cook dinner while chatting and laughing - it's probably good for Jana. I wish Jana had more than household work, but it's what she is used to so if she's hanging in the kitchen with Anna and Anna says -- hey could you peel some potatoes -- I don't see that being all that taxing for Jana given all the work she does every day in her own home.

• Love 1

And then JimBob making that speech about the master bedroom when they were doing the house tour, OMG- you can see he was about to say (or probably DID say but it was edited out) "this is where.....you will consummate the marriage and your children will be conceived!" and said something bland about them getting the call that Dill would be expecting soon instead, but it was totally obvious what he meant.  How awful to have your potential sex life analyzed and examined and proclaimed for all the world to hear by your DAD!!  Esp. for Derrick!  Like he wants his FIL thinking about being with his daughter!  

I felt so bad for Jana hearing her talk about the ties :(  That sounded like a really difficult job.  I can sort of see the dress alterations, IF she'd had help and *wanted* to do it, but figuring out how to make the ties sounded like it was very challenging for her, on top of doing extensive dress alterations by herself.  And the tie color wasn't even really that nice, they may have matched the dresses but a different, complementary color may have been just fine and be able to be store bought.  At least Anna had some sympathy for her!  What is everyone else thinking?!

• Love 4

And then JimBob making that speech about the master bedroom when they were doing the house tour, OMG- you can see he was about to say (or probably DID say but it was edited out) "this is where.....you will consummate the marriage and your children will be conceived!" and said something bland about them getting the call that Dill would be expecting soon instead, but it was totally obvious what he meant.  How awful to have your potential sex life analyzed and examined and proclaimed for all the world to hear by your DAD!!  Esp. for Derrick!  Like he wants his FIL thinking about being with his daughter!  

I felt so bad for Jana hearing her talk about the ties :(  That sounded like a really difficult job.  I can sort of see the dress alterations, IF she'd had help and *wanted* to do it, but figuring out how to make the ties sounded like it was very challenging for her, on top of doing extensive dress alterations by herself.  And the tie color wasn't even really that nice, they may have matched the dresses but a different, complementary color may have been just fine and be able to be store bought.  At least Anna had some sympathy for her!  What is everyone else thinking?!

I'm pretty sure they could have gotten ties that exact color -- just go to a men's shop and tell them you need a dozen ties in the same color for a wedding, show them a swatch of the dress fabric, and they will gladly track down that exact shade or if they can't, suggest complimentary shades and order them for you. Bring TLC and you won't have to pay out of your pocket either.

The Duggars' over involvement in everything including consummation leaves this couple no options. I mean a regular couple would just ignore an icky father in law who is talking about this, but I could see Jill in her head thinking -- mama and daddy want me to consummate, I must consummate tonight -- and I'm sure Derick knew that about her thinking. I mean it's traditional to consummate on a wedding night, yet there are conservative religions -- including conservative sects of Christianity -- which recognize that it is mind blowing to go from zero contact to sex in a matter of hours. Couples are counseled to take it slow over days/weeks until they feel ready -- so it builds up from hand holding to kissing to cuddling to whatever until full on sex. For some that may happen by the 2nd night, for some it happens a week or two later during the honeymoon. The difference is no one discusses it and no one worries if their parents are wondering if they've done it yet or not.

• Love 5

With the tie thing, as with the dresses, it's like they went out of their way to make things as difficult as possible. Ties do not cost much, and there are like BILLIONS of colors and styles available. If your local department store or formal wear store doesn't have what you like, you can go online. BOOM.

• Love 9

And the "interior decorators"? That was Hobby Lobby on steroids. Eighty bazillion photos of the Duggars, all hung way too high,  staring down from every wall of the house..... kind of like Jesus eyes following you around. Ick.

Haha! Spooky chaperons! 

With the tie thing, as with the dresses, it's like they went out of their way to make things as difficult as possible. Ties do not cost much, and there are like BILLIONS of colors and styles available. If your local department store or formal wear store doesn't have what you like, you can go online. BOOM.

Looked to me like a store-bought tie she was adding stitches to.

Edited by xls

I, too, can see Jana helping Anna out but not being a slave. Hopefully Josh & Anna don't run on Duggar time & have the kids in bed by 8 at night. I see them having a more scheduled life because of Josh's job. Then Jana, Anna & Josh can sit around talking, playing Scrabble, etc. I did notice Michael had shorts on & looked cute sitting next to Josh in the truck.

When they first showed Jana sewing the ties, I thought they were ties for the dresses, as in a sash, then remembered they wore belts & she was actually sewing neck ties.

I know this hasn't been touched on much in this thread, but I was completely flabbergasted when Jessa complained about Jill taking all the good clothes. These women are in their 20's and still don't have their own wardrobes? I can see sharing and doing hand me downs for the little girls, but for adult women? It's starting to put Jessa and Jill's over-the-top registries into a bit more context. These kids have literally never had anything that is solely theirs.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5

Yeah, the clothes comment jumped out at me too, especially since it seems the Jessa and Jinger are the two who deliberately spent the time putting the closet together and Jill talks about wishing she had that skill. So basically she took years of their work in the family and just walked off with it.

Of course, knowing that she is pregnant and they will get the clothes back made the comment seem funny, whereas under different circumstances that would have seemed sad.

And above - yes, Anna could go to a Starbucks or a mall, but I don't think she reads, she doesn't seem to hang out on social media a lot, she likes to shop, but doesn't seem to be crazy about it, so doing all of that seems out of character. What I think she likes doing is talking to people, including her kids (which not everyone does) and probably enjoys Jana and other Duggar sister in law company.

Edited by GEML

I liked seeing the relationship Anna and Jana have now. It seemed that when Josh and Anna lived in Arkansas, Anna was actually closer to Amy than any of Josh's sisters. But yes, if Jana gets to go and visit Josh and Anna for a couple weeks here and there, it gets her away from her own overly controlling parents. She also doesn't have to be the mom when she visits Anna and Josh, their children clearly know who their parents are. I'm not sure that Jana's buddies are aware that they have real parents, Michelle seems to be a mom in name only.Jim Bob is a bit better, but overall I think Josh is a lot better with his kids than Jim Bob is with his.

I know this hasn't been touched on much in this thread, but I was completely flabbergasted when Jessa complained about Jill taking all the good clothes. These women are in their 20's and still don't have their own wardrobes? I can see sharing and doing hand me downs for the little girls, but for adult women? It's starting to put Jessa and Jill's over-the-top registries into a bit more context. These kids have literally never had anything that is solely theirs.

You would think that these young women would have developed their own tastes in style and preferences in colors by this point in their lives. It seems like Jill would have a set of clothes that she primarily wore because they were of colors that she liked in particular. So why not just take those with her when she moves?

But then you want to remind Jessa that her family has plenty of money, so just go to GoodWill and buy yourself some stuff to replace what Jill takes. 

If I were Jessa, I would want a home that was too small for any of my family to stay over, ever. After living with that many people, I'd want to be able to say, "sorry you have to leave now, but we don't have any spare room", all the while being grateful they were going.

I don't think it would matter if the house was small. They'd force themselves on her anyhow, just like they did to Josh and Anna. 

• Love 4

I don't think it would matter if the house was small. They'd force themselves on her anyhow, just like they did to Josh and Anna. 

They could make Jessa and Ben sleep in the bus so M and JB can have the master bedroom.

• Love 3

Its funny how I've watched this show all these years and I've never known that J'ichelle loved bling so much.  I can't remember if it was on the show or not, but J'ichelle did an interview with the owner of the shop where Jill got her wedding dress and she was saying to her how she really wanted Jill to get a dress with bling.  And now the fingernail wrap overdose. 

She has also been sporting that big necklace in the last few episodes.  Its huge.  I guess she didn't like all her daughters getting to wear those heart necklaces so she had to show them up. 

• Love 3

Also why haven't they shown how Derick's family feels about him leaving home & getting married?

Excellent question.  My theory is because the show is called "19 Kids and Counting" - not "2 Kids and Normal."

Edited by NausetGirl
  • Love 5

It's also important to remember how ill Derek's mother was. I'm guessing she was in the midst of chemo or some such treatment. Which, if you think about it, makes the whole wedding thing odder. She couldn't make the rehearsal dinner and there was some talk about not making the wedding. Well, and NORMAL family would have postponed the wedding until fall, given that their engagement was so short anyway. But between their bizarre don't touch rules and their filming schedule- well, the show must go on!

• Love 3

In New York in order to sell a used mattress you need to comply with the state bedding law. You must comply with very strict sanitary standards. According to the law the mattress must be sanitized using a method approved by the Department of Health. The cleaning method must kill bedbugs, dust mites and other insects as well as remove germs, mold, fungi, soil and other contaminants.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/about_6701947_reselling-mattress-illegal_.html

Certain things you shouldn't buy used. Buying a mattress that's used is like buying used underwear

• Love 6

I would normally agree with you, and would be very, very, VERY cautious when it came to buying a used mattress, but recently bought a daybed off Craigslist which came with the mattress, which I was totally prepared to throw out and call a loss, as the daybed itself was just what I wanted and priced very reasonably. However, the woman who was selling it had the most pristine condo imaginable...no pets, no smokers, not a speck of dust or smear of grease that I could see, and had bought it for when her 4 year old nephew came to visit, only to find out that he was scared to sleep by himself and preferred to snuggle in her room. And since it was taking up space in her spare room that she preferred to use as an office, she figured she'd get rid of it and let him use the couch whenever he got old enough to prefer sleeping on his own. She said that other than him bouncing on it a few times it was totally unused, and I saw no reason not to believe her. Sometimes you just have to take things case-by-case. In this case, I chose to keep the mattress.

• Love 4

Its funny how I've watched this show all these years and I've never known that J'ichelle loved bling so much.  I can't remember if it was on the show or not, but J'ichelle did an interview with the owner of the shop where Jill got her wedding dress and she was saying to her how she really wanted Jill to get a dress with bling.  And now the fingernail wrap overdose. 

She has also been sporting that big necklace in the last few episodes.  Its huge.  I guess she didn't like all her daughters getting to wear those heart necklaces so she had to show them up. 

Everything has to come back to MEchelle. She's spouting off her mouth about how she's into sparkly bling and colorful, exciting styles. Hmmm. Not buying that. Her only style is the fundie gothard style. I wouldn't call long denim skirts with dark hose and flats stylish. Maybe she's talking about all her different button up blouses that have to match whatever JB is wearing. And I won't even get started on her hair.....stylish, NOT!

• Love 1

It's also important to remember how ill Derek's mother was. I'm guessing she was in the midst of chemo or some such treatment. Which, if you think about it, makes the whole wedding thing odder. She couldn't make the rehearsal dinner and there was some talk about not making the wedding. Well, and NORMAL family would have postponed the wedding until fall, given that their engagement was so short anyway. But between their bizarre don't touch rules and their filming schedule- well, the show must go on!

I thought it might have also had something to do with the fear that Cathy might not live much longer at that point, and they wanted to have the wedding while she was still around, even if she couldn't be present. 

. She's spouting off her mouth about how she's into sparkly bling and colorful, exciting styles. Hmmm. Not buying that. Her only style is the fundie gothard style. I wouldn't call long denim skirts with dark hose and flats stylish.

Maybe she hates her ugly clothes as much as the rest of us do, but it's part of the penance of this lifestyle for her whorish childhood.

• Love 5

JimBoob must like J'Chelle's ugly clothes or she wouldn't wear them. He hated her makeover and she went right back to her outdated tried and true ugly ass look. This is a woman who would put on a burka if that's what Boob wanted. In Duggarland, it doesn't matter what J'Chelle wants. The world revoves around Boob.

• Love 1

When Michelle revealed that she likes "bling, sparkle and fluff" I couldn't help but see just how immature she is. That would be the response of a girl 6-17 years old, IMO, not a VERY conservative religious woman nearing 50 years old.

"Fingernail wrap overdose"....I LOVE IT!  Great term for it...

I'm sure the younger kids "know" that Jim Bob and Michelle are their parents, but that term is empty to them, it has no real concrete meaning because Michelle, especially doesn't DO ANY PARENTING...when they think of a mommy, they think of the older sisters who provide the love, care, feeding and emotional support daily for them. It's a shame and I believe that they all will have some issues with their own kids for not having real biological parents who are there with them in their lives, but not being a PART OF it. I'm curious to watch Jill in the next few years when she has more than one, how she will respond to the traditional motherly duties and if she will 'pass off' her kids like Michelle did, no matter how many or few she has.

• Love 2

I see Jill as very much like MEchelle. Look at the ease with which she dumped all the sewing on Jana, without even a thank you. MEchelle has done that for years. The way she talks the talk, just like her mother, correcting the others, talking over them. The way she appears to walk the walk. I say "appears" because the appearance is what matters to the Duggars. Unless DerickDillard grows a spine or his family gains some influence, Dilly Pickle it's gonna be a sister mom (I think it's a girl).

• Love 2

I see Jill as very much like MEchelle. 

I can see it too. I can't imagine going up to my sister and saying "hey, I need to you to completely re-make nine bridesmaid dresses and oh, while you're at it, figure out a way to make nineteen ties....'kay, thanks..."

I wonder if Jill even bothered to get Jana and the other bridesmaids a gift, as per tradition. My guess is no. 

• Love 6

I'm sure the younger kids "know" that Jim Bob and Michelle are their parents, but that term is empty to them, it has no real concrete meaning because Michelle, especially doesn't DO ANY PARENTING...when they think of a mommy, they think of the older sisters who provide the love, care, feeding and emotional support daily for them. It's a shame and I believe that they all will have some issues with their own kids for not having real biological parents who are there with them in their lives, but not being a PART OF it. I'm curious to watch Jill in the next few years when she has more than one, how she will respond to the traditional motherly duties and if she will 'pass off' her kids like Michelle did, no matter how many or few she has.

As a result, they must have a seriously warped idea of what it means to be a parent! They must think that all families pass off babies to older siblings for the daily care.

• Love 1

Just my opinion, but Jim Bob seems to do more parenting than Michelle.  He seems to spend a lot more time with them and you see him holding the little ones.

• Love 4

JimBob will occasionally "babysit" - GOD I hate that term; it's called parenting, asshole - the youngest ones, but as soon as puberty hits, he's completely done, unless it's a chance to humiliate/emasculate his sons, or drag the girls on some outdoors thing they don't want to do. 

• Love 1

Everything has to come back to MEchelle. She's spouting off her mouth about how she's into sparkly bling and colorful, exciting styles. Hmmm. Not buying that. Her only style is the fundie gothard style. I wouldn't call long denim skirts with dark hose and flats stylish. Maybe she's talking about all her different button up blouses that have to match whatever JB is wearing. And I won't even get started on her hair.....stylish, NOT!

I have some family members who, in the 80s, were Church of God Pentecostals who didn't own TVs, didn't allow women to cut hair or wear pants, didn't go to movies or ball games, etc., and NEVER wore jewelry or makeup. Anything besides a very thin wedding band for males or females was not acceptable, and many didn't even wear those. Then the Jimmy Swaggart/Jim Baker televangelilsts got popular (which I never understood how people with no tvs knew who they were), and suddenly it was OK for women to wear makeup and jewelry. A few older women stuck to the old rules, but you've never seen the under 40 crowd pile on rhinestones and blush like they were competing in drag pageants. Maybe Michelle is untastefully overcompensating this way as well.

• Love 3

One of the big changes in some of the Fundy circles we are very close to are wearing expensive name brand tennis shoes and carrying designer handbags.

I've noticed both Michelle and Anna carrying Coach bags, and the Duggar girls wear UGGS and Sperry's a lot. Of course, they could be fake, from consignment places, ebay etc, and you can carry the same purse for 10 years to make the cost a little better. I'm just glad they get some real shoes instead of Old Navy $1 flops.

Spot on observation. And she makes her family suffer for her "sins" too.

I just want to know what the heck Michelle did in her childhood/teen years that she thinks is so horrible and sinful? Enough so that she would switch to a way of life and cult that makes it where you don't have to have any self-control because their rules are so strict.
  • Love 2

Anna said thank you to Jana for her dress. I don't recall anyone else saying those words.

I will say I wasn't a fan of Anna's when she got married. She was this doe-eyed, my man is my headship and he's the best ever, and he and I know all there is to know about relationships - fundie. But in the last 6 yrs, she has come into her own and is starting to show her own personality and values a bit. I'm guessing that back then she was acting as she felt she was supposed to act  and how Josh expected.

I'm sure the move to DC had something to do with it, as it got her and her husband out of day to day contact with the Duggars and allowed them to make their own decisions a bit -- whether it's Josh and the kids wearing shorts or slowing down the baby making a bit. I believe her when she says baby no. 4 will come along but I'm trying to enjoy what I already have and I don't need the validation of being constantly pregnant. I believe that she may be realizing that you get spread thinner and thinner the more kids you have and then you can't raise each kid the way you want to; she may still want 6-8 kids but I see her wanting to be hands on with all of them. I can also see her and Josh stopping at 4 because that's all they can handle in terms of child rearing but also financially -- esp if they want to keep living in DC which is a lot more expensive and not the kind of place where you can easily buy land and build a TTH with dormitories for your 20 kids.

Given her relative maturity to the Duggars, I'm not surprised that she said thank you for the dress, expressed shock that Jana has had to do all the work all by herself, expressed that she would have helped, and generally seems very excited to be in the wedding. She isn't acting like "of course I HAD to be in it -- don't you know who I am -- I'm the oldest brother's wife," she's much more acting like "wow -- you didn't have to ask me at all, I'm so honored to be included." In fact when Jill asked I think she even said "you don't have to."

I just want to know what the heck Michelle did in her childhood/teen years that she thinks is so horrible and sinful? Enough so that she would switch to a way of life and cult that makes it where you don't have to have any self-control because their rules are so strict.

She probably didn't do anything that would make most of us here think twice. But what matters is what she thinks, and she's repeated the "mowing the grass in a bikini that tempted her male neighbor" story several times. I highly suspect she got involved with a church that demands open confessions to the congregation. It's an effective technique to keep people under control (everybody knows your secrets) and an equally powerful way to make members feel constant shame because they focus on their "sins" to the point these become their entire life narrative. God may forgive you, maybe, but your fellow church members will never let it go.

• Love 4

One of the big changes in some of the Fundy circles we are very close to are wearing expensive name brand tennis shoes and carrying designer handbags.

So, it's a thing -- because they are limited in their clothing choices? And I wonder why the Psalm 31 woman isn't a thing too? 

Despite having chaperones with them wherever they go, I wonder with the reality of it, do Michelle and JB really think the chaperones are actually watching them like a hawk? When the cameras are off, are the siblings really paying attention to what is being said between the couple? That being said, I'm sure there must be times the couples get to talk unheard off camera and away from their parent's eyes. It seems like Jill and Derick are forming their own thoughts about how they want to be as a family. When the two were talking about having kids, I got the impression Jill wasn't thrilled about having kid after kid after kid like her mom. She sounded like she was beginning to question if that was all there was to being married.

Jill is getting married???? I wonder who to????

Sorry I could not help it!!

His name is being kept top secret! It will be revealed in sky-writing or by the cutting into of a cake on the Today Show!

• Love 5

His name is being kept top secret! It will be revealed in sky-writing or by the cutting into of a cake on the Today Show!

Can't wait to find out his name. It will be awesome & sweet. We can all wear our Duct tape "I'm the mother of the bride" dresses while watching. Barefoot or flip-flops, your choice. Who's up to bringing Tater tot casserole and pickles? Will it make the cover of People?
  • Love 4