Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Wedding Countdown!

I feel so uncomfortable watching Josie. It's like the light is on but nobody's home though the "over here, guys" was cute.

Ben looks like he's stoned half the time to me.

I just spit my water all over the monitor! Josie, as I have mentioned in the past..I just can't. The minute she appears, I take a pee break or run for more alcohol.

And poor poor Ben- I sit there and laugh at his expressions until tears roll down my face. I told my older son last week he looks so slack jawed and stupid..I think he is actually sweet in the way simple Simons usually are...but definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Love 2

I think the best answer to JB's "How is your relationship going?" question would be "Why don't you ask our chaparones, asshole?"

"Very awkwardly, thanks to them."

JB and Michelle marriage Counselors? Good Lord, that's an oxymoron!

• Love 2

Also, please tell me I wasn't the only one who noticed that Michelle tucked all ten designs (full sheets, mind you) into her little nail bag.

I completely missed this - when did that happen?!  I don't entirely know how these things work but I'm pretty sure helping yourself to someone's sales inventory is frowned upon.

• Love 2

I just spit my water all over the monitor! Josie, as I have mentioned in the past..I just can't. The minute she appears, I take a pee break or run for more alcohol.

And poor poor Ben- I sit there and laugh at his expressions until tears roll down my face. I told my older son last week he looks so slack jawed and stupid..I think he is actually sweet in the way simple Simons usually are...but definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Bwahahahaha!!

• Love 2

He laughs just like Beavis, Hu.huu,huhuha.

• Love 4

I feel like a chaperone does stop any physical intimacy. I'm not suggesting that it would be the end of the world if they held hands -- I could see an older chaperone will Jinger or Jana noticing but just letting it go as they don't want to embarrass the couple, nor do they want to really speak to JB and Michelle any more than actually necessary. But I do think a chaperone stops the couple from making out -- if for no other reason than Derick is probably embarrassed to kiss his girlfriend with her sibling staring at them.

My problem with the whole chaperone thing is that Boob is constantly saying that it is their choice to do the courtship method.  Well if it is indeed their choice why don't they trust their choice and let them be alone. 

If it is their adult choice, they should also have the choice to hold hands, kiss, frontal hug or even have sex in Ben's little truck if they so choose.  So much for it being their CHOICE Boob.

• Love 7

I noticed when Jana was explaining about sewing the ties to Anna, I think I heard Jessa, who was sitting behind Jana on the bed exclaim "Wow". OMG. Like she didn't realize what was involved in sewing the ties? It was like this was the first time she was hearing all about them & how time consuming it was (not to mention in addition to Jana having to alter the dresses with no help). I guess Jessa was busy with her courtin' duties at the time & hanging out in the Seewald Love Shack.

I am hoping Jana wasn't volunteered to do anything for Jessa's wedding.

• Love 4

A couple of posters have attacked other posters in this thread and that will not be tolerated. Remember that the motto here is Don't be a dick which means you can state your opinion but not go after other posters. Any posts that contain this kind of language will be deleted on sight.

• Love 2

I hate to tell you, but it isn't just Michelle or the Gothards. I live in a part of the country where every woman over fifty prays for the first grandchild and devotes her life thereafter to ecstatically babysitting it practically full-time. I said something about not getting it (I didn't even want kids) and was almost burned at the stake for it. Please tell me it's just Michelle, the Gothards, and my part of the country...

I would welcome that. We live out of state from both families & it's as if my kids don't exist at all.

• Love 1

I noticed when Jana was explaining about sewing the ties to Anna, I think I heard Jessa, who was sitting behind Jana on the bed exclaim "Wow". OMG. Like she didn't realize what was involved in sewing the ties? It was like this was the first time she was hearing all about them & how time consuming it was (not to mention in addition to Jana having to alter the dresses with no help). I guess Jessa was busy with her courtin' duties at the time & hanging out in the Seewald Love Shack.

I am hoping Jana wasn't volunteered to do anything for Jessa's wedding.

I re-watched the episode and I noticed this too. It was definitely Jessa who said wow. It made me so mad. Either she had no idea what Jana was actually doing, and to that I say how?! Or, she was just trying to add a lame acknowledgement of Jana's hard work because she knew how bad it sounded that Jana was doing this all by herself. Either way, it made her look really stupid IMO. They should be ashamed that no one lifted a finger to help CinderJana sew all that junk.

• Love 5

It just occurred to me that although Jana was doing all the work, just maybe, she really didn't mind all that much because it took her out of the chaos.  The sewing machine ended up in the girls' bedroom and maybe she could just sit there by herself and do her sewing.  In peace and quiet.  "Leave Jana alone, she is making the wedding dresses".  Just maybe?  But I do think she needs rescuing.

• Love 5

There is the possibility that she takes on things and thing only complains about them like a martyr to other people outside of the immediate family later on. With filming and the book, this would be a pretty good passive-aggressive tactic, and would drive someone who is more "speak up and say what you mean" like Jessa batty. Especially if it were relatively new.

(I have the feeling a lot of the girls' personalities are relatively new, as they have no idea about who they are, and have been actively discouraged in finding out.)

• Love 1

It just occurred to me that although Jana was doing all the work, just maybe, she really didn't mind all that much because it took her out of the chaos.  The sewing machine ended up in the girls' bedroom and maybe she could just sit there by herself and do her sewing.  In peace and quiet.  "Leave Jana alone, she is making the wedding dresses".  Just maybe?  But I do think she needs rescuing.

It hardly seems like a place of solace to me.  All the littles in and out for nap time, jumping and crawling on the bed like monkeys, no sheets, the whole horse and pony show for Boob's bible time…  Poor Jana!  I think I would run to Grandma Duggar's room and nail the door shut behind me if I were in that house. 

• Love 2

When Boob asked Derick about if his family bought used or new cars, the correct answer for Boob was , of course, Used.

In my family we have bought both. We dumped more money in my first car, a used Mustang, that it would have been cheaper buying new. My son's second car we got new because it was a great deal, plus it had the new car warranties, & a good way for my son to start establishing his own credit line. Does Boob think just because you buy a used car there won't be a loan involved? Does he realize people pay outright for a new car with no loan involved? I know Boob is just considering the sale price of the car is lower on used, but if you have to dump lots of money into it, it isn't a deal & there won't be a "difference" to save.

I don't want to start a bunch of posts that Buying New is better than Buying Used (Or vice versa) I'm just trying to point out with cars, Boob's motto isn't always right & with his knowledge of buying & selling used cars, he should realize this.

• Love 5

I'm just trying to point out with cars, Boob's motto isn't always right & with his knowledge of buying & selling used cars, he should realize this.

I think that JB's take on this is related to his own experience. One of the things he did as a young man was to buy used cars, fix them up, and sell them. Therefore, buying used cars saves money. He has a very narrow range of experience and everything he believes is based on the tiny sliver of life that he has experienced.

• Love 7

I think that JB's take on this is related to his own experience. One of the things he did as a young man was to buy used cars, fix them up, and sell them. Therefore, buying used cars saves money. He has a very narrow range of experience and everything he believes is based on the tiny sliver of life that he has experienced.

This is the problem with most of JB's advice. It's not that it's all that bad, necessarily, just that if you aren't someone with the same skill sets as JB, you are quickly going to "fail" in his world.

• Love 3

Countdown begins NOW! who is making the:

Kool-Aid?

TTC?

Pizza?

Lopsided cake?

Blinged out dress--me going to Michael's soon who needs MORE bling?

Feel free to add more categories! Woohooo can't wait to see Jill barefoot getting married!!!!!!!

• Love 1

Countdown begins NOW! who is making the:

Kool-Aid?

TTC?

Pizza?

Lopsided cake?

Blinged out dress--me going to Michael's soon who needs MORE bling?

Feel free to add more categories! Woohooo can't wait to see Jill barefoot getting married!!!!!!!

What is TTC?

Since we've seen most of the wedding pix on-line I'm much more interested in Jessa's ill advised wedding. I'm sorta already bored by Jill's but I'm sure you great posters will come up with something to capture my attention. So thanks for watching and snarking because I probably won't be paying much attention to the show other then a drive by.

• Love 5

Michelle isn't the only woman out there who only likes tiny infants.

True, but those other women are not: 1) repeatedly giving birth to child after child despite not loving non-infant children, 2) virtually forcing their older children to do all of the child rearing once the tiny baby is no longer an infant or 3) accepting awards and accolades for great parenting as if it is their due, despite almost completely opting out of parenting once the kid is done breastfeeding.

In other words; most women who don't like non-infants limit their families so as not to have more non-infants than they can handle, raise those non-infant kids themselves anyway and don't expect praise and glory for doing it.  That's what makes Michelle such a target.

• Love 9

Oh, I've thought of something I can to bring to the party; Styrofoam cups with crumpled paper towels in the bottom. Just in case you who watch need them. Really though, just kidding because I thought Jill's wedding was rather nice but for some unfortunate dresses and shoes...

• Love 2

Josie does have that vacant look. It'd be hilarious if one of the Duggars married a stoner.  I wonder if Boob makes them do a drug test before they start courting.

Something tells me we would be floored to hear the questions Boob asks of prospective suitors. And I'm imagining the farther along a guy gets towards his approval, the more personal and probing the questions are. If Boob was HIRING a husband for one of his daughters, he could be sued over some of the questions he probably asks.

• Love 2

Please tell me Michelle didn't actually attend her daughter's wedding with a manicure straight out of a ten-year-old's sleepover.

But Mullet is all about bling and sparkles remember!? SMH as I have never seen Mullet in anything blingy or sparkly. 

• Love 1