Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Wedding Countdown!

With only one week to go, the Duggars are counting down the days until Jill's wedding! From securing a rehearsal getaway car to filling up their new home with furniture purchased at a local auction, this super-size family is in full-on wedding mode.

So the wedding episode will be next week?  Or are we now going to have a day-by-day countdown?

Next week (10/21)  is a show titled "All About Jill", “Jill Duggar is about to become Jill Dillard! ” says the description.  “See her very special bridal shower, where she spends time with the mamas and babies she’s met through her work as a midwife. Jill and Derick recently shared in a video that they’ll have a big announcement on October 21. Some believe that they’ll be announcing the gender of the child.

Then the week after that on the 28th is what appears to be the wedding episode called, "Jill's Wedding".

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1

Next week (10/21)  is a show titled "All About Jill", “Jill Duggar is about to become Jill Dillard! ” says the description.  “See her very special bridal shower, where she spends time with the mamas and babies she’s met through her work as a midwife. Jill and Derick recently shared in a video that they’ll have a big announcement on October 21. Some believe that they’ll be announcing the gender of the child.

Then the week after that on the 28th is what appears to be the wedding episode called, "Jill's Wedding".

Jesus Christ. *eyeroll* Isn't everything already all about Jill? This is the most dragged out bit of nonsense I have ever seen.

• Love 9

So the wedding episode airs 5 days before Jessa's actual wedding day?

Will next season be all about Jessa's wedding or Jill's pregnancy?  

So many choices...  Whatever will TLC do???

They'll do two thirty minute episodes per week, one on each topic...  and the other kids will fade further and further into the background

It might have been interesting to see the wedding on TV if the pictures hadn't gone out on social media right after the actual event. Now it's pretty much old news to any interested person with a computer and daddy's permission to use the Internet. 

• Love 6

I would think with all the hits that TLC has been taking from viewers about the lag time in airing this wedding of the century, they would do a REALLY good job with Jessa's upcoming wedding. They already know how ticked off their viewers are about fluff and fill episodes, accomplishing nothing. We didn't need to see Jim Bob camping with the "guys", the girls trying out hair styles, PBJ picnics and counseling on a child's playground while handcuffed! They need to take note about how they handled the Roloff wedding and copy with Jessa and Ben's trainwreck waiting to happen wedding.

The family also received a lot of flak about selling the wedding photos to People, and we didn't see them on the websites or on TV; that was blatantly arrogant of the Duggars and "totally" money-motivated. Greedy of them.

The sad part is this family flaunts their modesty, which isn't being modest at all.

• Love 7

Why didn't they include Cathy & Derickdillard's step dad in the marital counseling? If he was my son, I would pull the reigns in on this type of counseling. It's one thing to have counseling with a minister but what makes Boob & Mullet experts in marriage counseling?

Also why haven't they shown how Derick's family feels about him leaving home & getting married?

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 9

Why didn't they include Cathy & Derickdillard's step dad in the marital counseling? If he was my son, I would pull the reigns in on this type of counseling. It's one thing to have counseling with a minister but what makes Boob & Mullet experts in marriage counseling?

Also why haven't they shown how Derick's family feels about him leaving home & getting married?

It was probably all a fake setup just so they have a story line. I secretly hope that Derick's parents don't want to be on camera in situations like that.

• Love 4

Ick..I just get grossed out about people buying used beds to be their permanant beds.

Okay, looks like they might be new, they're wrapped in plastic. I hope so.

Edited by Ripley68
  • Love 3

Full disclosure, I'm not a regular viewer let alone a fan. Nothing on tonight so I just happened to surf and land on this episode. There was some bed decorating going on and then a little brother was threatening to report  any violation of courtship rules???? WTF????? 

• Love 1

So Boob never told Derick what he should do when his car breaks down and his emergency fund is depleted. Just as long as he doesn't go into debt or use an evil credit card! And Derickdillard was just regurgitating what he knew Boob wanted to hear. But emergencies happen. It's a fundie thing though to assume that everyone who has any debt at all is irresponsible or living above their means.

• Love 3

JB is a douche -- “how did you make it through college without debt??” Who asks that and so suspiciously after the person has already said -- no they don’t have student loans? It’s fine if Jill and Derick want to discuss that, but how are the Dillards’ financial choices JB and Michelle’s business? I have to say, the more I see Derick, the less I like him.  I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt -- he’s likely not an adversarial person and he wants his future in-laws to like him but we’ve never seen him be man enough to stand up and say anything.  I doubt that will change so long as he keeps “taking” from the Duggars -- the house, moving help etc.

I would have loved for him to say -- well I got the Fraternal Order of Police scholarship because of my dad’s service and my mom was a senior executive at Walmart, and she really believed in saving for college -- as we will for our kids.  Instead he “downplayed” and said he was blessed enough to get a scholarship and a job.

The TH where he said “we only hold hands right now and within the span of a day we’ll be . . . a married couple” was hysterical.  You know he wanted to say -- we’re going to go from holding hands to screwing in the span of a few hrs.  

And while I think it’s fine to buy certain things used like coffee tables and the like because you can clean them, but it’s kind of gross to buy un-cleanable things used -- a mattress?? With a soft surface like that where others have had “relations” -- can’t Derick spring for a new mattress given that he has a job?

• Love 8

Ha! Marital counseling from Boob and MEchelle. How has Derick not run away screaming from this? Also, did anyone else note the derision in his tone when Boob mentioned that Derick had paid for college?

Yes I noticed Boob's tone too. I would have answered Boob's question that I didn't have college debt, even tho it was none of Boob's beeswax. But having to explain how he did it is over the top. Yes, Boob, there are college graduates who don't have debt. Not many I'm sure but with proper planning & saving, scholarships, working etc. It can be done. I guess this is another reason why Boob hates college.
  • Love 3

Mackynizie is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!  Michael is cute too and what I like most is how much they resemble Anna and her side of the family and not Duggars!

Could Michelle have squeezed any more frozen yogurt into that cup?! LOL

• Love 1

She's not putting sparkly stickers on her manicure.  She's not.  She is.  Did I remember that she's going barefoot?  She's kinda crunchy this one.  Can she cook like edible food?  The Duggar food always looks a bit off, but hey, the kids look healthy.

• Love 2

At the beginning of the counseling session when Michelle explains (like she's talking to a 3-year-old) "Today we're talking about FINANCES", I half-expected her to pull a cardigan sweater out of the closet and start singing about a beautiful day in the neighborhood. What a treat for a couple of twentysomethings.

• Love 12

Once again, it's all about MEchelle at the nail party.

Yes, MEchelle, we can tell you're all about "bling & style" by the way YOU dress.

I guess we won't see her getting her "I'M THE MOTHER OF THE BRIDE" dress. I feel defrauded.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 8

Whoo boy.  This show got me going earlier than usual this week . . .

* Jim Boob and J'Chelle meet weekly with Jill and Derick to "counsel" them?!  Translation: To indoctrinate them in the way they should conduct every aspect of their lives because it matches up with their own beliefs.  Derick kept an admirably straight face while telling Jim Boob that he would avoid any debt whatsoever.  Good luck with that, kid.  I'm not a fan of debt and credit cards, but I also realize that life can take some bad twists and turns that you can't foresee at 25.  I would have died if Derick had said, "Hey, asshole, I'm the only man in this scenario with a real job and benefits, so I think I'll manage to figure it out, mmkay?"  

* Jim Boob conveniently forgot to mention that they weren't exactly financially flush before TLC came onto the scene.  I guess it's easy for him to forget his days as a common man.

* So far, Derick's family, particularly his mom, is being completely left out of everything, as far as we can see.  It would be nice to give her a chance to air her thoughts about her son's indoctrination . . . I mean, counseling.  Regardless of his age, if Derick were my son, I would be pretty pissed that his future in-laws were acting in this capacity.  I mean, how arrogant can they get?!  Can these kids ever make an autonomous decision?

* Please, please tell me that the couches and bed were new.  Bed bugs, lice, dander, other people's hair, bodily fluids . . . yuckyuckyuck.

* Very sweet moment when the young ones raced up to Josh's car and opened the door, excited to see the kids (see, I'm not a total monster).

* They plan to "trash the getaway car," regardless of the fact that Jill has asked them not to.  I just . . . *sigh*

* Jessa has that kid by the balls and she knows it.  As much as I dislike them both, I truly enjoy watching her boss him around and him stand there with his mouth slightly open, just staring and breathing.

* Jill still seems like a 14-year-old girl to me.  The bridesmaid dresses still look utterly ridiculous and inappropriate for a wedding.  Jana still had to do all of the alterations herself, despite being surrounded by competent seamstresses.  J'Chelle still makes everything about her.  I'm still watching.  Bah.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 12

Once again where do I start.

Yes, Jill is getting married and leaving the house. Boohoo!!! Pull the waaambulance up to the front yard.

They are renting a get away vehicle for Derick and Jill. Seriously...

Getting advice from the nitwit team of JB and Michelle. *snicker*

Did Jill or Derick help with the furniture moving or decorating their house they got from JB at all.

Thank you for reminding us Jill is marrying Derick Dilliard since I forgot this news flash.

Jessa can still boss Ben around. What some guys won't put up with for a little action later on.

Michelle and JB can give certain people regular hugs but not their own children.

The way Anna talks makes me want to beat my head against the wall.

The scene with the younger kids trying to recreate the proposal scene. *snicker number 2*

Michelle has a hump. The woman must be losing calcium by the car load.

Jill was allowed to pick up Josh, Anna and the family at the airport by herself. *Shock*

Jill and Michelle were wearing the same shirt color in the nail polish scene. How awesome and sweet.

Department of Redundancy Department is on high alert.

Not only did we see the proposal, but we have to relive it every episode. As if that's not enough to make you vomit, they're going to film a video re-enacting the damn proposal! Just in case we forgot Derrick Dillard proposed to Jill.

• Love 6

Department of Redundancy Department is on high alert.

Not only did we see the proposal, but we have to relive it every episode. As if that's not enough to make you vomit, they're going to film a video re-enacting the damn proposal! Just in case we forgot Derrick Dillard proposed to Jill.

If only we could remember what Jessa's fiance's name is . . . 

• Love 4

I soooo love Mullet's dress that I'm going out to Home Depot to buy my duck tape because I so need to make myself a ducktape dress to wear for the viewing of the wedding episode.

GREAT IDEA!! We can ALL make our own duct tape dresses to wear while we watch THE WEDDING OF THE CENTURY. Don't forget to get extra tape for the modesty shield. Should we have matching colors or can we mix it up? Don't bother with shoes, we'll go barefoot.
  • Love 5

It sounds weird to me when Jill refers to herself as a "young lady." I don't know why, but I've never called myself that because it just sounds like something older people say to talk about a 12-20 year old.

It was also weird to hear Jinger or whoever say the pictures they hung looked "gorg" for a different reason. Where'd they pick up that slang? The Kardashians? Goes along with, Michelle's "all about the bling," y'all.

If only we could remember what Jessa's fiance's name is . . .

Is it Dickle? Something like a pickle....I think I recall.

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 4

What is this family's obsession with doing skits and re-enactments? This is now the second wedding in a row where they will re-enact a proposal that happened no more than 3 months ago. They showed the shot of JD proposing to Jana as they re-enacted Josh and Anna's proposal and he merely wore the same color shirt as Josh and said "will you marry me," which had Michelle laughing like a loon.

Is it that they have become so isolated in their own world that they don't realize that these things aren't funny past the elementary school play age? Is it that their kids legitimately don't have any friends who can get up there and tell a fun story or two -- and between no alcohol and no friends at every event, they need to do something to fill the time and create entertainment so they come up with dumb elementary school age entertainment??

• Love 4

I dont' think any of them can say Derrick's name without the Dillard attached. Even after they are married they are still going to call him DerrickDillard and his wife Jill and baby Pickles.

Poor poor Jana, she looked worn out.

• Love 1

I wish Josh would quit saying he used to own a "car dealership."  It was a used car lot, and you were a used car salesman! Get over yourself!

Poor CinderJana, once again slaving away on those ties while all the other girls were chillin' and relaxing...Bitches.

• Love 9

Anna has way too much boobage for that bridesmaid's dress. It wasn't flattering on her at all. 

I agree that Derick was just telling Boob what he wanted to hear during the counseling session. News flash: Derick is the only one in the relationship with a job. If he needs that car to get to work and an emergency repair must be done, guess what, it's going to have to go on a credit card. I just found it funny that Boob was treating Derick like he would be an imbecile with money when the man is an accountant for God's sake.

I feel like such a pervert for saying this, but Jer and Jed are hotties.  

• Love 4

You can tell Jill is the favorite, she gets this big house, lots of furniture<blerg> and all of the sibs have to move said blergy furniture into said bigass house. As well as the bigass wedding.

Big Ass Dad sure is shoveling out the money.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 1
What is this family's obsession with doing skits and re-enactments? This is now the second wedding in a row where they will re-enact a proposal that happened no more than 3 months ago. They showed the shot of JD proposing to Jana as they re-enacted Josh and Anna's proposal and he merely wore the same color shirt as Josh and said "will you marry me," which had Michelle laughing like a loon

yeah, those are those stupid kinds of skits and re-enactments that just aren't funny, and if I'm forced to watch something like that I'm usually forcing a grin, making my jaw hurt by the end of the damn thing. 

Wait til they do Jessa and Ben's re-enactment.  That's gonna be real short.  2 howlers and 2 littles in the office.  Real romantic.

• Love 1

I feel like such a pervert for saying this, but Jer and Jed are hotties.

They, along with Johannah (imo), definitely are handsome. I hope their skin doesn't break out too much later on in adolescence.

Man, those younger kids sure are lucky they grew up with more money and no blanket training.

Jim Boob conveniently forgot to mention that they weren't exactly financially flush before TLC came onto the scene.  I guess it's easy for him to forget his days as a common man.

First of all, Derick is an accountant. Why would he need financial advice from JB?

Secondly, he has a steady job, not a "business" that would provide a fluctuating income. Where I come from a family with a steady income gets a credit card or a loan for unexpected expenses. JB and J'chelle relied on "love offerings" meaning charity from their church. There are probably plenty of people in NW Arkansas who don't have the kind of income that Derick has, and would be grateful for these "love offerings."

There's no reason to be too proud to accept charity when you're in need, but I can't even imagine the kind of douchebag who takes charity from others when s/he isn't in dire straights.

• Love 7

- I kept switching back and forth between this and a CNN documentary. One showed what really mattered, the other not so much.

- I can't believe that Jim Bob and Michelle were counselling Jill and Derrick ... in a public place. Imagine talking about "intimate" things, not only with your parents, but with a strange family right behind you. Voices travel. They're pretty famous in those parts, I would assume. Today, they talked about finances and I just thinking, Derrick certainly read up on Jim Bob with the no debt. Jim Bob created this extraordinary scenario, Derrick kept insisting he wouldn't take debt, but never once did he explain what he would do if his engine blew, he had no money in their account, or their backup account, and he wouldn't use a credit card, considering they'll live out in the middle of nowhere, it would seem. Still, I can't get over this session happening in such a public place. And Jim Bob and Michelle should have stepped back and let someone else do the counselling. This whole set up is just far too closed in on itself.

- I noticed that Michelle refused to tell or give press to the book they were using. I remember them saying that they had read a few books that helped them (in bed and in finances) but I returned that book to the library so I can't cross reference. I wonder why she wouldn't plug it.

- It's one thing to save a lot until marriage, but I keep thinking how both the bride and groom are put in the position to keep saying the right thing, not necessarily the real thing. They're both being grilled for the right answers. Considering she basically met him a few months before and in the span of a day will go from holding hands to getting it on, it would be helpful if they actually were able to talk -- really talk -- about real issues -- in a real way. Instead, it feels like a performance that's catering to mom and dad.

- Why is Jinger neon? Her skin colour beside Jessa is so tanned and beside Jill's, she's neon.

- Why is anyone proud of Derrick for having a job when it doesn't seem to matter. Jill and Derrick get a mansion, mortgage free. They also get thousands of dollars of furniture that they're not paying for. Their wedding is probably comped somehow. I doubt they personally are paying for anything. Michelle said that the family is taking responsibility for this. They sold their photos of their wedding and pregnancy, and will do so for the foreseeable future. So what that he had a "real" job? They're in la la land, know as celebrity. You can see the magical fairy dust sprinkled over them. 

- I found the reenactment was cute.

- I loved Ben and Jessa's little interaction. Those two make me smile.

- No, Michelle, I don't believe you like sparkle or bling. I mean, it could be her inner cheerleader come out, but it seem to hurt her to say "bling". She had to really work for it. And every nail done differently is so tacky. You do one accent nail, if you do the different thing at all. One nail isn't bling, the other polka dot, etc. That's not aesthetically pleasing, but they way she stared at Jim Bob as they were giving a tour of the house just said "love" to me.

- Derrick: you don't have 18 helpers. You have 18 new brother and sisters, friends and family. They're not there to do stuff for you. They're family, now.

Edited by glow
  • Love 2

Wait, is Jill marrying Derick DILLARD?? I was so confused....I thought she was marrying Derek JETER. 

What in the actual fuck was that froyo date??? (Besides a gluttonous feast for JB) That "pre-marriage counseling" sounded a lot more like Boob trying to make sure Derick lives up to their ridiculous Duggar standards.

I really do love that house he gave Jill. The built-ins, the windows! But wait....he didn't actually GIVE it to them. They're just staying there until it sells, as we keep being reminded by how often he stresses the word "temporary". I know he can't really set a precedent here, or he'd have to give every kid a nice house, but damn. He's so assy about it.

Oh, and how creepy was it when he mentioned getting the "we're pregnant!" call....as they all stood in the master bedroom. Ew. 

I want James to move in with them. His DGAF level is off the charts. 

Jana has been making a lot of digs lately. This week she mentioned something about how it will be nice for Jill to live on her own and not have so many people to clean up after. Poor Jana. She clearly wants the fuck out of there.

• Love 5