Type keyword(s) to search

Adult Swim: Now With 20% More FOX Cartoons!

Sandman87
  • Start Topic

If you listen closely, you can hear the contented sighs of Jets fans. And it looks like Carl's foam finger has been miraculously healed.

ETA: (9/27) Looks like Carl was right for once. I still think it's safer to bet against him.

Caught the massive AS panel today at New York Comic Con. Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter comes from Jon Glaser, who trades in his ski mask for an eyepatch and attire that can give headaches to the blind. I'm thinking this "miniseries" will appeal to those who dig The Heart She Holler.

In case anybody is around these parts . . . [as] is running Frisky Dingo in its late night slot. I like to think Adam Reed's pre-Archer effort holds up after all these years. DVR it if you have the space. Boosh!

Yeah, I can still waste an entire afternoon watching Frisky Dingo when I only meant to watch one scene from one episode. I think I have most of the dialog memorized now.

I still haven't been able to get into Archer at all. Just doesn't float my boat.

Two things:

1. Neon Joe: Werewolf Hunter will be running at midnight this coming week. I don't know if Jon Glaser can make a miniseries work, but I'll be DVRing it anyway.

2. Looking at the [as] schedule . .  . there will be a block of Christmas-based episodes next Sunday, including a new episode of Robot Chicken, "X-Mas United."

• Love 1

Neon Joe: Werewolf Hunter will be running at midnight this coming week. I don't know if Jon Glaser can make a miniseries work, but I'll be DVRing it anyway.

Anyone watching "Neon Joe"? I don't normally care for the live action shows on Adult Swim, but this one isn't as gross or incoherent as they usually appear on the commercials. It is very weird, though. There are some names I recognize: Scott Adsit, Stephanie March (who have appeared in 30 Rock and Law & Order: SVU, respectively).

They have multiple stories going on -- there's the main werewolf one, but I think the werewolves were created by what I think are supposed to be aliens (Adsit, March). I did like the take-off on "Misery," with Neon Joe being a writer of erotica in a past life. When he's discovered, the lonely middle-aged fat lady kidnaps him and forces him to write the 69th book in the series. 

It's going to air on Toonami. I can't wait. No idea who might be cast as Aku, 'cause those are some mighty big evil shoes to fill.

"Jack and the Farting Dragon" is one of my top ten cartoon episode titles of all time.

Adult Swim isn't affiliated with Disney, but they're going a run-up to the new Star Wars movie. They're airing the hour-long episodes of Family Guy over the next few nights, as well as the first two specials from Robot Chicken. They're not airing the third special, which is a shame. The one with Luke and the Wampa might be the darkest sketch the show has ever done.

Heads up . . . [as] is running holiday specials in the 4 a.m. slot this week. Tonight will be "A Huey Freeman Christmas" from The Boondocks (subplot: Riley Freeman assaulting mall Santas), and tomorrow will bring the Christmas episodes of Moral Orel, aka the first episode and the finale. "I love you . . . Oooooorel."

ETA: There will be holiday programming on Thursday night. Interesting that they'll be going back-to-back with "T-Shirt Of The Dead" (Aqua Teen Hunger Force) and "Rebel Without A Claus" (Squidbillies), since the same guy voices Santa in both episodes.

I caught the end of the episode Friday (forgot it was on) and then rewatched it now.  It was pretty decent.  That said, I've seen that episode of Newsreaders a bunch and I loved that "Making of an I-Phone".  Although the medieval themed restaurant peice was also pretty funny.

It did my heart good to see Valerie Harper do a guest spot on Childrens Hospital tonight. I hadn't heard anything about her condition in a while, and I was fearing the worst. I'm happy to see that she looks even healthier than she did when she appeared on Hot In Cleveland a few seasons ago, and she did a fine job with her CH role.

Edited by giovannif7

I watch "American Dad" and "The Cleveland Show" on Adult Swim. "The Cleveland Show" isn't great, but I still like it more than "Family Guy." One of the things I like is the occasional character of the newscaster Dwayne Meighan and "man-on-the-street" Larvell. The way Dwayne mangles the English language is stupid, but never fails to make me laugh.

• Love 1

Reminder: if [as] will be doing any April Fool's Day stuff, it'll be Thursday night/Friday morning. Last year, I was working, and it went over my head. Luckily, it was "FishCenter"-based, so I probably didn't miss much.

Fucking hell. I forgot about it. AGAIN. It's 12:37, and AS is playing ATHF. Did I miss the gag?

ETA: Checked the AS boards. Apparently, nothing has happened yet. I'll keep it on before I go to bed. I got the DVR to record the 4 a.m. block, so maybe something will pop up there.

(edited)

According to the [as] boards, they did nothing last night. I'm feeling pretty clever right now for not having stayed up to watch the whole block.

Maybe the joke is that they made me look at their crappy boards.

In other news: A new season of Mr.Pickles starts on April 17th.

Edited by Sandman87

Any Moral Orel fans here? Oh how I love this show on a Sunday morning.

Yes, such a wholesome and decent show. I like the moral lessons, such as "Raising people from  the dead is wrong...if they aren't wearing clothing."

• Love 1

Yes, such a wholesome and decent show. I like the moral lessons, such as "Raising people from  the dead is wrong...if they aren't wearing clothing."

I almost die laughing every time Moral's mom is down on her hands and knees cleaning and scrubbing, or otherwise serving her headship, while he bloviates about God. "Remember, it is wrong to be judge and jury... so just judge!"

Also, I'm going to hell.

That Necropolis thing looks like Tim & Eric decided to do a parody of 70s/80s electronica & prog rock. I can identify two of the musicians as take-offs on Vangelis and Giorgio Moroder. Don't know offhand who the third one is.

I watched an episode of "Decker," because it was about time travel. I know it's supposed to be a parody of all those spy/action thrillers, but it was beyond bad. It was too bad to even be bad-funny. For the most part, I don't think the live action shows work on Adult Swim. 

• Love 1

It's Tim Heidecker. I would not have expected more from him. I gave up midway though Tim and Eric's Awesome Show Great Job, and I seldom bail on anything.

Eric Andre was on MTV's Ridiculousness. There will be a fourth season of his show on AS, though I doubt Hannibal Burress will still be on it. At the very least, the opening credits of Eric destroying the set (and himself) are fun to watch.

Saw Brad Neeley's new show on DVR. They should have called it Brad Neeley's Robot Chicken. Funny how Brad did the standard show first before going into skits. A Reverse Seth Green, if you will. I'll check out Squidbillies later.

ETA: Discussion for the class . . . if you compile a list of the best original animated series on AS, does Squidbillies crack the top ten? I'd like to think so.

Heads up: Through Thursday, [as] will be running the "Greatest Event In Television History" specials. Last night air the take on the credits of Simon & Simon. Tonight: Hart To Hart, followed by Too Close For Comfort and Bosom Buddies. Worth recording if you never seen them because. Jeff Probst hosts, but he doesn't slurp on alpha males like he does on Survivor.

• Love 1

Another heads up: This week from Monday to Wednesday at 4 a.m., [as] will be showing old pilots. Tonight. Saddle Rash will air, followed by Stiff (which I don't remember). Wednesday: Welcome To Eltingville, which I can't recommend enough. Even though I can find it online, I'm thinking of DVRing and saving it. Even with Evan Dorkin operating at PG-13, it's still a must-see. And Thursday? Korgoth of Barberia.