Type keyword(s) to search

Adult Swim: Now With 20% More FOX Cartoons!

Sandman87
  • Start Topic

@Matt K . . . I found it funny. Maybe not a spiritual successor to Children's Hospital, but not a waste of time. The other show was basically a Tim/Eric thing, in the sense that stuff was flung on the walls, and the flingers hoped enough would stick.

I meant to post: Harvey Birdman: Attroney at Law is now in the 1 a.m. slot, followed by ATHF. At 4 a.m., they're running Apollo Gauntlet. Check it Out! remains at 4:15.

If you never saw "Very Personal Injury" before, it's a trip. "Pure electricity. In my pants."

So Adult Swim has given up the 8pm slot again.  Now Amazing World of Gumball is on from 8-9.  The show is pretty good so it could be worse (it could be Teen Titans Go or Cleveland Show/Family Guy).

Apparently Dream Corp LLC has started back up again on Sundays at midnight (so technically Monday).  This season will be 14 episodes and they're showing two episodes at a time (this week will be episodes 5 & 6).  Also, it's been renewed for a third season as well.  I was wondering why the show was getting some promotion as part of the Adult Swim Festival since at the time I had no idea we were getting another season.  It is odd that there's been little promotion for the show though.

Apparently Dream Corp LLC has started back up again on Sundays at midnight (so technically Monday).  This season will be 14 episodes and they're showing two episodes at a time (this week will be episodes 5 & 6).  Also, it's been renewed for a third season as well.  I was wondering why the show was getting some promotion as part of the Adult Swim Festival since at the time I had no idea we were getting another season.  It is odd that there's been little promotion for the show though.

On 5/24/2018 at 9:01 AM, Matt K said:

Looking forward to it.  Was a huge fan of the show during its initial run. 

Did anyone see Joe Pera?  I caught a few mins since my newborn was being fussy and I found it pretty boring.

Is it wrong to have a crush on Joe Pera?  I was up late and a little slap happy, but I found something really cute and endearing about it.

Reminder: nothing new tonight, unless you count the Tigtone pilot. Next week, the series starts with the first two episodes. Reruns of The Shivering Truth will air to fill the void left by The Venture Bros.; the finale of the latest season of that repeats tonight.

Also, there looks to be two blocks on Sunday nights: Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law at 8:30, Mike Tyson Mysteries at 9. They started tonight at the very beginning.

BTW, did anyone else see Harvey Birdman: Attorney General? I don't think I asked that.

Tigtone makes me happy. I used to spend fair amount of playing fantasy adventure games, and the show satirizes the cliches perfectly. And his dialog is brilliantly stupid. "Now give me another quest bartender. Or better yet, another quest!"

(edited)

Who would win in a fight - Chubby Webbers or Scooby Doo? My money's on Chubby.

On 1/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, Lantern7 said:

Prepared to be disturbed. Again. Some more.

With some added emphasis, that would sound exactly like Tigtone. "Prepare to be disturbed! Again! SOME MORE!"

And speaking of the questing adventurer who ventures on quests, here's a Tigtone topic.

Edited by Sandman87

I tried watching Tropical Cop Tales last week. I will not make that mistake again. Only way I can think to improve it is to have a drinking game centered on the word "tropical." Then you'd black out halfway through a 15-minute episode.

I finally have electricity again, so I can respond to this:

On 2/9/2019 at 4:57 PM, Lantern7 said:

I tried watching Tropical Cop Tales last week. I will not make that mistake again. Only way I can think to improve it is to have a drinking game centered on the word "tropical." Then you'd black out halfway through a 15-minute episode.

You're braver than I am. I'd probably start out the drinking game by using the bottle to break the TV.

(edited)

All right, it's the night where Adult Swim does their April Fools thing, and I'm watching something that's (apparently) titled Gemmu Settu Machu Pichu. Think of a cross between Prefect Hair Forever and Xavier Renegade Angel, with bonus trivia facts thrown in from time to time, and you'll get the general idea. Amazingly stupid in kind of a clever way.

Anyway, it's about a guy who's challenging various Inca and Aztec gods to tennis matches while being pursued by Interpol. To the extent that it's actually about anything, that is.

ETA: The correct spelling of the show's name is Gemusetto Machu Picchu. It consisted of 6 episodes, at one hour each. Talk about a merciless April Fools gag.

Edited by Sandman87
(edited)

I only recorded the first 90 minutes on DVR. How long did it last? I look up Adult Swim's site, and it suggested that GMP was over four hours long.

ETA: Just realized that 8 p.m.-midnight was also April Fools Day. [as] didn't do anything beyond GMP, right?

Edited by Lantern7

Kept forgetting to mention: Gemusetto Machu Picchu will be run in half-hour increments starting tonight at 1 a.m.

ETA: Oh, and this is coming back . . .

Edited by Lantern7

I really do love Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell.  I'm a little surprised (in a good way) that we got more after season 1.  A funny thing about the show is how similar it is to The Good Place's depiction of hell.  

Curious if anyone else has been watching Gemusetto Machu Picchu. It's been growing on me, and I think it's a good spoof of anime without being a jerk about it.

Also growing on me: Lazor Wulf.

The day before yesterday I saw a flatbed semi driving north on I-5 with a giant fiberglass or plastic Rick head & torso on the flatbed. I assume it was going to or from one of the AS party/festival/whatever things that they've been advertising. Is there one in Oregon or Washington about now? Anyway, kind of a surreal sight.

The panel schedule for New York Comic Con is up. Adult Swim has two panels on Friday, October 4, at Hammerstein Ballroom, back-to-back.

It’s happening! Season 10 is upon us! To mark this historic occasion, Robot Chicken returns to NYCC ready to celebrate ten seasons of Emmy Award-winning stop-motion animated insanity! We’re talking teaser trailers, brand-new clips, and sneak peeks behind the scenes. Co-creators and executive producers Seth Green and Matthew Senreich are joined by actor/writer Breckin Meyer, actor/writer Milana Vayntrub , writer/director Tom Sheppard, and executive producer John Harvatine IV. Robot Chicken premieres September 29 th at midnight (ET/PT) on Adult Swim.

Emmy-winning creator, Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack), brings his newest and most daring work to NYCC. This half-hour new series follows a caveman at the dawn of evolution and a dinosaur on the brink of extinction. Bonded by tragedy, this unlikely friendship becomes the only hope of survival in a violent, primordial world. Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal roars to life in a 5-night special event, starting Monday, October 7th at midnight (ET/PT) on Adult Swim.

I'd like to see Robot Chicken, mostly because I always get to their panels when I have the chance. I'm not sure if I'd stick around for Primal. Great premise, wonderful creator track record, but I try to maximize my time at the convention center.

Edited by Lantern7