Type keyword(s) to search

Quotes from The Flash:"Lightning... gave me abs?"

Trini
  • Start Topic

Ok, I don't watch a lot of TV shows so I have no idea what the "Bye, Felicia" thing is. I've heard it before, but I'm clueless as to the origins and context.

So - "Bye Felicia" is a term picked up from the movie Friday (back in 95). Basically, it's been a thing for a long time, but only now the "mainstream" has picked it up because someone on RHOA (I think it was that show) started using it and now folks are using it as if it's brand new slang. Kinda like how Miley Cyrus is credited for twerking, when that was around 20+ years ago.

Ice Cube said "Bye Felicia" in the Friday movie with so much venom and snark that it kinda caught on as the ultimate "bye bish" type of comment.

• Love 2

Ah! Ok. Thanks for explaining that. I was overseas for almost all of the 90s so I don't get a lot of the pop culture references. I never saw Fridays. I don't watch a lot of TV and movies now, so I'm still out of touch with pop culture. What is RHOA?

Oh RHOA is Real Housewives of Atlanta. I think that's where the phrase came from in current usage - one of the ladies on the show said it I believe. Creating a resurgence/revival of the term.

Ahh! Ok. I avoid programs like that like the plague! LOL. Other than The Flash, I watch DIY/renovation shows as well as stuff on PBS. I like the murder mysteries.

Still loved the "Don't slurp. Don't Don't Dooooooon't." While Cisco just slurped away. And the "freaky brail room" line.

• Love 1

Cisco: Did I just make a metahuman Tinder? Nope, not starting that fetish.

Cisco: Who's the best hacker in the world, people?

Caitlin and Barry: Felicity Smoak.

Cisco: What is wrong with you two? That's not friendship!

Caitlin: Why'd you do that?

Joe: 'Cause if I didn't I would kill him.

Joe: How many felonies are we committing breaking into sealed court records?

Cisco: Eh, three or four...nope, five!

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 5

Barry: "What would we have done, if we were in his position? What would you do if it was Iris, Joe? Cisco, when Snart kidnapped you, threatened to kill your brother unless you helped, you did. And none of us judged you for that, we still don't. Because when it comes to family, when it comes to the people that we all love, we're all vulnerable, none of us are above making a wrong decision. He could have done it, he could have stolen my speed, gotten away with it, none of us would have even known, but he didn't. Now his daughter's gonna die and we're okay with that? I can't just give up on her, I can't just give up on a world. This is a world full of people who are facing death. I don't know, I may not be fast enough to beat Zoom yet, but I'm not gonna just close the breaches and forget about it. We have to help Wells."

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 6

^^^^ That was a great moment for Barry. He finally looked like the more mature Barry Allen I've been waiting to see. I guess that was the point. We were expecting him to react like he would have in S1, but this was maturity.

Barry also seemed happier in this episode - even with him sad about being single - he was introspective, but not brooding mad like the first half of this season. I feel like once Barry stopped TRYING so hard to be happy this season (Patty, etc) and just enjoyed life regardless, he's gonna be truly happy.

• Love 2

Wally: What the hell are you doing here? Aside from trying to send me to therapy?

Ahh! Ok. I avoid programs like that like the plague! LOL. Other than The Flash, I watch DIY/renovation shows as well as stuff on PBS. I like the murder mysteries.

Me too! The only reason I know is because my mom (wtf) watches RHOA and asked me about it. I don't know what she sees in that show, lol. Or any reality tv show. I hate reality tv.

• Love 1

Cisco: Doppel.

Reverb: Ganger.

Cisco: The name is Vibe.

Reverb: Reverb.

Cisco: That's actually not the worst name you could have come up with. But not the best.

Reverb: I've been watching you, Vibe, and I have to say I am extremely disappointed.

Cisco: Yeah? I know the feeling. I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that you're part of Zoom's gang or that weird samurai situation you've got going on on the top of your head there.

Cisco: Are you Cloud City Vadering me right now?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

Barry: No matter what universe I am in, they're my family! I would think by now you should get how important family is. I'm going, Wells, I have to.

Cisco: Look, I've seen fire and I've seen rain; I can handle myself, okay? Mrs....West-Allen.

Cisco: Look, Mirror Mirror, I already told you I'm not going to the dark side with you.

Reverb: You're a rotten shot...I'm not.

• Love 3

Cisco: Are you Cloud City Vadering me right now?

I actually thought this line was really clunky. This is not a phrase anyone says! It took me out of the episode, figuring out what he was referring to.

I actually thought this line was really clunky. This is not a phrase anyone says! It took me out of the episode, figuring out what he was referring to.

It was clunky, but a good warm-up for Arrow's follow-up of "GIVE INTO YOUR HATE!" and hand removal the next night.

• Love 2

I love how E-2 Barry played the 'cop wife' card:

Earth-2 Barry: "... My wife is a very well-respected detective in the Central City Police Department. She is going to be very upset!"

Harry: "Lair?"

Cisco: "He's a bad guy- I'm calling it a lair."

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3

Cisco: Zoom killed the love of your life. That hurts, even for someone with a heart as cold as yours.

Killer Frost: And you think that would make me turn on Zoom?

Cisco: The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?

[iris gives Cisco a look and Barry shakes his head]

Cisco: Don't tell me it doesn't work like that over here!

Cisco: They're like the Cliffs of Insanity!

Cisco: So how do we get up there?

Killer Frost: I can make you something to climb on, darling.

Barry: Are you serious? You want us to, what, just climb to the top of those cliffs on ice?

Killer Frost: Got any better ideas?

Barry: No. Ma'am. I'm just, you know, I've got, I'm wearing wingtips here. They don't have much tread.

• Love 1

Cisco: There. Great, now Harry's gonna kill me and throw my stuff across the room.

Joe: I don't suppose my homeowner's insurance covers a sharknado attack.

Wally: I don't understand you people. Jaws busts through your house like the Kool-Aid man, The Flash shows up and y'all just act like it's no big deal.

Iris: Yeah, well we've had a lot of weird things happen in Central City over the past two years.

Wally: Weirder than a talking shark wearing pants?

ETA

Lyla: There's been a breach in the aquarium!

Diggle: You have an aquarium? Why?

Diggle: You're starting to do that thing Oliver does, Barry. Carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. Gotta stop that, man, it's gonna slow you down.

• Love 3

Barry: You haven't mentioned anything about Earth 2, have you?

Cisco: No, because I know how to keep a secret.

Iris: Wait, we were married?

Cisco: King Shark takes one whiff of [the Barry bait], cue the Jaws soundtrack.

Cisco: Caitlin, I don't understand why I can't be the one playing Quint in the scenario. I should be the one out there, not you.

Wells: You know Quint dies, right?

Wells: You programmed the satellite though, right?

Cisco: Yes, Harry.

Wells: You punched in the right parameters?

Cisco: You are insulting my intelligence.

Wells: They've been waiting for hours. You have to punch in the right parameters-

Cisco: I know they've been waiting for hours but you're insulting my intelligence with this, okay? I know.

Wells: Okay.

Jessie: You set the right distortion scope, right?

Cisco: Oh, for real? Okay, you know what? We're going to play a game here. It's called "if you're from Earth 2, you're going to be quiet."

Wally: You're a really slow reader.

Cisco: Dear God, Caitlin, your hands are freezing!

Caitlin: Caitlin? I've always hated that name.

Cisco: Oh no. No no no. You're starting to become-

Caitlin: Killer Frost?

[Caitlin bursts out laughing]

Cisco: That ain't right. That ain't right. That's just rude!

Cisco: For real though, you gotta work on that circulation. You might have Raynaud's or something. You know what Raynaud's is?

Caitlin: I'm a doctor, Cisco.

• Love 2

Cisco: It didn't look this deep on the map.

Barry: That's 'cause maps are flat. This is like a thousand feet deep.

Cisco: Well, you want to get faster. Maybe plummeting to your death is the motivation you need.

Wells: To reach escape velocity, you're going to have to go...that fast.

Barry: Well, that fast is impossible, I can promise you that.

Wells: Ahhh, nothing in life is promised except death.

Barry: Edgar Allen Poe?

Wells: Kanye West.

Cisco: If it makes you feel any better, Evel Knievel cleared a line of cars that was twice this long and he didn't even have superpowers. Ah, unless you count that sweet-ass ride.

Barry: Do you hear yourself?

Cisco: Look you're going to be fine. I'm 80% of it.

Barry: Okay.

Cisco: 76. Like a strong 72. I can't stop, Caitlin help!

Cisco: Why'd you have to bring those drones along, Cisco? Oh, I don't know. You're welcome everyone!

Cisco: Villains gonna vill. 

• Love 4

Wally: "That dude gets weirder every time I see him."

Joe: "Yeeeaaaahhh...."

It was just funny how he didn't even try to cover for Barry or anything; he just agrees. Hee!

Cisco: What is it with you guys? It's like you think I have ESP or something. I can't just magically sense where things are.

Duurrr... I finally just got this one.

• Love 2

I liked it when Barry asks if Eobard/Wells has figured out the equation and then Eo knocks him out and says "I figured it out"

Cisco starts babbling about the chest symbol and whether they will have changed it because they came up with it on their own or if it's because they saw it on future Barry and Eobard/Wells is all "Stop talking. You stop talking too!"

And the bit with

Barry: The future?

Eobard: Yeah.

Barry: The future?

Eobard: Yes.

Barry: The fu-

Eobard: Yes!

• Love 3

Wells: I said I would help you get faster. I did not say I would help you give the man who kidnapped my daughter and tortured her a chance to do it again.

Iris: We are not going to let that happen.

Wells: Oh, you're not going to let that happen? Gosh, I wish I'd know that the first time.

Joe: I can't believe I'm saying this about a man I shot at and punched in the face, but I think you should listen to [Wells].

Joe: How do you use this?

Wells: You aim it and then you pull the trigger.

Joe: Smartass.

• Love 4

Harrison: We've lost Snow. You've lost your speed. And now Zoom can come through that breach any time he wants. And that, Allen, that's on you.

Harrison: People from my earth vibrate at a different frequency than people from your earth. They leave cellular dead zones wherever they go.
Cisco: That's why I'm always dropping calls around you?

Johanna: The laser tag club's in 2D.

Killer Frost: I can still pull off brunette!

Jesse: Biochem was one of my majors in college.
Barry: One of your majors? How many did you have?

Jesse: Five.

Caitlin: You got hit by the dark matter from the particle accelerator explosion?

Killer Frost: Yes, right after I flunked out of med school. I had to move back in with my mother.

Caitlin: That couldn't have been fun - if she's anything like my mine, I mean.

Killer Frost: Why? Is yours a frigid narcissist too?

Caitlin: Cold as ice.

Killer Frost: Yeah, mom was like that ever since Charlie died.

Caitlin: Who's Charlie?

Killer Frost: My brother.

Caitlin: I never had a brother.

Killer Frost: No? Then why was mom such a bitch on your earth?

Caitlin: Honestly, I couldn't say.

Jesse: [Griffin]'s suffering from oxidative stress. It means the protein in the DNA in his body is being ravaged by oxidants.

Joe: So he needs to up his blueberry intake?

Caitlin: What are you doing? I thought we had a deal!

Killer Frost: Is everyone on your earth this gullible?

Griffin: Is this going to cure me?

Harrison: As we say in science, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Cisco: Why is it that bad guys always insist on having the creepiest hideouts?

Joe: Because they're crazy.

• Love 5

Iris: I didn't think this hologram thing was going to work but so far, so good!
Cisco: I figured if they can get Tupac rapping again at a concert, we could definitely get the Flash running around Central City.

Cisco: It looks like the vacuum.
Jesse: What's the vacuum?
Cisco: No Fringe on Earth 2. Noted.

Jesse: What about the bathroom?

Cisco: You're Princess Bride-ing me right now! You must have me mixed up with someone else, Inigo.

Wells: Ramon, do you have the wand?
Cisco: The one I built for Mark Martin?
Wells: No, the one you built for the Harry Potter convention. Yes, of course the one you built for Mark Martin.
Cisco: How do you know about that Harry Potter convention?

Cisco: EXPECTO PATRONUM!

• Love 6

Barry: "The truth is, Iris, I don't know what this is between us, or where we go from here. All I know is, you're everything to me and you always have been.  And the sound of your voice will always bring me home."

• Love 5

Iris: It's just like with Barry. After the first accident, he was in a coma that no one could explain.
Henry: What did you do with him?
Cisco: So they brought him here. Well, Wells brought him here.
Iris: The other Wells.
Cisco: Right. The Wells who was actually Thawne.
Iris: Eobard, not Eddie. It's complicated.

Iris: Ewww, you guys have a morgue?
Cisco: Well, it's not like a morgue morgue. More like morgue-ish.

Cisco: We had to keep the dead meta humans somewhere.
Iris: Yeah, it looks like you did a lot more than just store them.
Cisco: Fake Wells might have done a few dissections for study purposes.
Iris: And this didn't tip any of you off that he might be secretly evil?

Cisco: A zombie? For real?

Cisco: Our accelerator experiment seems to have reanimated one of the dead metas in our morgue.
Joe: Reanimated? Like brought back to life?
Cisco: Life-ish. You ever see The Walking Dead? It's like The Walking Dead but without higher brain function and with major rage issues. I'm still unsure if our brains are on the menu though.

Cisco: How do we know this is safe?
Wells: Define safe.
Cisco: Safe as in my brain's not going to melt.

Joe: You know you can come talk to me if you're scared or you have questions about how your body's changing.
[Iris cringes]
Wally: I think you're a little late for the puberty talk, dad. I've seen the internet.

Cisco: I'm so glad you're back - because we're about to die.

Cisco: [Girder]'s about to come through that door and smush us all into chunky salsa and possibly eat our brains, I don't know,  jury's still out on that.

Cisco and Wells: Plan H.

Cisco: We're going to need a really big extension cord!

Henry: How did you do that?
Cisco: Are you like magic now?

• Love 3
(edited)

[Barry rescues Dr. McGee]
McGee: Thank you, Mr. Allen.
[Barry looks startled]
McGee: I'm not stupid.

Cisco: Birds! Why? It's like a Hitchcock movie in my head.

Caitlin: I thought throwing things was Harry's preferred method of dealing with stress.

Joe: This is where I play stupid and you explain science.

Joe: Harry and Jessie are from Earth 2. How do we keep the pulse from hurting them?
Wells: Aww, detective, I didn't know you cared.
Joe: Yes, you did.
Wells: We designed these headphones to protect us from the pulse.
Cisco: Beats by Wells.

Cisco: I think I just got the worst idea of all time.

• Love 3

Zoom: I will say...Barry sure has an ample number of fathers to kill.

Cisco: Jay may be crazypants, but he knows how to pick a venue.

Barry: I'm gonna save your dad.

Wally: No, you're gonna save our dad.

Joe: Is that what I look like when they start talking science?

Wells: You ever work with a tool before?

Cisco: I'm working with one now.

• Love 3

Cisco: It's like I'm watching Transformers in 4D, but like ten times more realistic and with much better acting.

Jessie: That is some serious nerd love right there.

Iris: Barry, kick his ass.

Harrison: In battle, choose your weapon wisely. Some people choose a gun. I choose a Phillips head screwdriver.

OG Jay Garrick: I don't know what's more annoying - being in that thing or listening to you two arguing about it.

• Love 2

Harry: Destroy the magnotar...

Cisco: Save the multiverse

(A spin on "Save the cheerleader, save the world" from Heroes).

Cisco: One pulse to destroy them all

(from Lord of the Rings "one ring to rule them all)

• Love 1

Reverse Flash: There'd better be curly fries in there.

Joe: Remember, I have a hangover and a gun.

Cisco: Is there a better way to get to work than by helicopter? Let me answer that for you. Capital N, little O.

Reverse Flash: The you I know from the future isn't this stupid.

Cisco: Don't do that! I told you it freaks me out.

Barry: I can tell from the "I don't believe you" looks on your faces that you don't believe me.

Cisco: Stop bringing strangers into my lab! Who is this?
Barry: This is Dr. Caitlin Snow. In my timeline, she's a part of our team.
Cisco: Did you? You just kidnapped this woman.
Barry: No, I didn't. Well, yeah, I guess I - she's a scientist. We need her.
Caitlin: I'm not a scientist.
Barry: You're not a scientist?
Caitlin: I'm an ophthalmologist.
Barry: An eye doctor?
Caitlin: A pediatric eye doctor.
Cisco: And we're done.

Caitlin: Excuse me, have I been kidnapped?
Wally: Unclear.

Barry: Do you know how to flank?
Wally: People always say that in the movies. Is that a thing? Flanking?

Cisco: This is why I didn't want to get involved. Crime-fighting sucks.

Reverse Flash: I want to hear you say it.
Barry: I need you to kill my mother.
Reverse Flash: With pleasure.
Barry: I hate you.
Reverse Flash: I hate you.

• Love 2

Barry: "Cisco --"
Cisco: "-Uh-uh. I don't know you, string bean."
Barry: ::sigh:: "Mr. Ramon,"
Cisco: "Oh, yes?"

(They really ought to mention Grant/Barry's lankiness more often. I got a giggle out of that.)

• Love 4
On 06/10/2016 at 3:30 AM, zannej said:

I can't remember the exact quite, but I loved how Reverse Flash said the line about how much he wanted to kill Barry but he had to be the hero instead.

Allow me :) "God, I wish I could kill you. But today...I get to be the hero."

Also, I don't know if borderline-deranged cackling counts as a 'quote', but I adored Eobard laughing like a jackal when he realised that it was Barry's use of speed that was causing the memory drain. 

• Love 1