Type keyword(s) to search

Quotes from The Flash:"Lightning... gave me abs?"

Trini
  • Start Topic

Barry: "Can I keep the sweatshirt?"

Harrison: "You can do this, Barry. You were right. I am responsible for all of this. So many people have been hurt been hurt because of me, and when I looked at you all I saw was another potential victim of my hubris, and yes I created this madness, but you, Barry, you can stop it. You can do this. Now run Barry, RUN!"

• Love 1

Barry: Joe, I'm sorry.

Joe: I'm starting to think "Joe, I'm sorry" is my actual name, as often as you say it.

Barry: I promised you I wouldn't. I keep my promises

Joe: Keep lying like that, you're liable to get struck by lightning again.

Cisco: You got blood on my suit.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, that was one idea I had (or a speed-related pun), but I wanted to see if a better quote came up.

Well, if enough people like Actionmage's post above, I'll ask to have it changed. (Like as in, click the "Like" button)

Edited by Trini

Felicity: Stay safe! And I'm talking to air now. Which is odd. I'm still doing it!

Felicity: (knuckle crack) That was not as badass as I pictured!

I'm screwing this one up a little:

Felicity: If I had a nickel for every time the Arrow didn't want me around, I'd be as rich as Oliver Queen. Who I mention because he's the richest person I know. Or used to be.

Cisco: Couldn't shoot him if I wanted to. This is actually the STAR Lab vacuum cleaner. With a lot of LEDs.

• Love 1
(edited)

"Flash vs. Arrow": The snark was strong with this one; but I'll just quote:

Cisco: "A cold gun would come in real handy right about now..."

Joe: "Hey!"

Cisco: "I'm just sayin'."

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2
(edited)

Barry/Felicity: "Cool! ... I mean, awful."

Oliver: "I read your friend Iris' blog posts on the Flash, and I visited all the crime scenes you fought at."

Barry: "Don't you sleep?" --hee!

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Capt. Cold: "Seatbelt."  <-- Because even this cold as ice criminal hellbent on killing the Flash is all about safety first!

Dr. Wells: "I hope we're not enemies." ..."You push me to better myself, too."

Keep your irony to yourself, Reverse Flash. :-P

• Love 3

Captain Cold: It's called Fire and Ice, an abstract modern day masterpiece said to represent the dichotomy of being.

Heat Wave: It represents to me that people with lots of money buy dumb stuff.

Joe: You mind telling me what's going on with you and Iris?

Barry: Nothing.

Joe: That's funny becauses I have these two things called eyes and it doesn't look like you two are fine.

Barry: I told Iris.

Joe: You told Iris you're the Flash?

Barry: What? No no no no, sorry. I told her how I felt about her.

Joe: Oh gawd.

Captain Cold: Give me one reason I don't kill you right now.

Heat Wave: It's going to be hard to find someone else to listen to your winning speeches.

Wells: So potentially these two guns could cancel each other out?

Cisco: Yeah, but to do that you'd have to make them cross streams.

Barry: You mean like Ghostbusters?

CIsco: That film is surprisingly scientifically accurate.

• Love 4

Cisco: What she means is that mostly, he was a jerk. But every once in a while...he could be a dick.

Caitlin: He was always your favorite.

Cisco: The chosen one...he referred to himself like that.

Barry: God, I wish I'd taken a language in high school.

Iris: I am serious about being a journalist.

Mason Bridge: Why because you write a blog? My mother writes a blog.

Harrison Wells: Because if you make any kind of unsubstantiated accusations, I will make sure the only job you get in physics  is teaching it to high school juniors.

Harrison Wells: I failed this city.

Hartley Rathaway: So why don't you move your precious scarlet knight, while I take out a few pawns.

Also, "evil hearing aids."

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 4

Cisco: What she means is that mostly, he was a jerk. But sometimes...he could be a dick.

That was the best line of the series so far. It was made even better when Joe just bust out laughing. I wonder if that wasn't scripted but they just kept it in. 

• Love 3

Wells: So potentially these two guns could cancel each other out?

Cisco: Yeah, but to do that you'd have to make them cross streams.

Barry: You mean like Ghostbusters?

CIsco: That film is surprisingly scientifically accurate.

Wells: And funny.

• Love 1

I just saw this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBncP1t7EPI

Which totally made me appreciate this quote:

Cop: How are we supposed to trust anything from STAR Labs after you nuked the city?

Cisco: You're right, You're right, you shouldn't trust us. What happened a year ago, that was our fault. And we can't change the past, as much as we wish we could. But tomorrow is a different story. Tomorrow is a different thing. We just want the chance to make things better.

• Love 1

I thought the whole "subtle" sex talk was hilarious, but I won't quote the whole thing:

Cisco: "You're going to need to think about a lot of dead puppies. Like, we're talking a whole kennel. And baseball. Cold showers. You know what? Nuns."

Cisco (to Joe): "I will not judge you."

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

I got a kick out of the meta:

Barry: "Impossible is just another Tuesday for us, remember?"

Cisco: "Yeah, but this is some Twilight Zone level stuff; and I say that knowing full well we have a guy locked up in our basement who can turn himself into poison gas."

Ronnie: "Wait -- really?"

Cisco: "Dude, that was like, week three!"

• Love 2

Wells: Why would anybody want to rob a morgue?

Cisco: What do you see?

Barry: A dead body.

Cisco: Barry, you're in a morgue. You're gonna have to be a little more specific than that.

Wells: He's taking being targeted by a revenge seeking metahuman rather well, I must say.

Joe: You're asking your adoptive father for advice about being in love with his daughter who just so happens to be dating his partner.

Caitlin: All right, fine, I will watch every episode of The Walking Dead with you.

Mason Bridge: Sometimes when I'm bored, I follow him around.

Wells: Forgive me, but to me you've been dead for centuries.

• Love 1

Not a funny quote, but it sums up Barry perfectly.

Barry: You used him as a distraction?

Wells: An unnecessary one, as it turns out. It seems the plan has failed.
Barry: I I have his blood on me.  How could you do that?

Wells: You're showing a lot of sentiment for a man who tormented you as a child.
Barry: Tony might have been a bully then and now, but he didn't deserve to die.
Wells: Does Caitlin or Cisco or me or you? I had a choice to make, him or us.  I chose us without a second thought.
Barry: Well, all your talk about miracle cures and scientific breakthroughs, but you don't care about people at all.
Wells: Well, maybe you care too much, Barry.  I know being a hero is important to you, and I respect your ideals.  I just don't have the luxury of sharing them.

• Love 1

Mark Hamill/Trickster: "I am your father!"

Me and Trini Mom probably laughed for a good minute at that. I was expecting nods to the first series, or even the Joker, but not Star Wars! Even though I knew he was leading up to it.

• Love 5

Harrison/Eobard asking Barry if he's near a wall so that he can phase through it.

Just the dry deadpan way Harrison asked and Caitlyn and Cisco's reaction to it XD

• Love 1

Cisco: Y'all, I don't do bees. Ain't nobody got time for bees.

Felicity: Bee careful. 

Barry: For real?

Felicity: I was very specific that you not die.

Ray: Yeah, it's a pretty big thing for her.

Felicity: She's good. She's like my nemesis. I've never had a nemesis before. I kinda like it.

Felicity: Boom. Drop the mic. It's metaphorical, of course, because I don't have a real mic.

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 1