Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

JAYJAY1979

Halloween Specials

With Halloween a few weeks, I started hunting for some Halloween specials to watch.  Here are a few I've enjoyed over the years:

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown: A classic in every sense of the word.  Still playing on tv 48 years later, both timeless and relic of the 60s :)

Witch's Night Out: A fun cartoon from the late 70s that sadly isn't shown on tv anymore.

Other past Halloween specials?

• Like 1

As I kid, I remember trick or treating, then coming home, sorting my haul of candy and watching It's the the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, Garfield Halloween and whatever else was on. Good times.

As much as I find "Chopped" repetitive in the regular week to week competitions, I do like their Halloween-themed ones. 

Yeah, me too. Halloween is my favourite holiday so the more Halloween themed shows, the better.

If anyone is interested, we do have a thread dedicated to Food Network's Halloween Wars show.

• Like 2

Watching It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! This and the Christmas special never gets old for me, and I'm well past being a kid!

• Like 2

Watching It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! This and the Christmas special never gets old for me, and I'm well past being a kid!

It's on TV tonight - I taped it and will watch it tomorrow! I LOVE this one (and the Christmas one).

• Like 1

Has anyone else watched Lizzie Borden Took An Axe with Chritina Ricci and Billy Campbell? I saw it Halloween night on Lifetime, I think. It was bad and totally snark worthy. I was wondering if anyone else thought it was as awful as I did. Not that I expect anything more from Lifetime movies.

Has anyone else watched Lizzie Borden Took An Axe with Chritina Ricci and Billy Campbell? I saw it Halloween night on Lifetime, I think. It was bad and totally snark worthy. I was wondering if anyone else thought it was as awful as I did. Not that I expect anything more from Lifetime movies.

It was cheesetastic for sure, but I read at TV By The Numbers that Lifetime is actually going forth with a limited series, with Ricci and the actress playing her sister returning, based on the years following that trial. So I guess "Behold The Power of Cheese!" applies here. But it's ridiculous, to me.

• Like 1

It was cheesetastic for sure, but I read at TV By The Numbers that Lifetime is actually going forth with a limited series, with Ricci and the actress playing her sister returning, based on the years following that trial. So I guess "Behold The Power of Cheese!" applies here. But it's ridiculous, to me.

Interesting! Usually I know if I'm seeing cheese but this time I wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming.

I've seen plenty of Lizzie Bordon "documentaries". I was hoping the movie wasn't going to follow the exact same story to a T but it did. I actually watched the first airing and a rerun later that night.