Type keyword(s) to search

Funny moments - what are your favorites?

• Start Topic

On 4/11/2017 at 2:32 PM, ghoulina said:

HA! That was great. Wasn't Lorelai looking on, like they were crazy? And they both responded as if, "What? That's perfectly reasonable".

They WERE a super cute couple. I wish Dave could have stayed on the show. 

Yes, Lorelai's dumbfounded look at their subterfuge was what made funny. They were so matter of fact about it. That's why I loved them together, they were definitely on the same page. 

Adam was also in Mr and Mrs Smith. A small role but he was funny. 

So many to choose from but two that I always rewind and have to watch over again:

1) Lorelai and Rory in the car after Sherry's baby shower talking about how drunk her friends were.

RORY: Every one of those ladies was slobbering drunk.

LORELAI: Maureen and Susan almost coming to blows was worth it, though. How did that happen, anyway?

RORY: From what I can tell, Susan said, "Bla ra um beh bleh," and Maureen took great offense.

Great timing and gestures by Alexis and Lauren's laugh right after make it one of my favorites.

2) Lorelai's painting song. Lauren at her improvised rambling best and the reactions from Alexis and Scott just make it so much better.

LORELAI: Ah come on, we’ll drink a couple of beers and we’ll sing some painting songs.

LUKE: Painting songs?

LORELAI: Yeah painting songs like, um…you know the songs that goes, um…’Grab your brush and grab your rollers, all you kids and all you bowlers, we’re going paintin’ today’. Say yes or there’s another verse.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2017 at 1:54 PM, hippielamb said:

I adore them, they were so in sync. :) A funny Dave and Lane scene that always cracks me up is when they are plotting to meet up later. 

DAVE: Um, speaking of which, it’s 3:18. We’ll have the stuff packed by 3:40, what’s the situation?

LANE: At 3:40, my mom will be on her way to the yarn store for her bimonthly sew-a-thon with Lacey Schwartz and Bick Ho.

DAVE: The yarn store’s on Peach.

LANE: Plum.

DAVE: That cuts us off from our usually route to the interstate.

LANE: There’s a back road that circles around it, but it’s gonna be muddy from the rains.

DAVE: How about I have the guys take the usual route, I’ll go by foot on Peach, down the alley behind Al’s, over the fence, and they can pick me up a half a mile down by the Shell station.

Lane and Dave were one of the funniest and sweetest relationships on the whole show. He totally leapt all-in with Lane's crazy shenanigans and hiding from her mother. His scene where he read the whole Bible in one night as part of his effort to take Lane to the prom was hilarious as well. I really wished he'd stuck around, Zach was sweet but never seemed to click with Lane in the same way or be on her level. And tbh I'd find her eventual "banged up at 20 with twins" fate less depressing if she ended up with the guy who was set up as her soulmate (and was by far the best boyfriend on the show imo). 

On 4/12/2017 at 7:09 AM, Melancholy said:

Adam Brody (Dave) was cast on The OC which was a smash hit early on but it sort of collapsed. It wasn't a particularly good show but Adam was adorable and great in it. Adam Brody was actually cute and charming enough to pull my focus from legendary crushes of mine Rob Lowe and Aaron Eckhart in the underrated satire Thank You For Smoking. I don't get why I haven't seen Brody more since like 2010. I thought he'd blow up big since he seemed like he had the looks, acting talent, comedic chops, and personality to do so.

Yeah, the O.C was all over the place but he was great as Seth. I was kind of surprised he vanished as well, he felt a lot like a 2000's Dylan O'Brien (comedic timing, they look a lot alike, type cast as the snarky, geeky best friend role) and O'Brien has done really well after starting out on a teen drama. So it's sad Brody hasn't gone anywhere. 

Edited by TimetravellingBW
  • Love 3
On 4/11/2017 at 2:32 PM, ghoulina said:

HA! That was great. Wasn't Lorelai looking on, like they were crazy? And they both responded as if, "What? That's perfectly reasonable".

They WERE a super cute couple. I wish Dave could have stayed on the show. 

I loved them together, too - and yeah, I remember Lorelai looking at them like they were crazy. 

I also remember him racing to see Lane, at the hockey game. When she realized that he'd run all the way there, and had to run back - so sweet. His jealousy over the guy who was in love with her, and reading the entire bible overnight (impressed Mrs. Kim), only to break down and ask her what it meant (the quote) 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1

My favorite Dave scene, which also fits into the funny moments theme of the thread, is at the dance marathon. His dialogue with Miss Kim is great- unlike the fake egg sandwiches.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Another great Jess/Mrs. Kim moment:

Jess: "Baseball bat?"

Mrs. Kim: "Cricket...."

Jess:  "Bye!"

And then she just marches over all no-nonsense and closes the window without another word.  Hahaha!  Cracks me up every time.

• Love 2

I giggle helplessly at the image of Jess frantically stashing things away under the floorboards :-)

I recently discovered something amusing during a recent rerun of a season 7 episode- while Chris and Lorelai are driving to FND she is making fun of his love of 80s glam rock.  If you listen closely you can hear the song "18 and Life" by Skid Row (Sebastian Bach's band and I believe he was lead vocals on that?)  Too funny and Gil is one of my favorite minor characters.

• Love 4

I'm watching Lorelai's Business school graduation and it's very funny!

Seth MacFarlane's character and his girlfriend.  They hate Lorelai because she's rich.  hahahahahahhahahahaha.  I'm NOT an Emily fan but she is just the sweetest to make such a production of the ceremony.  And the whole thing is very very funny.  (Omg, and then Emily cries!)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

The scene where Lane, Rory, and Paris are all drunk on Miss Patty's Punch and lamenting about their guy problems always has me laughing. 

Lane: He just flat out looked out of his face right into my face and said to my face that he was lying!
Rory: Zack said that he was lying?
Lane: No he lied from his face into my face about where he was going. That's what hurts the most! The lie. Except for seeing him with that woman. That hurts the most more than the lie.
Paris: You'd think they'd stumble onto the truth. Just accidentally say something like '2+2=4' just because they say so many things just accidentally that's like... MAN!
Lane: I know!
Paris: They just have to repopulate the species, you know? Just spread it around.
Rory: Oh they like to spread it around alright.
Paris: I bet you Doyle's spreading it around right now.
Rory: You don't know that he's spreading it around.
Paris: This is tasty!
Lane: I've had it!
Rory: Had what?
Lane: I'm getting to the bottom of this.
Paris: Spank his bottom!
Lane: He can't do this! We're friends, too, as well as lovers if we ever get married.
Paris: She walks funny.

And then Paris, shoeless, begging for change to make a call is gold.
"Hey, give me 50 cents. FALL IN A HOLE!!! *fart noise with hand flip*"

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Friday Night's Alright For Fighting.

An instant classic. My favorite bit of that epic sequence is when Emily is gleefully recounting her confrontation of Shira Huntzberger to a Lorelai and Rory (who are both shocked and delighted) and Richard is egging her on.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Friday Night's Alright For Fighting.

2 hours ago, Hera said:

An instant classic.

Reading these couple of posts has finally made me realize why I DON'T like FNAFF, but I'll take it to the UO thread since I know I'm in the minority. 😅

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Reading these couple of posts has finally made me realize why I DON'T like FNAFF, but I'll take it to the UO thread since I know I'm in the minority. 😅

Eh-an instant classic is someone else’s least favorite…and that’s OK! 😊

• Like 4

A couple of really random scenes that always crack me up -

When Lorelai gets to FND before Rory and makes an excuse to go back out to her jeep, and is dancing to the radio and Emily comes and knocks on the window. The way she screams and jumps back just kills me. 😅

And the scene where the Gilmore mansion is on the tour of homes and Lorelai comes to the door and suddenly there's a whole group of people behind her. The wtf? look on her face is hysterical.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 12/20/2022 at 12:18 AM, Taryn74 said:

When Lorelai gets to FND before Rory and makes an excuse to go back out to her jeep, and is dancing to the radio and Emily comes and knocks on the window. The way she screams and jumps back just kills me. 😅

That cracks me up every time!  She’s making these really goofy arm movements to that Bee Gees song just as Emily catches her 😝 

• LOL 3
19 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

That cracks me up every time!  She’s making these really goofy arm movements to that Bee Gees song just as Emily catches her 😝 

Minor quibble-it wasn’t a Bee Gees song, it was an Andy Gibb song, Shadow Dancing.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 12/19/2022 at 11:18 PM, Taryn74 said:

And the scene where the Gilmore mansion is on the tour of homes and Lorelai comes to the door and suddenly there's a whole group of people behind her.

Also this:
"You can't come in if you don't have a ticket !"

• LOL 3