Type keyword(s) to search

Funny moments - what are your favorites?

• Start Topic

Lorelai and Luke's reactions to watching the soccer match and later  when  Luke's talking

to the team like how one move was illegal because it was on another girl's head Tillie

defends the move because the girl was 'all up in my grill'.  

Followed by Luke saying, "I know, and I don't like it when people are all up in my grill". I love Scott Patterson's delivery there.

I'm just watching 3x07 and I love the scene where Lorelai finds out that Stanley Appleman has to bail on the dance-a-thon because his wife is jealous: "Stanley, that is crazy! I don’t wanna sleep with you. . . Did you tell her I don’t wanna sleep with you? . . . Well, put her on the phone. I’ll tell her I don’t wanna sleep with you. . . Well, somebody has to tell her I don’t wanna sleep with you. . . Why are you insulted all of a sudden?" Both Lauren Graham's delivery and Kelly Bishop's expression during this scene are priceless.

Edited by Katherine
  • Love 5

Another Gran moment that sends me howling is when Jason tries to give her a gift in TISL.  

TRIX: What is that?

JASON: Well, actually, this is a little present that I got for you.

TRIX: For me?

JASON: Yes.

TRIX: Why would you give me a present?

JASON: [uncomfortably] Well..

TRIX: It's not my birthday. It's not Christmas.

JASON: Yes, but...

TRIX: You don't even know me.

JASON: No, but you're Richard's mother, so I thought --

TRIX: What is it? What is this present that you got for an old woman you've never met?

JASON: [pause] It's a book.

TRIX: What sort of book?

JASON: It's a book on French antiques. I heard you liked French antiques.

TRIX: I do like French antiques.

JASON: You can just open it later. [sets box on nearby table]

And then later, in the middle of the conversation they're having -

TRIX: So tell me, Lorelai. How much money have you invested in this inn?

LORELAI: Oh, a chunk.

TRIX: And I assume that you have a projected timetable for getting your chunk back out?

LORELAI: Well, if everything goes as planned, we're hoping to break even the first year and turn a profit the second year.

TRIX: That's optimistic, yes?

LORELAI: Yes, but our town has a pretty regular tourist trade.

JASON: You know, small inns and bed and breakfasts can be real money factories.

TRIX: Yes, and wonderful places to put all those French antiques.

The way she stares him down after that last line.......LMAO.....

• Love 5

I think Michel is so funny. One of my favorite scenes is Michel babysitting baby Davey. He calls Loralei because while trying to get the baby quiet he rolled him under the bed.

Does anyone remember which episode this was?

• Love 1

Aw, I love that. "I called it Baby Crepe." "I hate Tobin! He's a sniveling little sycophantic tushie kisser, and I hate him!" More Michele and kids from A Messenger, Nothing More.

LITTLE BOY: [gleefully] He grounded us and told us to go do something to ourselves.

LITTLE GIRL: [grins] He used a dirty word.

MICHEL: And I'm destined to use many more.

LORELAI: No, you're not. Come here. [grabs and drags Michel aside by his lapel]

MICHEL: It is not my job to entertain little people.

LORELAI: Michel, the Krumholtzes are in our most expensive room. We need people like them to be happy so they tell other people like them they we're happy - because we are a new business, and we all have to go above and beyond the call of duty until we are established.

MICHEL: So you watch them.

LORELAI: I hate kids.

MICHEL: This isn't fair.

LORELAI: You're a profit participant. Happy Krumholtzes equal lots of profits, participant. [physically turns him around and approach the children]

MICHEL: [fake charm] Who wants to play some insipid board game with me?

LITTLE GIRL: We want to play an insipid board game!

LITTLE BOY: Yeah! [running off] Let's play Chinese checkers!

Edited by Melancholy
  • Love 2
On 4/22/2016 at 2:51 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I used Google and found this:

Nanny and Professor, S04E10.

Why do I have no memory of this scene?!! Also, Michel babysitting is sweet and awful and weird and perfect.

I just came here because variations of "That's not fair, the cake doesn't have legs!" pops into my head any time I make a difficult choice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Haha, he was calling the baby "Truman"! Michel is priceless. 

Hysterical.

LORELAI: Where'd you get Truman from?
MICHEL: I don't know, I heard it wrong, okay? Do you think he's gonna hold this against me?
LORELAI: What, the man that rolled him under the bed? No, I think you're good. Oh, man, he really is sleeping. He looks so peaceful.
MICHEL: See? I made him happy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I laugh every time Rory sees Jess again in season 4 and then runs away. Once they stop and he says "Where'd you learn to run like that?" is the best lol

Speaking of funny moments, one of my favorites - drunk, robe-wearing Emily on the day of Trix's funeral - is up at KODTM today.  You can vote from the homepage! Or Click Here

Richard sleeping through Paris' disastrous speech in The Big One is about the only funny part of that episode, but it makes me laugh.

This is a small moment in a great episode, but I love when Lorelai and Rory are discussing that Rory will one day be "the reigning Lorelai" at Trix's funeral and Lorelai says something like, "I'm not going to pull a Queen Elizabeth and make you wait around forever, develop an interest in polo and architecture..." And Rory immediately chimes in with, "I AM scared of horses!" Cracks me up.  

And it's a nice bit of continuity from earlier in the season, when she points out to Lorelai that the pony she rode as a child did not "sit down", it died.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I always enjoyed the interchange between Luke and Gypsy when Jess bought a car from her.

LUKE: And he paid cash?

GYPSY: Mostly twenties.

LUKE: Did you make sure Andrew Jackson was on the bills, not Alfred E. Newman or someone?

GYPSY: Looked real to me.

LUKE: Well, when he took the money out of wherever he had it, did a mask or a gun fall out?

GYPSY: No, but he was carrying it in a canvas bag with a big dollar sign on it.

LUKE: Really?

GYPSY: No.

a.jpg

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 8
(edited)

I was going through season 4 today and came across a scene where Kirk was a dog walker and was trying to find the owner of the last dog. The way he kept making up names and words to see if the dog responded to those sounds made me laugh for a good five minutes. It seemed like Lauren and Scott were trying not to crack up and stay in character.

Paris thinking the banana eating contest was about eating bananas was also hilarious. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I always enjoyed the interchange between Luke and Gypsy when Jess bought a car from her.

LUKE: And he paid cash?

GYPSY: Mostly twenties.

LUKE: Did you make sure Andrew Jackson was on the bills, not Alfred E. Newman or someone?

GYPSY: Looked real to me.

LUKE: Well, when he took the money out of wherever he had it, did a mask or a gun fall out?

GYPSY: No, but he was carrying it in a canvas bag with a big dollar sign on it.

LUKE: Really?

GYPSY: No.

I don't remember that exchange, at all. I need to pay more attention. :) 

7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

It's from the deviled egg episode.   I love Gypsy anyway and she is so deadpan with her delivery.

I like her, too. Yesterday, I watched the episode where Dean gives Rory her car. That bit where Gypsy said the wipers came off in her hands, always makes me chuckle. "You pulled those off yourself!" "Yes, I did." 

• Love 2

These were all so funny. However, I love the scene in the finale when they townspeople are trying to set up the tables for Rory's surprise party, and Lorelai and Rory are in the square talking. Behind them, you see Luke and the rest carrying tables, stop dead in their tracks as they catch sight of the girls, and then hurriedly run away before the girls can see them. For some reason, this cracks me up every time.

Also, every Godfather reference, and there are lots of them.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, CJRocks said:

These were all so funny. However, I love the scene in the finale when they townspeople are trying to set up the tables for Rory's surprise party, and Lorelai and Rory are in the square talking. Behind them, you see Luke and the rest carrying tables, stop dead in their tracks as they catch sight of the girls, and then hurriedly run away before the girls can see them. For some reason, this cracks me up every time.

Also, every Godfather reference, and there are lots of them.

Haha yeah I always laugh at that bit as well!! :D

Ditto on the Gypsy love.

In particular, this line which takes the edge off of all those times a male mechanic made me feel like an idiot.

GYPSY: Guys are stupid.
LUKE: What?
GYPSY: You strip your gears, you ride your brakes, and if we don’t laugh after we make a joke, you think we’re serious.

Also, can't read about Dean giving Rory her car without giving this exchange some love.  Ed's delivery was perfect.

RICHARD: How tall are you?
DEAN: Why, you wanna dance?
RICHARD: No, thank you. I appreciate the offer though.

• Love 6

I love this whole exchange, including Lorelai's snort:

RORY: Hi, Brennon.

BRENNON: Hey.

RORY: Rory Gilmore. Um, we went to school together.

BRENNON: Yeah?

RORY: You don't remember. Biology - the frog?

BRENNON: There have been a lot of frogs, man.

Every time I watch this episode, I crack up. There have been a lot of frogs, man. 

• Love 7

Some of the serious Jess/Luke conversations are hilarious and make me crack up on multiple viewings. 

LUKE: You know what people told me when I said you were coming here to live with me? They told me I was crazy, they told me I was insane, they told me to start writing letters to Jodie Foster – but I ignored them. I was so sure that I knew what I was doing and then you showed up and you know what happened? You proved them right. I was crazy, and now after all that has happened, after all the chaos and havoc that you have wreaked, you’re seriously standing there wearing a T-shirt with a picture of a butt with hands that are flipping me off, telling me you wanna come back?

Scott's delivery of "flipping me off" cracks me up. 

The sarcasm is rough, but the dark humor is great in:

LUKE: What's your life now? Wal-Mart full time, that's your great future? Gonna take the plunge and buy yourself a second blue vest?
JESS: Maybe, why not? What's wrong with it? I mean, it's no diner.
LUKE: Hey, I own this business, kid! I built it, this is mine! I'm not at the mercy of some boss waiting and hoping to be chosen employee of the month for a couple extra hundred bucks and a plaque. I'm always employee of the month. I'm employee of the year, of the century, of the universe!

• Love 10

I may have posted this but I always think of Babette's "I've been pushed out of moving cars!" when I'm having romantic difficulties. I don't know what episode that's from. Something also about joining the Hare Krishnas because of a guy.

• Love 3

I love Lauren's slapstick performance when she realizes Luke is interested in her - falling on the table in the diner, walking into the door at the Dragonfly test opening. It makes me laugh every time. I also wonder how many times they shot those scenes. She did it so well.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I love Lauren's slapstick performance when she realizes Luke is interested in her - falling on the table in the diner, walking into the door at the Dragonfly test opening. It makes me laugh every time. I also wonder how many times they shot those scenes. She did it so well.

One of my favorite all time scenes, and a reason why I've rewatched Raincoats and Recipes more times than I can count.

• Love 3

Just rewatched the episode when Luke and Nicole go on their first date. I loved the slapstick humour when Nicole's on the phone in the diner and Luke tries to keep Lorelai quiet. I chuckle every time I watch that scene. :D

• Love 5
16 hours ago, chessiegal said:

She did! I also love the "I don't know what's lucky for Luke" and getting so tongue tied. 

Rory's planning session to create the "World's Largest Pizza" was hilarious. 

PETE: Instead of this whole one huge pizza concept, we’re gonna do a hundred little pizzas all sitting next to each other.
RORY: What?
JOE: Like a pizza doily.
RORY: I don’t want a pizza doily.
PETE: Okay, less a doily, more of a collage.
RORY: I don’t want a pizza collage either.
JOE: Hey guys, I got another idea. How about we put the pizzas together, and then put pepperonis over the open spots.
PETE: So it looks like one big pizza, tricky.
RORY: Okay, hold on.
JOE: Or we could put cheese over the holes.
KIRK: Please don’t say the C- word.
RORY: Guys.
PETE: Cheese might fall through the holes.
JOE: We can use slices.
PETE: That’ll work.
RORY: That will not work!
PETE: Hey, Rory.
RORY: No. Now you three listen to me. We agreed that this was going to be the world’s largest pizza. That was the concept. Now I realize it can’t be the world’s largest pizza because that pizza was insane, but it is still going to be large. Very large. Crazy large.
PETE: But we –
RORY: No buts! That was the concept – get back to the concept! This is not Gangs of New York now with Cameron Diaz. This is Gangs of New York twenty years ago with Meryl Streep as Scorsese originally imagined it. Come back, refocus, remember the goal. Am I making myself clear?
JOE: Cameron Diaz is hot.
RORY: Not the point, Joe.

AB's delivery of "Not the point, Joe." cracks me up. 

• Love 5
On 9/30/2016 at 9:48 AM, Melancholy said:

Some of the serious Jess/Luke conversations are hilarious and make me crack up on multiple viewings. 

This is true! I also love when Luke teases Jess.

When he finds out that Jess works at Walmart..

"Look at you...eating apple pie"!

When he goes to the ceremony when Jess is named employee of the month..

"The forklift is going 'where's the extension of me?'"!

When Jess finds out that his car has been "devil-egged"..

"Well, that is paprika...man, they must hate you a lot!"

I just love the way Scott delivers this stuff, with such a sense of joy.

There is so much sarcasm in their relationship, but there's also an underlying sweetness that just makes it really delightful.

• Love 10
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:08 PM, deaja said:

Richard sleeping through Paris' disastrous speech in The Big One is about the only funny part of that episode, but it makes me laugh.

I laugh at the scene too. How can you sleep through the most interesting part. Ha!!!

On 6/10/2016 at 9:08 PM, deaja said:

29 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I laugh at the scene too. How can you sleep through the most interesting part. Ha!!!

And then he tells Lorelai to tell the girls they did a great job.  Bahahahaha.

• Love 2

LUKE: Where’d you get the money for the car?

JESS: What?

LUKE: The car. Where’d you get the money?

JESS: I told you, I worked for it.

LUKE: I know what I pay you.

JESS: Okay, well, I do jobs around town.

LUKE: What jobs?

JESS: I clean rain gutters.

LUKE: Jess, if you cleaned every rain gutter from here to Vermont, you wouldn’t have enough money to buy that car. Now tell me where you got the money.

JESS: I’m not just doing rain gutters when I’m not working at the diner.

LUKE: What are you doing?

JESS: I go to a. . .a place that gives me money.

LUKE: For what?

JESS: For my services.

LUKE: What services? What place? [pause] Jess, are you a gigolo?

Slays me every time.

• Love 8
On 10/31/2014 at 11:28 AM, evilmindatwork said:

I love every episode with Lane and Dave Rygalski. Those scenes made my preteen heart soar. I wonder if her character would have had a better ending if Adam Brody hadn't decided to leave for The O.C.

I didn't mind Zach as a character (sometimes he could be obnoxious) but I really didn't like him with Lane. It just felt like they had no chemistry and the relationship came out of nowhere. Her and Dave were amazing and adorable.

• Love 6
On 12/9/2014 at 10:53 AM, ddiced35 said:

I don't think I've seen this one mentioned, and I can't believe I didn't think of it before -- at the grand opening of the Dragonfly, when Lorelai is all nervous around Luke when he arrives and she turns and plants herself into the passing door! I have to rewind and watch that moment at least a few times every time it's on.

I love this! Makes me crack up every time too. Lauren was really great at the physical comedy as well. 

10 hours ago, Jazzy said:

I didn't mind Zach as a character (sometimes he could be obnoxious) but I really didn't like him with Lane. It just felt like they had no chemistry and the relationship came out of nowhere. Her and Dave were amazing and adorable.

I adore them, they were so in sync. :) A funny Dave and Lane scene that always cracks me up is when they are plotting to meet up later. 

DAVE: Um, speaking of which, it’s 3:18. We’ll have the stuff packed by 3:40, what’s the situation?

LANE: At 3:40, my mom will be on her way to the yarn store for her bimonthly sew-a-thon with Lacey Schwartz and Bick Ho.

DAVE: The yarn store’s on Peach.

LANE: Plum.

DAVE: That cuts us off from our usually route to the interstate.

LANE: There’s a back road that circles around it, but it’s gonna be muddy from the rains.

DAVE: How about I have the guys take the usual route, I’ll go by foot on Peach, down the alley behind Al’s, over the fence, and they can pick me up a half a mile down by the Shell station.

• Love 7

HA! That was great. Wasn't Lorelai looking on, like they were crazy? And they both responded as if, "What? That's perfectly reasonable".

They WERE a super cute couple. I wish Dave could have stayed on the show. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

HA! That was great. Wasn't Lorelai looking on, like they were crazy? And they both responded as if, "What? That's perfectly reasonable".

They WERE a super cute couple. I wish Dave could have stayed on the show. 

I've never been invested enough to look it up to confirm, but I've heard the reason he was written off was because he was cast on another show.  I think the show was set in California so all the comments about him being across the country were "wink, wink, nod, nod." 

One day I'll google, but for now, I like the speculation. :)

Adam Brody (Dave) was cast on The OC which was a smash hit early on but it sort of collapsed. It wasn't a particularly good show but Adam was adorable and great in it. Adam Brody was actually cute and charming enough to pull my focus from legendary crushes of mine Rob Lowe and Aaron Eckhart in the underrated satire Thank You For Smoking. I don't get why I haven't seen Brody more since like 2010. I thought he'd blow up big since he seemed like he had the looks, acting talent, comedic chops, and personality to do so.

Edited by Melancholy
34 minutes ago, Melancholy said:

Adam Brody (Dave) was cast on The OC which was a smash hit early on but it sort of collapsed. It wasn't a particularly good show but Adam was adorable and great in it. Adam Brody was actually cute and charming enough to pull my focus from legendary crushes of mine Rob Lowe and Aaron Eckhart in the underrated satire Thank You For Smoking. I don't get why I haven't seen Brody more since like 2010. I thought he'd blow up big since he seemed like he had the looks, acting talent, comedic chops, and personality to do so.

I think he was in a terrible movie I saw once - In the Land of Women?  My friend and I went to see it because he was cute and it looked good.  I can't remember anything about it other than we both hated it.