Type keyword(s) to search

HTGAWM in the Media: 12 (Million) Angry Men (& Women)

2 minutes ago, J.D. said:

What did Ricamora say in his HRC speech?

You have to, and truly should, watch the speech for yourself; someone linked to it higher up on this page or the previous.

The reason is that it wasnt one or two specific things I can quote but rather the speech collectively.

As someone who thinks Ricamora is weak on this show, I think it was an amazing speech.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You have to, and truly should, watch the speech for yourself; someone linked to it higher up on this page or the previous.

The reason is that it wasnt one or two specific things I can quote but rather the speech collectively.

As someone who thinks Ricamora is weak on this show, I think it was an amazing speech.

Thanks.  I just watched it and I agree with everything you said except for maybe the part about Ricamora's character being weak.  To me, he may not be as pivotal as the K5, but I feel like all of his scene are poignant, and I hope he never leaves.  :)

FUN FACT:  Did you know there's a 10 year difference between their ages?  Jack Falahee's 27 and Conrad Ricamora's 37.  I'm not sure about the ages of their characters.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Tiger said:

Also, at least as of season 3, episode 4, Connor is one of two regulars that hasnt killed or even tried to kill someone.  And on the whole he is the most crime-free.  It would send a horrible message to kill off the most relatively innocent character, especially given that he tried to extraxate himself from the insanity and that escape was stolen from him.

What message would it send, and to who?  And would anybody really care?

BTW, I think the dead body is Frank.

15 hours ago, Milaxx said:

Also the show has a history of telling us who the bad guy is and then confusing us throughout the season so that we think it someone else. Season 1 - As soon as Lila's body was found Annalise literally said"I bet the boyfriend did it."

This is so true  I just re-watched the S3 premiere.  About the 'Killer' posters -- Analise says "I'll bet it is just some student I pissed off."  and sure enough it is that Simon character as we find out in Ep 5.

Also in the premiere, they are hanging out at Connor and Oliver's studying and Oliver is making everyone mojitos and Laurel passes  asking for water, Michaela jokes "You're  pregnant with Frank's baby"  Which Laurel denies.

Interesting -- there is this intense scene between Laurel and Wes that really suggests that probably something did happen with them off-scene.  So the show definitely lets you know in the first ep that Laurel is pregnant, but there is a hint that it just might be Wes'.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

What message would it send, and to who?  And would anybody really care?

BTW, I think the dead body is Frank.

IMHO, it would be the show sending the message to the audiance and life/fate sending the message to the characters that even if you try to be a good person you still have a shitty destiny.

For what it's worth, I think Eve, Nate, and Connor are the only characters that deserve a happily ever after, and I definitely do not think that ending up with Oliver is Connor's HEA.  He deserves to be with someone who doesnt want to ruin his future like Oliver did when he hacked the email and told the Stanford woman no.

Edited by Tiger
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

IMHO, it would be the show sending the message to the audiance and life/fate sending the message to the characters that even if you try to be a good person you still have a shitty destiny.

For what it's worth, I think Eve, Nate, and Connor are the only characters that deserve a happily ever after, and I definitely do not think that ending up with Oliver is Connor's HEA.  He deserves to be with someone who doesnt want to ruin his future like Oliver did when he hacked the email and told the Stanford woman no.

Don't listen to Tiger, HTGAWM Gods.  You mustn't break up my Coliver.  Oliver might not be Connor's "Happily Ever After" and vice versa, but I love their relationship - warts and all.  I love the imperfection, the struggles, the highs & lows of trust and mistrust.  Please keep my Coliver safe.  Thank you.  That is all.  :)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DearEvette said:

This is so true  I just re-watched the S3 premiere.  About the 'Killer' posters -- Analise says "I'll bet it is just some student I pissed off."  and sure enough it is that Simon character as we find out in Ep 5.

Also in the premiere, they are hanging out at Connor and Oliver's studying and Oliver is making everyone mojitos and Laurel passes  asking for water, Michaela jokes "You're  pregnant with Frank's baby"

Interesting -- there is this intense scene between Laurel and Wes that really suggests that probably something did happen with them off-scene.  So the show definitely lets you know in the first ep that Laurel is pregnant, but there is a hint that it just might be Wes'.

I think I posted in another thread that I thought about the passing as well when trying to timeline the pregnancy and realized that Laurel is actually seen drinking two or three times after that scene, thereby throwing a monkey wrench in her knowing at that time.  Notice how we can conclude that she is far enough along that a test could detect the pregnancy, but not so far along that the doctors who were getting ready to operate on her could visually detect a possible pregnancy.  I lack the knowledge of how soon modern medicine could detect that (10 days?).  I was hoping we'd get the sex scene this week, but the show knows people are speculating and will likely only reveal via flashback.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

I think I posted in another thread that I thought about the passing as well when trying to timeline the pregnancy and realized that Laurel is actually seen drinking two or three times after that scene, thereby throwing a monkey wrench in her knowing at that time.  Notice how we can conclude that she is far enough along that a test could detect the pregnancy, but not so far along that the doctors who were getting ready to operate on her could visually detect a possible pregnancy.  I lack the knowledge of how soon modern medicine could detect that (10 days?).  I was hoping we'd get the sex scene this week, but the show knows people are speculating and will likely only reveal via flashback.

Yeah, ten days is typically the earliest an hCG blood test will be positive. I will be pretty annoyed if they only reveal the father via flashback, but I agree it's a good possibility.

Fall finale/episode 309 airing Thurs, Nov 17.

Winter premeire/episode 310 tentatively scheduled for Thus, Jan 5.  

ETA: when the second half of the season airs is still up in the air.  Allegedly Shonda wants all her shows to air on Thurs, and the network is trying to figure out how to fit everything.   Also, somehow its unclear on if Scandal, Catch or Starcrossed will have episodes ready for early Jan.

Edited by Tiger

How to Get Away With Murder’s Jack Falahee Comes Out as Straight Because of Donald Trump’s Election

While I'm not gay, on HTGAWM I play a character who's in an interracial relationship with an HIV positive man. However, in the past I've declined to discuss my own sexuality in an attempt to try and dismantle the closet. Opponents to my ambiguous answers to questions surrounding my sexuality argued the importance of visibility. Ultimately, I think that my stance has been unhelpful in the fight for equality. I feel that I've sacrificed my ability to support the community for a more theoretical discussion about sexuality. Now more than ever, I want to offer my support to the community as an ally.

• Love 1

Whereas if it's Frank or Wes, it touches and concerns every character and every story.

Except that Connor threatened to kill Wes himself and I believed him. So Michaela and Connor don't care about Wes. They aren't shedding any tears over him nor Frank. I actually don't care either, I'm ready to let Frank go and they need to get this show away from Anna's precious Wes. Everyone tripping over themselves to with some shit that he's put himself in the middle of. I'm so with Michaela and Connor, I am starting to resent that boy. I was completely distracted from this week's case because he was all up in it. 

• Love 1

Good interview.  I really do flove Alfie.  I hope that he gets something else, I know he did a play but the man is too pretty to disappear from my television forever.

I KNOW! 

To comfort myself, I've decided I need to see him in a sci-fi show and sporting his English accent. C'mon TV gods, make this happen for me!

How to Get Away With Murder's Latest Casualty: The Death Will 'Change Up the Story in a Big Way'

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/how-to-get-away-with-murder-winter-finale-who-died-w451212

The Character Who Died on How to Get Away with Murder Speaks Out: 'I'm Sad' to Say Goodbye

http://people.com/tv/how-to-get-away-with-murder-dead-character-revealed-interview/

HTGAWM Boss Offers Ray of Hope in '#UnderTheSheet' Reveal, Teases 'Shocking' Twist in 2017 Premiere

https://tvline.com/2016/11/17/how-to-get-away-with-murder-recap-season-3-episode-6-wes-dies/

Edited by Artsda

There's a nice article in the Dec. 2 issue of Entertainment Weekly about the day they shot Wes' death. I'm not transcribing the whole article cuz I'm lazy :-) Main takeaways.

• Alfie thought Wes was going to be killed off at the end of season 2 because the show had burned through so much of his back story.
  • There wasn't a dry eye on the set when he told the rest of the cast that Wes would be under the sheet.
  • According to Pete Nowalk, Wes could pop up in future flashback episodes the way Sam has the past 2 seasons.
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Happytobehere said:

Here is the showrunner's response to claims that viewers were tricked into thinking that Wes was alive.

http://share.ew.com/iF8fUJX

Thanks!
Interesting that the Connor/Thomas scene was before the fire also. I thought they had left it a bit ambiguous? I kind of assumed they were happening at roughly the same time.

• Love 1

I kind of call BS on Nowalk in this interview. The promos throughout the season clearly said that we would be told each week who wasn't under the sheet. Maybe he had nothing to do with the promos, but the fact is they created an expectation that when a character was revealed as being in the future timeline, they could be considered safe. The fact that the show plays with time doesn't really account for the expectation created by those promos. And I find myself vaguely irritated at his unwillingness to acknowledge that.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 8

According to this article, the process of getting a star involves being nominated (by anyone), and then selected by a committee. However, if you are selected, whoever nominated you needs to pay a fee ($30,000) to construct and maintain the star. Also, if you don't want one, you can refuse the "honor" (apparently some do-- the article mentions Julia Roberts and Dustin Hoffman refused). They also say that the committee refuses any nominees that they believe have no talent (Kim Kardashian specifically).

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-laz-pick-hollywood-walk-of-fame-stars-20150504-column.html

• Love 3

Thanks for looking that up @possibilities. That seems to fit the narrative I've heard. Some stars have someone like their agent nominate them and it's up to the committee to say ok and then your agent (aka you) pay the fee. The article mentions movie/TV studios, publicist or PR marketing purposes so yea, its mostly a scheme (for the walk of fame committee, they need attention too to keep this popular, and the star being honored). Viola deserves a star more than most of the people on there but she is getting one NOW because she is on TV and on magazine covers and has a movie coming out and this is the time to hit with more publicity. I doubt the Committee has a rigorous process for deciding based on the people they do allow on there.  

Edited by jvr

OMG, I love this woman! (Viola)  She was on CBS Sunday Morning today and I just sat and cried. She's awesome!  Yeah, the show disappointed me last season, but, Viola is a treasure. Never a disappointment. And her speech about Meryl Streep at the Golden Globes!  She has a short line between her heart and her lips. She's now my best friend.  (In my mind. lol)

• Love 2

My ABC affiliate has a 20/20 special on tonight about Trump (ugh, would much rather watch Annaliese!). Could have sworn HTGAWM has been promo'd as returning on Jan 19 after Scandal. Anyone know more? No news on this board that I saw.

2 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

My ABC affiliate has a 20/20 special on tonight about Trump (ugh, would much rather watch Annaliese!). Could have sworn HTGAWM has been promo'd as returning on Jan 19 after Scandal. Anyone know more? No news on this board that I saw.

It got bumped to next week due to the inauguration. Unfortunately. 

On 12/28/2016 at 2:49 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

Upcoming episode titles

• 3x10: We're Bad People
  • 3x11: Not Everything's About Annalise

I was thinking the second half of the season might be mirror opposites of the first half. For example, 3x1  was "We're Good People Now". However the closest we get to a mirror of 3x11 is "Don't Tell Annalise" but that's 3x4.

3x12 is "Go Cry Somewhere Else" and 3x13 is "It's War". So that blows that theory.

Edited by Milaxx

So Wes being Annalise's son is or is not back on table?

Why can't producers give a single definitive answer to anything in these interviews?  Even sitcom producers are doing this shit now.  Seriously, the question could be "will the show air on a day of the week ending in 'y' next year?" and the producer would he non-commital.

So Wes being Annalise's son is or is not back on table?

Not, as said above he was her son in her feelings not biologically. 

They also admit that the reason why Laurel's dad wanted Wes dead is complicated and involves DA Denver. Hmm.

I dislike Nowalk being coy about that because it's just going to fuel the delusions of those who want to believe that AK really is Wes bio mom. I mean we saw an autiosy with organs removed and people *still* wanted to believe Wes wasn't dead.

This is the second time I've read an interview where Nowalk discussed moving away from the University setting. I'm not sure how they could make that work. These guys are what 2L's? I think they need some sort of tie in to the University. I can't imagine the remaining 4 all dropping out to follow AK. Just give her back the clinic. Her charges were dropped and she's been making her AA meetings.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Gillian Rosh said:

That would be an interesting change. I have to think, though, that Annalise's practices must be in shambles at this point. Would the writers have the K4 working for other attorneys or firms. Who would hire them?

Exactly, who would hire them? I don't know about how things work in Nowalk land, but law students who are att eh bottom of their class, and who are constantly mentioned in connection with murders and othe crime would not be on the desirable hire list.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, starri said:

I can kind of see them doing a time jump to them working as junior partners.  

I have a feeling they will do a time jump.  I mean Annalise doesn't even have a place to live now; I time jump would be a great idea.

And I also think next season should be the last season.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1