Type keyword(s) to search

Hollywood Divas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Man, Golden is....I don't even know how to describe her.  Loved that she freaked the fuck out about Paula calling her a Jezebel but didn't have a reaction to Paula calling her a whore 5 seconds before.  And as much as she dismisses "reality stars"she sure is relishing her role.  The way she asked Countess oh so sweetly, "do you want us to write out the role?", then when Countess said yes, she attacked with the "you would make us do that!?!  How dare you!"  it was quite scary.  

Paula is still nuts.  Although I do think she has a point about how women are treated in the industry, I think they didn't call her because they didn't want to deal with her crazy.

It was also really scary watching that car plow through Elise's door seconds before she stepped out.  I would have been completely shaken up!

Love Shar and she and Countess should have their own show.  We should all start emailing Todd.

• Love 1

When I saw that car hit Elise's door, I thought they were shooting a scene from the movie.  It looked like a carefully planned stunt to me.  But, if it was for real, Elise was much more composed than I would've been.

Paula, she's just plain crazy.  I looked for Forrest on IMDB, being curious about his career.  He doesn't have many credits.  "The White Sistas" is listed as being in post-production, with a budget of $500,000.  I'm trying to figure out who broke and homeless Paula knows that fronted her half a million to make a movie.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 1

Lisa is a terrible actress.

I concur.

I could sit all day and watch Paula. Her delusions are sad and comical. She has a collection of hats to rival the Queen. I honestly don't know if she's putting on for the camera or if she's really this wacky, but she entertains the hell out of me.

I understand Countess' surgery was voluntary and it was badly planned to have it done two days before filming, but Golden is the type of person who will talk you down until she gets her way. That's what she was doing with Countess over the phone.

This season is really short.

• Love 1

Despite all our comments on cray-cray Paula, the trick has working gigs; I was looking at Bounce TV last night and she is on some black oriented show.

Golden suggesting Shar to take Countess' place was shady as fuck....glad Shar shut that down.

• Love 1

It was obvious to everyone that Countess wasn't going to be ready 2 days after full body lipo. I'm mad that she was going to make this production look even more bootleg by showing up, half drugged on whatever pain killers they'd given her, to do a love seen in a full body compression stocking. And Paula, boo if you can't clear 3 days off work to shoot the film after missing all the planning meetings then you can't be the director.

Are they doing a reunion show? Cuz I'm here for that. I also second that we should all email Todd about a Shar/Countess show.

• Love 1

I can't take Forest seriously in any sort of professional capacity. The man reads as the 6th Heartbeat to me. The distant uncle over the Holidays that wasn't supposed to be upstairs and your aunts always had a clear line of sight as to where their purses were because "Fool me twice...". I almost feel bad about the amount of no good do bad I get off of him...

• Love 3

Paula is all kinds of wrong.  She wants to direct this film, but then calls something else her "real job."  If that's how she feels, then why direct?  It's not a "man thing" at all.  The people on the set could see that Paula was MIA most of the time, they didn't respect her because of that, not because she's a woman.

I find this show very interesting because it does give a glimpse of the bones of making a movie; not so glamorous.

• Love 1

I think this show has become my favorite fluff of a reality show! The level of craycray is so off the charts that I burst out laughing! And with all the reality crap I watch, laughter is not a common occurrence.

This episode had me crying at times, I laughed so hard! The divas' expressions, their dismissive LOUD blah blah blahs toward one another, their BAD acting. Omg.

Paula looked like an old granny in her hats and stooped posture during her directorial bits. She is also out of it most of the time. Combo crazy, distracted, annoyed with everyone, megalomaniac! Comedy gold.

Countess is sweet but a full body Lipo two days before a movie love scene?! Talk about self-sabotage. And Dr Surgeon wasn't exactly honest with her, was he?

The way they greet each other every.single.time! "Hello gorgeous! Hello beautiful!" Kisses, hugs, hate, omg.

And in some of Elise' s THs, she was channeling Iman with the wig and eye makeup! Caught me up short.

TVOne is promoting a HD marathon starting Wed, Nov 26, 8pm, if anyone has missed an episode...or just wants a good laugh.

• Love 2

Wow Countess!  I don't know if I would have disclosed that do-it-yourself abortion on nationwide TV.  There are too many right-to-lifers who will be up in arms and might draw more attention to it than she bargained for.  Can she be prosecuted for what was surely an illegal abortion back then?  She didn't say how far along she was, but I'm wondering if disclosure this long after the fact can still be used in some kind of further investigation that might be started against her.  I'm wondering what kind of people in her camp would let her make the decision to disclose that information like she did.  Shaky ground if you ask me.

• Love 1

Lisa Who?

Golden having esteem issues because her mother was light and she is not certainly explains the Cremation #7 foundation she always uses.

I'm sure Elise was probably also mad that Paula could make time to attend a red carpet event when she was playing Extra #6 but not make the red carpet events for the movie they were in back in the day.

I would watch a reality show starring Countess and Shar Jackson.  That is all.

• Love 1

Because I know I'm not the only one wondering which of her fashions Paula dragged out for that true blood premiere......

450802628.jpg?v=2&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8

Recently divorced auntie who got married right out of high school and is ready for every Grown and Sexy night in town.... 

• Love 2

The best part of the show was the short scene of Shar and Countess driving down Sunset Blvd. Next season should definitely be "Hollywood Divas: Countess and Shar". Forget the rest of those broads.

Paula thinking that the reason the ladies are upset with her is because they are jealous of her is beyond laughable. Bitch, you are living out of garbage bags....on national TV. Ain't nobody jealous of that. I, for the life of me, can't figure out why she didn't just tell them upfront she had a premiere. She had several opportunities to mention it: when they originally set their schedules, when they discussed Paula being on set more, when they got together to discuss the miscommunication about the cancelled shoot day, the morning of the last day, etc. No excuse she gives, including not having a fucking daddy, makes sense to me.

I have to send some love out to Alan (?), the director of photography, who high tailed it the fuck outta there the second Mama Paula started with, "oh, so this is what you've been doing but for no pay". Lol. Also, great move on the part of him and the AD to gently stroke Elise's ego to convince her stay after she threatened to leave. It was so masterful, you just know that they've had to do that multiple times catering to real stars.

• Love 3

I watched this whole season and found it hilarious.  As for this short, I'm in a local film club so I know some folks who have made short films before.  Of all of the shorts, I've never seen anyone make money from them directly like you would a feature.  I understand they are all busy but why so many locations and such a waste of the filming days.  The production schedule looked horrible.

And continuing on horrible, why make a basic short when you are trying to showcase what your unseen talents are.  Those clips and scenes look like every other run of the mill production.  Nothing anyone is missing.  And if Paula wanted to impress her mother, she should have taken Mama to the True Blood premiere.  

Edited by AyeshaTheGreat
  • Love 1

Wow Countess!  I don't know if I would have disclosed that do-it-yourself abortion on nationwide TV.  There are too many right-to-lifers who will be up in arms and might draw more attention to it than she bargained for.  Can she be prosecuted for what was surely an illegal abortion back then?  She didn't say how far along she was, but I'm wondering if disclosure this long after the fact can still be used in some kind of further investigation that might be started against her.  I'm wondering what kind of people in her camp would let her make the decision to disclose that information like she did.  Shaky ground if you ask me.

I doubt it.  

Countess never said how far along she was, assuming it was done in California, abortion was and is legal then.  

• Love 1

And seriously, ain't nobody watching the show but the 8 of us in this room. Who we gonna tell? She could confess to murder and her confession would evaporate like a fart in the wind.

Any word on if this has been picked up for a second season?

• Love 4

Damn, that bitch Helen Martin really fucked up Countess emotionally, huh? 

If there is another season I'd like for it to be about her and Shar Jackson, they look like they'd be a hoot to hang with.

Yes Paula, girls have always been jealous of your chickenhead ass....trick, bye.

• Love 4

I would love a pair of the rose-colored glasses Paula wears. Jealous? Power couple? What?

Lisa's sons are good-looking and seem well-raised. (EJ looks like Ed.) Nice kids.

That bonfire was a shitshow. What does Paula losing her father have to do with the price of tea in China?

• Love 2

Countess never said how far along she was, assuming it was done in California, abortion was and is legal then.

I don't think abortion after the first trimester is ever legal, even in California.  That's what I was talking about.  If I was her, I would be afraid of raising questions in the minds of those who are against abortion at all costs.  (I'm talking about the one's who were killing doctors for performing legal abortions.  Those folks are crazy in their convictions.)  Why open a can of worms that has been closed for years?  I'm just sayin.

And seriously, ain't nobody watching the show but the 8 of us in this room. Who we gonna tell? She could confess to murder and her confession would evaporate like a fart in the wind.

Any word on if this has been picked up for a second season?

Make it 9. I watch, I'm just too lazy to post. :)

• Love 5

LMAO!!!!!!  {{raises hand}}  10 of us.   Meh.  The people I speak to on a daily basis wouldn't recognize the names of any of this cast. 

I don't think abortion after the first trimester is ever legal, even in California.  That's what I was talking about.  If I was her, I would be afraid of raising questions in the minds of those who are against abortion at all costs.  (I'm talking about the one's who were killing doctors for performing legal abortions.  Those folks are crazy in their convictions.)  Why open a can of worms that has been closed for years?  I'm just sayin.

Wherever it's legal, it can performed up to the end of the 24th week.  There's medical necessity in cases where continuing the pregnancy represents a mortality risk to the mother.   But even where there isn't they'll let you make the decision past first trimester.  I know that because the Assistant Manager of the retail store I worked in in high school was my age, we were cool as hell.  Her older sister got pregnant, didn't tell their parents until she was way the hell far gone, like 4 or 5 months something like that.  They ultimately decided as a family she wasn't going to keep it.   Sorry to get graphic but at that point it's not a standard procedure, she had to deliver.   That was 1984 in New Jersey.  

Wherever it's legal, it can performed up to the end of the 24th week.  There's medical necessity in cases where continuing the pregnancy represents a mortality risk to the mother.   But even where there isn't they'll let you make the decision past first trimester.  I know that because the Assistant Manager of the retail store I worked in in high school was my age, we were cool as hell.  Her older sister got pregnant, didn't tell their parents until she was way the hell far gone, like 4 or 5 months something like that.  They ultimately decided as a family she wasn't going to keep it.   Sorry to get graphic but at that point it's not a standard procedure, she had to deliver.   That was 1984 in New Jersey.  

I don't think any self abortion would be considered legal.  Countess said she took medicine to kill the baby.  This is the last I'm saying about it, but I don't think that would be legal or ethical under any circumstances. 

Edited by swankie
Is Paula insane?  Unless she is the best actor ever, I think there's something wrong with her.

Yes.  Yes, she is.  The way she just sat there while Forrest told Golden to shut her mouth while a man was talking was quite scary.  As much as I can't stand Golden, I'm glad she put him in his place.

I thought Countess' dress looked phenomenal on her.  However, I can't believe she went through all that with the lipo/surgery to only have lost 5 pounds.  What the hell?

I love that they kept trying to say that the show was "groundbreaking".  What ground did they break?  They were doing the same petty drama that we've come to know from reality shows, uh I mean "acting" shows.  Golden can miss me with all that "this is a show about acting" nonsense.  Girl, you on a reality show.  Just swallow your fucking pride and admit it; and also admit that you saw this "reality show" as way to help bring back your stalled career.

• Love 4

However, I can't believe she went through all that with the lipo/surgery to only have lost 5 pounds. What the hell?

I know! Is that how lipo works? Golden had a "the fuck?" look on when she said that, and I agree.

Golden can miss me with all that "this is a show about acting" nonsense. Girl, you on a reality show. Just swallow your fucking pride and admit it

All of them own it except her. Girl, bye.

Elise's wig was not flattering, in color or style.

• Love 1

I think Golden did make a few good points about acting.  There really aren't a lot of avenues for black actresses, never were but fewer now because black actresses have to compete for "the ethnic role" with actresses of other races.  

The problem was that Golden's show came on before social media really took off.  The reason reality stars get acting jobs is because film-making is a business and the object is to get more asses in the seats; reality stars tend to do a lot of social media and producers would rather hire someone with a million Instagram/Twitter followers than someone with none.

• Love 1

I'm sure Golden's issues with getting a job have nothing to do with the fact that she's an awful actor and comes across as totally insane.  People may be able to overlook the insanity if you're good, or let the acting slide if you are able to sanely "play the game" of schmoozing and networking with the right people.  But she has the deck stacked against her with both.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1

She didn't come across well on the show at all. That tantrum in the fabric store? No. And I see a lot of Golden in Maya, the character she's most famous for (I loved Girlfriends), so I question her range. She's not wrong at all about the lack of avenues for black women, but she also dud herself a disservice on this show with her attitude, in my opinion.

• Love 1

I also wonder about Paula's mental state.  Why would a sane woman choose a man like Forest.  I just don't see it, maybe the sex is great, but that gets boring after a few months.

I find her story so odd that she was in a relationship with the director, and since she caught that man cheating, her first idea is to go find a PA  to fuck. And then she decides he's the love of her life.

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

I know! Is that how lipo works? Golden had a "the fuck?" look on when she said that, and I agree

I originally thought Golden knew that wasn't how Lipo worked and that was the main reason she didn't want Countess to do it. That ended up not being the case, but that was certainly MY issue with it.

Edited by Watermelon
  • Love 2

I also wonder about Paula's mental state.  Why would a sane woman choose a man like Forest.  I just don't see it, maybe the sex is great, but that gets boring after a few months.

How did Paula put it..."I am a card carrying pharmaceutical"?  I'm not sure what that means, but it might explain Forrest and the choice of Onederful as a name.  She just gets stranger and stranger.  And Forrest wanting the women to shut up when a man is talking.  Get outta here.

• Love 1

I was really disappointed in this Reunion. Most of it was unwatchable for me. I'd watch a few minutes, then cringe, feel sick or disgusted, get mad, get angry, switch it off in disgust. Then my dopey heart would win out over my head, I'd think oh give them another chance!...turn it back on, only to be disgusted all over again.

Usually, I find the show funny, even comical, but this Reunion was ug. And THEN the Forrest debacle? Just NO! No, no, no! And I couldn't help but notice that when Forrest barked his hateful order to Golden, there seemed, at first, to be a smattering of applause and agreement! My God! The audience was overwhelmingly female, wasn't it? Just horrible.

Countess actually said she had lost 3 and a half pounds! What?! Other than a little off the chin, and, maybe, a better quality waist cincher, her After was identical to her Before. All that surgical risk, pain, recovery time. For what?

There's a Part 2 next week, too. Why?!

And I think NeNe Leakes' s makeup artist must be giving lessons. Elise and Golden, especially, did not have flattering sculpting or shading. Very distracting.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1

Yes, Forrest did get some applause when he told Golden to shut up, but I think most of the audience gasped in surprise, and then applauded and cheered Golden as she told him off.  When the show was over, Golden walked off the stage looking really pissed.

Every time the camera would cut to Countess, she was giving Paula some major stink-eye, and I loved it.

• Love 1

So no one is going to mention Elise dating 50 Cent and Rick Ross?!?!? For some reason, I missed this time in her life and still can't believe she admitted to them.  

As for the Reunion, they must be having two parts just because everyone else does.  I mean, is there really anything left to talk about.  The cast wasn't that big.  Maybe they will show the movie on the next episode.  It can't be more than 15 minutes.

Lastly, Carlos King.  Never knew that was what he looked like or who he was.  I think he was trying to hard to be the Andy Cohen but I hope it doesn't mean we see more of him on TV One (or any other network).  But he did drop the tea with revealing that Paula was cheating with her now dusty husband.

Edited by AyeshaTheGreat
  • Love 1
But he did drop the tea with revealing that Paula was cheating with her now dusty husband.

Oh my goodness was that some delicious tea!  That was another great moment I forgot about and both Countess and Elise were doing the "mmmm hmmmm" faces.  Love that Paula conveniently left that part of the story out when she kept talking about them blackballing her for "no reason".  

• Love 3

Well that was an interesting ending to a crazy season.   I will say if nothing else, I was thoroughly entertained.   It was trashy TV at its finest.   Sign me up for season 2.

Stand out moment for me was the totally staged product placement of the "VIP card".  

Sign me up for Season 2.

#11 watcher here.

Edited by Meedis
  • Love 1

So no one is going to mention Elise dating 50 Cent and Rick Ross?!?!? For some reason, I missed this time in her life and still can't believe she admitted to them.  

As for the Reunion, they must be having two parts just because everyone else does.  I mean, is there really anything left to talk about.  The cast wasn't that big.  Maybe they will show the movie on the next episode.  It can't be more than 15 minutes.

Lastly, Carlos King.  Never knew that was what he looked like or who he was.  I think he was trying to hard to be the Andy Cohen but I hope it doesn't mean we see more of him on TV One (or any other network).  But he did drop the tea with revealing that Paula was cheating with her now dusty husband.

Heh I can totally see why Elise wanted to stay "mum" about her love life if 50 and Rick Ross was part of that life.   I bet she forgot about that candid convo she had with Golden.    Even Golden was like WTF...*LOL*.

The reunion was painful to watch.   I wonder next week if they'll bring up Countess's revelation.   I still can't believe she admitted that on TV.    In other Countess news, I definitely have a different feeling on Helen (Pearl) from 227 in regards to her treatment of Countess.   It has to be her, right, since Jackee said it wasn't her and I can't see Marla acting that way.    Then again not to excuse Helen but older folks do seem to typically lose whatever filter (if any) they might've had when they were younger. 

Paula is a great actress cause she totally plays that crazy role, assuming it's not the pharmaceutical drugs, to a T.     But I did like her dress. 

Carlos sure was definitely trying to channel Andy Cohen.   I can barely stomach Andy so that was a bad move IMO.    Guess they couldn't get Wendy to host.

Edited by Meedis

Well that was an interesting ending to a crazy season.   I will say if nothing else, I was thoroughly entertained.   It was trashy TV at its finest.   Sign me up for season 2.

Stand out moment for me was the totally staged product placement of the "VIP card".  

Sign me up for Season 2.

#11 watcher here.

That part cracked me up! I was like, "really? really?"

....where Paula stays crazy, Forest and Golden try to save face, Lisa attempts to stay relevant but gets talked over by everyone, and Countess just couldn't give two fucks as she calmly read Golden for filth.

Not terrible excited about a season 2 unless they add Shar to the mix.  She should have been at the reunion, and should have been invited to stage instead of Forest and Paula's mom.  It really bugged me that not only were they allowed to sit on the stage, but they were placed in front of Countess and Lisa for several segments.  Not cool.

• Love 1
(edited)

Countess shows off her new surgery; Paula and Forrest discuss the White Sistas; and Elise is confronted for attempting to take more of the film project revenue than she's entitled to in the season 2 premiere.  Let the drama begin!!!

Edited by swankie