Type keyword(s) to search

Gary: The original Belden Lineman

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, druzy said:

Am I a bad person for thinking this is what a good parent does?

Forgive me for sounding like a Kartrashian for a brief second, but these memories (ugh) are what Emilee will have with her for the rest of her life. You can’t replace those.

Gary knows what’s up.

A parent who spends 1:1 quality time with their little one as a way to show love versus a parent who decorates a bedroom that has some bizarre theme of pink, desert fossils and animal skin rugs to get a smile from their child.

To me, it’s a no brainer who understands the bare bones of parenting better.

The time it took Tyler to work on and complete “his vision” for Nova’s room could have been spent with her instead, engaged in meaningful activities. Another crazy thought: Nova could have chosen certain elements of her new room and then helped Tyler put it together! 

I love that Gary & Kristina don’t ever look as if they’re bragging on social media either. “Look at what a good parent I am!” 

They know we are curious and they generously feed our curiosity when they don’t even have to share photos or updates. That’s one of the many things that sets them apart from a lot of the other parents on the franchise.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 21

My seal just broke right in time for the holidays. 

I have a Neice that went to school with an unknown boy sib without knowing. I begged my sister to tell her because she showed interest in the boy! So glad Gary found his roots. Michael Jackson though, LOL!

• Love 11

As much as I like Gary, a part of me hopes that he's done with the show after this season. Better to leave on a high note than ride it out to the bitter end. I feel like him & Kristina could start an online blog about co-parenting and they have a really good chance of building their brand outside of MTV if they play their cards right.

• Love 3

I love how Gary sits at the table with his hands folded when he’s starting a serious conversation. It’s anazing how he’s come through with his really lousy background.

So he grew up knowing no father? They never got into that on the show. I can’t believe that crazy beast Carol was so trampy. I only remember that one super creepy youngish guy she had. Damn, was she just really good in bed and had a little cash? I don’t want to sound demeaning to a woman and her sexuality, but come on - not even remembering who could have fathered her son?

so what is Kristina’s story? She cheated on her husband with Gary.  Any idea what that guy was like? She always looks so damaged and fearful, but she seems to have made a very nice and stable home for everyone. 

• Love 7
On 12/10/2018 at 4:45 PM, meredithalmighty said:

As much as I like Gary, a part of me hopes that he's done with the show after this season. Better to leave on a high note than ride it out to the bitter end. I feel like him & Kristina could start an online blog about co-parenting and they have a really good chance of building their brand outside of MTV if they play their cards right.

It seems inarguable to me that everyone on all of these shows (especially those with kids) would be much better off off the shows, but I do get how, for people like Gary (who have pretty stable, decent lives despite the show and don't have the show causing major turmoil in their lives), it makes sense to stay on the show until the gravy train reaches the last stop (which they could understandably truly believe is going to happen every year).

In Gary's particular case, I could see the show becoming significantly problematic for Leah as she gets into puberty over the next few years, but I could totally see Gary thinking the show will be canceled by then. He/Kristina/Leah/Emilee are probably making at least $100K/year from the show, which amounts to nice college funds for Leah and Emi, as well as very decent salaries for him and Kristina. G&K are keenly aware that they won't be pulling in $100K+ to film themselves talking about Amber/other aspects of their lives on camera for a couple months a year for much longer AND they get how much that money can do for their family. I can't really blame them (at this point) for riding the gravy train a bit longer for the time being.

3 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

So he grew up knowing no father? They never got into that on the show. I can’t believe that crazy beast Carol was so trampy. I only remember that one super creepy youngish guy she had. Damn, was she just really good in bed and had a little cash? I don’t want to sound demeaning to a woman and her sexuality, but come on - not even remembering who could have fathered her son?

so what is Kristina’s story? She cheated on her husband with Gary.  Any idea what that guy was like? She always looks so damaged and fearful, but she seems to have made a very nice and stable home for everyone. 

I think Gary grew up thinking that Jody was his bio dad because Jody had been in a relationship/living with(?) Carol when he was born, but he didn't really know Jody because J and Carol had broken up when Gary was young. Then, when Gary was older, he and Jody connected and formed a relationship thinking/hoping J was G's dad, but not being sure. When Gary did the paternity test with Jody, it came out negative, disappointing both of them. Before/during/after that revelation, Carol admitted that she had slept with a few/several guys and had no idea who Gary's father was. Since they were ultimately able to find Gary's bio dad, I assume that Carol was able to give at least a short list of who the potential fathers were, but she was upset and defensive about being pressured to identify Gary's dad after the DNA test with Jody.

Kristina was married and had a daughter with her ex when she met/cheated with Gary. She and the ex split up and she married Gary.

• Love 8
On 12/11/2018 at 11:34 PM, TheRealT said:

I do get how, for people like Gary (who have pretty stable, decent lives despite the show and don't have the show causing major turmoil in their lives), it makes sense to stay on the show until the gravy train reaches the last stop

Agreed.  I also think he knows that Amber is completely unreliable when it comes to child support so he has to be 100% financially responsible for Leah for the rest of her life.  And while he isn’t materialistic, he wants Leah to have nice clothes, family vacations, college opportunities, etc.  I also wonder if there isn’t a part of him that knows Amber is no where near rock bottom, there is an strong probability that when TM ends she will be in a really bad place, and Leah will ask Gary for $XXX to buy her a home so she isn’t sleeping in the gutter or to send her to rehab so she cleans up.  And I think Gary would do that for Leah.  Gary has a lot of financial burdens to plan for.

• Love 11

And the Shirleys keep such a warm, welcoming, clean house.  I bet they have real food in the fridge, not weight-loss tea and drugs hidden away like I imagine Amber’s fridge.  I was skeptical when Gary and Kristina got together, but they really seem to bring out the best in each other.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

How many kids does Gary have?

Gary has Leah and Emilee, the other girl is Kristina’s daughter from her previous marriage. I believe her ex-husband doesn’t allow her to be filmed for TM, but she has appeared on their personal social media from time to time. 

• Love 5

You know what I love about Gary and co? They do so much as a family. All these other fame-hoes, they get that TM $ and take a million vacations. Without their kids. They buy themselves a bunch of expensive shit - like fancy cars and jewelry. They get shitty plastic surgery. They're all so self-involved. Gary has not only shown to be very frugal with his earnings; but when they do splurge, it's activities done as a family. It's very refreshing to see. 

• Love 20
On 11/23/2018 at 7:33 PM, druzy said:

I truly wonder if Amber has EVER played Barbies, or anything like that, with Leah? Emilee seems to have a fun personality, that second picture - haha!

On 11/23/2018 at 8:26 PM, druzy said:

Leah spending one on one time with her mom

I haven’t eaten all day and I’m starving but that pizza looks delicious!

On 12/16/2018 at 9:54 AM, druzy said:

Who is the boy? Just the friend/date of their foreign exchange daughter or is he family/a family friend or something? I don’t remember seeing him before.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:22 AM, Chris Knight said:

I'm impressed with Kristina 's parenting. Leah's clothes are always age and weather appropriate, she looks clean and happy, and her hair is usually up and in a nice bow. Can you imagine Amber putting forth this much effort  ?

Definitely not. She didn’t even keep Leah in a clean diaper as a baby and didn’t even regularly put sheets on her crib let alone clean the bedding! I’ve been rewatching old episodes and it just pisses me off so much to see how she didn’t take care of baby Leah at all! Gun to my head choice but I think I would actually rather leave my hypothetical infant with Jenelle than Amber for the night! Jenelle actually seems to have a modicum of cleanliness inside her that Amber completely lacks. 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:25 AM, druzy said:

I know he makes sugar cream pies- is that the one you are thinking about?

Scroll down for his pies. Hope this link works.

Apparently they’re an Indiana thing - https://indianapublicmedia.org/news/sugar-cream-pie-popular-indiana-131932/ Has anyone ordered anything from Gary? I’ve thought about it in the past but I don’t know if he’s still doing it or how, exactly, to go about ordering. He should really have a site or form to fill out or something but it kinda looks like you just message him. I’d rather know the prices, etc up front without having to ask a bunch of questions. Anyone ever had sugar cream pie? If so, could you describe the taste? That’s a new one for me.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

Anyone ever had sugar cream pie? If so, could you describe the taste? That’s a new one for me.

I don't care for sugar cream pie which is also a Kentucky thing. It's sort of like custard but denser and kind of mucilage-y, at least the ones I have encountered. Baskets did an outstanding episode that centered around a sugar cream pie.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

I don't care for sugar cream pie which is also a Kentucky thing. It's sort of like custard but denser and kind of mucilage-y, at least the ones I have encountered. Baskets did an outstanding episode that centered around a sugar cream pie.

Thank you!!! But, now I’m a bit scared to try it!! Haha

• Love 2