Type keyword(s) to search

Gary: The original Belden Lineman

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Boyyyyyyy? Just whyyyyyyy?🤣

Are you talking about Gary's pies, because that rhymes and can somehow be made into a catchy slogan for his pies. 

Just why? Try one of Gary's pies. Ok- maybe not. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Definitely not. She didn’t even keep Leah in a clean diaper as a baby and didn’t even regularly put sheets on her crib let alone clean the bedding! I’ve been rewatching old episodes and it just pisses me off so much to see how she didn’t take care of baby Leah at all! Gun to my head choice but I think I would actually rather leave my hypothetical infant with Jenelle than Amber for the night! Jenelle actually seems to have a modicum of cleanliness inside her that Amber completely lacks.

(Bolding mine) I don't know about that. If Jenelle hadn't been living with Barb when Jace was an infant, she probably would have left him home alone or in the care of whatever druggie friend happened to be around. Currently, it really seems that UBT is the kids' primary caregiver while Jenelle is often retired to her bedroom (for whatever reason...). Even Kaiser, who has (credibly, IMO) reported that UBT abused him, seems to go to UBT for care more readily than he goes to his "mother." IF UBT was motivated to care for your child, I think he's capable of basic feeding, plopping them in front of the TV, and telling Maryssa/Jace that they better watch them or else. But I'd be concerned that, on a bad day, your child might be present while UBT waved a gun around ranting about "his land," screamed at/beat up his wife and/or kids, argued with/shot at law enforcement, or just ranted insanely while hopped up on some drug(s). I actually think Amber's current situation is less dangerous and chaotic. If you left your infant there, the nanny and/or nuMatt would take decent basic care of it.

3 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I don't care for sugar cream pie which is also a Kentucky thing. It's sort of like custard but denser and kind of mucilage-y, at least the ones I have encountered. Baskets did an outstanding episode that centered around a sugar cream pie.

I found this recipe. It sounds like a pretty basic vanilla custard pie.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

(Bolding mine) I don't know about that. If Jenelle hadn't been living with Barb when Jace was an infant, she probably would have left him home alone or in the care of whatever druggie friend happened to be around. Currently, it really seems that UBT is the kids' primary caregiver while Jenelle is often retired to her bedroom (for whatever reason...). Even Kaiser, who has (credibly, IMO) reported that UBT abused him, seems to go to UBT for care more readily than he goes to his "mother." IF UBT was motivated to care for your child, I think he's capable of basic feeding, plopping them in front of the TV, and telling Maryssa/Jace that they better watch them or else. But I'd be concerned that, on a bad day, your child might be present while UBT waved a gun around ranting about "his land," screamed at/beat up his wife and/or kids, argued with/shot at law enforcement, or just ranted insanely while hopped up on some drug(s). I actually think Amber's current situation is less dangerous and chaotic. If you left your infant there, the nanny and/or nuMatt would take decent basic care of it.

I knew that opinion would be “controversial” and I even second guessed it when I posted it because sometimes in the off season of TM2 I forget how much I hate Jenelle because I’m reminded of just how much I hate Amber. I was talking strictly it’s just Jenelle or Amber present and responsible for the child, no partners around. If allowing for other people to be around and assist then Amber’s house would be the clear winner, because of the nannies and the lack of isolation from EVERYONE else. I also would pick Andrew to watch my hypothetical kid over Amber or Jenelle. But, between JUST Amber and Jenelle I’d go with Jenelle. Her houses have never been so filthy as to make me itchy (PLEASE tell me if I’m wrong, I don’t like thinking any positives about Jenelle!) and while she did often chuck Kaiser in his crib alone when he was a baby at least she fed him (even fucking hot dogs) and his crib appeared to be clean. I also might be viewing Amber more harshly because of watching seasons 1 and 2 lately and seeing her be such a terrible mother to baby Leah all over again. I guess it’s also not very fair because I’m judging Amber for her mothering circa 10 years ago and I have no choice but to compare it to Jenelle with Kaiser only 4 years ago, since she never took care of Jace at all when he was an infant so there’s nothing to even observe there. I guess my entire point boils down to thinking Jenelle’s less dirty (as in physical dirt in her home and on her kids) than Amber and seems to keep her kids relatively clean compared to Amber in the past. For all the awful that is Jenelle she doesn’t appear to be a slob.

I need a shower after saying this all about Jenelle. Icky.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 6
On 9/12/2018 at 10:48 AM, Birdee said:

Dang it, that Shirley bunch if freakin' adorable. And I'm glad the girls look like little girls dressed in normal clothes from some place like Old Navy or Target. And I bet Emilee is so excited to each lunch with the "big girls."

My stepsons wife puts her babies in Uggs, expensive baby Nikes, etc.  It's one of the most ridiculous things i've seen from any mom ever,  my stepson is a history teacher!  Princess J however comes from a family who won a million dollar medical lawsuit and apparently pay the Princess' credit cards.  I absolutely cannot stand her.

Back on topic,  I  would love to see Gary and Kristina adopt healthier diets.  They seem to be really good people; health is the only missing piece of the Shirley puzzle. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, blubld43 said:

My stepsons wife puts her babies in Uggs, expensive baby Nikes, etc.  It's one of the most ridiculous things i've seen from any mom ever,  my stepson is a history teacher!  Princess J however comes from a family who won a million dollar medical lawsuit and apparently pay the Princess' credit cards.  I absolutely cannot stand her.

as you guys all probs know, I'm an empty nester.  I have a 6 year-old niece, a 6 year -old nephew (twins) & a 2 year- old great-niece.  If they were my kids, of *course* their ass would be clad in Target & TJ Maxx!  but since I can, I buy them designer duds...Lucky Brand & Seven for All Mankind & Kate Spade, etc.  It's just one outfit for birthday or Christmas, but it's kind of special, and it makes  their parents smile.  Half the fun is the fact *that* it's impractical!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Agreed. Buying expensive gear for people who are growing at a breakneck speed is foolish, IMO.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, teapot said:

as you guys all probs know, I'm an empty nester.  I have a 6 year-old niece, a 6 year -old nephew (twins) & a 2 year- old great-niece.  If they were my kids, of *course* their ass would be clad in Target & TJ Maxx!  but since I can, I buy them designer duds...Lucky Brand & Seven for All Mankind & Kate Spade, etc.  It's just one outfit for birthday or Christmas, but it's kind of special, and it makes  their parents smile.  Half the fun is the fact *that* it's impractical!

I totally get that. Princess J does this on a daily basis; their 3 year old son routinely has 20-30 pairs of expensive shoes. The baby girl wore gold leather Uggs for her Christmas picture,  and those are 1 of many.  I love cool clothes,  but I just can't get behind lots of money on things rapidly outgrown.  Again, my stepson is a history teacher!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I totally get that. Princess J does this on a daily basis; their 3 year old son routinely has 20-30 pairs of expensive shoes. The baby girl wore gold leather Uggs for her Christmas picture,  and those are 1 of many.  I love cool clothes,  but I just can't get behind lots of money on things rapidly outgrown.  Again, my stepson is a history teacher!

you're absolutely right!  gifts from Auntie are not the same as day-to-day!!! 

it's like when Amber took Leah to that fancy store & Gary & Kristina were like "she can't wear this to school, how is she gonna play?  and she'll sweat to death, it's so hot out, where are her shorts?"

they've got the right idea!

• Love 8

Any name brand/fancy clothes my kids have are hand-me downs from someone or I bought them second hand ridiculously cheap off of eBay.  Often times, I am able to sell them again on eBay after my kids have outgrown them. 

Even if I had Teen Mom Money, I would not be spending it on new name brand clothes for my kids just to get rid of those clothes in a few months or less.  I'm really glad to see Leah and her sister dressed in every day "normal people" clothes.  Go Gary & Kristina!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Any name brand/fancy clothes my kids have are hand-me downs from someone or I bought them second hand ridiculously cheap off of eBay.  Often times, I am able to sell them again on eBay after my kids have outgrown them. 

Even if I had Teen Mom Money, I would not be spending it on new name brand clothes for my kids just to get rid of those clothes in a few months or less.  I'm really glad to see Leah and her sister dressed in every day "normal people" clothes.  Go Gary & Kristina!

I couldn't agree more.  Princess J spends a fortune on her children's clothing, and we all KNOW because she brags incessantly on Facebook.  Pictures of their closet!  Lord let me bite my tongue...

It's really nice to see at least one of the OG dads has matured into a real man.  Go Gary ! Get some more of that weight off, whatever it takes, your family needs you.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, blubld43 said:

There’s a way to get all the expensive, good quality stuff much cheaper - second hand kids stores like Once Upon A Child! I don’t want kids of my own but all my friends have them. I’ve gone with one of my friends to that store a few times and it’s shocking to see nearly brand new (because kids outgrow stuff so fast they don’t even have time to damage the clothes a lot of times) items for $5 or whatever, knowing that new it costs $50. It works especially well for school uniforms and everything is so inexpensive she doesn’t really care if something gets ruined while playing or whatever. PLUS, it’s actually even better because they also buy used clothing to sell and there have been times she has actually sold them the same clothes right back again after her kids outgrew it and made some of the purchase price back making them even less expensive overall. I know Once Upon A Child is a chain because we went to one in a wealthier area and the selection was even better. I wonder if they have it in Indiana? This seems like something Gary and Kristina would be into and something Amber would think was “stupid” and get offended by. Because Amber loves to act how she thinks rich, classy people act instead of embracing who she is, like Gary and Kristina do. Meanwhile, my friend who saves on clothes has half of her $300,000 home paid off already and Amber can’t even have anything in her name because she won’t pay her taxes. I know they’re probably too good of people to do it but when the show ends and Amber is broke I want Gary and Kristina to give her no mercy. Take her to court for child support. Don’t help her with anything. She needs to join the real world.

EDIT:

6 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I swear I read the thread but somehow I missed this post before posting the above and then saw it right after. Sorry to be redundant but I think it’s such a brilliant idea and I don’t know why more people don’t do this! If I was going to have kids I definitely would do it.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Rebecca said:

There’s a way to get all the expensive, good quality stuff much cheaper - second hand kids stores like Once Upon A Child! I don’t want kids of my own but all my friends have them. I’ve gone with one of my friends to that store a few times and it’s shocking to see nearly brand new (because kids outgrow stuff so fast they don’t even have time to damage the clothes a lot of times) items for $5 or whatever, knowing that new it costs $50. It works especially well for school uniforms and everything is so inexpensive she doesn’t really care if something gets ruined while playing or whatever. PLUS, it’s actually even better because they also buy used clothing to sell and there have been times she has actually sold them the same clothes right back again after her kids outgrew it and made some of the purchase price back making them even less expensive overall. I know Once Upon A Child is a chain because we went to one in a wealthier area and the selection was even better. I wonder if they have it in Indiana? This seems like something Gary and Kristina would be into and something Amber would think was “stupid” and get offended by. Because Amber loves to act how she thinks rich, classy people act instead of embracing who she is, like Gary and Kristina do. Meanwhile, my friend who saves on clothes has half of her $300,000 home paid off already and Amber can’t even have anything in her name because she won’t pay her taxes. I know they’re probably too good of people to do it but when the show ends and Amber is broke I want Gary and Kristina to give her no mercy. Take her to court for child support. Don’t help her with anything. She needs to join the real world.

EDIT:

I swear I read the thread but somehow I missed this post before posting the above and then saw it right after. Sorry to be redundant but I think it’s such a brilliant idea and I don’t know why more people don’t do this! If I was going to have kids I definitely would do it.

Once, when I had taken my kids to the playground, there was a little girl dressed in a beautiful party dress attacking the jungle gym like it was nobody's business. Her grandparents were there and said she likes to dress in pretty party clothes, so they take her to the thrift store, buy something she likes at a ridiculously low price, and let her do whatever she wants in it. I thought that was a neat idea.

• Love 14
On 1/11/2019 at 2:29 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Girl, same. Plus, they stain everything! And I have too much going on to instantly run and treat those stains. So many "ruined" clothes that become "staying home" clothes. LOL. We strictly buy Children's Place and Cat and Jack. So affordable and easy to mix and match. Kristina proves you can have cute looking kids on a budget. 

• Love 8
On 1/7/2019 at 8:25 PM, Rebecca said:

I knew that opinion would be “controversial” and I even second guessed it when I posted it because sometimes in the off season of TM2 I forget how much I hate Jenelle because I’m reminded of just how much I hate Amber. I was talking strictly it’s just Jenelle or Amber present and responsible for the child, no partners around. If allowing for other people to be around and assist then Amber’s house would be the clear winner, because of the nannies and the lack of isolation from EVERYONE else. I also would pick Andrew to watch my hypothetical kid over Amber or Jenelle. But, between JUST Amber and Jenelle I’d go with Jenelle. Her houses have never been so filthy as to make me itchy (PLEASE tell me if I’m wrong, I don’t like thinking any positives about Jenelle!) and while she did often chuck Kaiser in his crib alone when he was a baby at least she fed him (even fucking hot dogs) and his crib appeared to be clean. I also might be viewing Amber more harshly because of watching seasons 1 and 2 lately and seeing her be such a terrible mother to baby Leah all over again. I guess it’s also not very fair because I’m judging Amber for her mothering circa 10 years ago and I have no choice but to compare it to Jenelle with Kaiser only 4 years ago, since she never took care of Jace at all when he was an infant so there’s nothing to even observe there. I guess my entire point boils down to thinking Jenelle’s less dirty (as in physical dirt in her home and on her kids) than Amber and seems to keep her kids relatively clean compared to Amber in the past. For all the awful that is Jenelle she doesn’t appear to be a slob.

I need a shower after saying this all about Jenelle. Icky.

Rebecca, I am with you!  Also - where are you watching the early seasons???  I have been looking for them!

On 1/11/2019 at 4:25 AM, blubld43 said:

Back on topic,  I  would love to see Gary and Kristina adopt healthier diets.  They seem to be really good people; health is the only missing piece of the Shirley puzzle. 

While Princess sounds like a piece of work, I will defend the expensive shoes (ducks).  I always buy my kids expensive shoes because the quality and comfort is just better.  Cheap shoes from old navy are not comfortable for me, I am sure the kids shoes are not either.  Clothes, I will buy high and low, but shoes - I will always buy good shoes!

• Love 11
On 1/14/2019 at 10:04 AM, heatherchandler said:

Rebecca, I am with you!  Also - where are you watching the early seasons???  I have been looking for them!

While Princess sounds like a piece of work, I will defend the expensive shoes (ducks).  I always buy my kids expensive shoes because the quality and comfort is just better.  Cheap shoes from old navy are not comfortable for me, I am sure the kids shoes are not either.  Clothes, I will buy high and low, but shoes - I will always buy good shoes!

A free upload site, I’ll send you a PM because I don’t want to publicly share the domain and lead to it getting taken down. (If anyone else wants a link send me a msg) And I agree about shoes - that’s one thing my thrifty friend doesn’t buy for her kids used, that can really mess up your step.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Photos of Gary and Kristina's house and farm

https://okmagazine.com/photos/gary-shirley-net-worth-home-photos-tour/

The "captions" on the photos were a little over the top.  The house is very nice.  I am envious of the kitchen, pantry, and laundry room.  However, everything else is pretty average.  And that's fine.  But OK was making it out to be over the top luxe.  Their decor and color scheme is pretty basic.  No great shakes!

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Marisagf said:

The "captions" on the photos were a little over the top.  The house is very nice.  I am envious of the kitchen, pantry, and laundry room.  However, everything else is pretty average.  And that's fine.  But OK was making it out to be over the top luxe.  Their decor and color scheme is pretty basic.  No great shakes!

I thought the captions were kind of funny (not sure if that was intentional or not). There's a photo of what looks like it could be your Aunt Gladys' living room and the caption is "Woah." "Woah" for beige furniture that was almost certainly bought on sale at some discount furniture store (NTTAWWT)? I did note that it seemed like they splurged on the kitchen, which makes sense for their family-oriented lifestyle and priorities.

And I love that G&K will still be living in their "spite house" in 20 or 30 years when Amber is in some flophouse or homeless shelter (or gel), having run through every penny of her MTV money (which is probably twice or more than what Gary/Kristina will have made). I'm sure she'll be super salty and feel that Gary owes her something since he never would have had any MTV money if it weren't for her and her great sacrifices allowing MTV to film her for all these years.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

I thought the captions were kind of funny (not sure if that was intentional or not). There's a photo of what looks like it could be your Aunt Gladys' living room and the caption is "Woah." "Woah" for beige furniture that was almost certainly bought on sale at some discount furniture store (NTTAWWT)? I did note that it seemed like they splurged on the kitchen, which makes sense for their family-oriented lifestyle and priorities.

And I love that G&K will still be living on their "spite house" in 20 or 30 years when Amber is in some flophouse or homeless shelter (or gel), having run through every penny of her MTV money (which is probably twice or more than what Gary/Kristina will have made). I'm sure she'll be super salty and feel that Gary owes her something since he never would have had any MTV money if it weren't for her and her great sacrifices allowing MTV to film her for all these years.

Yeah, not exactly Architecture Digest, but a nice home with Midwestern furnishings. Still, props to Gary for providing a home with love and care for Leah and her sister. More than I can say for Amber.

• Love 13
(edited)

Leah has probably spent more time with the foreign exchange “daughter(s)” than she has with Amber, possibly in her whole life. They probably know her a hell of a lot better too. How the fuck can ‘8” eye lash Portwood’ actually think she’s a good, or even acceptable, mother?! Well, she also thinks she deserves an Emmy...so clearly she’s touched in the head. 

I’m glad Kristina got to enjoy a cruise, she deserves a vacation. Amber should have paid for it all.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 8

Do the kids get paid at all for being on this show? I’ve never really seen anything clear about that. I know Amber had to set up a fund for Leah but are there any for the other kids? I’m just thinking..I wonder if Kristina’s older daughter feels bad at all that she’s not on the show? And if the kids on it do get paid or have trusts set up then it would be weird for one child in the family to not to have that. I don’t think it’s best for any of them to be on the show but it’s also kind of unfortunate if her daughter is missing out on college money or whatever, that her sisters are “earning.” I’m sure they’d come up with money to help her in that case and to even it out but it’s still a bit weird to me.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Do the kids get paid at all for being on this show? I’ve never really seen anything clear about that. I know Amber had to set up a fund for Leah but are there any for the other kids? I’m just thinking..I wonder if Kristina’s older daughter feels bad at all that she’s not on the show? And if the kids on it do get paid or have trusts set up then it would be weird for one child in the family to not to have that. I don’t think it’s best for any of them to be on the show but it’s also kind of unfortunate if her daughter is missing out on college money or whatever, that her sisters are “earning.” I’m sure they’d come up with money to help her in that case and to even it out but it’s still a bit weird to me.

The little girl's father won't allow her to film and she's probably used to it. That doesn't necessarily mean there's no college fund or whatever for her, too.

• Love 1

Ha! I can see Gary asking that. Also, kadooz to him for having a positive attitude about it; and using Twitter to PRAISE a company, instead of trying to passive-aggressively get free shit like Jenelle always does. 

• Love 17
On 3/27/2019 at 8:39 AM, ghoulina said:

Ha! I can see Gary asking that. Also, kadooz to him for having a positive attitude about it; and using Twitter to PRAISE a company, instead of trying to passive-aggressively get free shit like Jenelle always does. 

Gary and Kristina are the only couple from either Teen Mom that I would have a beer with. And hopefully some wings. I bet they are fun.

• Love 15
(edited)
On 4/30/2019 at 2:08 PM, druzy said:

This is more housework (or any kind of work) than Amber has done in a looong time.

Also, good for Kristina & Gary for keeping it real and giving their girls age-appropriate chores/responsibilities even if they are on a reality TV show.  They're setting Leah and her sisters up to be able to adult later in life (which some people still on this series can't do).

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12