Type keyword(s) to search

Gary: The original Belden Lineman

• Start Topic

On 8/14/2018 at 7:05 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

Holy shit, exchange students?  Could Gary get ANY MORE AWESOME?

He's such a good guy. I'm glad that TM* has been a windfall for him. In some cases. Maybe not in the case of Jesse...that's just sad. He's made a life that works for him though. The extra money is nice.

*TM = Teen Mom :)

Who is Jesse? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Who is Jesse? 

I think it was supposed to be Jody? That’s who Gary’s mother said was Gary’s father, but test results proved otherwise.

If my memory is correct!

• Love 2

This is awesome!  I honestly believe Gary is genuine and does want to give back.  I’m guessing some of that is rooted in the fact that he grew up poor and in a somewhat chaotic house (see Being Gary for a taste of Crazy Carol).  This may be something he would have wanted as a high school kid, but his parents couldn’t afford or support.  So now he is making a dream come true for his own family because he has the resources to do so!   You go, Gary!

• Love 16

I bet Gary & Kristina are going to be amazing exchange "parents." How cool would it be to have Gary and Kristina as your host parents and the girls as your little "sisters"? It would be so awesome! You know they will keep them safe but not be overbearing, and that they will just be pleasant in general. You know their house will be fun without being dangerous. Plus, you also get to play with the Shirley's spite chickens' little chicks and eat Gary's homemade cookies. I may even be jealous of these students. Can Gary & Kristina be my exchange parents for a week or two in some kind of bayou to cornfields Louisiana to Ohio exchange program? LOL. 

• Love 22

You know, this really says a lot about the choices Gary has made and the kind of like he and Christina have. Not just anyone can host an exchange student. I'm sure they have to go through all sorts of checks beforehand. How many people from the TM franchise would be able to pass those? I know Amber and Jenelle certainly wouldn't. Adumb and Rhine? Oh hell no.  It really speaks to Gary making a conscious effort not to go down the same path that a lot of his co-stars did. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

You know, this really says a lot about the choices Gary has made and the kind of like he and Christina have. Not just anyone can host an exchange student. I'm sure they have to go through all sorts of checks beforehand. How many people from the TM franchise would be able to pass those? I know Amber and Jenelle certainly wouldn't. Adumb and Rhine? Oh hell no.  It really speaks to Gary making a conscious effort not to go down the same path that a lot of his co-stars did. 

I was thinking the exact same thing!  It shows that Gary and Kristina are most likely very respected and involved members of their community and the school district.  

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 14

No one who appears on such bottom of the barrel reality tv should be hosting exchange students. Aren’t the host families supposed to have age appropriate “siblings”? 

Not that I’m suggesting big fat Gary of anything improper, but they seem to let anyone host an exchange student.

State Dept: Fifty teens allegedly sexually abused or harassed by host parent last year (2012)

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 2
On 8/18/2018 at 8:20 PM, Calm81 said:

This is getting creepy. Not only does she have most of my daughters clothing but her exact backpack - except my daughters has an “A” ?

You, your daughter, Kristina, and Emilee all have cute taste! Ya'll also choose things that are age appropriate & fun for a little girl (looking at you, Farrah) and are moderately priced (looking at you & your boutique school outfits for Leah, Amber). 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 13

Dang it, that Shirley bunch if freakin' adorable. And I'm glad the girls look like little girls dressed in normal clothes from some place like Old Navy or Target. And I bet Emilee is so excited to each lunch with the "big girls."

• Love 14

I am truly amazed that Kristina can style Emilee's hair with bows everyday.  Or maybe it's for every photo.  Regardless, whenever we see Emilee, her hair is so cute and styled.  I have a six year old girl with gorgeous red hair and she has only started letting me brush her hair.  She used to wear hair clips and bows up until she was about 3.  After that, she cannot keep them in for long.  I know all kids are different, but I'm so impressed with Kristina's hair care game!  :)

• Love 9

Kristina has 3 gorgeous girls. She gets in that hair practice! They all always look clean and happy. I ❤️ Gary and Kristina. 

I kinda wish them a lil boy down the road. Never thought I’d say that about any of them. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Kristina has 3 gorgeous girls. She gets in that hair practice! They all always look clean and happy. I ❤️ Gary and Kristina. 

I kinda wish them a lil boy down the road. Never thought I’d say that about any of them. 

No worries. Amber will be bored with baby James soon enough and he'll be left on Kristina's doorstep with Leah.

• Love 9

Yes, I think Amber missed out on a lot of toddler time with Leah so she doesn’t realize the work has not even begun wth that baby yet. Wait till he is 2,3,4 getting into everything, not listening and need real parenting. Same deal with Cate and her 3rd coming.  Babies are adorable and women love all the attention when pregnant. But 1-3 yrs later you are just another tired mom and all the special attention is gone and your cute baby that just laid around cooing is now active and needing real parenting. Have fun! Poor kids, hope they will have other adults the littles can count on for nurture. 

• Love 8
On 8/16/2018 at 11:07 AM, geauxaway said:

This is awesome!  I honestly believe Gary is genuine and does want to give back.  I’m guessing some of that is rooted in the fact that he grew up poor and in a somewhat chaotic house (see Being Gary for a taste of Crazy Carol).  This may be something he would have wanted as a high school kid, but his parents couldn’t afford or support.  So now he is making a dream come true for his own family because he has the resources to do so!   You go, Gary!

This. I can also see how he ended up with the likes of Amber when he was younger when I saw his jerk of a mom behave the way she does. So glad he didn’t continue that cycle and found someone normal to settle down with.

17 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Right? I never imagined hoping anyone on this show would have another kid.

14 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

No worries. Amber will be bored with baby James soon enough and he'll be left on Kristina's doorstep with Leah.

You might just be joking but taking it seriously I don’t think she’d ever allow that. Even if they wanted to adopt her baby, Andrew dipped out and Amber HATED parenting him and was miserable she’d never let Geary and Kristina give him a great life. I truly believe she’d rather give her kid a shitty life than show everyone, especially Gary, what a true failure she is. She can’t even admit it to herself and doing that would be a giant billboard of failure in front of her face she would have a hard time denying. She’s the most spiteful one, imo.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 6
On 9/21/2018 at 7:42 PM, druzy said:

Many people can learn and relate to you Kristina Shirley ?

image.png.cd96e17edeec7458e9734ef2a7ab75dc.png

Not only can she teach others how to be kind and refrain from inappropriately criticizing and judging people, she can teach them how to use the correct “your/you’re”!

She is officially my hero.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 11

Kinda late to the party... but when they went to California.. I wonder if Kristine's other kid was able to go too? Makes me wonder how they let that kid know they can't be in the photo.

I wonder if the exchange students will be on the show... I imagine there was probably some discussion back and forth before Gary was approved. I guess Gary could just not post about them if they didn't want to but seems like there must have been some approval from the parents if he's posting pictures on social media.  And I think it's a good thing because I've heard there's a huge shortage in homes for exchange students so it could raise some awareness. 

My aunt and uncle (and cousin) hosted two exchange students (different years) and they loved it and still remain close to each. But then my friend's friend and her husband hosted one (they had no kids are were pretty young) and it didn't go very well at all - I think the student was a bit rebellious and they all didn't mesh well so the student had to be placed in a new home.

• Love 4