Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E29: Finale Special: Check-Up with Dr. Drew — Part 1

JerseyGirl
  • Start Topic

I also think that by now Corey understands why Ali needs the wheel chair, though he was in denial at first

I really don't like the word "denial" to be used with regards to Cory's feelings because the connotation comes off in a negative way, to me at least. I think Cory held out hope that his child may not be as handicapped as they were told. Initially, the belief was Ali may never walk, but she proved her doctors wrong.  There didn't seem to be a clear, concise idea as to what it was Ali was dealing with until last season. Until then it was all speculation. The way Cory expressed himself, it was all about getting Ali to be independent.

• Love 6
I laughed so hard that I snorted when I read this.   Is Lee really a nurse?  Is Germy really an engineer?   Neither one of them seems that smart or well educated to me.

It frightened me when Lee said he was a psych nurse. My mother is a psych nurse, and I know the kind of compassion, understanding, and non-judgmental attitude it takes to work in such a job. I cannot see him doing that. But maybe when he's not dealing with family he's not a pompous know-it-all?

As for Germy being a pipeline engineer - that's easier to believe. He may just be really good at that particular trade, and nothing else. I have an ex who was a master electrician for large factories. He was brilliant at what he did, but pretty stupid about everything else in life. Hence why he's an ex. Hehe

Speaking of occupations, WTF does Adumb do for a living?

Ride dirt bikes, get tattoos, and eat chicken wings? 

I jest, but technically MTV pays him for us to watch this inane crap, right?

I also think that by now Corey understands why Ali needs the wheel chair, though he was in denial at first. He showed he'd come around when he asked to take the loaner chair with them on the trip to the zoo.

And I can kind of understand why Cory was in denial. As he expressed last night, he was told she wouldn't do x,y, and z - and she did! So he's seeing his daughter being a fighter, and overcoming the odds, and he wants to be that dad that champions for his daughter to do all that she can. But I do think he realized there is a very real need for the chair,  one that won't take away from her still trying her best. I actually think this makes Cory a great dad, because he really believes in his daughter. I don't think he would just blindly believe - but he saw her accomplish things she wasn't supposed to be able to do. I'm glad he has hope in her. 

• Love 5

As for Germy being a pipeline engineer - that's easier to believe. He may just be really good at that particular trade, and nothing else.

I can see that being the case. It's like football players who can memorize an eight-inch thick binder of plays but are dumb as a box of rocks concerning all other areas of life.

• Love 1
As for Germy being a pipeline engineer - that's easier to believe. He may just be really good at that particular trade, and nothing else

I still maintain he's an engineering tech, not an engineer. Pipeline engineers at a minimum have a BS in civil, structural or mechanical engineering. I'd be very surprised to learn he had a college degree in anything, much less engineering

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 5
It seems to me Leah's first reason for not wanting the girls to have more time at Corey's is because she won't have anything else to do. I don't doubt she loves her girls but she keeps saying "that's all I know" with regards to the girls.

Yes, this is a real red flag to me. She doesn't want him to have more time with the girls because taking care of them is a part of her identity? That's a terrible reason! That makes it all about her and not about their needs. Really messed up priorities. 

• Love 2
Did anyone else notice that Janelle said Jace had just started kindergarten and was getting all A's and B's? What school does this kid go to that they are grading kindergartners like that?

Just like that article where it mentioned Jenelle said that Jace did so well on some math test, that the school advanced him? Something like that.

• Love 4
Did anyone else notice that Janelle said Jace had just started kindergarten and was getting all A's and B's? What school does this kid go to that they are grading kindergartners like that?

Yeah, that caught my attention, too. Since when do they give actual grades in kindergarten? Do they do that now?

Yeah, that caught my attention, too. Since when do they give actual grades in kindergarten? Do they do that now?

I don't know but it really stood out to me because my son is in kindergarten and he is definitely not getting graded on his work. His homework isn't even required. Kindergarten is where you get kids introduced to grade school and excited to learn. She also said that Kaiser was a couple of months old and he was born when, end of June/beginning of July? How long could Jace have even been in school? I could be wrong, but it just makes me think that she was saying what she thinks she should say or what people want to hear and that she actually doesn't know what is going on with Jace's schooling. 

Edited by bluelady22
  • Love 4

Jace's A's and B's must be in Math ... and psychology???

Not only did Jace get bumped up to first grade math on his first day of kindergarten (note: we can't even do first grade math, so...), he's taking psychology classes. At night school. Jenelle revealed this nugget of informational gold to fans when she was asked about Jace's whereabouts on August 14. Her response? "Night school. Takes classes for psychology. He's a smarty."

http://www.wetpaint.com/jenelle-evans/articles/2014-08-15-jace-takes-night-classes-psychology

• Love 2

Barb mentioned in the season finale that Jace was going to a charter school this year.  So maybe that has something to do with it.

• Love 1

None. She's freaking delusional. K is usually graded using a code for above standard or mastered, at standard or needs improvement. Unless she has enrolled Jace into some kind of time warped frontier school, no one grades on an A-F grade scale for k. And the only way they would advance a child to the next grade level early is through testing, I cannot imagine that a K teacher, in the midst of  dealing with 5 year olds not wanting their mom to leave them and making sure the kids get to the potty would have time to give Jace an achievement test, have it graded, assessed by the administration and advance him all on the first day of school. They probably put him in a group that knows all their shapes and colors. In Janelle's drug addled brain, that means he skipped a grade. 

I think MTV's direction has a lot to do with it. They don't want any hard-hitting questions.

I would love for them to have Nancy Grace host these reunion shows. Can you imagine the hard-hitting questions she would ask?!

• Love 10

Funny how once that whole custody issue blew up on the episode 2 weeks ago, we haven't seen Germy, who has mysteriously been missing with no explanation.

I've been wondering about this too. Is he really just off working?  Because it seemed like he disappeared, at least from the show. Maybe he just stopped filming or agreeing to be filmed? It is really strange.

• Love 1

Javi also denied on Twitter that Kail was pregnant. However, there is Vee.

I don't know if anybody is pregnant, but my money would be on Vee. During the episodes where Kail goes to Jo and Vee's apartment for the first time, and the episode where she drops Isaac off for the 6-week visitation, I noticed that all of the camera shots of Vee were either from the shoulders up, or of her on the couch conveniently hiding behind a box of cereal or a pillow. I asked my husband (I make him watch with me, shhh!), "Is Vee pregnant? Notice the camera shots." But then during the episode where Kail made the haircut comments, and the Fathers Day episode, they had full body shots of Vee and she didn't look pregnant. I chalked it up to MTV airing scenes out of sequence, but who knows.

Why talk about actual parenting issues when you can just keep asking Chelsea if she's getting any?

http://previously.tv/teen-mom-2/dr-drews-slut-shame-a-thon-a-k-a-the-reunion-part-1/"> Read the story

This is exactly what I came to post about.  Dr. Douchbag was relentless about Chelsea and her sex life.  Good for her to refuse to answer one of the questions but she should have refused to answer the one about Adam too.  And even when she did DD was like, "Is that what Adam would say?"    WTF.  

Anyway, from the recap:

What's the takeaway here? That you can be an oft-arrested douchebag, but Dr. Drew will still talk about what a great dad you are because you're a man and that makes it okay? That you can put much of your life on television but if you want to keep one or two personal details private, Dr. Drew will try to humiliate you as much as possible because you didn't give him a good enough "gotcha" moment to play ad nauseam in the promo clips? No: the real takeaway is that a guy with a medical license would rather pursue a career as a fameball than as a physician. And as long as he mentions IUDs once in a while, a television network will reward him for mansplaining.

• Love 1

I've been wondering about this too. Is he really just off working?  Because it seemed like he disappeared, at least from the show. Maybe he just stopped filming or agreeing to be filmed? It is really strange.

I noticed he was gone when Leah had to go to court and brought along Dawn and Lee instead.  I was waiting for Leah to say why Germey wasn't going with her at least for support.

I still maintain he's an engineering tech, not an engineer. Pipeline engineers at a minimum have a BS in civil, structural or mechanical engineering. I'd be very surprised to learn he had a college degree in anything, much less engineering

Oh, you're probably right. I don't know enough about pipelining to know what it takes to be an engineer. But Leah loves to stretch the truth, so I can see her calling him something that is an exaggeration of what he really does. 

I would love for them to have Nancy Grace host these reunion shows. Can you imagine the hard-hitting questions she would ask?!

Oh my gosh, we could get Nancy to question them on their relationships and Suze Orman to take them to task over their financial behavior!

• Love 3

I was also put off by Sad Panda harping about how much Aubree loves Adam. Again, and I will say it a million times, your child's love for you is not a measure of your good parenting!! Hell, children who are abused love their parents. 

Maybe he was comparing Aubrey's love of her father to Jace's love of his mother.  Aubrey jumps into her father's arms.  Jace gives his mother a wary side eye. 

What does Sad Panda think a father does? I mean really? He never thinks these assholes need to do anything harder than show up to a t-ball game. You know, every now and then, if works for their schedule. I could not believe it when Chelsea said that getting Aubree and Paisley together was Adam's responsibility and that quack argued with her! What is wrong with that man? What is his marriage like? Seriously, Chelsea is now responsible for Adam's other children! Oh and driving Adam to his parole hearings. And Adam is responsible for what? Getting more tattoos? I try to keep calm but Dr. Peter Pan with his advise for Lost Boys from the Neverland Institute of Sexist Fuckery gets my feminist up.

• Love 12

Everyone in Leah's group screws up word tenses. Was instead of were, broke rather than broken. Since they all do it, it suggests a regionalism. I could watch that clip of Corey blaming co-parenting on 'all y'all' a hundred times.

That cracked me up last night too!

• Love 1

Did Leah lose her license?  How come every time she is shown in a car now, someone else is driving her around?  Maybe she lost it for being under the influence of the pills?  And that's partly why Corey is so concerned about her with the girls?  

If I was Chelsea or Randy, I would flip my lid during those interviews between Dr. Drew, Adam, and the two of them.  Dr. Drew is absolutely ridiculous. It's an embarrassment to his profession.  

There is NO WAY Jeremy is an actual engineer.  She probably doesn't even know what his real title is, but it's not engineer.  

• Love 2

No school gives out letter grades for Kindergarten.  Even Charter schools.  Jenelle just made that up because she wants to act like an involved "mother".  It's both sad and kind of funny that she didn't realize the whole internet would immediately know she was lying, because you don't get letter grades in Kindergarten.  

Is Nathan going to be on Part 2?  I want to watch for Barb, but Nathan makes my skin crawl.  He's a murder/suicide waiting to happen.  That guy is crazy scary.  And it's beyond pathetic how he dresses up in his suits and pretends he's a golden boy, acting all smarmy like he's the stable one showing Jenelle the way to be responsible.  But all it takes is one wrong word and he loses his shit.  He's like a maniacal version of Eddie Haskell (if anyone else here is old enough to know who that is).  

• Love 8

Jeremy hasn't been around and I think they are splitting up and that's one of the main reasons Cory is trying to get the kids.. Leah is a straight up mess and at least with Jeremy in the pic the kids seemed to have a somewhat stable envirement. That's my opinion because there is something going on that is not being aired. He has been GONE and she's living in a shitty apt from what I see. She's all creepy looking like she's in shock and coming undone.

• Love 5

When I was Chelsea's age, if Dr. Drew had said to me what he did to Chelsea-- that is, being all down her pants about what kind of sex she's having with every tom, dick, harry, and magic wand-- my Dad would have been pretty upset.  Not at the suggestion of me having sex, but because a guy old enough to be Chelsea's father pressuring his daughter into answering sexual questions she obviously wasn't comfortable answering.  I mean, what GIVES, Dr. Drew?  Are you warm for Chelsea's form?  It isn't just "hope you are using birth control and wearing condoms every time" (and why doesn't this show focus on STD prevention too?)

At my age now my Dad would let me handle things, but Chelsea is still pretty young. 

• Love 5

Jeremy hasn't been around and I think they are splitting up and that's one of the main reasons Cory is trying to get the kids.. Leah is a straight up mess and at least with Jeremy in the pic the kids seemed to have a somewhat stable envirement. That's my opinion because there is something going on that is not being aired. He has been GONE and she's living in a shitty apt from what I see. She's all creepy looking like she's in shock and coming undone.

I've gotten the same feeling and drawn the same conclusion. Something is just off. I think Jeremy is leaving, Leah is about to be left alone with the girls, and Corey knows and wants his girls out now before the shit hits the fan.

• Love 1

If Nathan is on next week will he insist on holding Kaiser Roll the whole time or will he allow him to be passed off to whoever they have watching the children?

If Corey gets full custody and Germy and Leah are still together I would be surprised if she doesn't get pregnant again. It would solve her issues about her identity because she'll have two babies at home so of course there is no way she can get a job.

• Love 1

None. She's freaking delusional. K is usually graded using a code for above standard or mastered, at standard or needs improvement. Unless she has enrolled Jace into some kind of time warped frontier school, no one grades on an A-F grade scale for k. And the only way they would advance a child to the next grade level early is through testing, I cannot imagine that a K teacher, in the midst of  dealing with 5 year olds not wanting their mom to leave them and making sure the kids get to the potty would have time to give Jace an achievement test, have it graded, assessed by the administration and advance him all on the first day of school. They probably put him in a group that knows all their shapes and colors. In Janelle's drug addled brain, that means he skipped a grade. 

I hate to be the party pooper here, but since the first day of Kindergarten my daughter got grades and her report cards had actual grades and held A honor roll all yr.  I mean, I know it's just K but still it was grades such as 90, 91, etc and not any letters. She had homework almost everyday day in K, 1st, and 2nd, now in 3rd she barely has any.  

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 1

I used to babysit a kid in a charter kindergarten and he got grades plus an hour of homework a night.

Still think Janelle is lying. To be honest I don't think she's actually involved enough with Jace to know how he's doing in school. She probably sees one assignment he got a good grade in every few months and assumes everything is fine.

• Love 1

When I was Chelsea's age, if Dr. Drew had said to me what he did to Chelsea-- that is, being all down her pants about what kind of sex she's having with every tom, dick, harry, and magic wand-- my Dad would have been pretty upset.  Not at the suggestion of me having sex, but because a guy old enough to be Chelsea's father pressuring his daughter into answering sexual questions she obviously wasn't comfortable answering.  I mean, what GIVES, Dr. Drew?  Are you warm for Chelsea's form?  It isn't just "hope you are using birth control and wearing condoms every time" (and why doesn't this show focus on STD prevention too?)

At my age now my Dad would let me handle things, but Chelsea is still pretty young. 

I don't know....After Chelsea baby talking about how she lasered her kitty for her future hubby on national tv, I don't see how anything could be uncomfortable for her.  GAG

• Love 4

I think Leah is definitely having some issues with pills.  Cory seemed like he was trying to not come out and say it but clearly he noticed that something was off with her.  I also couldn't believe all the BS about Ali's physical therapy.  The physical therapist would know what is the best thing to do for Ali if she was feeling tired and if the physical therapist felt that it was best to skip those days then they wouldn't be after Leah for missing so many appointments!

Yes!!! I thought Cory was hinting at Leah acting loopy for more than a week, I don't believe a dammed thing shifty eyed girl says.

I think Leah should take Ali to therapy even when she says she's hurting, they can access her issue, and modify the treatments on the days shes in pain. That's a part of therapy for any injury or condition, Leah is not doing her any favors by skipping the sessions.

Dr. Drew is such an enabling, coddling sap, he was more concerned about finding out how long ago Chelsea slept with Adam, than calling Leah out on her bullshit.

• Love 2

I thought the same thing, I got a pervy vibe from his curiosity about her sex life. He also commented on how good she looked a few times, creep!

• Love 3
I could not believe it when Chelsea said that getting Aubree and Paisley together was Adam's responsibility and that quack argued with her! What is wrong with that man? What is his marriage like? Seriously, Chelsea is now responsible for Adam's other children! Oh and driving Adam to his parole hearings.

I couldn't believe Dr. Drew had the nerve to ask if she could drive licenseless Adumb around. I loved that she straight up told him that was not her responsibility. I also loved when he was pressing her about giving vague answers. He asked something like, "What's it like to be on TV and then say you want to keep certain things private?" and she replied, "It's pretty nice". HA!

• Love 3

Did Leah lose her license?  How come every time she is shown in a car now, someone else is driving her around?  Maybe she lost it for being under the influence of the pills?  And that's partly why Corey is so concerned about her with the girls? 

That's a really good question. I have been wondering why she's always a passenger lately. I completely understand how someone can accidentally get in over their heads with these types of drugs and I feel for her, but she most definitely didn't need to be driving around when she could barely manage to sit up at work.

I've gotten the same feeling and drawn the same conclusion. Something is just off. I think Jeremy is leaving, Leah is about to be left alone with the girls, and Corey knows and wants his girls out now before the shit hits the fan.

Hmm. It seems like we would've found this out somehow by now - social media etc. - but it makes sense. I believe they both love the girls, but I think Corey and Miranda's house may be a more stable place for them, at least for now.

Must admit I'm still pretty confused on Leah's whole story line.  One week she's in a trailer, the next week they have a nice house, the following week they have a small apartment, and somewhere in between they got a ranch and horses... so... I admit I may just be lost! (I know, I know, it's not really weeks, though it does seem like it's only a few months in between)

I agree that someone would have found out by now if Leah actually lost her license. But...if she has been acting wonky lately, I could see people offering to drive to try and keep her from getting behind the wheel. "No, no, Leah...you're stressed as it is. Let me drive".

• Love 4

I hate to be the party pooper here, but since the first day of Kindergarten my daughter got grades and her report cards had actual grades and held A honor roll all yr.  I mean, I know it's just K but still it was grades such as 90, 91, etc and not any letters. She had homework almost everyday day in K, 1st, and 2nd, now in 3rd she barely has any.  

So I wasn't alone!  I got letter grades as early as Kindergarten and I think I even got them in Pre-K. I was starting to wonder if I was imagining things. Homework started in 1st grade, although it was mostly really fun stuff that was probably way more work for my parents than it was for me. I do wonder how involved Jenelle really is in any of Jace's schoolwork, though. I got the feeling she was just spouting off what she's heard Jace and/or Barbara talk about.

• Love 2
I hate to be the party pooper here, but since the first day of Kindergarten my daughter got grades and her report cards had actual grades and held A honor roll all yr.

I feel incredibly old.  I didn't even go to kindergarten.  And first day of first grade, my mother dropped me off in front of the school and said, "Go find your classroom, dear."  But it could have been worse--my mother could have been Leah, or Jenelle, or Barb,  Or she could have made me walk because she was getting a touch-up on her pretty kitty.

I have been wondering why Leah's always a passenger lately.

Because it's too hard to hide the cigarette when your hands are busy using the steering wheel and the phone.

• Love 5
Because it's too hard to hide the cigarette when your hands are busy using the steering wheel and the phone.

I must be lacking in my recognition of talent because half the people I see near me on the road these days are texting and they don't seem too talented!  But I agree, if  you're trying to fake it it's probably a big handicap if you can't hide the cigarette.

In many cases, to have the title of "Engineer"  (or be the "boss man" as Leah claims) there is still the P.E. exam (Professional Engineer). My son-in-law is a Chemical Engineer and took his P.E. a couple of years ago. As I recall- you have to have a degree, enough hours/projects and recommendations from employers to qualify. So, after 4 years at Georgia Tech, interning and years of working for a firm  he finally took his test... and passed. I'm not sure how old Germy is  but he doesn't seem old enough for all those years under his belt. 

• Love 2

Jace's A's and B's must be in Math ... and psychology???

Not only did Jace get bumped up to first grade math on his first day of kindergarten (note: we can't even do first grade math, so...), he's taking psychology classes. At night school. Jenelle revealed this nugget of informational gold to fans when she was asked about Jace's whereabouts on August 14. Her response? "Night school. Takes classes for psychology. He's a smarty."

http://www.wetpaint....sses-psychology

Perhaps Jenelle has woken up to the fact that evenings at her house ARE a class in psychology for Jace? Abnormal psychology. Edited by ktwo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Case of the missing Germy:

So why wasn’t Jeremy Calvert at the Reunion taping? Just a few days after everyone else wrapped up filming the Reunion, Jeremy posted this photo of himself looking like a potential subject for Mike Rowe’s Dirty Jobs.

In the comments section Chelsea Houska’s pop Dr. Randy wrote, “You skipped New York to do this?” Jeremy’s reply was, “Yea randy I did, this is steady income.”

On a different, and perhaps more urgent note, a friend wrote, “I think I would’ve pumped some water first lmao!” Jeremy responded by explaining, “buddy it was coming in as fast as you could pump it out.”

Jeremy_Calvert_working-490x490.jpg

http://starcasm.net/archives/291649

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 2