Type keyword(s) to search

SNL: The Current Cast Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

Discussion in this topic is for current cast members. Thank you!

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Pete Martell said:

Their blind items are the epitome of grain of salt, but...

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2019/05/blind-item-5_5.html

The return last night would never have been possible during the reign of this actress/writer/producer who starred on the same show forever. She made/makes you choose sides as to whether you were against the actor or with the actor. If you were/are with him, you were/are shunned by her.

They're clearly implying this is Tina but she left SNL thirteen years ago and he hasn't hosted during those years.  I can't think of any creative, other than Lorne, who has been at SNL that long.

Edited by Irlandesa

Wonder what Tina's beef is with Adam, though? Their tenures on SNL didn't overlap so it's not like anything could have gone down there. Their senses of humor are diametrically opposed but that blind item makes it sound personal (I know, grain of salt).

I recall hearing a lot of the so-called blind items at that "Crazy Days and Nights" web site are complete BS and made up. Looking at this, I'd believe that before I believe the BI. Tina Fey and Adam Sandler were never on together, so I can't see any real feud having happened.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I recall hearing a lot of the so-called blind items at that "Crazy Days and Nights" web site are complete BS and made up. Looking at this, I'd believe that before I believe the BI. Tina Fey and Adam Sandler were never on together, so I can't see any real feud having happened.

And her continued friendship and working relationship with Rachel would seem to dispute her alleged absolutism given that Rachel played Adam's wife recently in a Netflix movie.

(And I agree, I don't believe BIs and I wish I were stronger to avoid discussing them.)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

(And I agree, I don't believe BIs and I wish I were stronger to avoid discussing them.)

Oh, don't think I was criticizing those that do read them! I do. LOL! I just don't read the BIs from that site. (Great distinction, right?  😉 )

8 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, don't think I was criticizing those that do read them! I do. LOL! I just don't read the BIs from that site. (Great distinction, right?  😉 )

I didn't take it is a critique.  That was more a self critique where I literally look at Blind Items and think (probably made up) but then reply anyway.

• Love 1
On 5/7/2019 at 7:11 PM, Irlandesa said:

And her continued friendship and working relationship with Rachel would seem to dispute her alleged absolutism given that Rachel played Adam's wife recently in a Netflix movie.

And, presumably, her continued friendship with Jimmy would also indicate that as well. So, I'm with you on this one.

And she always seemed somewhat friendly with Drew Barrymore, who was a frequent host in Tina's era and has obvious ties to Adam.

But ultimately who really cares one way or another if Tina isn't fond of Sandler?

(edited)

Here's an article on who may leave or not.

I have a feeling everyone may be staying now with no announcements otherwise. I guess Ego could go either way, but other than that, I just don't see it. I think they will gradually reduce Kate's time, but they will likely need her for some impressions. FWIW it says Cecily and Aidy have both renegotiated their original deals for an additional year.  

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, marketdoctor said:

If you haven't heard, Colin Jost recently got engaged to Scarlett Johannson.  There's no official word on how Leslie Jones is taking the news, but I hope she meets someone good as well.

She already has--Kyle!

• Love 4
On 5/20/2019 at 7:24 PM, marketdoctor said:

If you haven't heard, Colin Jost recently got engaged to Scarlett Johannson.  There's no official word on how Leslie Jones is taking the news, but I hope she meets someone good as well.

Not to be mean, but Leslie may still have a shot. Scarlett Johannson has two prior marriages behind her. Eh. Maybe the third time will be the charm.

I found Tan France annoying enough when he did the makeover video with John Mulaney (especially his mock-bewilderment at the idea of being the same age as Mulaney because...come on now) that I haven't watched any others, but this newest with Rachel Dratch and Tina Fey is entertaining. Tina Fey pretty much takes over, which can sometimes be a good thing and sometimes is not, but fortunately it's a good thing here as she's lots of fun and keeps the energy going.

(I also like her jacket)

Rachel, of course, is a doll.

And there's a fun surprise at the end.

• Love 1

What?!?

I'm stunned.  And very disappointed.  I'll miss Leslie a lot.  I always looked forward to her commentaries.  And she's going to miss working with Eddie.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, vb68 said:

And she's going to miss working with Eddie.

Au contraire!  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tracy-morgan-joins-eddie-murphy-coming-america-sequel-1232974 

The new story sees Akeem, now set to become king, discovering he has a son he never knew about, a street-savvy Queens native named Lavelle. Honoring his father's dying wish to groom his son as a newly crowned prince, Akeem must once again return to America.

Jones is playing the son's mother, a woman who had a one-night stand with Akeem, leading to pregnancy. Morgan will play Jones' brother, a hustler named Reem.

If anything it sets up a reason she would be back when Murphy hosts and with Tracy Morgan to boo!

• Love 6

Ironically (I guess), I thought Leslie Jones was at her best when she wasn't trying to be funny at all. There was some dinner party sketch late in the season where she seemed to approach her character as an acting role and she was damned convincing.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, vb68 said:

Pete is moving up in the world. He's going to have a role in the sequel to The Suicide Squad.

Hmm. I'm a little surprised he didn't leave for greener pastures like Leslie.

Unless it's just a tiny part I'd think he would need to go, unless Lorne is fond enough of him he'll let him take part of the season off.

There's still a few weeks to go and they were supposedly auditioning a number of men, so I am hoping he will leave. He's done everything he can do on the show and last season was just way too much in terms of his personal dramas and the show exploiting them.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

Unless it's just a tiny part I'd think he would need to go, unless Lorne is fond enough of him he'll let him take part of the season off.

I get the impression that Lorne is indeed very fond of (and protective) of him.

And that's the other thing with Pete and the show. With all of his demons and health issues, the show has been like a security blanket and safe zone for him. I can see how he would be reluctant to leave and how he probably feels a great deal of loyalty to the show and staff. If Lorne asks him to stay for a couple more years, I think Pete will regardless of his outside opportunities. 

Edited by vb68
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

I get the impression that Lorne is indeed very fond of (and protective) of him.

And that's the other thing with Pete and the show. With all of his demons and health issues, the show has been like a security blanket and safe zone for him. I can see how he would be reluctant to leave and how he probably feels a great deal of loyalty to the show and staff. If Lorne asks him to stay for a couple more years, I think Pete will regardless of his outside opportunities. 

I just wish this protection extended to leaving more of his personal life offcamera (I know that this is his main role on the show, but the Ariana Grande stuff was just way too much). 

Anyway, looks like this will only be a cameo role, so it won't affect his schedule.

• Love 1