Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Off With Their Heads

Dina's was exquisite. One of the best things I've seen on this show. I was afraid for George, however. Multiple recent bottom looks, and up against the power of The Save. But I enjoy watching him, so I'm glad he stayed.

• Love 6

I don't know which description I liked better, George's "cloud man-boob armor" or Sasha's "anime sex-doll head."

But in all seriousness, Dina's makeup was jaw-droppingly gorgeous.  It's easily the best thing anyone has put out this season.

• Love 9

Dina was phenomenal yet again. If this is an extended job interview,she will easily keep busy.

I thought Sasha and George should have both gone. I couldn't decide which was worse: Gravel Face Barbie with Baby Doll Medusa-head, or Cross-Dressing Mismatched Wigs God.

• Love 5

As soon as George said he was going to use silicone, I was like "Nice knowin' ya, George."  That's almost always an unforgivable sin.

He might as well have drawn on some poorly-done lava and gone for the hat trick.

I thought George's Zeus looked just like his goblin last week, except with gray hair and a beard. (And sky-blue man boobs - thank you, Lois, who needs Ve?). Only I wanted Sasha off more so I didn't have to listen to her nasally voice anymore, along with her weekly "I really don't know anything about (fill in the blank)".

Dina's was gorgeous. She really can do beauty make-up. She must have decorated some awesome cakes.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 3

OMG Hershel!!!!!

Woohoo, Dina, congrats on a job well done.

What was with the editing on this ep? We got virtually no judge response for Stella or Drew.

George, buddy, I love you but your days are numbered. His guy made me think of Harry Shearer in drag.

Finally...I know I've been less than charitable toward her in the past, but let me say in all sincerity that I hope Sasha didn't hit her butt on the door on the way out.

• Love 5

I agree with everyone. Dina's was beautiful head to toe. And the model sold it! Sasha is finally gone. I know she's younger, but for heaven's sake, she doesn't know Greek Gods? And it took her a whole day to research online? Love George; he's a joy to watch but I fear his days are numbered. Another nice episode. Down to five!

• Love 5

I was an art major in college, and I went to school with at least a dozen Sashas, if not more.  There was always at least one person in every class who would kind of basically ignore the entire assignment and do whatever they wanted, only putting in the most minimal amount of effort to relate their work to the actual prompt, but the professor would never fail them because their work was decent technically.

Dina was my favorite in week one and horrific reindeer nonwithstanding, I am glad she has done so consistently well.

• Love 3

Dina's was gorgeous! The shells, the colors, the details contrasted with the simple elegance… perfect! It's so refreshing to see a contestant on this show lean toward beauty makeups instead of monsters and gore. If she can keep up the good work she'll join Laura and Anthony as one of my all-time favorites.

I do think Sasha has some real talent, but it got lost along the way this season. I'm so glad George is still around, despite some recent duds - he's just too damn funny to lose.

I've said before that I don't care for Cig's work, but I really didn't see what was so great about his makeup tonight. I could see every single edge! Glad Lois dinged him on the shoulder poofs.

And thank you show for the lack of monsters this year! It's been quite refreshing.

• Love 6

Hey... let's talk about that amazing angler fish head!  I know Aphrodite was a sight to behold, in gorgeous pastel corals, but that fish blew my mind.  It looked so real, and as Dina herself said, the contrast between the beautiful goddess and the ugly fish told a great story.

"Anime sex doll" oh yeah.  I can't get that out of my head.  So true.

• Love 10

Finally, finally, finally! Whiney Sasha is gone!  crappy concept, crappy execution.  Her Athena made no sense whatsoever.  I thing the only thing she got right was the Medusa head being the right head for her to be holding.  Of course she messed that up by making it a sex doll head.

loved Dina's Aphrodite!  It was absolutely gorgeous.  Cig, your Apollo left a bit to be desired.  I was surprised there was as much praise as there was.  Of course he couldn't resist the grotesque plague head.

• Love 1

Anime sex doll head.

Cig, your Apollo left a bit to be desired.  I was surprised there was as much praise as there was.

They couldn't have liked it as much as all that, since in the end Glenn said flat out that there was only one top look this week.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 1

Sasha is finally gone. I know she's younger, but for heaven's sake,she doesn't know Greek Gods? And it took her a whole day to research online?

And she still somehow managed to get it wrong.Athena is not the Greek goddess of war. The Greek god of war is Ares. Athena is the goddess of wisdom. I noticed Sasha didn't describe her as the war goddess in front of the judges, which is good. I'm sure at least one of them would have known she had it completely wrong. Also, the idea that Athena would teach Perseus how to slay Medusa but would somehow be careless enough to be turned into stone herself doesn't make sense. Not to mention that the severed head sculpt was more silly than petrifying. Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 7

Finally! She's gone! Woohoo! I don't have to listen to that immature child any more. Her clown doll may be one of the best make-ups of the season, but I just can't stand her.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I agree with the judges for the winner. Dina's sea goddess was beyond gorgeous. Some of the stovepipe coral accents may have been a little too corny, but it did nothing to detract from the beauty of the face and cowl.

But I do NOT agree with the judges on her's being the only top look. Cig's Apollo was every bit as regal and godly. His main failure was the overly bulbous severed head and some horrendous seams around the face. If he had toned down the diseased head and smoothed out those seams, he stood a good chance of winning too. Lois can STFU about the poofy shoulder pads since fantasy armor is very rarely practical.

Even Stella's make-up was also quite beautiful, though it was a very distant third. Drew's was sort of just there, though the horn on his severed head was the perfect phallic object to go with the anime sex doll head. Thanks for that LOL moment, Nevill!

And George, I love you man, but you're stuck in a serious rut. While I agree with the judges on how crappy that armor was, it wasn't man-boobs. Again, STFU Lois cause a lot of chest armors are even more anatomically correct than what George's was. The problem with George's was that it was just plain awful the way it was just glued onto a robe. Though I will admit  if he spent less time goofing around and taking selfies with the model, then I wouldn't love him nearly as much.

Finally, good to see Hershel again. However, it's waaaaay too soon for the headless jokes. Shame on Scott for making that "tip my head to you" joke and for Face Off for making him judge this challenge. I, for one, am not over his death yet. *sobs in the corner*

• Love 1

I find it incredibly amusing that Percy Jackson was invoked on the day that the last of Rick Riordan's Heroes of Olympus series was published.

As for the show, why would anyone choose Athena for a make up over Demeter or Artemis?  She really wasn't kidding when she said she had no idea.

• Love 1

I am glad Sasha is gone.  I hope that she becomes more mature quickly.  She is talented but I think she would be hard to work with.  I think about how awful she was in the partner competitions.  She refused to provide any input or ideas.  Then when she works alone, she is disruptive to others and wants them to tell her what to do.  Sasha strikes me as someone who has always gotten away with the minimum.  I think the other contestants caught on this week and were telling her she was doing fine to keep from being sucked into her issues. 

Dina's was amazing.  I think beauty makeup is hard and she always knocks it out of the park.  I remember her first sculpt and it was beautiful.

Edited by kitticup
  • Love 2

Dina, Dina, Dina!!!

I was okay ish with Sasha, even with the confused baby persona, until last week when she had the cyclops teen and said, "I usually need to see what everyone else is doing to make sure I'm on the right path" or words to that effect.

She obviously has some talent and I think she'll definitely work, but her creativity is sorely lacking. Also, if you're going to do the kind of work they do on Face Off, Sasha, you might want to, I dunno, READ occasionally or study up on some of the popular genres in your chosen field.

I miss Ve, but I like Lois, so I don't miss her as much as I thought I would. As long as Glenn and Nigel are there, I'm happy.

• Love 4

Dina's sculpt was just breathtaking, & the model really worked it too. Glad to see Sasha gone, especially since her THs this week sounded exactly like her THs last week. And Neville, thanks. I'm going  to make "cloud man boob armor" part of my vocabulary.

• Love 1

And she still somehow managed to get it wrong.Athena is not the Greek goddess of war. The Greek god of war is Ares.

Actually Athena is a goddess of war, it's just not her primary aspect. But Ares is basically the awful god of war representing everything bad in war(right down to himself being a coward) while Athena represents the tactics and strategy and other enlightened aspects of war.

• Love 10
I don't know which description I liked better, George's "cloud man-boob armor" or Sasha's "anime sex-doll head."

Between these two quotes during judging and the earlier joking about Jesus hair in the workroom, this episode was hilarious.

Dina's makeup was gorgeous and was a great concept. I liked that the shells on the model's head represented the sea theme without going the typical blue/green route. I also really liked the contrast between the beautiful goddess and the ugly angler fish head. The beauty makeup she did on the model was really beautiful. The colors as well as the design were breathtaking (and not in the Seinfeld way).

It was definitely time for Sasha to go. She knew she did a shit job. That Medusa head looked HORRIBLE. To me it looked more like the cheap Halloween costume that Michael warned her it could not look like. I realize she is young but she really needs to study more of everything (based purely on how many times she said that she didn't know about something this season). I know that in a real job situation, you probably have a bit more time to research and prep beforehand rather than just a few hours before you start sculpting, but it's similar to the designers on Project Runway who have no reference about fashion. Just as the designers should have a good knowledge of clothing from each decade/time period as well as past designer houses, contestants on Face Off should know basic things about horror, aliens, mythology, animal anatomy, etc. Those kinds of things seem like the necessary basics and Sasha doesn't have that. No wonder she has to walk around and look at everyone else's work!

I can't believe that none of the judges mentioned the really obvious edges on Sig's model's flame shoulder pads. I would have been fine with hard definite edges so that the shoulder pads looked like part of the armor, but the gold paint went down below the edge of the armor so it made no sense.

• Love 5

I've said before that I don't care for Cig's work, but I really didn't see what was so great about his makeup tonight. I could see every single edge! Glad Lois dinged him on the shoulder poofs.

yeah, I was surprised he was in the top because of edging.  The colors were great.  I would have put him safe and put Poseidon 2nd.

Loved Dina's!!!!!

And, on a shallow note, Mackenzie please don't wear your hair like you did during the results, it made you look a lot older.

• Love 2

Hey, it's Hershel! For some reason...

I liked the judge Michelle Bourke (sp?) of the foundation challenge, she gave useful and specific Westmore-like advice. I don't think she held true to her stated parameters, since I thought the best stone work and captured expression of fear was in Dina's; I thought that model looked properly shocked and mid-transition.

I did like this change of giving them a whole day to ponder their design... not that it made a huge difference this week, but in general I think the show would benefit if they had more than two hours of idea time before starting to sculpt. Actually, it just hit me why we don't have longer lab work times, or why they fluctuate from 6 to 10 hours: it's probably all driven by union rules on how many hours a film crew can work a shoot.

Sasha apparently wasted all of that extra time. What the heck was she doing that she still didn't have a concept by the next morning when entering the lab? If she didn't know Greek mythology, well she's got a whole day to read up and brainstorm with her fellow contestants! Whenever she finishes maturing, she'll be a heck of a creator, but she's frustratingly helpless right now.

I like that so many Cig talking heads are about fine technical details and techiques. He's clearly very, very skilled, and with Rachael gone and George near the cliff, he and Dina are probably my favorites at this point. Well, obviously.

Not a lot of surprises: Cig and Dina on top, George and Sasha on the bottom. With Sasha gone, George needs a miracle to break out of his death spiral.

Cig: Pretty good, but kind of his usual stiff-headed expressionless sculpt, along with some uncharacteristically splotchy application work. He looked properly Greco-Roman god-like and I did like how he popped against that background, although with the choice of sun-inspired fiery colors it read far more "Praetorian Guard of Rome" than "Olympian". That chest sculpture was quite phenomenal, though.

George: Better than recently, not great. I thought he oversculpted the face, and the armor looked kind of chintzy and unintimidating for the head of the gods. Neville was right that the model's own muscular build could have been emphasized to greater overall effect by using less clothing. I loved Scott's observation that the severing should have been charred, I (and George) didn't even think of that.

Sasha: Holy fuck, that was freaking hideous. Her face looked like a morbid case of venereal disease, so sorry if you were eating while watching this episode (or reading this comment). She was right to be ashamed, the god was unrecognizable and grotesque, and the Medusa head looked like an "anime love doll". After enthusiastically agreeing with Michael Westmore that she should focus on the severed head so it didn't look lifeless given her backstory, she... promptly made it look laughably like a papier mache monster head you might have sculpted once at summer camp. That's like the third show in a row she's nodded eagerly at Westmore then done the exact opposite. She played the ol' George Costanza card one time too many this week!

Dina: was her usual very competent self, but I just didn't love it. I can start to really see the cake decorator in her, with so many of these similar intricate, layered, vibrantly colored, and often floral designs. Don't get me wrong, it was stunningly gorgeous and blew everyone else's away, but I still thought it read as stern and aloof, and had an almost unintentionally Indian color scheme, which doesn't to me convey a Greek goddess of love. But again it was as always gorgeous, refined, and wonderfully detailed, so she sure as hell deserves to be here. I can't see who else but her is the front runner at this point.

Drew: ick. Both heads were terrible, the models face was melty and the severed head looked like one of those squeeze toy stress relievers. Some detailings were nice, but it is a real drop off from last week.

Stella: Not very inspired, it felt a little too dragon for me than sea god, but again it was a smooth makeup. "It looks like he killed a fish from Fraggle Rock" made me laugh, Glenn has really been on fire lately.

Stella and Drew didn't get their judges comments aired, and a lot of similar editing goes on for this show. I think it'd be great if you could watch the complete, unedited assessments up on syfy. The geeky technical details they go into are my favorite part of the show!

• Love 1

I miss Ve, but I like Lois, so I don't miss her as much as I thought I would. As long as Glenn and Nigel are there, I'm happy.

I wish Ve were hear for this judging because she loves beauty make-ups and I would have liked to hear her thoughts on Dina's gorgeous work.

• Love 1

Dina's was absolutely beautiful.  I think it was one of the best interpretations of Aphrodite that I have ever seen and was a refreshing change from the usual way that Goddess is represented.

This season of Face Off has given me two laugh out loud moments.  The first was serial killer reindeer and the second was man boobs Zeus.  I know armor can be anatomically correct (remember when George Clooney's batman suit had nipples), but that looked ridiculous and the fluffy clouds did not help.   It was also funny the way the model was posing...it was as if  Zeus was saying "Love my moobs or they will destroy you".

So, thank you Face Off for not only being a great show, but also for making me smile.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1

Wow, Dina's was just lovely, and the model kept her chin up and just glared regally at everyone. Perfect match of stunning makeup and a model who is selling it for all she's worth.

I didn't hate Stella, but I'm glad she's been put out of her misery. It seems like she's truly hampered by a lack of a breadth of knowledge - like she just needs more growing up and a few art history courses just to get more information flowing around her brain that she can draw on. When she has a solid point of origin for a makeup, like the doll - which was inspired by something she had actually experienced - she becomes much more confident and can really turn something out.

George is so much fun but I don't know if he gets distracted too easily and winds up not thinking his makeups through conceptually, or if he fundamentally just doesn't have a lot of imagination.

Poseiden and Hades looked interesting as well - would have liked to hear more comments on them by the judges.

Stella and Drew didn't get their judges comments aired, and a lot of similar editing goes on for this show. I think it'd be great if you could watch the complete, unedited assessments up on syfy. The geeky technical details they go into are my favorite part of the show!

I agree! As happy as I was to see Scott Wilson, I wondered if all his screen time was the reason that the Stella & Drew comments were sacrificed.

This was one of the best episodes ever!   Hershel Walker!!!!  Sasha going home (before George)!!! And a beautiful make-up from Dina!!

This episode really showed Sasha's limitations.  Following last week's episode during which she stated that she needed to see the work of others in order to get ideas, this week her spotlight look was a replay of the foundation challenge.  People turned into stone by Medusa...  No originality at all in her spotlight creation.  Perhaps one of the most glaring examples of lack of creativity on this show ever.  I also was so distracted during the episode by her seemingly purposeful pity facial expressions.  My big concern while watching was that George would be eliminated before her.  

Although I love George, I think he will be next to go.  His look had such potential, but he didn't follow through with an entire look.  I think he is entertaining, but the time that he takes in order to be entertaining really should be spent on finishing his looks.

Such a great season and I always appreciate how helpful the contestants are to each other (I assume that by this far along in the series the serious contestants realize that Ve actually hires a lot of the contestants) which bodes well for their future employment.  I am glad that the contestants won't burn any more time having to help Sasha.

Actually, it just hit me why we don't have longer lab work times, or why they fluctuate from 6 to 10 hours: it's probably all driven by union rules on how many hours a film crew can work a shoot.

There are plenty of reality shows that film 18 hour days. On Faceoff I think it has more to do with the fact that the technical parts of the process such as molding and curing simply require a certain number of hours and can't be rushed. So it makes sense to have them work to only 5 or 6 pm and then let the processing happen overnight. With 3 days for each challenge, they really don't have 'not enough time' as a valid excuse.

Okay, now I'm even more pissed that Rachael went home last week... I think she would have done really well in this challenge.  Instead we got Sasha being her usual self - ignoring the challenge and a concept that made no sense.  And it was crap to boot.  I'm glad she's finally gone, but it should have happened weeks ago.

• Love 4

I am glad Sasha is finally gone, but PISSED that Sasha got the JUDGES SAVE , especially so EARLY in the season!!!  

Granted, that clown/doll was good, but when she worked in pairs, the 1st episode, and in Oz meets Alice, both her partner did not got the concept, she did, but was spineless, and did not speak up..... this is when you WISH the judges got to watch the contestants work.. because.. SASHA knew that the judges asked 'who did what' and most importantly, 'whose concept was it'-so she knew she would be safe! DISGUSTING, and on that, SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT HOME!  The Pairs concept- you do not even need immunity to screw your partner over if you just get across to the judges that the idea was ALL THE OTHER ONES IDEA! (also helps if you are blonde and pretty!).  Some of her other work was OK, BUT, it tended to be along the same lines.. like the Japanese  and/or doll lke characters.. and after a few epis, you could see this, which is why I was SHOCKED they used a save on her!! THE JUDGES SAVE should be used CLOSER to the end.. when one of the PROVEN better ones has a bad day........

• Love 3

I knew Sasha was doomed when she decided to concentrate on the head (which as it turns out wasn't that good) then her actual god and then replicating the whole stone look from the earlier challenge. That's thinking outside the box - not! I'm surprised Michael Westmore went along with it but I guess he knew she would go her own way in any case. I mean, even if you don't know much about Greek mythology its not really hard to get a visual cue on Athena (she's actually one of the easier ones). The Ancient Greeks LOVED her (Athens is named after her) and there are statues of her and representations of her out to kazoo then you can just google to see. The irony is it she had put even a little creative work it into it she probably could've beaten George since the judges like to justify their save.

Dina's was the only standout and I wonder if the editing made us think that Cig was in "top looks" just because he got some positive comments. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that because it was obvious (and it was) that Dina was going to win the challenge.

• Love 1

I also didn't hate Sasha, but I'm glad she's finally gone. She was just way out of her depth in this competition, and a few flashes of brilliance weren't enough to justify her hanging around.

I also thought Dina's was the runaway winner... just beautiful work. And I loved her angler fish! Those little suckers are hideous, and it provided a perfect contrast to her gorgeous makeup.

I still like Cig, but did notice the edges on his makeup. Still, though, I think he might be my pick to win the whole thing.

I liked that Dina could do a seashell-themed Aphrodite without coming across as derivative of Botticelli.  Loved the pearl!

I can't decide if Stella's red octopus head reminded me more of a bad rendering of Admiral Ackbar or a bad rendering of Dr. Zoidberg.

• Love 5

Dina's was just amazing. Easily one of the best make ups i've seen on this show and definitely the most divine looking of the group.

I kind of hated Cig's. Apollo was primarily the god of music, art, male beauty, youth, athletics and health. The proper god of the sun is Helios. Where the whole 'plague god' thing came from I have no idea. But his make up uglied up what is actually probably the most attractive of the male models they currently have, which really hurts for a god where beauty is actually one of his primary traits. The edges were just heinous and his paint job was weird and uneven. And that severed head was just a big foam blob.

Stella's was technically good, but a bit uninspired and waaaay too sea creaturey. She should have used more human and less creature if she wanted to portray the divine.

Drew's was a bit of a dull mess, you have the clearly Lord of the Ring's inspired Hades ringwraith with a really meh looking severed head. But at least it wasn't a technical failure like the last two.

George's was just awful. The proportions were awful, did he originally intend to get a more muscular model and then just not change his ideas when he got the most slender of the guys or did he really intend for it to look like a big giant head on small body with armor made so large it didn't remotely meet up to anatomy it was meant to cover? Seriously the chest piece wouldn't have looked like man boobs if it had been where pectoral muscles are, instead it hung down through the belly and the abs were almost at the crotch. And why age the face if you're going to leave so much bare skin unaged on a obviously very young model? At this point i'm kind of wondering how George even got on the show, this is now like the fourth make up he's made that looks more like a kid's craft project for a school play than a professional make up piece. And he liked it and actually thought it looked good, that really gets me. At least Sasha knew she put out a bad piece, George thought this was okay.

Sasha's was just heinous. Nothing about it worked right. But especially that Medusa head, it was just awful and unless you told me it was Medusa I wouldn't know since it had no clear Medusa traits.

• Love 4

I did like this change of giving them a whole day to ponder their design... not that it made a huge difference this week, but in general I think the show would benefit if they had more than two hours of idea time before starting to sculpt. Actually, it just hit me why we don't have longer lab work times, or why they fluctuate from 6 to 10 hours: it's probably all driven by union rules on how many hours a film crew can work a shoot.

I've always assumed it depends on how long the introduction where Mackenzie lays out the challenge takes to film/produce - traveling to a location, filming, then back to the lab would have to eat up a good amount of Day 1 compared to doing the intro in the lab (like last night's ep). Maybe it's a combination of practical and union rules. *shrugs*

Instead we got Sasha being her usual self - ignoring the challenge and a concept that made no sense.

She didn't ignore the challenge - that would have been something like making someone who had been turned to stone for a while when the challenge was specifically showing someone who was turning into stone. Sasha tried to put a twist on the challenge to wow the judges with her creativity, because she's only mediocre at execution, but failed to come up with anything, and went ahead with an idea even she hated. She should have just done the best she could playing it straight and hoped that someone else would fail or she'd get a pass based on the better work she's done. The judges were praising the shoulders of a work with abysmal paint flaws, so the bar wasn't that high yet.

• Love 3
And why age the face if you're going to leave so much bare skin unaged on a obviously very young model?

George's makeup seemed particularly pointless. If a producer wanted an older guy to play Zeus, he could simply cast an older guy, not hire a younger man and then stick an old guy face on him, along with some awfully done armor. I would think a makeup should create or add something not ordinarily available by casting.

I can't say I'm sorry to see Sasha go, and she certainly deserved the boot for her terrible work but at least she had a concept. Unfortunately for her it was typically out of left field, and then she mangled the execution.

None of the pieces looked particularly Greek to me.  For Dina that worked she did enough of her own thing (and did it so well) that it stood on its own.  I also give props to Dina's model for selling the aloof goddess air.

George tried to make his look Greek, but didn't pull it off.  His piece looked a little like Saruman.  I don't know why he didn't do the armor as one solid piece instead of the various bits he ended up using.  I don't think his Zeus even had a thunderbolt. Some LEDs could have been awesome.

Cig's wasn't that great and I could see his edges, and the severed head looked like a big blob.  While Apollo is the god of plague, it was not his primary aspect.

Stella's was good, but a little too sea-creaturey and not enough god.

Drew's did look like a Ringwraith and personally, making Hades look corpse-like is sort of the low-hanging fruit.  There are other ways Hades could be depicted that would have been more interesting.

I liked Sasha, but her piece was terrible, and it was time for her to go.  I don't think she ignored the challenge so much as she didn't understand it, combined with a lack of knowledge about Greek Mythology set her up for well, what she had.

• Love 1

Having Athena with the Gorgon's head could have worked -- as I remember, she placed it on her shield to create the Aegis. That could have been a triumphant piece. (Plus, Athena was one of the three beautiful goddesses -- she held her own with Aphrodite and Hera in the Judgment of Paris -- there was no need to uglify her.)

I know she's young-ish, but was she also home-schooled? I was wondering if that would explain how she acts in teams and her apparent lack of general knowledge.

In other news, it was nice to see more of Glenn's tattoos this week.

• Love 4

Athena is a hard one for the base concept though, especially if you want to avoid owl stuff. Since there are no visual symbols that clearly say 'wisdom'. Though I just would have picked Demeter, who is a easy planty Mother Earthy concept, or Artemis, slap some animal traits on and some moon symbology and bam you're done.

Though Dina had a equally difficult task, since love is also a difficult abstract to visually represent, and got over that hump wonderfully.

• Love 1

I felt Sasha was past due to go home, it seemed like she had been scrapping by barely for quite some time now.

That's what I've found frustrating. Overall, this cast has seemed pretty strong, and even the weaker ones have had moments of brilliance. Yet here we are at the final 6, and we've got 2 people who shouldn't be here: Sasha and George. (I like George, but I don't like his work.) So next week, at the final 5, will George have a good week and a more deserving designer go home due to a bad week? It could very well happen.

I know she's young-ish, but was she also home-schooled? I was wondering if that would explain how she acts in teams and her apparent lack of general knowledge.

She went to a charter school for people interested in an artistic profession, so the curriculum is likely to have been light in some areas considered part of the "well-rounded" education offered by traditional schools.

• Love 1

What the heck was going on in the foundation challenge this week? Really? Stella and George were the top looks? It was clearly between Drew, Dina, and Cig. George's attempt at lichen did not even come close.

I love Greek mythology so I was interested to see how they'd take it. They guys were clearly the better picks. It's way easier to do Zeus and Poseidon and Hades than find a way to interpret Aphrodite and Athena beyond beauty makeup. I was impressed that Dina pulled in her birth from the sea (though of course I don't know what kind of information they were given). I was wondering how Sasha was going to interpret wisdom and I worried about getting another owl (girl loves to repeat herself). I was thinking some kind of writing on the arms or something or something with the eyes to create more of psychic/seer character. Medusa is clearly the head you have to use for Athena. I wouldn't be surprised if that was where they got the idea for the challenge. I was a little bugged by Apollo because it seems fishy for the god of medicine to be going around spreading plague. 

"Do I look like Zeus?" "You look like hippie Jesus. Go back to Woodstock."

I feel like we've seen the forms on that Apollo character so many times before but it was better executed than a lot of those other makeups.

Zeus looked kind of small. I wish George had thought to bulk him up a bit.

Sasha's was rough. Poor thing. I think I like her better than a lot of people but she had a really bad week. I think she's talented but not consistent. I think she needs more time to find her vision. She struggles a lot with her concepts. Then again, I still don't know how you put wisdom and war in a makeup without just making a warrior. I think you have to go owl or olive and interpret things a little more abstractly like Dina. For God's sake, why not just pick Demeter and do a beauty makeup like Dina?

Yes! Dina finally gave us a gorgeous beauty makeup. I adore this look. And the angler fish? She somehow became my favorite artist in the competition.

I do not like the Hades or the severed head at all. It looks like it's sculpted out of wax. Sculpted poorly.

I thought Stella's was fine. I'm not thrilled with the look but it was well executed in comparison to George and Sasha.

Yay! More beauty makeups next week!

• Love 1

Apollo wasn't the god of medicine, Asclepius was.

And might I add, Asclepius was one of the sexiest of the gods, rrowr! Pardon the bluntness, but I don't mind saying Asclepius can have my cock any time he wants it, if you know what I'm saying...

I... I just couldn't resist, I'm so sorry

• Love 1