Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Some Strange Eruption

The "real" cops came during Jax's fight with Lin--and arrested only the Chinese!  They should have also hauled all of Barofsky's "cops" in for "their report" too.

Right. The Sheriff called Chibs ahead of time and warned him and he and Bobby got Jax out of there before the "real" cops arrived (from only one direction) and apparently didn't see or care about the Sons taking off. It's not so much that Chibs and Jax were ex cons caught with drugs, weapons and a gang, but that they weren't caught because they drove away and the real cops have very bad eyesight.

Oh Nero, you Cardigan wearing Cat Daddy that makes the word mama sound hot and dirty.

Why was your precious son up in that Clubhouse?

Sigh...

Because Nero has lost everything he was trying to build for his son and himself, but he only partially realizes that at this point.

And, yes, Jimmy Smits is doing wonders for men's cardigans.  As Nero in a romantic mood, the man purrs like a tiger.  OMG, pure sexiness.

• Love 3

Among the many things I don't buy is that the pawn shop owner would intentionally stay away from Barofsky's warehouse for a measely $2,000. You KNOW that means something is going down. Barofsky pays you to watch his stuff. The smart move there would be to tell Barofsky about the phone call. You would have to be a complete idiot to not tell him. You KNOW he is going to come see you afterward. And for $2 grand? Even Jax should see the silliness of that deception.

It would have been awesome if Juice just whacked Gemma, no hesitation, like he did the guy in the hotel room. That would have shocked a lot of viewers, and it would have been due to a sequence of events (Juice knowing something Gemma didn't about Nero) that worked well. But no.

What was Gemma waiting for to shoot Juice?  he was asleep. Do you need to drive a certain distance befroe shooting him? Why not shoot him now and then drive him? Did she think she was going to be able to get him out of the car first?

It would have been awesome if Abel had gone after Thomas with the hammer. Some sort of, "No one will hurt you, Thomas, I'll make sure of it" psycho vibe. THAT would have been twisted. Just copying his dad wasn't surprising or even unusual.

Also, why does everyone on this show gloss over the obvious question? Lin just sort of mutters he didn't kill Jax's wife? He doesn't protest it anymore than that, a la "So THAT is why you killed my guys and took my guns?" And when the pawn shop owner makes it clear that he didn't rat - he was bribed to stay away but didn't rat - no one says, hmm, OK, if not him, then who?

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 2

Unless Barofsky told him to stay away, and come up with something why he was "away" if anyone came around asking. He may or may not planned to be there. And then Barofsky killing him before he can talk just means Barofsky is safe for a while.

Unless Barofsky told him to stay away, and come up with something why he was "away" if anyone came around asking. He may or may not planned to be there. And then Barofsky killing him before he can talk just means Barofsky is safe for a while.

That's what I mean. Even if Barofsky set the guy up, is Jax supposed to believe that one of Barofsky's men purposefully walked away from guarding Barofsky's stuff for $2k? Whether Barofsky set his guy up is besides the point. If I am Jax, and I hear that story, I have doubts that it makes any sense.

Lin really missed his chance. I was dumbfounded when he didn't kill Jax and Chibs. Why would you shoot 16 people in a brothel to send a message to your enemy, but not shoot that enemy when they are outnumbered?

Having said that, I'm glad Chibs didn't die.

• Love 2

That's what I mean. Even if Barofsky set the guy up, is Jax supposed to believe that one of Barofsky's men purposefully walked away from guarding Barofsky's stuff for $2k? Whether Barofsky set his guy up is besides the point. If I am Jax, and I hear that story, I have doubts that it makes any sense.

Jax stop and think about anything? What show have you been watching? Sounds neat! :D

• Love 1

So, when Jax was telling little Damien, I mean Able, that it was his job to protect everybody, did anyone else yell "And a sorry-ass job you're doing of it too!"

I literally yelled at Jax, "You're doing it wrong!"

And you can't tell me there aren't any better child actors out there to play Abel. They should have replaced him in between seasons; it's some of the worst acting I've seen, and having the other characters interact with him is painful.

• Love 2

I swear, the way Gemma calls Jax "baby" just makes my skin crawl.  I just don't see how Wendy, Tara or any woman could have a relationship with a man whose mother calls him "baby" like that. 

• Love 4

Yeah just shoot her Juice and run far, far away. You are a dead man anyway if Jax ever finds you.

I am continuously amazed by the repeated "shock" of the people on this show at others dying. "Oh my god.....how could this happen, who would have guessed!" Uh, anyone that has had anything to do with this group for 5 minutes and sees people associated with them killed every week for the past 5 years.

People being shocked made me laugh, as did all the talk of no more bodies. And it appears everyone has forgotten about the dead and the almost dead cops from last week.

Katey Sagal's gait when she was running away from Juice was one third Gemma, one third Peg Bundy and one third Harlette.

That's funny, and when she was begging for her life she was totally using her Leela voice. My prediction is that Juice calls Jax,dumps everything he knows then kills himself in front of Gemma.

• Love 2

I was just disappointed that Tony Denison was in the show for only, what, 3 minutes?    Loved him in Crime Story, what an awesome show that was.    

And someone mentioned upthread -- what about the lady cop who JUST got shot up the day before -- did we drop that storyline completely?     Oy, this show.

• Love 1

Never in my life have I rooted so hard for a character's death. Gemma's issues with Thara have now led to the deaths of over 20 people! It's insane. And she doesn't see to feel any guilt about it all, only concern that she'll be found out. So over her.

I'm also over how filthy these guys always look. Just take a damn shower already - it won't take that long, and you can get right back to your mustache-twirling plotting and pointless murdering.

• Love 2

So, when Jax was telling little Damien, I mean Abel, that it was his job to protect everybody, did anyone else yell "And a sorry-ass job you're doing of it too!"

Oh God. The utter lack of self-awareness killed me. How many people have died while Jax has been President of the club?

Also, why does everyone on this show gloss over the obvious question? Lin just sort of mutters he didn't kill Jax's wife? He doesn't protest it anymore than that, a la "So THAT is why you killed my guys and took my guns?"

Yeah, I found that convenient. Jax was going to beat him up and then kill him for murdering Tara and all Lin says is response is "what are you talking about?" Fucking seriously? How about "I didn't have Tara killed. We don't kill family you fucking idiot. Who told you it was me? Sounds like someone was trying to direct attention away from them". I would have loved it if he'd sneered at Jax and been all "sure, man. You can kill me. All you'll accomplish is letting the real killer get away with murdering your wife." I can't believe he was so cavalier after his beatdown ("What was that all about?") Uh. So dumb.

I swear, the way Gemma calls Jax "baby" just makes my skin crawl.  I just don't see how Wendy, Tara or any woman could have a relationship with a man whose mother calls him "baby" like that. 

I could maybe handle it IF SHE DIDN'T CALL HER LOVER BY THAT SAME PET NAME. That shit is just creepy.

Barofsky said that the bakery was closed when Nero arrived. Yet its display cases were fully stocked?

Lyla? Shut the fuck up. "Why do people keep dying?" Fucking seriously? Maybe because you work for an outlaw motorcycle gang who has dropped more bodies than many of your coworkers could actually count? Jesus. Wish she'd been at Diosa when it was hit. Sorry but I have no affinity for someone in that life who is THAT delusional about the nature of that life.

Abel is fucked. That no one in his family is willing to even remove him (and Thomas) from this environment while shit is going down beggars belief. Someone needs to call children's aid. This is fucking appalling.