Type keyword(s) to search

Barbara Evans

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I wonder if the producers/MTV gave Babs this little webseries because they want to give her more money and have to find a way to justify it. 

Whatever their reasons, I'm just glad they're doing it. Babs is way more entertaining then half the people on this show. Plus she is just naturally funny. That voice, that raised eyebrow, her outlook on life - pure comedy gold.

• Love 7
(edited)

It's not just yelling and screaming, though. Jenelle was abandoned by her father and witnessed a ton of abuse as a child, which was traumatizing and is statistically likely to cause many of the problems we see. Mental illness, addiction, teen pregnancy, unstable relationships, etc. She is a cautionary tale not just for young people but for parents. Barb's other children have similar problems. And I'd assume Barb was also neglected, abandoned, and/or abused as a child, so it's more of a systemic than individual thing. 

And I do think getting off heroin is a huge deal. That's not exactly easy. And you don't take heroin because it's fun. You take heroin because you are seriously ill.

That said, she has not changed her fundamental issues. Extreme insecurity, codependency, mental illness, impulsivity, and a lack of coping skills. And those might follow her forever, but I wish she'd get off MTV and get very, very intensive outpatient or inpatient therapy. The fact that her mother and partners don't encourage her to do this is ridiculous. She is not self aware or emotionally healthy enough to decide that for herself. She is still young and I don't agree that she is a psychopath or can "never" change...flat affect and lack of empathy are indicative of many mental illnesses besides psychopathy/sociopathy (different things). But I very, very much doubt that she will, and she has become a very self-serving and even dangerous person over time, who seeks out other self-serving, dangerous people to create more self-serving, dangerous people. It is basically a textbook case of generational trauma/abuse, but with MTV money. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

It's not just yelling and screaming, though. Jenelle was abandoned by her father and witnessed a ton of abuse as a child, which was traumatizing and is statistically likely to cause many of the problems we see. Mental illness, addiction, teen pregnancy, unstable relationships, etc. She is a cautionary tale not just for young people but for parents. Barb's other children have similar problems. And I'd assume Barb was also neglected, abandoned, and/or abused as a child, so it's more of a systemic than individual thing. 

And I do think getting off heroin is a huge deal. That's not exactly easy. And you don't take heroin because it's fun. You take heroin because you are seriously ill.

That said, she has not changed her fundamental issues. Extreme insecurity, codependency, mental illness, impulsivity, and a lack of coping skills. And those might follow her forever, but I wish she'd get off MTV and get very, very intensive outpatient or inpatient therapy. The fact that her mother and partners don't encourage her to do this is ridiculous. She is not self aware or emotionally healthy enough to decide that for herself. She is still young and I don't agree that she is a psychopath or can "never" change...flat affect and lack of empathy are indicative of many mental illnesses besides psychopathy/sociopathy (different things). But I very, very much doubt that she will, and she has become a very self-serving and even dangerous person over time, who seeks out other self-serving, dangerous people to create more self-serving, dangerous people. It is basically a textbook case of generational trauma/abuse, but with MTV money. 

Whats sad is no one stops and thinks "Hey, maybe I'd like to break the cycle and get out of this abusive environment and better myself. " 

Does Barb really stop and think that Jace will need therapy because he's been raised in a toxic environment?  Or does she simply not realize it or not care?  

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

Whats sad is no one stops and thinks "Hey, maybe I'd like to break the cycle and get out of this abusive environment and better myself. " 

Does Barb really stop and think that Jace will need therapy because he's been raised in a toxic environment?  Or does she simply not realize it or not care?  

Exactly. 

(edited)

I'll give Barb props for getting herself and her kids out of the abusive relationship she was in with Jenelle's father. My guess is that she probably would have liked to have done better by her kids, but she was so busy just trying to keep her head above water & keep the kids' basic needs met that she fell short. 

At at this point though, it's not Barb's fault that Jenelle is Jenelle. Kail had a shitty childhood and while she can sometimes be a shitty person, she's not an addict, cares for her children, has an interest in being a mom, has gone to school, and has never ignored her kids. So Jenelle can miss me with her sob story about her childhood. Plenty of people have awful childhoods but don't grow up to be neglectful psychopaths like Jenelle. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 21

Of course, but it's not really about "fault." On some level, yes, an individual can turn out to be awful and we can hold them accountable for their behavior interpersonally and legally, but on another, we can see how entire generations of families turn out to have similar issues. And it's devastating. 

• Love 4
(edited)

That said, she has not changed her fundamental issues. Extreme insecurity, codependency, mental illness, impulsivity, and a lack of coping skills. And those might follow her forever, but I wish she'd get off MTV and get very, very intensive outpatient or inpatient therapy. The fact that her mother and partners don't encourage her to do this is ridiculous. She is not self aware or emotionally healthy enough to decide that for herself. She is still young and I don't agree that she is a psychopath or can "never" change...flat affect and lack of empathy are indicative of many mental illnesses besides psychopathy/sociopathy (different things).

IMO Jenelle can be mentally ill and still when it comes down to it, not be a good person deep down.  Plenty of hardcore criminals have had pretty damn gruesome, awful lives but, to paraphrase Brooklyn 99 "Cool motive, still murder." As grating as Barb is, as chilly as Kail can be, or as whiny as Leah is, when you see them you can see some love and human warmth in them. I'm pretty sure all three have mental issues and terrible things in there pasts, as well. In my years of watching TM2 I've never seen what I've felt was genuine emotion from Jenelle, except for her own self.

Anyway, different strokes and all. I would love to see anything to indicate Jenelle cares about anyone but herself, but I think she is too narcissistic to truly think of anyone but herself, including the children she carelessly dragged into the world.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 14
(edited)

Anyway, different strokes and all. I would love to see anything to indicate Jenelle cares about anyone but herself, but I think she is too narcissistic to truly think of anyone but herself, including the children she carelessly dragged into the world.

I think you are 100% correct.  Jenelle probably would benefit from therapy and maybe medication.  But nothing whatsoever is going to change who she is fundamentally, IMO.

I'm afraid we're going to see more kids from Jenelle, too; and I think having one with  Uncle Dave is going to be her worst mistake so far.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 7
(edited)

I don't think it's ever one or the other. Jenelle may very well be a disturbed person at her core. I don't claim to know her interiority. It's quite likely she'd have been genetically predisposed to emotional and mental health problems and issues with addiction, impulsivity, and violence. I personally believe she would have been arrested or institutionalized no matter what, as is often the case with severe bipolar I patients. However, without paternal abandonment, trauma, and abuse, not all of those issues would likely have been triggered, or exacerbated to the point they have been. In particular, she appears to try to fill the void of her abusive, absent father with multiple abusive, absent male partners. She's also repeating her mother's pattern by having children in unstable situations in which both partners are unfit, especially when they insist or she thinks it will keep them around. Then she keeps repeating the trauma by having increasingly toxic relationships, custody battles, etc. So I think at least without the trauma, we might not have two children and likely more being brought undeservingly into the mess. That's not an issue of laying blame here there or everywhere as much as it's acknowledging the interaction of nature and nurture on all of our patterns (and we all have them). 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6

Jenelle definitely showed self awareness and some degree of a conscience when she admitted that her mother "raised" Jace (during car scene with the Dave when they were discussing Barb wanting to take Jace on the Christmas trip).  I have to admit, as minor as this may seem, I felt tremendous relief when I heard those words coming from Jenelle's usual poor-me mouth.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

Jenelle definitely showed self awareness and some degree of a conscience when she admitted that her mother "raised" Jace (during car scene with the Dave when they were discussing Barb wanting to take Jace on the Christmas trip).  I have to admit, as minor as this may seem, I felt tremendous relief when I heard those words coming from Jenelle's usual poor-me mouth.

From what I remember, wasn't Jenelle talking to David in the car about regaining custody and during that convo Jenelle said something like "yeah, she's raised him and stuff...but", pretty much sounding like Barb raising her child for the past 6 years was not really a big deal? 

I am not convinced how much true awareness or conscience Jenelle really has regarding the magnitude of what Barb has done for her (and Jace) in raising Jace, as she seems extremely ungrateful and hostile about it.

• Love 15
(edited)

P.S. I rewatched that segment (it's towards the end of the "Breaking Apart" episode). The context was Jenelle and David were in the car on the way home from Barb's house. It was David's first time meeting Barb. Anyway, they were in the car and were both bitching -- in front of both their kids -- about how  they had just agreed to the Asheville/Christmas thing but weren't going to go, how Barbara was unfair to take Jace away from "his family" at Christmas, that Jenelle is his mother, etc. Jenelle says "I understand she is protective of Jace because she raised him...okay, yeah, whatever!"

Jenelle is Jace's biological mother. In reality, Barb is Jace's mother. She takes care of his needs and has always been there for him. Jenelle doesn't get it. Barb is more of a "family" to Jace than Jenelle could ever be.

Edited by starfire
  • Love 14

I am not convinced how much true awareness or conscience Jenelle really has regarding the magnitude of what Barb has done for her (and Jace) in raising Jace, as she seems extremely ungrateful and hostile about it.

She seems completely unaware that Barb is Jace's family, NOT Uncle Dave.  I don't think she has any awareness of anything that doesn't directly involve herself, her boyfriends(said that Barb's voice), her endless series of court cases, etc etc.  

I don't see that Jenelle has made any progress whatsoever in the seven years she's been on television.  She's still repeating the same old mistakes:  series of loser boyfriends, court cases both criminal and civil, the only difference is the quality of where she lives.  And of course, the number of children involved, I honestly pray that she doesn't get pregnant with Uncle Dave.

• Love 8

I agree. While I can appreciate that her upbringing was NOT conducive to raising a well adjusted functional adult, it is also my personal opinion that Jenelle would have been Jenelle like under even the most responsible, empathetic, pro therapy guardians there are. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Tatum said:

I agree. While I can appreciate that her upbringing was NOT conducive to raising a well adjusted functional adult, it is also my personal opinion that Jenelle would have been Jenelle like under even the most responsible, empathetic, pro therapy guardians there are. 

I agree. And why the hell does she insist on pursuing studies in fields in which she'll never be hired? She goes to diploma mill, rip-off for-profits schools that are happy to get her money knowing full well she would be the last, if ever, person hired to work in a medical office. Even without her past drug issues, she's still got a criminal history.

I can't wait to go online to see Babs's baes. I like her a lot. I know she's got issues, but she's trying like hell with Jace and the two share a lot of love. I wish we'd see more of them together and less of Jenelle and her latest perv.

• Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, Katt said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm from Boston originally and my mom sounds just like babs so I don't get the whole "funny talk" because that's just how most Bostonians talk, lol. So I can call babs (my mom) up on the phone right now if I wanna hear this, as her personality is close. I think I've had the "shave bawls" convo with her and my sister one night when we were being silly. :-)

with all of that being said, even I want to tune into the babs spin-off. It looks really cute, lighthearted, and funny. I wish jenelle didn't kill her "friends with benefits" mood. The lady was enjoying the talk about finding a special bedroom friend and jenelle rains on it with an argument about Jace.

short response. I want to see this special and I hope they make it a weekly show after. :-)

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 5

Can we please have her say "Keefuhhhhh" every once in a while? OMG I love Barb!

If she starts making more money, don't put it past mommy Janelle from asking for a cut, I can hear her now..."Dude! I keep Jase for you one day a month Dude! I need to be paid Dude OMG just shut up DUDE!!"

• Love 5
(edited)

So Jace comes back from Jenelle's,  calling Barb "that old fucking grandma" and telling her that she is too old to raise him. Time to cut  the visits out! Jenelle can whine to Uncle Bad Touch all season about it and MTV can make a stroryline out of that.

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 11

During tonites Babs special, I was yelling at that producer who was hanging with Babs. The producer kept saying but " Jenelle is soooo much better now". ( compared to what ) " I can see where Jenelle is coming from wanting Jace after 6 yearsssss"  I was like WTF and I think Babs was too . Is this producer not seeing the same horrendous parenting, drug use , loser boyfriends etc etc we've seen ????? Babs is far from perfect and I hate when she engages in screaming matches with Jenelle but being with Jenelle & Uncle Creepy is NOT a safe place for Jace. When Babs called about meeting the next day , the convo went south instantly and Jenelle stated again " YOU TOOK MY SON!!!" ..... Uh is 16&pregnsnt & T2 OnDemand or Netflix cuz Jenelle needs a refresher course lol

That was the first time I've seen Ashleigh ( jenelles sister) and all i could think  was Wow it must be awful having Jenelle for a sibling. I think Babs was right too - this MTV money & fame has NOT been good for Jenelle. It's made her crazier. 

• Love 24

Some of those producers are just sleazy. She's either smoking weeeed with Jenelle, or she's trying to get a reaction from Barbara for TV's sake. 
Jace is absolutely better off with his grandma. She not perfect by any means, but she has expectations and routine, which Jenelle is unable to provide.  Ashleigh is surprisingly soft spoken. I don't recall seeing her before and imagined her to be loud and hot headed like Jenelle. 
Jenelle wore sunglasses because she didn't want to be seen on camera without makeup. Barb called her out, 'why you wearing your sunglasses Jenelle?' Hah.

• Love 8

Seriously, what was up with that producer telling Barb that it has been six years and all Janelle wants is his child back. She sounded like those fans who leave comments on the sneak peak videos about how Janelle is such a good mom and Barb  just needs to give her her child back. Like, really? I also love Barb naming the other moms on the shows who have taken care of their kid. 

Also, Ashleigh is the best. I loved when she told Barb that Janelle should be thanking her for raising her son. ASHLEIGH STAY ON THIS SHOW FOREVER AND EVER. We need voices of reason like you and I'm sure Barb needs a pep talk from someone every once in awhile. 

Jace is adorable. I can't believe he comes home and curses at Barbra. Barb isn't always perfect but she does have a routine with Jace and plans.

• Love 16

I love me some Barb, I just do.  Anything she can do to supplement her normal way she earns money is fine with me.  Barb looking for a companion was so cute.  She was beyond funny in her description of the type of man she wanted, i.e. Teeth etc..  What the hay was up with that female producer telling her it's been 6 years and it's understandable that Janelle should want/have her kid back.  Since she definitely knows how that all went down, why would she say that orchestrated sentence.  After looking at Unreal I clearly get why you are encouraged to say and do certain things.  But honestly whoever put her up to saying that dumb shit should be sidelined.

Barb you ain't perfect, but you are a hell of a woman to take on the raising of your little grandson and holding down a job at your age And taking the verbal abuse that you do from that daughter of yours and the men she drags home with her.  Salute'

• Love 22

Barb's show was cute.  I agree she's not perfect,  but I like her. 

I assume that producer was just following orders.  I was also like wtf is she talking about.   The more I thought about it,  they (production)  have to kiss these girls behinds. Janelle would Filip out, if anything like the truth was spoken about why Janelle doesn't have Jace. 

I don't know why, but I was shocked  how rude Farah was to production on Teen Mom OG .  The producers  just took it.  I could never deal with these girls. 

Whatever happened to Barb's boyfriend Mike?  Last time I remember seeing him was around the Kieffer episodes. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It was nice of MTV to run Jenelle's 16 & P episode yesterday afternoon.  Anybody who's ever seen it knows that Jace wasn't "ripped out of her arms."  It was also nice of them to run Chelsea's 16 & P episode right after Jenelle's.   The difference between those two is astounding, and watching them one after the other really showed what a horrible person and mother Jenelle really is.

Production must have to kiss Jenelle's ass.  I can think of no other reason for anyone defending her.  I wonder who was watching Kaiser when Jenelle was at Barb's.

Ashleigh was a pleasant surprise.  Nice to see that Barb has a daughter she can talk to without ending up in a screaming match.

Edited by Abmis
clarity
  • Love 10
(edited)

Whatever happened to Barb's boyfriend Mike?  Last time I remember seeing him was around the Kieffer episodes.

He moved in with a "Hootah's waitress, heh heh heh," according to Barb a few reunion shows ago. Mike had a "boat captain" look about him, too, now that I think about it.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Chicken Wing said:

He moved in with a "Hootah's waitress, heh heh heh," according to Barb a few reunion shows ago. Mike had a "boat captain" look about him, too, now that I think about it.

LOL,  okay,  I missed that.  

@Chicken Wing , how appropriate for you to respond :) 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, iheartla said:

Some of those producers are just sleazy. She's either smoking weeeed with Jenelle, or she's trying to get a reaction from Barbara for TV's sake. 
Jace is absolutely better off with his grandma. She not perfect by any means, but she has expectations and routine, which Jenelle is unable to provide.  Ashleigh is surprisingly soft spoken. I don't recall seeing her before and imagined her to be loud and hot headed like Jenelle. 
Jenelle wore sunglasses because she didn't want to be seen on camera without makeup. Barb called her out, 'why you wearing your sunglasses Jenelle?' Hah.

Barb should have said "you are high high high!" like she did during the Keifer days.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Seriously, what was up with that producer telling Barb that it has been six years and all Janelle wants is his child back. She sounded like those fans who leave comments on the sneak peak videos about how Janelle is such a good mom and Barb  just needs to give her her child back. Like, really? I also love Barb naming the other moms on the shows who have taken care of their kid. 

Also, Ashleigh is the best. I loved when she told Barb that Janelle should be thanking her for raising her son. ASHLEIGH STAY ON THIS SHOW FOREVER AND EVER. We need voices of reason like you and I'm sure Barb needs a pep talk from someone every once in awhile. 

Jace is adorable. I can't believe he comes home and curses at Barbra. Barb isn't always perfect but she does have a routine with Jace and plans.

Agree about the producer. She has her head so far up Jenelle's ass that Jenelle should have her own horror show about her extra head on her shoulders. Anything relating to Jenelle is a horror show as it is.

That producer sounds like one of Jenelle's rapid fans and also some people who think Jenelle has made such a vast improvement in her life simply because she quit doing heroin. When people make comments like that, it tells me they know nothing about addiction. It is not that simple that Jenelle has quit heroin. It is whether Jenelle has made any changes in her life that contributed to her turning to drugs in the first place. If she hasn't, she will end up right back to an addict. Do people honestly believe in this day and age that all one has to do is go to rehab and they just walk out feeling clean and better without any of the hard work that goes into staying clean? The same patterns and the same behaviors Jenelle showed before and during her addiction seem to still be there. If Jenelle has mental problems, and I think she does, it doesn't appear to me that she is getting the proper help. She is being fed medications, but I don't believe she is getting proper psychiatric help. She would have to admit she has a problem, and in Jenelle's mind, everyone else is at fault for the things that happen to her, it is never her doing.

Barb mentioned Jace is on meds for his ADHD. I am hoping it is not just a doctor who is prescribing this medication for him, but rather a psychiatrist.

Well, now we know why Jenelle HATES her sister so much. Ashleigh tells it like it is! Ashleigh has Jenelle's number. She knows exactly what her sister is all about. What a breath of fresh air to see her and Barb sitting there talking the truth.

• Love 11

That psychic reading...all she had to do was watch a couple of random episodes to come up with her 'bold prediction' of heavy fighting and conflict with a dark haired, blue eyed woman lol. 

Also I wanna go drinking with Barb! What a hoot!!

• Love 12

Can we pleeeeeease have Ashleigh as a regular on the show?

Also, I wonder about the timeline for this special. It seemed to be late winter or early spring, as they were bundled up, but choosing spring clothes. I'm guessing most "spring breaks" are in March, so maybe this was right before the infamous fight. Maybe Jenelle got wind of Ashleigh putting her down, and that's why she snapped Barbara's head off when she said she was going to NJ with Ashleigh!

On another note, I looooved the part where Barb saw a fan on the street! I actually saw her once at the Olive Garden at Concord Mills Mall. It's right outside of Charlotte. She was leaving, and across the restaurant, so I didn't get to say hello. She had Jace with her, and another young man, who may have been jenelle's brother who lives in Asheville. It was late 2013 or early 2014, I think. 

• Love 3

Ditto to upthread comments on Kristen the producer. Yes, Janelle is "better," but at what point is it better for Jace to stay in the only stable home he has ever known? He seems to be doing well in school, has an awesome playhouse and is loved. Returning custody to Janelle would not be in his best interests. That ship has sailed.

• Love 8
(edited)

How refreshing it was to hear them explain the issue with Jenelle in a calm and reasonable matter. I'm glad that Barbara has one daughter that appears to respect her. They were speaking so many truths, it was overwhelming me. Barb does provide stability and she's not perfect, but she loves him and tries to do the best by him. Janelle is so toxic and brings out the worst in Barb. She's one funny lady and its nice to see her being around people that aren't looking to pick fights. I would watch this instead of Teen Mom every day. I also hope she finds a companion that genuinely cares for her. She deserves that.

Every time Janelle and Barb are in a scene together, I'm always waiting for them to blow up. It's so uncomfortable to see them interact. I hate that producer.

And hello, Zach :)

Edited by SophiaPehawkins
  • Love 10

When Jenelle said Babs shouldn't date because it's going to hurt Jace. Bitch. Jenelle look at yourself. 

23 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yes it's been six years. That's the damn problem Jenelle hasn't change. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Darknight said:

When Jenelle said Babs shouldn't date because it's going to hurt Jace. Bitch. Jenelle look at yourself. 

Yes it's been six years. That's the damn problem Jenelle hasn't change. 

Yeah, I don't understand the logic that because she isn't doing drugs at this moment that she can fully take care of Jace now. She can't. Has Jace ever spent a full week with her? He only spends weekends, right? I'm talking a full week where Janelle would have to take him to school at 7 or 8 a.m, and then all his activities that he does- boy scouts is something he does right?- I don't think Janelle could handle all that. And I get it, the producer is either doing her job, asking provoking questions for this special and/or trying to stay on Janelle's side, because that is who the star of this show is, not Barb, Janelle. I too wish Barb would cut the visits short, as it clearly is doing more harm to Jace. Janelle is telling him things he doesn't need to hear, Jace doesn't need to be told that Barb is bad or keeping Janelle away from him. 

• Love 7

Kristin the producer is a moron.. Oh my heart just breaks because poor widdle Janelle just wants her baby back.  Cry  Me a river Janelle doesn't even take care of kaiser. She moves from place to place on a whim.. There is absolutely no stability in her life. I'm almost positive she's still using drugs.  So what If it's not heroin. U don't get a medal for kicking heroin. U make a choice to use the first time. I'm happy for barb though that she has her own show

• Love 9

I hope now that we've seen Ashleigh, people will quit saying that Jenelle is a product of Barb's bad parenting, etc. I'm sure she wasn't mother of the year, but she and Ashleigh can have a simple conversation without devolving into a shouting match. Yes, all of her kids have had a brush with the law, but they probably won the crappy DNA lottery. We know for sure their father is abusive and hasn't contacted them in years, so there could be genetic aspects to their personalities that Barb can't control, no matter what she does. Ashleigh at least seems capable of feeling gratitude and real affection, and seems to appreciate what her mother has done for their family. I think Jenelle could have been raised by Mike and Carol Brady and still turned out the way she did; I'm guessing bad DNA and a personality disorder...and those can be genetic, also. 

• Love 15

Barb's had a rough life.  She's made some mistakes just like the rest of us, but I like the way she's kept her sense of humor and zest for life.  Good for her for putting Jace in Boy Scouts.  That's a great way for him to be around positive male role models.

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I hope now that we've seen Ashleigh, people will quit saying that Jenelle is a product of Barb's bad parenting, etc. I'm sure she wasn't mother of the year, but she and Ashleigh can have a simple conversation without devolving into a shouting match. Yes, all of her kids have had a brush with the law, but they probably won the crappy DNA lottery. We know for sure their father is abusive and hasn't contacted them in years, so there could be genetic aspects to their personalities that Barb can't control, no matter what she does. Ashleigh at least seems capable of feeling gratitude and real affection, and seems to appreciate what her mother has done for their family. I think Jenelle could have been raised by Mike and Carol Brady and still turned out the way she did; I'm guessing bad DNA and a personality disorder...and those can be genetic, also. 

Thank you. All those kids of hers were raised in the same household with the same abuse due to their so-called father. All of the blame being put on Barb's parenting is a bit too much.  It goes without saying that kids will be affected long-term due to living under those conditions. How each child is affected can vary. I am not even sure where this information came from about all of Barb's kids being these problem children. If it was mentioned on the show or an article was posted on TWoP, I likely forgot. Do I doubt it? No. I imagine they had a tough life and likely got into some trouble as teens. Does that mean they are just like Jenelle? Who knows. We never saw her siblings on this show until now. In less than five minutes on this special Ashleigh gave some insight into how she appreciates her mother, she defends her mother, and she calls out her sister for her behavior and her overall attitude. Ashleigh may have been a troubled teen, but she sure seems to have a conscience and awareness, two things that are sorely lacking within Jenelle.

Jenelle is nowhere on her way to no place.

MTV, I need more of this with Barb. No more Jenelle. Highlight Ashleigh and her relationship with her mother.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12

Yes!!! They should kick Jenelle off, maybe to be relegated to phone calls like that stupid one barb got in the car. 

You know what would be interesting? Instead of jenelle's segments, highlight Barb and Ashleigh, like you said, and show their co-parenting relarionship. It seems Barb keeps Gabriel a lot, so we could find out why, and watch Ashleigh as she grows as a mother. It could easily be that Barb keeps him while Ashleigh works, like millions of kids all over America, and there is nothing wrong with her parenting. If that was the case, it would be interesting to see a young mother working a job to requires her to be away from her child, and how it affects her. Very relatable too!

• Love 9

This special had the opposite of the intended effect.  I really disliked Barbara the more I watched.  She just seemed so "on" the entire episode.  I almost was expecting her to break out in tap dance at any moment.  She laughed WAY more than any scene warranted, and it grated on me more and more.  I honestly think she was tipsy the entire episode.

I agree with everyone about that stupid producer.  The minute she opened her mouth I was thinking, "Does this woman live in Bizzaro World and not watch the same show we do each week?"  She was either trying to stir the pot, or is even crazier than Jenelle herself.

Ashleigh DID seem like a calm voice of reason in the Evans household.  However, even Jenelle appears lucid and sane in 1 out of every 10 scenes so I'll have to see more of Ashleigh to make my verdict. 

• Love 3